HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:21 AM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Thoses guys cost waaaay too much on the trade market IMO and it should be a pretty old/Ufa veteran type since Tinordi is coming.

In a perfect world we could get Doug Murray for cheap, but that will not happen and then again I think that Markov, Subban, Gorges and Emelin aren't going anywhere and I'm not confortable with only Markov and Subban that are good on the PP so Diaz is a pretty good option there.
I agree. I mean, on the one hand, we could stand to have a bigger Dcore, but you're right Dmen don't come cheap, so it could stand to reason to just stick with what we have.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I agree. I mean, on the one hand, we could stand to have a bigger Dcore, but you're right Dmen don't come cheap, so it could stand to reason to just stick with what we have.
Yeah, since nobody think we were being a cup contender this season we better just try to develop and next season Tinordi will replace Bouillon (well I hope) and will be a major shift to getting a bigger more intimidating dcorps, because I think having three good puck moving D is essential in the ''new'' NHL (Markov, Subban, Diaz).

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:24 AM
NotProkofievian

I thought Subban played a hell of a game today, defensively and offensively. Made some really great plays in all zones.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:32 AM
SB164

I had a date. It went well. I ain't even mad.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I had a date. It went well. I ain't even mad.
Women have this power over mens.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

2 things:

1) Budaj doesn't look like a guy who can win another game in the NHL. You dont become goaltending veteran in this league without the ability to win some games, so the good news is that he should get better. Time is not on his side though, with the condensed season.

2) How many times has White prematurely dropped the gloves? Even worse, it was a selfish play today. Yeah, Ott is an ass but there's no excuse for that. The game was dying and Buffalo had nothing going on. Why not let the game die? Surely, White is smart enough to know that was not the time or place to give life to the game again.

The good thing is that Budaj does have the ability to be better, and I also believe that White is smart enough to finally learn from this garbage and stay on the edge more often than not.

Last edited by Hackett: 02-08-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Frank Drebin

I said it after the Sens game, I don't think White is an Nhler. Just too dumb. Last year I'm not sure who against he just starts uppercutting a defenseless player after the whistle. Just dumb. To
because he's what we need.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:07 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
I would have rather them lost 4-0 then to lose that way.. but hey, at least they got a point I guess. And Chucky's batting 1000% in the shootout.

*DD Cole and Patches... where art thou?

*Michel.. do you think PK can't play defense very well or something? Third line D pairing, no PK time, not out there at the end of the game... Wake up man.

*Gio looked brutal tonight... weirdest penalty I've seen in a long time.

*White... Feel bad for the guy but he made his own bed. Probably gonna lie in it for a while.

*Budaj... Another loss. Carey, please don't get hurt.
PK wasn't there because he took a penalty.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:18 AM
HabsCowboysOwn
Habs-Cowboys Nation

Budaj is ******* horrible and anyone saying otherwise needs to wake the **** up. White is the #1 reason why we lost this game and he's a big pile of **** for that but don't come here and tell me Budaj made a difference at all. He looked stessed as hell out there and ultra weak on at least 2 goals. He's no NHL caliber, maybe not even AHL. Call up Desjardins I'm sure he'd be way better.

What do we have to lose anyway? A game with Budaj la passoire in net is a sure loss, might as well give the kid since he couldn't be worse.

Last edited by HabsCowboysOwn: 02-08-2013 at 03:19 AM. Reason: might as well give the kid a chance **
HabsCowboysOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:26 AM
Habs Junkie

Budaj is useless I said it on the first day we signed him. I'm sure we can get a better back up. I miss Auld now. White didn't cost us the game. Budaj cost us the game. Watching that game tying goal on slow motion, you clearly see how **** he really is.

Also allowing back to back goals on that all important "after goal shift" is unacceptable. Therrien should have not played the Desharnais line twice in a row. We are on the road and that line has been exposed. Like McGuire would say: the book is out.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk only 1 shift each in overtime? Wtf Therrien

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:34 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Budaj is useless I said it on the first day we signed him. I'm sure we can get a better back up. I miss Auld now. White didn't cost us the game. Budaj cost us the game. Watching that game tying goal on slow motion, you clearly see how **** he really is.

Also allowing back to back goals on that all important "after goal shift" is unacceptable. Therrien should have not played the Desharnais line twice in a row. We are on the road and that line has been exposed. Like McGuire would say: the book is out.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk only 1 shift each in overtime? Wtf Therrien
Having Auld was gauld.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Beendair Donedat

Everyone just trying to outdo each other in their over the top comments about White. Yes he screwed up badly. But a guy was throwing cheap shots at our small captain and White responded. Crossed the line but I love the willingness to defend a teammate.

Therrien's comments were unnecessary. You don't throw a team player under the bus like that... What has his boy Armstrong done in 9 games? 10 Games - 0 goals, 0 points, -1... Great.

Budaj was soft and kept letting the Sabres back in the game. And the non whistle, non goalie interference call at the end was the ultimate cause of the loss.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:07 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Next 4 games: Toronto, TB, Florida, and Philly.

Tampa scares me the most to be honest.
We can win all four, to be honest.

I knew tonight was gonna be a hard match. We dominated as hell, tho. Our players have amazing forecheck and puckstealing skill.

It just sucks that we went to sleep immediately after scoring.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:14 AM
RC51

I just want to bring this up.
in that last 3 seconds. OTT skates into the blue paint by himself ( not pushed) stays in the blue paint and spreads his legs with his back to the goalie and actually does touch and push the goalie back just a bit. Vanek scores. I thought this was not legal, being in the blue paint this is.
If you watch you will see 4 hab players concentrating on OTT, not Vanek.
Yes I know that game is over and the ruling was a goal and even Toronto says so, I just want a clear answer to my question.

RC51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:41 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
No, I don't think the instigator penalty is ridiculous. As we saw in the previous game against the Sabres, Brandon Prust can put down Ott. He would be cleverer about it and wouldn't risk a 3rd period lead. White's trademark seems to be getting called for 4 minute penalties at unfortunate times.
I think the instigator protect the gutless pukes like Ott who start things up and don't want to fight. Neil did take the instigator but his fight gave Ottawa wings.

I'll never blame someone like White for being a warrior. Never. Because he's the type of guy that will sacrifice himself for his teamate.

He just needs to be teached what to do and get maturity. MT needs to be careful how to handle him and not crap on him.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:48 AM
Kylington
Slim Shady

Should have picked Fasth when we could... Anaheim so lucky can't believe it took so long for nhl teams to notice him..

Kylington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:38 AM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Don't forget this moment.

I'd like to hear an explanation

muzion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

****ing White....

It's not his fault, but still...

Better be a great team effort against Toronto.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:50 AM
PricePkPatch

Im gonna say it once. Everybody will ignore me because we are in dramaqueen mode.

But holy crap do I love our PP. THAT is puck control baby. And holding the zone, even after failed plays.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Kylington
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Im gonna say it once. Everybody will ignore me because we are in dramaqueen mode.

But holy crap do I love our PP. THAT is puck control baby. And holding the zone, even after failed plays.
Agree with this, i ****ing love it. now if we had some ugly players like white DRAWING penalties instead of taking them would be awesome Gallagher is one of those type of players that will draw penalties. just gotta bounce back from this loss, and it'll make us stronger

Kylington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:10 AM
doc lafleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
I'd like to hear an explanation
Pair figure skating... Worse part was he tried again later in the corner::dunno

doc lafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Tuggy

All I could say to the TV screen last night was...'You gotta be ****ing kidding me' when Vanek scored to tie it. And I knew what was going to happen next...another shootout loss

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
White got suckered into a fight by Ott, who had no intention of fighting. White knew it once he was in the box, by his body language and Michel Therrien knew it too, who tapped White on the back after he got back to the bench. That tells me Michel Therrien understood what White got into and although it was a mistake, it wasn't one that would earn him a bus ride to Hamilton, as some of you suggested last night.

Mistakes happen and young kids like White will learn from them. If you ship them out or send them to Hamilton, they won't learn squat. They need a coach to have confidence in them, and I believe Therrien has that in White.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
White got suckered into a fight by Ott, who had no intention of fighting. White knew it once he was in the box, by his body language and Michel Therrien knew it too, who tapped White on the back after he got back to the bench. That tells me Michel Therrien understood what White got into and although it was a mistake, it wasn't one that would earn him a bus ride to Hamilton, as some of you suggested last night.

Mistakes happen and young kids like White will learn from them. If you ship them out or send them to Hamilton, they won't learn squat. They need a coach to have confidence in them, and I believe Therrien has that in White.
You obviously missed MT comments after the game...

We're not seing White again anytime soon.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:05 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
You obviously missed MT comments after the game...

We're not seing White again anytime soon.
You do realize the spectrum of possibilities between "shipped to Hamilton" and "will play next game"?