HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

vCash: 500
What more does Eller need to do to get a chance on a scoring line? Desharnais has been absolutely terrible and is just dragging Pacioretty down with him.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:14 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Blame white
This guy is gonna sit again for awhile...very unfortunate for the team...MT likes the sandpaper, but you have to have the discipline to go with it...not sure what White was thinking to go bonkers on Ott??

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Craig71

After 4-2 we should have been home free, guys have to learn to keep anger in check and win the fight where it really counts. I also have a hard time seeing how that tying goal could count, especially after all the goalie interference calls so far in the league.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
No, I don't think the instigator penalty is ridiculous. As we saw in the previous game against the Sabres, Brandon Prust can put down Ott. He would be cleverer about it and wouldn't risk a 3rd period lead. White's trademark seems to be getting called for 4 minute penalties at unfortunate times.
Actually he's a mutant. And it's hiis superpower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I had a date. It went well. I ain't even mad.
Did you score or get shutout? Hopefully you weren't sent to the penalty box for misconduct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Everyone just trying to outdo each other in their over the top comments about White. Yes he screwed up badly. But a guy was throwing cheap shots at our small captain and White responded. Crossed the line but I love the willingness to defend a teammate.

Therrien's comments were unnecessary. You don't throw a team player under the bus like that... What has his boy Armstrong done in 9 games? 10 Games - 0 goals, 0 points, -1... Great.

Budaj was soft and kept letting the Sabres back in the game. And the non whistle, non goalie interference call at the end was the ultimate cause of the loss.
MT's comments were appropriate given that White screwed up. Hopefully that's enough though. I feel bad for White as he's sticking up for his teammates. Just needs to mature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Im gonna say it once. Everybody will ignore me because we are in dramaqueen mode.

But holy crap do I love our PP. THAT is puck control baby. And holding the zone, even after failed plays.
Our PP is absolutely sick. Markov and PK are great together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
White got suckered into a fight by Ott, who had no intention of fighting. White knew it once he was in the box, by his body language and Michel Therrien knew it too, who tapped White on the back after he got back to the bench. That tells me Michel Therrien understood what White got into and although it was a mistake, it wasn't one that would earn him a bus ride to Hamilton, as some of you suggested last night.

Mistakes happen and young kids like White will learn from them. If you ship them out or send them to Hamilton, they won't learn squat. They need a coach to have confidence in them, and I believe Therrien has that in White.
Exactly. I hope he's in the lineup against the Leafs.

And I hope he doesn't take another 4 minutes for being dumb...

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 02-08-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: qdps
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Put Diaz in and the big dman is Tinordi, IMO that's the plan for next season we're in a transition.
This is probably the plan for next season.

But we were discussing lineup possiblities for THIS season, should we end up with a 7th D-Men with size.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:44 AM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

This hating on White is sad - classic angry, post-loss, I'm gonna call team990 and yell, whiny bi-polar bull.

Do you guys not remember having Weber and Pyatt on our 4th line? Do you not remember Spacek getting his butt pummelled and Pyatt by fkn Campbell?

Take the good with the bad, stop coming up with assertive statements like "I always knew white was a scrub" and accept that when you play with an edge some times it backfires.

Budaj was crap on the last two goals in the shootout. Not that I blame him but christ.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:51 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
This hating on White is sad - classic angry, post-loss, I'm gonna call team990 and yell, whiny bi-polar bull.

Do you guys not remember having Weber and Pyatt on our 4th line? Do you not remember Spacek getting his butt pummelled and Pyatt by fkn Campbell?

Take the good with the bad, stop coming up with assertive statements like "I always knew white was a scrub" and accept that when you play with an edge some times it backfires.

Budaj was crap on the last two goals in the shootout. Not that I blame him but christ.
"Backfiring because you played with edge" is the penalty Armstrong suffered last night. It's the sort of penalty Prust will get.

It is NOT jumping a guy who trolled you. We finally managed to have a comfortable lead. We finally managed to HOLD a lead in this game, and he goes for the boneheaded thing to do.

It wasn't playing on the edge, it was reacting like a bull because you waved a red flag.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:51 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

After being pissed off last night, I decided to sleep on it.
I love what White can bring to the team, I hate what he has been bringing to the team. He has the potential to bring that toughness and grit which our lower line needs. He blew it last night, he blew it the other night which cost us a win as well.

There are growing pains with younger players, maybe this **** up and lots of riding the pine will be a wakeup call that he needs. I don't want to see him around the ice for awhile, but I haven't given completely up on him. The bottom line is he could be expendable and I wouldn't be sorry to see him go if need be. But I would hate to lose that kind of role player niche he fills if we do end up getting rid of him one way or another, unless we can fill that role. White will get another chance, it's up to him what happens, he either gets better or he loses his nhl job

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:04 AM
FeelsLike93

Damn those last two losses sting. Especially because of the fact they were against division rivals.

Could've easily had 4 pts in 2 days but instead only have 1. Just gotta bounce back on Saturday against the leafs beat them and move forward.

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:06 AM

Disapointing loss, I know White will get alot of the blame...and as well he should. But let's not forget that this team was less than 2 seconds away from winning it.

They needed to do a better job of holding that lead, from defending the crease to Budaj doing a better job of freezing the puck, although the blatant goalie interference should of been called.

I'm kind of surprised Gallagher barely saw the ice after his goal...

I'd like to see MT switch things up for Saturday...

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Armstrong

I still think they should show more patience with the 1st line and not break them up right away, but time is running out for Desharnais IMO. Time for him to put a few games together because his wingers depend on him quite a bit.

As for the rest of this lineup, this would allow MT to actually roll 4 lines and not have to shield Galchenyuk's line so often, Galchenyuk and Eller could even swap roles during defensive zone faceoffs and Gionta provides them with a steady veteran (though he's still finding his game so far).

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:11 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
After being pissed off last night, I decided to sleep on it.
I love what White can bring to the team, I hate what he has been bringing to the team. He has the potential to bring that toughness and grit which our lower line needs. He blew it last night, he blew it the other night which cost us a win as well.

There are growing pains with younger players, maybe this **** up and lots of riding the pine will be a wakeup call that he needs. I don't want to see him around the ice for awhile, but I haven't given completely up on him. The bottom line is he could be expendable and I wouldn't be sorry to see him go if need be. But I would hate to lose that kind of role player niche he fills if we do end up getting rid of him one way or another, unless we can fill that role. White will get another chance, it's up to him what happens, he either gets better or he loses his nhl job
I think that sums up my feelings exactly, well said.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Tim Wallach

It's certainly not panic time, but I agree that some tweaks might make sense. No doubt the Gallys have earned more ice time. My only criticism of Brendan is that he seems to be forcing the puck to Prust a bit when he has AGally open. I know he wants to keep the vet happy, but there's far more puck skill on the other side.

And for all the attacks on White and Budaj (rightfully so), my biggest disappointment right now is Cole. His mental compete level is nowhere near where it needs to be. I say "mental" because he's just not putting his head into any plays. He has made some of the lamest passes ever and he's not thinking through his body position or getting set to react to loose pucks. He's a passenger right now.

I'd actually like to see Patches with the kids for some extra minutes. Put Cole with Desharnais and Gio (captain might spark them) and Put Eller with Bourque and Pleks.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:18 AM
AllanMTL46

I'm gonna clear it out of the way right now. The Sabres' tying goal should have obviously been refused. Tim Peel, were you sleeping or something behind that net !?

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
I'm gonna clear it out of the way right now. The Sabres' tying goal should have obviously been refused. Tim Peel, were you sleeping or something behind that net !?
Those are the perils of the beneficial call against Ottawa. That drew so much attention that no ref was going to help us again unless our goalie was stabbed and beaten.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:31 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
White got suckered into a fight by Ott, who had no intention of fighting. White knew it once he was in the box, by his body language and Michel Therrien knew it too, who tapped White on the back after he got back to the bench. That tells me Michel Therrien understood what White got into and although it was a mistake, it wasn't one that would earn him a bus ride to Hamilton, as some of you suggested last night.

Mistakes happen and young kids like White will learn from them. If you ship them out or send them to Hamilton, they won't learn squat. They need a coach to have confidence in them, and I believe Therrien has that in White.
should have heard what MT said after the game, the tone suggest he is on a very short leash.

probably still on rds vid section somewhere.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:37 AM
AllanMTL46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Those are the perils of the beneficial call against Ottawa. That drew so much attention that no ref was going to help us again unless our goalie was stabbed and beaten.
Yep, pretty much it. Dave Stubbs sums it up pretty well:

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
NHL's goalie interference: some players called for letting their shadow fall on goalie; others pretty much get away with murder #Habs

AllanMTL46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:40 AM
llamateizer

Quote:

White will have another chance. bench him for a game or 2.

some MT quoting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Therrien
''Ça fait 3 fois que ça arrive. White n'a pas compris. La 1re fois j'ai discuté avec lui. La 2e fois, on a envoyé un message. La 3e fois... il est mieux de comprendre! ''

Journaliste: "Pourquoi avoir insérer White au sein de la formation ce soir?"
Michel Therrien: "Ce n'est pas ma meilleure décision!"

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You do realize the spectrum of possibilities between "shipped to Hamilton" and "will play next game"?
Agreed. There is no way he goes to Hamilton. He is on a one way and would have to pass waivers. He would get claimed and we'd lose him for nothing. He has no trade value either. He sits up in the press box unless Moen is still hurt. If he plays Saturday, he'll fight with Brown and we will all love him again.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

Agreed. White needs to be reined in a bit, and his strengths harnessed.

If the GM reacts like some fans they will be in the familiar territory of dumping a player and regretting it shortly afterward. Tucker or Lapierre anyone? We need a smart agitator, smooth the edges on White and he'll be a good player.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:44 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
And for all the attacks on White and Budaj (rightfully so), my biggest disappointment right now is Cole. His mental compete level is nowhere near where it needs to be. I say "mental" because he's just not putting his head into any plays. He has made some of the lamest passes ever and he's not thinking through his body position or getting set to react to loose pucks. He's a passenger right now.
Sleep appeased my anger towards White. I didn't have much against Budaj; I consider him as average and he had a better outing than his first game.

But man am I starting to get fed up with Cole. I think pretty much everything has been said about him, and something needs to be done with his case. I don't know what, but the coaches and management definitely know something's wrong and need to address his situation.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:55 AM
beaverBFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Disapointing loss, I know White will get alot of the blame...and as well he should. But let's not forget that this team was less than 2 seconds away from winning it.

They needed to do a better job of holding that lead, from defending the crease to Budaj doing a better job of freezing the puck, although the blatant goalie interference should of been called.

I'm kind of surprised Gallagher barely saw the ice after his goal...

I'd like to see MT switch things up for Saturday...

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Armstrong

I still think they should show more patience with the 1st line and not break them up right away, but time is running out for Desharnais IMO. Time for him to put a few games together because his wingers depend on him quite a bit.

As for the rest of this lineup, this would allow MT to actually roll 4 lines and not have to shield Galchenyuk's line so often, Galchenyuk and Eller could even swap roles during defensive zone faceoffs and Gionta provides them with a steady veteran (though he's still finding his game so far).
Breaking up the most productive line(pleks) and leaving DDs line intact? I don't get the logic here at all.

It's going to be interresting to see how MT deals with this situation. I personally think he's going to sit in the presser for a couple games 3-5 I would think. For the people wanting him run out of town, grow the **** up. We've been saying how we need to be tougher and now you want to get rid of key piece to this toughness for a couple mistakes? He's young he will learn with time. Ott is a veteran and knew exactly what he was doing. Down by 2 late in the third and took advantage of a less experienced player.

beaverBFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:58 AM
FieryBergevin
from the ashes

I was gonna say White fell for the same trick when Ott played in Dallas but that was Greg Stewart who dropped the gloves.

You probably have to go back to the 80's to find a Habs team that played with total discipline from start to finish AND didn't get pushed around. While you're there, pick me up an NES robot + Legend of Zelda plz.

FieryBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:09 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Therrien
''Ça fait 3 fois que ça arrive. White n'a pas compris. La 1re fois j'ai discuté avec lui. La 2e fois, on a envoyé un message. La 3e fois... il est mieux de comprendre! ''

Journaliste: "Pourquoi avoir insérer White au sein de la formation ce soir?"
Michel Therrien: "Ce n'est pas ma meilleure décision!"
Trying being positive, the good news in this is that Eller is safe for at least 5 games.

If Moen is not ready for Sat game, then dress 7D. The message can't be clearer than that.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
****ing White....

It's not his fault, but still...

Better be a great team effort against Toronto.
That was one of the worst penalties I have seen this year, terrible call.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:

White's not going anywhere, I don't think.

The kid plays a great style of hockey - he's just got to make smarter decisions. He'll learn that with some experience. Even if he only plays 10-15 games this year, learning with a player coach like Therrien and them figuring out a way to calm his emotions will be good.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote