HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks 6 - Coyotes 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 04:36 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

vCash: 500
It is amazing to me to see so many guys making the sacrifice and going to the net without the puck which is opening up the offense 4 fold! And save for the game or 2 where we were a little tired it is like we have the puck ALL THE TIME!

Who is this team?? I have (had) concerns about G and toughness on the blue line but it is like they are unbeatable! Their stars are playing like stars every night, Q has got the pulse of this team on and off the ice....I wanted 6 points out of this trip but am just in awe of this team...heck just go to Nashville and beat the Preds why don't ya!?

Old
02-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

great way to start your day seeing the Hawks take advantage of their 3rd home game this year and dominate the Yotes.
Smith shows how good he really is. In the POs, he stopped about 3 of our goals.
It really is great to see that Tippetts system doesn't work when missing 2 regular D

Old
02-08-2013, 06:46 AM
ChiGuySez
2013 SC Champions

Blackhawks style. JK.

Wow, this win was superb on so many levels. Just pick 'em.

Continuing the run of undefeated regular season wins. Redemption for Hossa. Redemption for the team. Redemption for Phoenix owning the Hawks over last year. Emery showing last start was no fluke. The team has come together. Everyone knew they were good. Even impressive over the run with some luck thrown in but scraping by on 1 or 2 goal wins. But destroying Phoenix in their house couldnt feel sweeter. Great showing.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Doesn't matter where the team is located, the players are still the same, so your logic makes no sense on that one.

And really, can you really support that diving call? Give me a break. I laugh that you highlighted that out.

Be careful, it's a long season. Don't expend all your energy so early. Making the playoffs is 1 thing, but going all the way is another.

*cue "you've never been there"*
That was a total dive. How does tapping you on the hands make you flop like JFK getting shot? I bet Tipp coached them into trying anything to get a penalty as they will try to play even up....the refs.

I don't care where that team is located. Doan has been so overrated and is nothing but a whiny *****. All he does is flap his jaws and take penalties. Enjoy that contract!

Old
02-08-2013, 07:41 AM
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
That was a total dive. How does tapping you on the hands make you flop like JFK getting shot? I bet Tipp coached them into trying anything to get a penalty as they will try to play even up....the refs.

I don't care where that team is located. Doan has been so overrated and is nothing but a whiny *****. All he does is flap his jaws and take penalties. Enjoy that contract!
agree totally. the coyotes dive constantly...you saw it all through the playoffs last year.

i also agree about doan...he's a whiner and a cheap shot artist. he also had to issue an apology (after getting sued) for making a slur against the quebecois...nice guy, huh.

i hope the players are all enjoying the constant ownership uncertainty in phoenix. couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of guys.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:49 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
I believe Shaw got an assist on Stalberg's goal
As I said after the previous game, if the 3rd line continues to play like this we are laughing.

I think the Coyotes announcers hit the nail on the head when they repeatedly said the Hawks discipline was one their biggest assets. The officials are calling the little hooks and interference very closely, which works great for the skilled teams in this league.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:51 AM
mintsauce

Send a message via MSN to mintsauce
I was amazed at how many Hawks fans were at the game! Take them out and it would have looked pretty empty in there.

Ah well, they probably don't much time left in Phoenix anyway.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:03 AM
BobbyJet

Nothing like a laugher to keep things loose and the confidence high.

On a more sombre note. This is not the first game that we have seen the opps team not show up. That's okay but can't get cocky about such an easy win.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:32 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

A fine win for the Hawks. Good to see us completely bury that aura of invincibility that Smith had on us last year. To go along with the fact that he pathetically flopped like a little sissy last year, the Hawks now know him to be completely beatable.

Finally, I'm glad I don't have to watch the closeups of Doan anymore, with his fat tongue sticking out of his mouth and constantly moving around his lips. Annoying.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Illinihockey

Great win. Is this team special? I love that all 4 lines are dangerous. I know there is going to be a stretch where we lose 3 games in a row or 4 out of 5 but man this is fun right now. Kruger and Leddy have really grown up, Shaw continues to build on his great season last year. Wonder what we do when Carcillo comes back.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:35 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Great win. Is this team special? I love that all 4 lines are dangerous. I know there is going to be a stretch where we lose 3 games in a row or 4 out of 5 but man this is fun right now. Kruger and Leddy have really grown up, Shaw continues to build on his great season last year. Wonder what we do when Carcillo comes back.
He's going to have to fight for playing time, too many guys playing well. Agreed there will be some speed bumps, for now just pile up as many points as we can so we can weather the storm.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

The Hawks played like this almost all year in 2010. Every playoff run is different.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

What a great game! All around solid performance from just about everyone. What a team we have!

Old
02-08-2013, 09:37 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Like I said, teams lay an egg every now and then. We have gained a point at minimum in the past 5 games before last night. No training camp and no preseason has it's toll on teams, and obviously it has shown. Skilled teams are going to be better than teams that require cohesion and a certain style of play. Our ability to complain to the refs doesn't help. The fact that Dave called out Doan and Yandle(our 2 leaders) in the post game is a testament that he is holding players on this team accountable. Enjoy the run though. I'd prefer something that you guys are on right now while entering the playoffs and into it. Just like the Kings last year.
The Coyotes are a pretty good team and I expect them to be in the playoff race all year and probably make it. I'd love to see a rematch in the 1st round.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:40 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Speaking of Yandle, are you Yandle? Couldnt be b/c you were at the game. Id be pissed too if I dropped my hard earned bucks to see a meltdown like that.
Actually I was at the game. I've been to 4 of the 8 home games so far. But thanks for thinking I was a terrible Coyote fan that never shows up to support them. I'm more pissed at the comment I heard in line waiting to enter the arena by a Blackhawks fan living in the area than I am about the game. You can't win every game, and crap games are going to happen. The penalties for jawing at the refs are 2nd in line behind the comments while standing in line. I have nowhere stated anything about the lack of skill by the Blackhawks. That doesn't exist.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
Actually I was at the game. I've been to 4 of the 8 home games so far. But thanks for thinking I was a terrible Coyote fan that never shows up to support them. I'm more pissed at the comment I heard in line waiting to enter the arena by a Blackhawks fan living in the area than I am about the game. You can't win every game, and crap games are going to happen. The penalties for jawing at the refs are 2nd in line behind the comments while standing in line. I have nowhere stated anything about the lack of skill by the Blackhawks. That doesn't exist.
Read his comment again, he's making fun of Yandle saying he didn't show up, but you did.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:03 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Read his comment again, he's making fun of Yandle saying he didn't show up, but you did.
Yandle hasn't showed up for quite a few games. There are quite a few of us that have wanted him to be a healthy scratch because he is not performing.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:10 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
He's going to have to fight for playing time, too many guys playing well. Agreed there will be some speed bumps, for now just pile up as many points as we can so we can weather the storm.
I don't really think he'll have to fight Mayers or Bollig for playing time...not that either one of those guys is playing exceptionally bad...Carcillo just brings more to the table than they do.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
I don't really think he'll have to fight Mayers or Bollig for playing time...not that either one of those guys is playing exceptionally bad...Carcillo just brings more to the table than they do.
Not Bollig but if it comes down to Mayers or Carcillo, it's a tough call. I agree Carcillo brings more than him though. And like we've talked about before, Mayers needs rest to hold up all year anyway.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Carcillo-Shaw-Stalberg
Bickell-Kruger-Frolik

I think that's the best lineup we can throw on the ice presently.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvrbullet87 View Post
I have a problem with calling both a hook and a dive on the same play. Either he embellished and it wasn't a hook, or it was a hook and therefore not a dive.
Think harder.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:29 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Carcillo-Shaw-Stalberg
Bickell-Kruger-Frolik

I think that's the best lineup we can throw on the ice presently.
Disagree, Bickell has solidified a spot on the third line, Carcillo goes to the 4th.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

Kruger definitely hooked him, but he purposefully let his legs buckle to try and sell the call in case the ref did not see it. It was a great piece of officiating.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
Kruger definitely hooked him, but he purposefully let his legs buckle to try and sell the call in case the ref did not see it. It was a great piece of officiating.
He threw his head back!

Old
02-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He threw his head back!
Smith taught him well.

Closed Thread