HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
I said it after the Sens game, I don't think White is an Nhler. Just too dumb. Last year I'm not sure who against he just starts uppercutting a defenseless player after the whistle. Just dumb. To
because he's what we need.
I said this in another thread, but that call was a joke on White. He never really did anything that isn't let go 99% of the time. From that entire scrum, they call White on for a penalty when others are throwing sucker punches and bear hugging the exact same way... disgusting call by the ref.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I said this in another thread, but that call was a joke on White. He never really did anything that isn't let go 99% of the time. From that entire scrum, they call White on for a penalty when others are throwing sucker punches and bear hugging the exact same way... disgusting call by the ref.
Do you suggest that the ref should close the eye and don't give a penalty to White when he dropped the gloves and threw a few punches to Ott ? Are you saying that is acceptable ?

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
That was one of the worst penalties I have seen this year, terrible call.
I should have said "not all his fault"

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:58 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You do realize the spectrum of possibilities between "shipped to Hamilton" and "will play next game"?
You do realize that I've not suggested to send him to Hamilton?

IMO, unless a couple injuries, we won't see White before 5+ games.

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:07 AM
zzoo

Good: Subban, Plekanec, Bourque
Bad: Desharnais, Pacioretty
Ugly: White, Cold

I start to like Bourque more and more.

It's an extremely frustrating loss, but considering that we played 2 games in 2 nights with travel and it was the backup in goal, so one point isn't too bad.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:08 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
I'm gonna clear it out of the way right now. The Sabres' tying goal should have obviously been refused. Tim Peel, were you sleeping or something behind that net !?
The goalie interference calls, and non calls are all over the place this year so far...hate to see it effect the outcome of a game, like last night...

We got lucky on the Ott game, and not so lucky last night...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:12 AM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
An emotional roller coaster this one...

White has to calm down, I get what he was trying to do but there's a time and place for everything. We're up 4-2, keep your head in the game and don't give the other team ANYTHING. Even if that means backing down.

And that goal at the end of the game. Blatant interference. I never knew standing a foot away from the goal line and pushing a goaltender was legal.

Such inconsistency with GI calls, when will it change?

BLEH.
BLEHBLEHBLEHBLEHBE.

Mitch

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:14 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
White's not going anywhere, I don't think.

The kid plays a great style of hockey - he's just got to make smarter decisions. He'll learn that with some experience. Even if he only plays 10-15 games this year, learning with a player coach like Therrien and them figuring out a way to calm his emotions will be good.
He directly cost the Habs 4 points. You need to seriously beat up the other team to justify that, which White did no so far this season. He's been a liability from the get go.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:16 AM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
He directly cost the Habs 4 points. You need to seriously beat up the other team to justify that, which White did no so far this season. He's been a liability from the get go.
He's made this mistake in two games. He just needs to cool off and realize that he can't be taking the team in his own hands. I think he'll learn, but to say he's been a liability from the get go is silly. Perhaps only in two games.

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:21 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

In an 82 game season, White's lack of discipline wouldn't be as big of an issue. But in a shortened 48pts season where 4 points are crucial, they severely impact the team as a whole. This will be a tough lesson to learn, especially if the habs miss the playoffs by those 4 points

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:24 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

How many more games does Gionta get before the fans, and then the coach turns on him?

I say 5 more bad games and he's done in my book.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
Breaking up the most productive line(pleks) and leaving DDs line intact? I don't get the logic here at all.It's going to be interresting to see how MT deals with this situation. I personally think he's going to sit in the presser for a couple games 3-5 I would think. For the people wanting him run out of town, grow the **** up. We've been saying how we need to be tougher and now you want to get rid of key piece to this toughness for a couple mistakes? He's young he will learn with time. Ott is a veteran and knew exactly what he was doing. Down by 2 late in the third and took advantage of a less experienced player.
Pretty easy actually...Plekanec and Bourque are really playing well. I'm not so sure Gionta is the driving force on that line, so IMO, swapping Gionta for Gallagher who are similar players, shouldn't affect the line's chemistry

Furthermore, adding Gionta on the 3rd line with Galchenyuk and Eller allows Therrien to consistently roll 4 lines and not have to shield Galchenyuk/Gallaher all the time.

It's a way more balanced lineup that way IMO....

As for the 1st line...I think it's too early to split them up, but the clock IS ticking. I wouldn't be patient for much longer, but they deserve to work it out themselves.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
How many more games does Gionta get before the fans, and then the coach turns on him?

I say 5 more bad games and he's done in my book.
a lot more then that, the next one the fans will soon get on to is Cole IMO. He has looked horrible and doesn't seem interested in being here

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:32 AM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I would have let Brandon Prust shoot instead of Gionta.
why not give gallagher a shot...or plekanec who had beaten miller twice.

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

I had time cool down like everybody else...

I think we should dress the following line-up against the Leafs:
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Eller - Desharnais - Cole (I hate to keep Cole on the 2nd line the way he's been playing the past two games, he's playing so uninspired right now that it makes Kovalev look like Kostopoulos. BUT, this line produced and Eller was demoted for no good reason when Pac came back)
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher (Now I think this line can shine given that they play soft minutes)
Moen - Dumont - Prust

Armstrong should sit since he's taking things for granted and aside from 1-2 hits and a couple of good chances he missed the net on hasn't done anything. Dumont is hungry AND he wants to prove he can play in the NHL. He's been our best forward after Gally hands down this year in the AHL and he has nothing left to prove to become a 4th liner in the NHL. White can sit for a long time until injuries happen and if he's not happy with that, he can go ride busses for all I care.

Oh and put Subban and Gorges together, pas l'temps d'niaiser ak ça for no reason, was our top pairing last year and I don't see why Therrien is taking to long to put them together.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:38 AM
firewagon77*

Marc Bergevin has said in every interview he is going to rebuild with youth and through the draft,so if he is not lying..........Cole,Gionta,Markov,Bourque,and Plekanac will all be trade by the the april 3rd trade deadline or the june 30th draft in new jersey........that is how you win with a young core Price,Subban,Gallagher,Galchenyuk and future draft picks........great players win stanley cups in their primes Gretzky,Lafleur,Bossy,Crosby,Toews everybody montreal's core is not in their prime,so those players will be traded........you have to get worse to get better.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
Marc Bergevin has said in every interview he is going to rebuild with youth and through the draft,so if he is not lying..........Cole,Gionta,Markov,Bourque,and Plekanac will all be trade by the the april 3rd trade deadline or the june 30th draft in new jersey........that is how you win with a young core Price,Subban,Gallagher,Galchenyuk and future draft picks........great players win stanley cups in their primes Gretzky,Lafleur,Bossy,Crosby,Toews everybody montreal's core is not in their prime,so those players will be traded........you have to get worse to get better.
Yes the core has to be in place but so do some veterans, the Penguins for example won the Stanley Cup with Guerin, Sykora, Gonchar and Satan on their roster

Old
02-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Beendair Donedat

You have to think that White was keyed up emotionally - especially since he missed a few games and was sat for a big one against the Bruins. I just think it was a poor choice of player usage, White's strength is playing teams like the Bruins. White's doing what he can to stay in the lineup, just has to pick his spots better.

For what it's worth: How was John Scott not called for a penalty on that play? He manhandled White from the bench and everyone saw it!

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
You have to think that White was keyed up emotionally - especially since he missed a few games and was sat for a big one against the Bruins. I just think it was a poor choice of player usage, White's strength is playing teams like the Bruins. White's doing what he can to stay in the lineup, just has to pick his spots better.

For what it's worth: How was John Scott not called for a penalty on that play? He manhandled White from the bench and everyone saw it!
The Bruins had no Marchand and no Thornton. Playing White against Boston would have been just as useless

Old
02-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The Bruins had no Marchand and no Thornton. Playing White against Boston would have been just as useless
They had McQuaid and Boychuk, both of whom he's tangled with before. Also MacDermid, Ferrence, Campbell. All guys that have dropped the gloves, most who have gone after Habs players.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:03 AM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
Quote:
Boychuk

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Asif16*

heres hoping for a brawl on saturday night against the leafs. Something neds to happen to reignite that rivalry.

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Yes the core has to be in place but so do some veterans, the Penguins for example won the Stanley Cup with Guerin, Sykora, Gonchar and Satan on their roster
Satan, Guerin and Sykora were acquired when the core was in place and they were ready to compete.

I agree though, some veterans should be kept, like Gorges, Markov, and maybe even Gionta.

But eventually, Cole, Desharnais, and Plekanec may become replaceable with the progression of youth.

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
Satan, Guerin and Sykora were acquired when the core was in place and they were ready to compete.

I agree though, some veterans should be kept, like Gorges, Markov, and maybe even Gionta.

But eventually, Cole, Desharnais, and Plekanec may become replaceable with the progression of youth.
You want to keep a bottom feeding overrated Gorges and a captain who didn't even produce more then 60 points since he joined us but want to get rid of Plekanec? It's crazy how much he's underappreciated.

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:58 AM
LePoche69

Habs' defense is starting to show his true color:

Markov : Still great on the PP and for the transition game, but not as quick or effective as he was in his own territory. Still a good overall d-man, but not a star anymore.
Gorges: Big heart, lots of blocked shots, but that's it. Below average in the transition game, downright terrible in the o-zone, no physicality to speak of. His passes never generate anything.
Bouillon: Big heart, good positionning, smooth transition game, but often overmatched. Does what he can, which is far from a difference making. Overall, I'm not convinced he's more usefull than what Hall Gill could be. With Hall Gill, at least, Montreal's PK was simply great.
Diaz: Better than expected, but still average overall. Quite often overmatched physically. Above avergare on PP.
Emelin: Hits hard and well, but that's it. Below average in his territory, and simply terrible around his net. Ok transition game, non-factor offensively.
Subban: Too early to say. Looks good. Maybe not a true #1 yet, but sometimes looks like it.
Kaberle: non-factor
Weber: Non-existant.

And the worse thing is, with a short season and intense games in a tense schedule, it could become worst.

Habs will fight to play .500 and make the playoffs. my bet is they will succeed at both.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote