HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban's play since coming back

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Montreal Shadow

vCash: 500
Subban's play since coming back

He's been really good for the team. I only have two complaints so far:

1. The dangles when entering the offensive zone. He should play with the puck less, especially when there's no one covering him. I noticed the puck slipped from his stick a couple of times when he tried it. Still, nothing costly.

2. Inaccurate slapshot. Sure, it's gotta be one of the heaviest around but it always goes wide. I'd rather see him with a weaker shot that hits the net. That way a player could get inside for a quick rebound. Kinda like Markov does.

Aside from that, nothing to add. He's been tremendous in my opinion. Excellent in his own zone. Probably our best or at least 2nd best PK'er. Now when on the PP, he doesn't try to carry the offense by himself, makes the smart play and passes to a teammate who isn't being covered by an opposing player. Also noticed he caught a lot of clearing attempts on the PP and kept the puck in the offensive zone. He cut down the stupid penalties for now and it seems he dropped the yapping a notch.

Very satisfied with his play so far.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:48 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
He's been really good for the team. I only have two complaints so far:

1. The dangles when entering the offensive zone. He should play with the puck less, especially when there's no one covering him. I noticed the puck slipped from his stick a couple of times when he tried it. Still, nothing costly.

2. Inaccurate slapshot. Sure, it's gotta be one of the heaviest around but it always goes wide. I'd rather see him with a weaker shot that hits the net. That way a player could get inside for a quick rebound. Kinda like Markov does.

Aside from that, nothing to add. He's been tremendous in my opinion. Excellent in his own zone. Probably our best or at least 2nd best PK'er. Now when on the PP, he doesn't try to carry the offense by himself, makes the smart play and passes to a teammate who isn't being covered by an opposing player. Also noticed he caught a lot of clearing attempts on the PP and kept the puck in the offensive zone. He cut down the stupid penalties for now and it seems he dropped the yapping a notch.

Very satisfied with his play so far.
good news is, you can clearly see him on PP trying hard not to wind up too much, will take time to get rid of this bad habit but at least he's trying.

You can also see him try to be more patient when playing with Markov on PP, good news again as he's trying to adjust to his partner, wich I think is a form of respect he seems to have for #79.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:51 AM
otto bond

I like it...also looks like he's trying to be a good teamate.3pts in 3 game, offensivly doing good.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:52 AM
habdynasty

He is the complete package, great vision, great skater, heavy shot. Imagine P.K. In 5 years he will be a dominant player.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:53 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

He is hungry, he is motivated, and most of all he has been adaptable to the new system and new team mindset. You can't ask for much more from any player than that

Old
02-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Nobody's perfect. He's come back well given the long layoff and lack of training camp. Unlike a lot of others, I don't necessarily think missing the net is a sin, not when you're going for the hard to stop areas of the net.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:16 AM
NotProkofievian

I thought he was good for his first couple games, but the last couple games he's made some excellent plays. I thought he was our best dman last night.

I'm very excited to see Markov and Subban together on the PP. I really hope we get to see Galchenyuk as a fixture on that right wing with Markov and Subban on the points next season.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:17 AM
BLONG7

So far, so good...he will only get better as the games go on...glad to have him and Markov in the lineup at the same time!!

Old
02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Playing like baws despite the bs going around bout him.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Well at least 3 of his shots from the past 4 games found their way to the net & resulted in goals. So I'd say his accuracy is improving.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Probably our best or at least 2nd best PK'er
And yet he played a mere 56 seconds on it yesterday.

Why this coaching staff seemingly does not trust Subban in high leverage defensive situations right now, I'll never know.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:43 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Why this coaching staff seemingly does not trust Subban in high leverage defensive situations right now, I'll never know.
Too lazy...undisciplined...unwilling to play a team game...locker-room cancer? Would you like me to go on? I've got sources to back me up...

lol

Old
02-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
I find the main problem when he rushes is that his teammates don't really know how to react and support him so it kind of just becomes 1 vs 5 with them standing around watching, where they lose their speed in the nuetral zone and can't follow to the net or corner, or don't know where to be for a give-and-go. . Markov can rush also to gain the zone but is better at using speeds and maneuvers to create simple plays to use teammates once he crosses blue line. I think PK will improve this aspect on his end with experience but I also think the coaches should work out 2-3 set plays so everyone is on the same page on how to react when PK goes on a rush so it can be a more consistent offensive tool.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Too lazy...undisciplined...unwilling to play a team game...locker-room cancer? Would you like me to go on? I've got sources to back me up...

lol
Don't forget his total disdain for towels. Complete jerk.

lolderpderpderp

Old
02-08-2013, 10:09 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post

lol
Is that you PJ? We like PK better anyways!

Old
02-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Dharvey33

I know Therrien wants to protect Subban and give him favorable minutes but he needs to realize and quick that he is our best overall dman out there in front of Markov yes. Him and Gorges should get 1st pairing pk and they should have been on the ice for the last minute yesterday.

Subban is playing terrific in his own zone just like last year and he makes a lot of plays.

Safe to say since he is back he's the best dman on the team.

I like Markov but at the end of the day he is injury prone and 35 it's him who should be more protected than Subban. You can throw Subban in the arena and let him handle himself he's been doing that since he is in the nhl and he's been doing a pretty good job.

The pairs should be
Subban Gorges 1st pair
Markov Emelin 2nd pair
Bouillon Diaz

Old
02-08-2013, 11:07 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

He's doing good. He needs to play more like Markov tho and pass it more instead of keeping the puck for too long. Rushing trough center ice with the puck is impressive but ultimately useless most of the time. Its also time wasting on the PP.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

I don't understand how Diaz has suddenly become a shutdown D on the top PK pairing. Don't get it.
PK is a better PK player than even Gorges imo. But in any event, he's at the very least top 2 on our team.

PK is currently 6th among our Ds for avg ice time per ice. I really don't understand this.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
He's doing good. He needs to play more like Markov tho and pass it more instead of keeping the puck for too long. Rushing trough center ice with the puck is impressive but ultimately useless most of the time. Its also time wasting on the PP.
No he doesn't. Markov and PK are too different styles. PK rushing the puck is great, and it isn't useless.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:10 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

with Price, easly our best players on the ice.
Considering he didn't have a training camp, and didn't play a game since last season, nor really practiced with others, he's doing a+

Old
02-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't understand how Diaz has suddenly become a shutdown D on the top PK pairing. Don't get it.
PK is a better PK player than even Gorges imo. But in any event, he's at the very least top 2 on our team.

PK is currently 6th among our Ds for avg ice time per ice. I really don't understand this.
Very puzzling...

Old
02-08-2013, 11:19 AM
x-bob

There's only one problem I have with Subban's play. He doesn't move his feet enough on the powerplay. It's not rare to see him receive a pass, remain completely stationnary, wind for the big slapshot and abandon once he realises that it won't work.

Regardless, he has been able to put up the points on the PP so no real complaints.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

My guess is that MT is slowly integrating PK into the system. Obviously he never really needed to be integrated, but he'll end up eating most toi/g in no time.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:22 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
I know Therrien wants to protect Subban and give him favorable minutes but he needs to realize and quick that he is our best overall dman out there in front of Markov yes. Him and Gorges should get 1st pairing pk and they should have been on the ice for the last minute yesterday.

Subban is playing terrific in his own zone just like last year and he makes a lot of plays.

Safe to say since he is back he's the best dman on the team.

I like Markov but at the end of the day he is injury prone and 35 it's him who should be more protected than Subban. You can throw Subban in the arena and let him handle himself he's been doing that since he is in the nhl and he's been doing a pretty good job.

The pairs should be
Subban Gorges 1st pair
Markov Emelin 2nd pair
Bouillon Diaz

Old
02-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Markov has been average since Pk has been back he made so mistakes PK plays with more intensity and he's at the very worst our 2nd best dman in the team.

Diaz Gorges emelin have been playing good but Subban is better than them no question

Closed Thread