HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

House of Cards- Netflix Exclusive

Old
02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
mrskin says it was a body double via camera tricks
i'm crushed.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:07 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
am I the only one who felt there needed to be a linkage scene between episode 11 and 12

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 04:54 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

ch 11 was payback and twist of the knife

Old
02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Ah! I'm only on episode 8! Looks like I'm not coming back to this thread 'til I'm done

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Ah! I'm only on episode 8! Looks like I'm not coming back to this thread 'til I'm done
Have a ton of work, so I'm only about to watch episode 4, so yeah, bi.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 05:44 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

episode 13 is a wild ride

Old
02-06-2013, 05:57 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Except it's not.

Lilyhammer is great by the way. Perfect blend of social criticism and "fish out of water"-style comedy.
Sounds like an interesting show. Guess I might have to check out Netflix... another bill I guess.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Sounds like an interesting show. Guess I might have to check out Netflix... another bill I guess.
The 8 bucks/month is well worth it.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Habsfan22100

Just finished the full season and this has quickly become one of my favorite shows. Absolutely brilliant. The wait for the next season will indeed be a long one.

Habsfan22100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 10:45 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
i'm crushed.
I'm thinking they cast a stunt butt that won't make her butt disappointing to see.

I just watched the first episode of House o Cards for free. VEry tempted to sign up now. Beyond this series and the other one that sounds good (Lilyhammer) do they really have a lot of movies and shows on demand? The page I saw said they had thousands but it looked like they only had info on a couple hundred movies and I'm thinking that can't be right they must have more than a few hundred, right?

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 05:26 PM
DreamBeaut

It is worth your 8 bucks a month.

DreamBeaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:08 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

done season 1.

easily worth the 8 bucks.

If netflix can produce 12 series as good as this, HBO/SHOWTIME/AMC are screwed.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Just finished episode 11, my initial reaction is **** this show.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

No idea how much people care about such things, but according to friends who are native to the area, Spacey's upstate South Carolina accent is absolutely dead-on.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
If netflix can produce 12 series as good as this, HBO/SHOWTIME/AMC are screwed.
I want them to produce a sitcom, the networks are doing a poor job atm. I don't see how making more than a few series like this will continue to be profitable for them. The entire $ they're getting from this series must be from product placement+maybe some DVD type deal or cable rights later on+new subscribers. At some point, the amount of new subscriptions will plateau by say the 7th or 8th series they produce so then does it become cost effective? It would be nice if they can continue to do it but there are so many dramas on TV that I don't really care if they do.

The problem with the show and also one of the nice things is that you can watch on your own time but since some people are finishing ahead of others, you can't really talk about it unless you wanna be a spoiler.

Anyways, this season looks like they setup the rise and based on the ending, next season looks like it will be the fall.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:04 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Just finished episode 11...

Spoil:
What did Zoe find in her apartment in episode 10 that made her want to leave so bad? From what I could tell, it just looked like a mess and she felt constricted in it? But I'm curious the way the camera work was done in that scene if she had seen something that upset her that I missed.

I really liked Russo's character, dude had depth, sad to see him go. But damn that was so intense. You could see it coming when he and Underwood were in the car, but the build up was still suspenseful... Just wondering how Francis was going to take care of it.

Going to start episode 12 now, will probably finish the season by tonight. Hooray snow storms!

Old
02-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

This type of season release clearly doesn't work well for water cooler or internet discussion.

Don't know if that really hurts a show or not, but if it does we might see weekly releases for season 2.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:01 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
This type of season release clearly doesn't work well for water cooler or internet discussion.

Don't know if that really hurts a show or not, but if it does we might see weekly releases for season 2.
Agreed. When you look at it like that it's a sloppy decision by a show. Impossible to discuss amongst friends/colleagues/internet strangers unless a coordinated attempt is made.

That being said, done with season one!

Spoil:
Have to think season 2 opens with Zoe/Jeanine/Lucas breaking the Underwood as VP nomination before the announcement, making **** completely hit the fan internally in the White House. Underwood is going to have to try and peg someone else as the leak, and clean up his tracks in terms of Zoe continuing to dig about what really happened with Russo.

So, like another poster said previously in this thread, all the games that Underwood is playing, and the fact that he always seems one step ahead is really catching up with him. It was nice to see Rusk have his number too, and be a guy that can keep up if not be ahead of Underwood, but Underwood really put those pieces together quickly

Awesome performances throughout the season. Kate Mara's best role to date for sure, and Spacey really is awesome. I like Robin Wright in her role, but she's got dead eyes and is so even keeled all the time. Same goes for Michael Kelly (Stamper).

Really enjoyed the season. And now the waiting game commences. Excited to hear other posters thoughts on the season as they complete it.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:09 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
depends on which angle you look at it from
"Looks kinda like a clitoris.... just imagine a woman laying on her stomach......"

Great show. I had high expectations, but they've been exceeded so far, very excited to see if Netflix can keep this up

And the evil Robin Wright (obligatory, Penn) is so freakin' sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
No idea how much people care about such things, but according to friends who are native to the area, Spacey's upstate South Carolina accent is absolutely dead-on.
Actually good to know, just reinforces how amazed I am with him as an actor

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

I really have to scan this thread quick since the wife and I are only 2 episodes in. I say wife and I because getting times we can both watch definitely makes it harder to watch.

Really like the show so far. Really like the way Kevin Spacey's character will talk to the audience every now and then. It gives you those little bits of information, like the show wants you right there with it.

One thing I wonder about though. Kevin Spacey's character seems to be way, way smarter than anyone around him...... he plays people like a fiddle and everything works out. I assume things are going to get more difficult for him, not everything is going to work out quite so easily each time.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Shape

Finished up last night. Soooooo good. Really looking forward to S2. Bravo, Netflix. They have broke ground here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
One thing I wonder about though. Kevin Spacey's character seems to be way, way smarter than anyone around him...... he plays people like a fiddle and everything works out. I assume things are going to get more difficult for him, not everything is going to work out quite so easily each time.
Yeah, It's not all easy sailing for Francis.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Oh ya, for anyone who doesn't know (I just found it today) the original British version this is based off of is available on Netflix Canada (I'd assume US version too since they have soo much more available). I haven't checked it out, but likely will after this.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:49 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

just started watching lilyhammer after reading about it in this thread. I dont know if it's supposed to be,but i found it quite hilarious.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:10 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Still haven't watched episode 4, college blows.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:42 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Just finished episode 11...

Spoil:
What did Zoe find in her apartment in episode 10 that made her want to leave so bad? From what I could tell, it just looked like a mess and she felt constricted in it? But I'm curious the way the camera work was done in that scene if she had seen something that upset her that I missed.

I really liked Russo's character, dude had depth, sad to see him go. But damn that was so intense. You could see it coming when he and Underwood were in the car, but the build up was still suspenseful... Just wondering how Francis was going to take care of it.

Going to start episode 12 now, will probably finish the season by tonight. Hooray snow storms!
Well, that's the reason it's called House of Cards, my friend

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote