Notices

Cap Space Moves...

Old
02-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Paddington

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Bruins do not have to give up any roster players to add type player like Iginla.They are in position of power not flames.They might lose him for nothing they do not move him,and I am pretty sure they do not want give him new deal at his age,If they do they crazy.
I get what you're saying and that's the angle I play if I'm Chia. Looking at it from the Flames' perspective though, Iginla has been the heart and soul of that team for so long that Jay Feester (AKA Dave Hester from Storage Wars) is going to want to get something more than a bottom 5 pick and prospect, of which, I'm going to guess Subban is the one they most covet. Then again, maybe they throw him a bone for his years of service and send him to a contender of his choice for little in return.

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:01 AM
22Brad Park

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
I get what you're saying and that's the angle I play if I'm Chia. Looking at it from the Flames' perspective though, Iginla has been the heart and soul of that team for so long that Jay Feester (AKA Dave Hester from Storage Wars) is going to want to get something more than a bottom 5 pick and prospect, of which, I'm going to guess Subban is the one they most covet. Then again, maybe they throw him a bone for his years of service and send him to a contender of his choice for little in return.
If I am the Bruins I would not move Subban.He gives them stability in goal area for yrs to come.At very least takes away the worry of filling pipeline there for little while.He might not work out who knows,Thats fair to say.But back to Iginla.He makles most sence cause Bruins need that extra money in off season to keep guys like Rask.This should be very interesting ,but if Flames try to rob them,just walk away and let them sit with his salary and prospect he may walk away and they get nothing.Flames have to move him unless he signs for way way less.Bruins I am sure will check all options.I know they love Bobby Ryan but he locked in on sweet deal.Well 5.5 till 14/15 ,,here send u link u go over the slaries and see u spot another good option, http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/CGY?year=2013

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:01 AM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Will the Bruins even do anything this year?

We have 2 players we need to consider resigning - Rask and Horton. Depending upon how they will do this year we need/ed Thomas's 5 mil to go towards re-signing both of them. I think we can all agree resigning Rask & giving him more $ (most likely) and a longer deal is in the plans and important. He is at 3.5 mil and will be looking for a raise I'm sure. I can see Rask getting 5 mil or close to that with his next contract? Horton will be looking for more $ too obviously, but how much is really dependent on how well he does this year. I think the B's will resign Horton. The players and team seem to really like him. Then we have Ference who I feel like Chiarelli loves and will probably want to resign as well, even though I wouldn't mind seeing him walk for the price he is currently paid.

So, I think like Chiarelli said this is a deal that will allow them to resign some players and make some moves if they need to. Nothing major I think this year, and possibly a bigger UFA signing in the summer?....
What does re-signing Rask and Horton next year have to do with this year's trade deadline? If they're just looking for a rental for the Cup run that is...
A guy like Iggy has no bearing on their ability to sign their players next season as he's only on contract through this season

TCDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
We attack at 11.

Quote:
Feaster is more likely to lose 100 pounds than trade away Iginla for zero roster players.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:07 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Feaster is more likely to lose 100 pounds than trade away Iginla for zero roster players.
How do you figure that?Why would teams take that salary off his hands and give him roster players too boot for a older player who not what he was? Calgary can risk losing him for nothing then is my bet.Feaster is not in the drivers seat AT ALL!

Old
02-08-2013, 10:08 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
well he's managing arguably the worst team in the NHL and Iginla can walk in the Summer. They need a full rebuild, ie picks and prospects. Getting back a roster player does nothing for them other than buy them a few extra wins that hurt their draft position.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:10 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDaniels View Post
What does re-signing Rask and Horton next year have to do with this year's trade deadline? If they're just looking for a rental for the Cup run that is...
A guy like Iggy has no bearing on their ability to sign their players next season as he's only on contract through this season
Exactly,Thast why you do not give up roster players for him.Then it would be a lateral move.I can smell this deal coming .Feaster will buckle and take prospects and shed that salary,Unless Iginla gives them a real home town discount and resigns short deal like 2 yrs for 2.5 say.Just a guess there.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Exactly,Thast why you do not give up roster players for him.Then it would be a lateral move.I can smell this deal coming .Feaster will buckle and take prospects and shed that salary,Unless Iginla gives them a real home town discount and resigns short deal like 2 yrs for 2.5 say.Just a guess there.
Iginla's not gonna stay. He's a loyal guy, but that team is plummeting and I'm sure he wants a shot at a cup.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:18 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Iginla's not gonna stay. He's a loyal guy, but that team is plummeting and I'm sure he wants a shot at a cup.
He would fit into Bruins team i think. deadline day april 3

Old
02-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Paddington

vCash: 50
Quote:
Ok, so if no roster players go the question becomes, what's the potential package? Although I think quality can be had in the late first round and beyond, the pick(s) aren't the most appealing. Which prospects are worth a UFA Iginla. The reason I brought up Subban earlier is because Kipper isn't getting any younger in Calgary. If the Bruins don't want to deal Subban, who's next? Spooner would be my guess. Does Spooner, and a pick get it done? Do the other teams in the Iginla mix have the cap space? That'll be another factor. More suitors equals higher asking price.

It'll be interesting to see what Chia does. Either way, I'm exited to see how it plays out.

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:52 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Bouwmeester+Iginla for Boychuk, Kelly, Subban, Knight, 2014 2nd
I don't think you'll see two position players dealt.

This team, is just that, a team.
I get the feeling team chemistry is a huge part of this team.

I think Chia will be very careful about upsetting that chemistry and
thus will be very careful about trading players currently on the team.

Prospects and picks will be more likely.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:54 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Ok, so if no roster players go the question becomes, what's the potential package? Although I think quality can be had in the late first round and beyond, the pick(s) aren't the most appealing. Which prospects are worth a UFA Iginla. The reason I brought up Subban earlier is because Kipper isn't getting any younger in Calgary. If the Bruins don't want to deal Subban, who's next? Spooner would be my guess. Does Spooner, and a pick get it done? Do the other teams in the Iginla mix have the cap space? That'll be another factor. More suitors equals higher asking price.

It'll be interesting to see what Chia does. Either way, I'm exited to see how it plays out.
I am not sure exactly who the propects would be.Could be deal like Caron and Kinight,,or one and a pick,,not sure at all ,But no way i give them the goalie or any roster players.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:55 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
I don't think you'll see two position players dealt.

This team, is just that, a team.
I get the feeling team chemistry is a huge part of this team.

I think Chia will be very careful about upsetting that chemistry and
thus will be very careful about trading players currently on the team.

Prospects and picks will be more likely.
U know it,,Bruins are flying ,no need for huge shakeup.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:57 AM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

soderberg?

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Holy overpayment Batman!

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:

Iginla has a NMC, so that really limits his suitors. Spooner in that deal is an overpayment. Something like Caron + D prospect + pick is where you start if you're Chia. You're giving up more in terms of quantity than quality.

Again Iggy has that NMC so that really limits the suitors. Leviathan mentioned in the other thread a team they'd have to watch out for is Pitt, which I agree with. But as it stands, at this point Feaster needs to just take the best available package from a team Iggy would be willing to go to, and move on. He's probably leaving after the year anyways, might as well get something for him.

Guiledoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
I wish.

Flames fans on the trade board seem to think Iggy alone gets them a 1st and two NHL ready prospects.

I know, I'm just sayn'...

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
I wish.

Flames fans on the trade board seem to think Iggy alone gets them a 1st and two NHL ready prospects.

I know, I'm just sayn'...
2 or 3 years ago? Sure. Now? Possibly, but they won't be high tier prospects. No team in their right mind would trade a 1st and 2 high tier NHL ready prospects for potentially 3 weeks + playoffs of a 35 year old Jarome Iginla.

If flames fans want NHL ready players and a pick they need to realize its most likely going to be of the Caron + Bartowski mold.

Guiledoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Iginla

Pros: Adding a guy like Iginla could give the B's a major boost in confidence/morale similar to the 2011 trade deadline. It could also give them that Mark Recchi, win-one-for-the-gipper theme to rally around.

Cons: He's not the player he once was, and the cost of acquiring him could be prohibitive if PC pays for reputation the way he did with Kaberle. I also don't think he'd "solve" the PP. He's another RH shot. He's not a PPQB. He's not a net-front guy. He does like to shoot and has a quicker/better release than Horton, but someone still has to get him the puck.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marsh-Bergy-Iginla
Kelly-Peverley-Horton

02-08-2013, 02:27 PM
DaveFromNB

With a short season, there are going to be very few teams who feel they have no chance to make the playoffs. We're almost a quarter of the way through the season, the 14'th place team in the East is 1 point out of 8'th, the last place team in the west is 3 points out. The cost of rentals I think is going to be immense IMO because of supply and demand, and I think very few players are going to move.

In a normal 82 game season, the price for Iginla might be reasonable, it wouldn't surprise me if a 1'st and a couple of good prospects would be the price. This of course is assuming that Calgary, 3 points out of 8'th with 2 games in hand, is far enough out of the playoffs to be sellers.

DaveFromNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Weiss

Pros: The #1 center in FLA could provide a big boost to our scoring depth. He's a good two-way player with speed, some strength and he's strong on face-offs. He doesn't have any more PP points than Iginla, but he plays more of a QB role, and being a LH shot might be a better fit with all our righties. He also has a history and chemistry with Nate Horton, so if the B's wanted, they could build a new scoring line around them, which would allow Bergeron to play a more defensive role at crunch time.

Cons: The B's don't exactly need another center. He doesn't really add any size to the group. He'll be expensive and they won't be able to re-sign him.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marsh-Weiss-Horton
Kelly-Bergeron-Peverley

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Jagr

Pros: He could really help the PP. He's a LH shot and is still a dangerous QB as both a passer and shooter. Krejci seems to have great chemistry with his countrymen and would probably be thrilled to play with a legend like Jagr. I don't think he'd cost as much as an Igina or even a Weiss.

Cons: He's older and may have trouble adjusting to the Bruins 'roll 4 lines' philosophy. How much does he have left in the tank at age 40? Can he still be a 1st line forward?

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr
Marsh-Bergy-Seguin
Kelly-Peverley-Horton

Old
02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
MarchandMadness 63*

Boston Bruins cap space moves

Don't really know what it's gonna take for Chiarelli to land Jarome Iginla at the trade deadline,but I have a funny feeling come April 3, Iginla will be a Boston Bruin.

MarchandMadness 63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Ryder

Pros: "We're gettin' the band back together, man." The guys in the room know and like Ryder. The coaches trust him. We won a Cup with him. Put him on the Perv line and it should mean instant scoring depth and the occasional big goal.

Cons: He won't help the PP. His flaws are well known here. MMB says we can do better.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marsh-Bergy-Horton
Kelly-Peverley-Ryder

Old
02-08-2013, 03:11 PM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Ryder

Pros: "We're gettin' the band back together, man." The guys in the room know and like Ryder. The coaches trust him. We won a Cup with him. Put him on the Perv line and it should mean instant scoring depth and the occasional big goal.

Cons: He won't help the PP. His flaws are well known here. MMB says we can do better.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marsh-Bergy-Horton
Kelly-Peverley-Ryder
Pro:Has an excellent glove hand while playing goalie.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote