HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 10.0 - NHL'er! Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 10:57 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
No he is playing badly with terrible passes and low % plays the past 2 games but it's normal like you said Marc.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:29 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So it seems like Alex is going through his first ''rookie wall'' situation right now. Which is something that I expected, he's been on an emotional high for the last 5 weeks or so since the WJC. There was going to be a bit of a letdown at some point.

He's not playing bad or anything, but he's not as dangerous offensively as he was last week or the week before. The good thing is he's still pretty dependable out there.
He's also still top five in rookie scoring.

Nothing seems to stop Gallagher's scoring touch.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:59 AM
poetryinmotion

He was in front of the net doing a perfect screen for Gallagher's goal. Even though he didn't get an assist he was a big part of it.

Therrien needs to get Galchenyuk going asap again because we are not 6-3-1 without him producing those points and cutting his ice time for scrub lines like DD's isn't helping.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:09 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
As Marc Denis pointed out last night, he seems more focused on playing well defensively and making the smart plays. He looks a little tentative on offense, maybe he's scared to make a mistake. Either way, the offense will come.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:15 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
As Marc Denis pointed out last night, he seems more focused on playing well defensively and making the smart plays. He looks a little tentative on offense, maybe he's scared to make a mistake. Either way, the offense will come.
At 18, this is a good sign. Also, I have notice that he has had the puck less and less each game. The was a play yesterday where Prust just shot the puck, Chucks was open in the slot, with his shot, Prust should have pass it but hey Prust is no offence guros. It also happen vs Boston and Ottawa. I would love to see Patch take a few shift here and there with the Kids. Eller is playing much better, he could do well.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:41 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Galchenyuk plays better offensively the more he touches the puck. Limited minutes, playing with Prust.. and a break-out strategy the favors giving it to the wingers to dump it in are all factors into why the last few games Alex has not looked strong offensively.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
At 18, this is a good sign. Also, I have notice that he has had the puck less and less each game. The was a play yesterday where Prust just shot the puck, Chucks was open in the slot, with his shot, Prust should have pass it but hey Prust is no offence guros. It also happen vs Boston and Ottawa. I would love to see Patch take a few shift here and there with the Kids. Eller is playing much better, he could do well.
on top of playing with the kids on the PP, MT gave Eller a few shifts 5 on 5 the last two games. Think he's slowly switching Eller and Prust.

think an EGG line could do well.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
It's nice to have Prust on the ice to protect the kids but offensively he clearly holds them back. I'm kinda torn. I would love to see them with an offensive player fulltime, but at the same time they are still so green in the NHL and I don't want anyone taking liberties.

Eventually I guess though you need to just let them do their thing.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:48 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
on top of playing with the kids on the PP, MT gave Eller a few shifts 5 on 5 the last two games. Think he's slowly switching Eller and Prust.

think an EGG line could do well.
In order for Eller to be succesfull, he must keep this found intensity. I also would love for Patches to get going...not sure what to do on that line.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:50 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
In order for Eller to be succesfull, he must keep this found intensity. I also would love for Patches to get going...not sure what to do on that line.
agreed, and that's probably why MT isnt playing him full time with the kids yet.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:01 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Galchenyuk plays better offensively the more he touches the puck. Limited minutes, playing with Prust.. and a break-out strategy the favors giving it to the wingers to dump it in are all factors into why the last few games Alex has not looked strong offensively.
Very true. The puck just isn't on his stick much of the time. That'll come with additional responsibilities the more that he adjusts to the league. I really like how the Habs and Therrien have been bringing him along.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:22 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Very true. The puck just isn't on his stick much of the time. That'll come with additional responsibilities the more that he adjusts to the league. I really like how the Habs and Therrien have been bringing him along.
Yeah, and Gallagher's playing really well, he's definitely got a scoring touch: however, he and Prust have been incapable of getting Gally the puck clean this season. Replacing Prust with Eller is a great idea, and I hope it continues.

I'm not denigrating Gallagher here, btw. He's a scorer, not a playmaker. So, it is what it is. You have to get someone else that can pass the puck to Galchenyuk

Old
02-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Chucky's jumping from Juniors to the NHL. He doesn't have the benefit of learning the defensive side of the pro game in the AHL like everyone else. He's having an on-the-job crash course right now. A pro's defensive mindset needs to be always "on" unlike Juniors were there's some tolerance for taking shifts off defensively to focus on the offensive game.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If someone is looking for the shootout goal.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
He's also learning what he can and can't do... He's tried to dangle some Ds with the same moves he's used in Junior. Unfortunately instead of 2 seconds he has 1/2 a second to pull it off. He'll need to strike a happy medium between rushing it too much and doing it on OHL time...

Old
02-08-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
It's nice to have Prust on the ice to protect the kids but offensively he clearly holds them back. I'm kinda torn. I would love to see them with an offensive player fulltime, but at the same time they are still so green in the NHL and I don't want anyone taking liberties.

Eventually I guess though you need to just let them do their thing.
Split Galchenyuk & Gallagher

Bourque-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gionta

Old
02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
pcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

Eller-Galchenyuk-Gionta
That would help the away matchups and allow them to play more . I hope he figures that out soon

Old
02-08-2013, 11:36 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

My only problem with Gally is he never hits at all. I mean I see a few good chances for him to hit a guy on the forcheck and he just peels away.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:

Eller-Galchenyuk-Gionta

I would split them up too.

Patches - Pleks - Gionta
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Cole
Eller - DD - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen
Armstrong

Old
02-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:

Eller-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Problem is...do you trust Gallagher to face the other team's top lines 10 games into his career? Because that's the role you are putting him into there as Plekanec faces the tough matchups. And it still leaves you with the complete dysfunction that is the Desharnais line right now.

I would go with:

Bourque - Pleks - Gio
Eller - DD - Cole
Pac - Chucky - Gally

I still don't like it much though.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:11 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Problem is...do you trust Gallagher to face the other team's top lines 10 games into his career? Because that's the role you are putting him into there as Plekanec faces the tough matchups. And it still leaves you with the complete dysfunction that is the Desharnais line right now.

I would go with:

Bourque - Pleks - Gio
Eller - DD - Cole
Pac - Chucky - Gally

If you make changes at this point, these are the changes I'd make. Plus, having Eller on that DD line allows you to put him at center, mid-game if things aren't going well.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:

I would go with:

Bourque - Pleks - Gio
Eller - DD - Cole
Pac - Chucky - Gally

I think splitting the lines the way I put them allows MT to just roll 4 lines...I don't think the Habs even with the lines as currently constructed, have a traditional checking line.

If you put Pacioretty with Chucky & Gally...then you're reducing Pacioretty's icetime drastically at even strength, which would be a mistake considering he's one of the Habs better even strength forwards IMO.

Having Galchenyuk flaked by Eller & Gionta would allow him to play with two players who are defensively responsible...same with Gallagher if he played with Bourque & Plekanec.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
If you make changes at this point, these are the changes I'd make. Plus, having Eller on that DD line allows you to put him at center, mid-game if things aren't going well.
But Galchenyuk & Gallagher are play sheltered minutes and not at more than 12 mins a game on a good night

I'm not sure I want my best winger, Pacioretty, playing that little...

Old
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Pacioretty doesn't look right to me right now though and I'd try to get that line around 15 minutes per game at ES.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:25 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
I noticed there were a few times, on the forecheck, where he would poke check instead of finishing his hit.

Closed Thread