HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Flames beat the #1 team in the league in an old school game

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 07:26 PM
flamesfan12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Great game by both teams. Kobasew played a hell of a game and probaly the best game I've ever seen him play. Gotta love the heart of Marty Gelinas. Gets a nasty cut and continues to play his style. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:51 PM
kruezer

Nice win for sure, I was pumped, probably shoulda been studying but hey.

It was nice to see the Flames pull when out when getting outshot and outplayed. Earlier in the year it was the complete opposite. Nice to see they can win both ways. And on the road, and in Philly of all places...I must admit as a fan I was kinda writing this game off and moving on to Boston. Good to see Iginla's gone from cold to 'warm' not quite hot yet, but 5 goals in the last 8 isn't too shabby. He still seems alittle snakebit (I'm looking at the post against Colorado in OT here).

BTW with this win Miika Kiprusoff has past the oft-malinged JS Giguere in wins with the Flames organization with 8. Kipper is 18th on the all-time list

Old
12-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Snap Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Brashear ducking Warrneer was horrible as well. I hate it when he pulls that stuff.
I'm amazed when he DOESN'T pull that stuff.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Great to see that the Flames are finally putting it together. Kiprusoff is playing amazing hockey for them. I wish I'd seen this game, my Dad and I watched the Flames/Avs game last Saturday and were totally caught up in it. Here's hoping that the Flames are here to stay. It's about time they returned to the big dance.

~Canucklehead~