HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeny Kuznetsov to Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 09:17 AM
  #26
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
But your comment was as ignorant as saying EDM would not trade Klefbom to WSH unless one of Backstrom and Alzner are coming back.



Yes because it would really make sense to trade one of EDM's top liners each of which is good enough to challenge for team Canada olympic team for a very good prospect who might never play for EDM ..
The point of OP was that EDM is still rebuilding while WSH might want to push for playoffs this year and make some trades. A rebuilding team would not move a key core player.
UMMM ... its pretty evident Washington can't make a push for the play-offs. They won't be in it. Why trade its stud prospect(s) for spare parts that really don't help the current product? It's the same recycled crap in every deal. This is a kid Washington build with, not trades for garbage.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:22 AM
  #27
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Who on Edmonton, excluding the "untouchable" players, would make a terrible team into a playoff team?
Darcy Hordichuk, Ben Eager, and Corey Potter.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:22 AM
  #28
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Who else on Edmonton's roster tempts the worst team in the NHL to trade their best prospect?
No idea what WSH wants...

Offense:
Hemsky has as many goals as anyone on WSH and is tied with Ovy in points ..
Gagner is on a 10 game pt streak

Bottom 6:
Paajarvi flies around, kills penalties and is very good defensively...
Hartikainen great along the boards, gritty and plants himself in front of the net on PP..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:24 AM
  #29
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country
 
Oscar Acosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Who else on Edmonton's roster tempts the worst team in the NHL to trade their best prospect?
Not saying there is anyone, but expecting elite prospects or NHL allstars in return is where the problem lies.

Oscar Acosta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:25 AM
  #30
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
UMMM ... its pretty evident Washington can't make a push for the play-offs. They won't be in it. Why trade its stud prospect(s) for spare parts that really don't help the current product? It's the same recycled crap in every deal. This is a kid Washington build with, not trades for garbage.
yah if they give up on the season then there is no need to make a deal

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:26 AM
  #31
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,802
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Not saying there is anyone, but expecting elite prospects or NHL allstars in return is where the problem lies.
Kuznetsov is absolutely an elite prospect in every sense of the word.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:26 AM
  #32
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
yah if they give up on the season then there is no need to make a deal
There is no reason to make this deal even if they aren't giving up on the season. There is no value coming back, just spare parts.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:27 AM
  #33
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
Oh look, another thread where the Oilers want a top 6 forward/top 4 D or a top prospect but refuse to give up one of the big 4. Oilers fans . Your scraps and garbage won't net you a top prospect like that

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:32 AM
  #34
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Caps don't trade Kuznetsov unless one of RNH, Hall, Yakupov, or Eberle are coming back. End of story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
How is speaking the truth ignorant?
'As a fan I hope Caps don't trade Kuznetsov unless one of RNH, Hall, Yakupov, or Eberle are coming back' = not ignorant and an excellent post.

orignal comment not so excellent and a bit infurirating to fans in EDM.

Anyways I dont expect anything to change around here and every proposal involving EDM will continue to end at 'one of the big 5 or nothing'

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:33 AM
  #35
Zoidberg Jesus
Chokers Unite!
 
Zoidberg Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 2,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Not saying there is anyone, but expecting elite prospects or NHL allstars in return is where the problem lies.
It's not like we're actively shopping him. The OP isn't a Caps fan. The "value" being discussed here is what's necessary for the Caps to give up Kuznetsov, and as a consensus top 5 prospect in the world in an organization that desperately needs him, that value is going to be pretty damn high.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:33 AM
  #36
Brave Sir Robin
Registered User
 
Brave Sir Robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
This trade trade makes no sense, no matter how you look at it.

Kuznetsov is not a center. He is a RW. Oilers already have 2 top 6 RW and therefore don't need Kuznetsov.

Caps won't trade their top prospect for futures or Oliers spare parts.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:34 AM
  #37
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,113
vCash: 500
No way. Kuznetsov is going to come. But until he signs his contract, his value is too low to even think about trading him. Talk about selling low.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:35 AM
  #38
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country
 
Oscar Acosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Kuznetsov is absolutely an elite prospect in every sense of the word.
But not a Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle is the point.

Regardless, the topic is moot as it'll never happen. Doesn't work for either team.

Oscar Acosta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
  #39
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Not saying there is anyone, but expecting elite prospects or NHL allstars in return is where the problem lies.
I didn't say Edmonton would trade those players for Kuznetsov. I said the Capitals wouldn't trade Kuznetsov for anyone on Edmonton aside of those players. Not difficult to understand.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:36 AM
  #40
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
There is no reason to make this deal even if they aren't giving up on the season. There is no value coming back, just spare parts.
sure... only if you agree that everyone outside of Crosby, Malkin, Letang and Neal are spare parts in PIT.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:42 AM
  #41
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!
 
Mr Tarkanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 554
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
How is speaking the truth ignorant?
How is that the truth is anyway ??

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:45 AM
  #42
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Oh look, another thread where the Oilers want a top 6 forward/top 4 D or a top prospect but refuse to give up one of the big 4. Oilers fans . Your scraps and garbage won't net you a top prospect like that
To WSH: PK Subban
To MTL: Kuznetsov

dont like it? GTHO...

edit: censored

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:47 AM
  #43
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
The tier of the young players is where the difference is. It'd be like the Oilers wanting Erik Karlsson in exchange for Oskar Klefbom. Both young defensemen right?
Wrong. The player asked for is as good as Edmonton's young guns. Kuznetsov outplayed Tarasenko and Yakupov in the last WJC he played and has shown nothing, other than a desire to come over in two years, to suggest he isn't in their class.

But hey Gagne, Teubert , and a 2nd should get it done right Edmonton fans.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:48 AM
  #44
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
sure... only if you agree that everyone outside of Crosby, Malkin, Letang and Neal are spare parts in PIT.
Kunitz isn't a spare part; Dupuis isn't a spare part; Sutter isn't a spare part; Orpik isn't a spare part; Despres isn't a spare part; Fleury isn't a spare part.

It's idiotic to even suggest Washington trades its prime prospect to Edmonton for non factors - the same recycled names we have all grown accustomed to - regardless if they are or aren't in the play-off chase.

So, if the roles were reversed; Edmonton got off to the ****** season and Washington called. Hey, if you want to make a push for the play-offs - how about we give you Erskine, Hendricks, Beagle, Crabb and Hamerlick and you give us Yakupov, if he was down in the OHL or AHL, would you do that? That is exactly what the OP suggested, but reversed.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:52 AM
  #45
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!
 
Mr Tarkanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 554
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Wrong. The player asked for is as good as Edmonton's young guns. Kuznetsov outplayed Tarasenko and Yakupov in the last WJC he played and has shown nothing, other than a desire to come over in two years, to suggest he isn't in their class.

But hey Gagne, Teubert , and a 2nd should get it done right Edmonton fans.
Kuznetsov nowhere near the class of Eberle, Hall or RNH i suppose you could argue he is in the same class as Yakupov but without seeing him in the NHL its tough to say, putting up good numbers in the KHL is good but not a window of how he will do in the NHL (see Tim Stapleton) I'm not saying GAGNER, Teubert and a second is even close but neither is asking for any of the young guys for a guy who has proved nothing in the NHL which is a different style of hockey than the KHL. When he comes over here and starts lighting it up then we can re visit.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:54 AM
  #46
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,287
vCash: 500
So, Washington has no reason to deal him if you won't give up anything of value.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:56 AM
  #47
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!
 
Mr Tarkanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 554
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, Washington has no reason to deal him if you won't give up anything of value.
Yep Gagner, Hemsky, Hartikainen, Paajarvi, Smid, N.Schultz and Petry have no value at all not saying it would get us Kuznetsov but damn the under valuing of Oiler players on HF is brutal and most of it comes from people who dont even watch there games.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:57 AM
  #48
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,116
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Kuznetsov nowhere near the class of Eberle, Hall or RNH i suppose you could argue he is in the same class as Yakupov but without seeing him in the NHL its tough to say, putting up good numbers in the KHL is good but not a window of how he will do in the NHL (see Tim Stapleton) I'm not saying GAGNER, Teubert and a second is even close but neither is asking for any of the young guys for a guy who has proved nothing in the NHL which is a different style of hockey than the KHL. When he comes over here and starts lighting it up then we can re visit.
Cool so Wash can keep Kuz and you guys can keep your spare parts/ injury prone players.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:00 AM
  #49
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!
 
Mr Tarkanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 554
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Cool so Wash can keep Kuz and you guys can keep your spare parts/ injury prone players.
Yep have fun watching Kuznetsov in 2-3 years (maybe) and Oil fans will enjoy watching Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yak and Schultz right now.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:14 AM
  #50
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Kunitz isn't a spare part; Dupuis isn't a spare part; Sutter isn't a spare part; Orpik isn't a spare part; Despres isn't a spare part; Fleury isn't a spare part.It's idiotic to even suggest Washington trades its prime prospect to Edmonton for non factors - the same recycled names we have all grown accustomed to - regardless if they are or aren't in the play-off chase.

So, if the roles were reversed; Edmonton got off to the ****** season and Washington called. Hey, if you want to make a push for the play-offs - how about we give you Erskine, Hendricks, Beagle, Crabb and Hamerlick and you give us Yakupov, if he was down in the OHL or AHL, would you do that? That is exactly what the OP suggested, but reversed.
keep telling yourself that... It is as 'idiotic' to claim that guys like Smid, Petry, Hemsky, Gagner etc are spare parts\non-factors.

And comparing Kuznetsov to Yakupov is not fair... If EDM was looking to make the playoffs and WSH calls asking for Klefbom (our top prospect not in NHL) for NHLers who we might help then EDM might consider.. Yakupov is already in NHL and producing.. No one on WSH (and strangely enough in PIT) has more goals than him.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.