HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 10:14 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If we do a trade with Colorado, i want O'Reilly.

I would trade either DD or Eller with a pick for him. He would help us on faceoffs too. He would be a logical target for us.
Could we conceive a package that gives us Zanon/Hunwick/O'Bryne with O'reilly

Possibly:
Eller/DD
2nd Rounder
Weber

O'Reilly
Zanon
low pick?

Thoughts?

Old
02-07-2013, 10:41 PM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post

Possibly:
Eller/DD
2nd Rounder
Weber

O'Reilly
Zanon
low pick?

Thoughts?
I would love something around DD/Diaz plus 3rd pick for ROR. Dought they bite.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:38 AM
Mats86

Quote:

Possibly:
Eller/DD
2nd Rounder
Weber

O'Reilly
Zanon
low pick?

Thoughts?
I thought everybody agreed after McDonogh and John Carlson we were NOT going to trade high draft choices away from Timmins?

Old
02-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I thought everybody agreed after McDonogh and John Carlson we were NOT going to trade high draft choices away from Timmins?
We've got three 2nd round picks I'm not worried about trading one of those especially since that pick will probably never be as good as o'reilly.

Also both Ryan mcdonagh and Carlson were picked in the first round.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Boston just keeps getting the picks and Thomas has seen his best years already,let's hope the NYI's make the playoffs this year.Apparently the NYI's did the trade for a 2nd in 2014 or 2015,to make the salary cap floor.Why doesn't 2nd round picks fall to the Habs that easily.
They got 2 for Gill and AK46.

Boston won't get a pick in that deal, Thomas isn't reporting.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I would do Kaberle for Zanon in a heartbeat. Not sure if Avs fans would. Not because Zanon's been great this year (I hear he hasn't been) but more because of the contracts.
No interest in Hunwick, he's awful and more of what we already have.
Done. Zanon regularly gets outskated by the refs. No, seriously. He is probably in the same speed category as Hal Gill. Cap space isn't an issue, except for the fact the Avs ownership may not want to pay more.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:19 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
They got 2 for Gill and AK46.

Boston won't get a pick in that deal, Thomas isn't reporting.
His agent says otherwise,his intentions are to play next season.Giving Boston a 2nd in 2014 or 2015 at NYI's choice,plus Boston gets Thomas off their books giving them the salary cap space to look for someone right away says Chiarelli.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:19 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Done. Zanon regularly gets outskated by the refs. No, seriously. He is probably in the same speed category as Hal Gill. Cap space isn't an issue, except for the fact the Avs ownership may not want to pay more.
I don't see Zanon fitting on the Habs roster. If anything, ROR is the obvious interest.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I don't see Zanon fitting on the Habs roster. If anything, ROR is the obvious interest.
Well, ROR is a pretty obvious interest for most teams...

There has been a lot of talk out of some media guys that there could be a significant bidding war for ROR. Any move for him would probably be highly, even ridiculously expensive.

I suspect the price of a ROR sign-and-trade will be similar to that of Jordan Staal last summer, if not higher.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
NYR Viper

Would the Habs be interested in re-uniting Boyle with Prust? Boyle may be available, would give the Habs a lot more size and grit in the bottom-6, plus a very good PKer and face-off guy. Any ideas?

Old
02-08-2013, 08:43 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Well, ROR is a pretty obvious interest for most teams...

There has been a lot of talk out of some media guys that there could be a significant bidding war for ROR. Any move for him would probably be highly, even ridiculously expensive.

I suspect the price of a ROR sign-and-trade will be similar to that of Jordan Staal last summer, if not higher.
The way I see it, it's what ROR wants money wise that make or brake any deals for him. I'm sure that there are some team willing to deal....after the season. Its Looking like he will get dealt come the Draft.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
The way I see it, it's what ROR wants money wise that make or brake any deals for him. I'm sure that there are some team willing to deal....after the season. Its Looking like he will get dealt come the Draft.
Word has been for a while that he'd probably take 4-4.5. I think the Avs have offered 3.5 and refuse to move. The Avs have always been extremely hard-line negotiators, and there's a long list of players that have left the team over the years (namely Chris drury, Alex Tanguay, and Peter Forsberg) because of this stance.

I'd imagine any move made would be one that involved a sign and trade. ROR rights are held by Colorado for quite a long time, so they can sit on him as an asset. There's no reason to get less than optimal value by just trading his rights.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
Transaction with Colorado:

Kaberle for Zanon or Hunwick

Defensemans Colorado statistic total: 0 goal - 7 assists in 60 games(less than diaz alone ) and they are 28th in PP. So Kaberle could be a great addition for them.

Hunwick or Zanon will fit our need for a 7th-8th defensive defenseman. Usefull depth for the playoff. If good can stay an other year, if bad can be buyout(lesser than Kaberle). Will also give better chances for Yannick Weber to play if our offensive defensemans are injured.

Kaberle, Zanon and Hunwick still have two more years on their contract.
Kaberle at 4.25M$, Zanon at 2.25M$ and Hunwick at 1.6M$.

I think it will be an upgrade for both team. Colorado receive a valuable player for their PP and we improve our depth and cap space.
This would be a logical deal only from Habs POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If we do a trade with Colorado, i want O'Reilly.

I would trade either DD or Eller with a pick for him. He would help us on faceoffs too. He would be a logical target for us.
Avs would ask for Gorges and Eller for Radar plus something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I would do Kaberle for Zanon in a heartbeat. Not sure if Avs fans would. Not because Zanon's been great this year (I hear he hasn't been) but more because of the contracts.
No interest in Hunwick, he's awful and more of what we already have.
Hunwick's been terrible and even with that in mind he's been at least 100 times better than Zanon.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Would the Habs be interested in re-uniting Boyle with Prust? Boyle may be available, would give the Habs a lot more size and grit in the bottom-6, plus a very good PKer and face-off guy. Any ideas?
Possibly.

It all depends on what the cost is. The habs need someone who can actually win faceoffs. I like how Boyle seems to want to hit anything and everything.

What are the Rangers looking for ? Montreal doesn't have any available top 4 d, or even a number 5, as I doubt you'd want Bouillon. Kaberle and Weber suck.

As for Forwards the ones who would be available, don't equal Boyle and those that do, aren't really available.

Unless Rangers are somewhat interested in Eller.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:56 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Possibly.

It all depends on what the cost is. The habs need someone who can actually win faceoffs. I like how Boyle seems to want to hit anything and everything.

What are the Rangers looking for ? Montreal doesn't have any available top 4 d, or even a number 5, as I doubt you'd want Bouillon. Kaberle and Weber suck.

As for Forwards the ones who would be available, don't equal Boyle and those that do, aren't really available.

Unless Rangers are somewhat interested in Eller.
I could see them being interested in Eller. What about Tinordi +?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Maybe for White even up?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
I made a thread on the trade board but there isn't much of a response so I'll ask here.

I think the habs should move Gio to fill needs on our roster. I think he could net a good return, especially if we retain 1-1.5 of his cap hit. Gio at 3.5-4 is very attractive for a team looking for leadership and speed. Some posters have talked about how Gio doesn't fit in with MT's forecheck, and I've noticed he's getting very predictable and having a case of tunnel vision. I think moving him for a decent return would in the long run would prove better for us than to hang onto him, especially with Gallagher, Galchenyuk,etc getting in the lineup, making Gionta rendundant by the end of his contract.

I really like Gio as a player and Captain, and I understand that we would need to see what he could get but do you think what I am suggesting is plausible/a good move?
Saw your thread, didn't reply as in my opinion, it's non-sense.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:06 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Maybe for White even up?
The Rangers would be moving Boyle because they have too many NHL forwards. Prospect + pick? Pick? #5/6 solid NHL defenseman who can grow with the team. That's what would interest the Rangers IMO.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:08 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Boyle for Tinordi+? This is not going to end well...

Boyle would be our 4th line center. We might be interested but I wouldn't give more than a 2nd round pick (or equivalent asset).

Weber and 3rd for Ellerby and Clemmensen (Budaj on waivers)?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Tinordi is the only type of dman like that the habs have... In the system... At all.

Tinordi is very valuable to the habs. Let's just say, you don't traded 6'6, mobile dman with a bit of a mean streak away before you test them out yourself. He's projected to be a part of the habs core in the future.

Old
No Team Needed

Quote:
The Rangers would be moving Boyle because they have too many NHL forwards. Prospect + pick? Pick? #5/6 solid NHL defenseman who can grow with the team. That's what would interest the Rangers IMO.
In that case, your interest would lie in Darren Dietz or Greg Pateryn.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Boyle for Tinordi+? This is not going to end well...

Boyle would be our 4th line center. We might be interested but I wouldn't give more than a 2nd round pick (or equivalent asset).

Weber and 3rd for Ellerby and Clemmensen (Budaj on waivers)?
I was trying to figure out what prospects might be available. If Tinordi is not, I apologize, not trying to start a flaming war, just gauging interest is all.

Would Eller be fair?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:13 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
I was trying to figure out what prospects might be available. If Tinordi is not, I apologize, not trying to start a flaming war, just gauging interest is all.

Would Eller be fair?
Not really. His value is low right now due to inconsistency but he's still young and was a solid third line center last season. Despite fourth line play the last few games he still plays on the PP2 and PK2.

Trades like Eller/Boyle would be looked upon a lot like Russ Courtnall for John Kordic.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
In that case, your interest would lie in Darren Dietz or Greg Pateryn.
No thanks, what about Collberg?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:16 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Not really. His value is low right now due to inconsistency but he's still young and was a solid third line center last season. Despite fourth line play the last few games he still plays on the PP2 and PK2.

Trades like Eller/Boyle would be looked upon a lot like Russ Courtnall for John Kordic.
Alright, what about Thrower?

Closed Thread