HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

J-Bow and Iggy to Boston

Old
02-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Can't believe people are saying this is fair, just a whole bunch of **** and not enough gold going to Calgary.

If they trade their franchise winger and d-man, they need Subban/Hamilton/1st 2013 type mix.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:19 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

I don't think obtaining Bouwmeester is a good idea for an already tight salary cap situation next year.

I'd be happy to obtain just Iginla, but Calgary is still at .500, so I can't see them moving him unless they take a nose dive.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:24 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Can't believe people are saying this is fair, just a whole bunch of **** and not enough gold going to Calgary.

If they trade their franchise winger and d-man, they need Subban/Hamilton/1st 2013 type mix.
Lol not in this lifetime.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Bouwmeester is not needed here

Iginla absolutely, if a deal can be made great if not I hope Chia goes after him really hard this summer

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:31 PM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 1450
Not enough going Calagry's way:
Iginla should return a 2013 1st + Top prospect
Bouwmeester (if he continues playing strong) a late 1st rounder or a 2nd + defensive prospect

Boston will be competing with the Penguins who have left that right wing position empty, probably waiting to see who they could get at the trade deadline. There will other teams as well if Feaster gets the go-ahead to move Iginla, so most offers in this thread look like lowballs.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:43 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Would be willing to send a 1st and any prospect not named Hamilton or Spooner in exchange for Iginla.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:49 PM
arsmaster

The OP is brutal for Flames.

Package each guy up individually and they likely return what was offered in the OP for both.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Flamesjustwin

vCash: 463
It would take Hamilton, Krecji, and 2013 1st to land them both I believe.

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:21 PM
BostonBruins92
Closer to the Sun

I would say that a 1st and top goalie prospect (Subban) is definitely enough for an aging star like Iginla. If Iginla was 28 that would be a different story.

edit: and why in god's name would we want Bouwmeester?

BostonBruins92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:24 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
The OP is brutal for Flames.

Package each guy up individually and they likely return what was offered in the OP for both.
So its basically 3 first rnd picks cause Knight was picked at 32 ....wait plus you get 2 core guys

Jay bo ..good ? sure overpayed ? YES

Iggy .. great ? sure expiring contract ? YES

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
It would take Hamilton, Krecji, and 2013 1st to land them both I believe.
Just taking a wild guess... Hamilton is completely off the table at this stage. Krejci isn't getting moved during a playoff push. If anyone wanted him, off-season last year was the best opportunity. OR if the Bruins tank in the playoffs this season, around draft before his NTC kicks in.

Bruins would probably make a deal just for Iginla, but Bouwmeester, would be a luxury not worth the payment.

Obviously the price for Iginla starts with 2013 1st +?

I'd say Subban is too much, but it depends on what Chiarelli feels. If Iginla goes, it's probably something like 2013 1st + Knight/spooner/koko + ??? for Iginla + lower end prospect/depth guy (maybe add a later pick or something). Deadline is always a sellers market.

I think the trade would closer resemble the trade that sent Bourque out of Boston, obviously different positions and a different time, but think that valuewise. Also factor in Anderchuck, so I'd probably say Rolston/Anderchuck are a wash for comparison purposes.

To Colorado: Bourque, Andreychuck
To Boston: Brian Rolston, Martin Grenier, Samual Pahlsson, 1st rounder in '00 or '01

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Flames rebuilder

If both of them are going, Calgary is in full rebuild. Picks and high end prospect would be the return, Boston barely has enough to acquire one, let alone both. Assuming Hamilton and Spooner are off the table

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:52 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
If both of them are going, Calgary is in full rebuild. Picks and high end prospect would be the return, Boston barely has enough to acquire one, let alone both. Assuming Hamilton and Spooner are off the table
You'd probably get more trading them separately, unless there is a prospect that is highly highly coveted.

I have to think if Chia is really enamored with Iginla, it's going to happen. If he's not, it won't.

He had an infatuation with Kaberle, which paid off because the B's won (although I thought cheaper/better options were available, is another story), but he paid a high price in terms of a rental for a declining star (yes, Kaberle was still "considered" a star then). If he really wants Iginla, he'll make that happen.

Also, I think Hamilton, as a full-time member of the team now is off the table, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Spooner available for the right deal.

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:00 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
To Boston

Jay Daniel Bouwmeester
Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla

To Calgary

John Paul Boychuk
Chris Kelly
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
2014 1st

This gives Calgary 2 quality roster players and 2 prospects and a 1st. On the other hand it makes Boston cup favorites. Thoughts ?
No thanks.

Kelly and Boychuk aren't really needed by us (although I understand cap needs to be moved). so, we get Subban (who we also don't need, we are happy with our goalie prospects.)

So its 1st + Knight are the only pieces we would really want, so I have to say not even close.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post

Would you be able to kindly inform me how old Jarome Iginla is?

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
You'd probably get more trading them separately, unless there is a prospect that is highly highly coveted.

I have to think if Chia is really enamored with Iginla, it's going to happen. If he's not, it won't.

He had an infatuation with Kaberle, which paid off because the B's won (although I thought cheaper/better options were available, is another story), but he paid a high price in terms of a rental for a declining star (yes, Kaberle was still "considered" a star then). If he really wants Iginla, he'll make that happen.

Also, I think Hamilton, as a full-time member of the team now is off the table, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Spooner available for the right deal.
Personally, I think the Flames are icing the best team they've had in years. I don't see any major deals being made, without a major over payment. I believe this team may have what it takes to make the playoffs and Iggy will most likely resign to finish his career. Is it the smart move...time will tell but I really think they'll ride it out this year.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
774coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Because, Boston has two very good goalies right now and I see them being the goalies for the next 5-10 years. I don't think Subban plays a single game in Boston and is traded before. It's not wacky logic. It's moving a supposed asset, if you are truly sold on him (I'm not) early as opposed to later.

I don't think Boston could get Iggy for Subban and a first. Others have better packages to offer IMO.
I agree others could offer a better package. But i really believe Subban is going to be a good goalie in the nhl someday, and from what i can see this years draft is deep ( and good ) one. My thinking was that Calgary would be rebuilding the right way ( youth ) and we would get the power play help we've needed for awhile now ......

774coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:18 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by 774coach View Post
I agree others could offer a better package. But i really believe Subban is going to be a good goalie in the nhl someday, and from what i can see this years draft is deep ( and good ) one. My thinking was that Calgary would be rebuilding the right way ( youth ) and we would get the power play help we've needed for awhile now ......
Me too, but the Flames think the same of Brossoit and Gillies, and I think adding another goalie prospect isn't what the Flames would be looking for in a return for Iginla or Bouw.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Just taking a wild guess... Hamilton is completely off the table at this stage. Krejci isn't getting moved during a playoff push. If anyone wanted him, off-season last year was the best opportunity. OR if the Bruins tank in the playoffs this season, around draft before his NTC kicks in.

Bruins would probably make a deal just for Iginla, but Bouwmeester, would be a luxury not worth the payment.

Obviously the price for Iginla starts with 2013 1st +?

I'd say Subban is too much, but it depends on what Chiarelli feels. If Iginla goes, it's probably something like 2013 1st + Knight/spooner/koko + ??? for Iginla + lower end prospect/depth guy (maybe add a later pick or something). Deadline is always a sellers market.

I think the trade would closer resemble the trade that sent Bourque out of Boston, obviously different positions and a different time, but think that valuewise. Also factor in Anderchuck, so I'd probably say Rolston/Anderchuck are a wash for comparison purposes.

To Colorado: Bourque, Andreychuck
To Boston: Brian Rolston, Martin Grenier, Samual Pahlsson, 1st rounder in '00 or '01
Are you seriously referencing a 13 year old trade? If Andreychuck & Rolston are a wash that return is similar to what Dustin Penner returned.

Trade values have changed significantly.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 774coach View Post
The same can be said for 2 goaltenders in the Flames organization that are a similar age in Brossoit & Gillies.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:29 PM
MastuhNinks

Yikes, classic quantity for quality. Don't get me wrong, they're all decent pieces, but you'd have to think if the Flames are going to give up those two franchise cornerstones they'd want a major piece coming back, not a bunch of okay pieces. Bruins fans won't like it but I think it would have to be Hamilton going to the Flames, and I think short-term it would be very worth it for them. A deal like that makes them cup favorites for 3 years.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Johnny Paps

All I have to say is that if Bos does get Bou and Iginla, the flood gates will open up via trade. Pens, NYR and other teams in the West would have to keep up...

Johnny Paps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:42 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
So its basically 3 first rnd picks cause Knight was picked at 32 ....wait plus you get 2 core guys

Jay bo ..good ? sure overpayed ? YES

Iggy .. great ? sure expiring contract ? YES
I'm not a Flame fan.

I don't think the Flames want any part of your two core guys, they don't need veteran 3rd pairing defensman or a very good 3C, if they're blowing up the roster, which is what moving the franchise (Iginla) and their best defensman (Bouwmeester) they wouldn't want those guys IMO.

2nd point, I hate the "he was picked early 2nd, he's basically a first round pick". Truth is, once you're drafted, the pick placement means nothing....now you're just a prospect, its up to the prospect to determine whether they're a true blue chip prospect or not. And I don't think Knight is, I think he's a run of the mill C+ prospect. It's like valuing Zach Hamill like a top 10 pick....I wouldn't equate Zach Hamill and Dougie Hamilton, would you?

Subban is a true blue chip prospect, but I don't see him being targetted by the Flames either.

I look at what the B's gave up to get Kaberle - Colborne (one of your top prospects...I never much liked him) + 1st and 2nd.

Iginla is a much higher valued player, if Calgary is going to tank, I'd imagine they'd be looking at a youngish top 6 forward or top 4 defensman + at least one 1st round pick + a teams top prospect, I'm not overly familiar with the Bruins prospect pool, but I don't see you having the horses to make the trade for one of the proposed flames, let alone two. I can't see you guys moving Marchand or a guy like Hamilton....calgary really has no reason to improve the Bruins without some semblance of high level young talent being returned.

Now for Bouwmeester, I don't see him being a real need for the Bruins, but I think at worst his value is comparable to what Brent Burns returned....Roster top 9 forward with NHL production history, recent 1st round selected prospect (Coyle) and 1st round pick. IMO that is the very least Calgary should move their #1 d-man for.

If you're not giving up a Hamilton, Marchand, or multiple 1st's, I highly doubt the Bruins get either.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Reign Nateo

Looks like a solid deal to me as an outsider, maybe make the 1st 2013...

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
We really don't want Subban, Knight is a meh prospect, Kelly is a nice player but not for a rebuild, Boychuk doesn't help much in a rebuild, and the first is next year. Pass so easily.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote