HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF's Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Devilswiss

vCash: 500
Can somebody help me out with two tickets in the 100's or lower ends for Saturday?

I'm 3-0 at the Rock now and wanna witness another W before going back to Switzerland.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:50 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswiss View Post
Can somebody help me out with two tickets in the 100's or lower ends for Saturday?

I'm 3-0 at the Rock now and wanna witness another W before going back to Switzerland.
Stubhub has a pair in 118 for $32 each and a pair in 14 for $45.. plus fees though.

Not a bad deal if you're looking for tickets. I'd monitor Stubhub because I can see a few people panicking as the snow starts to fall and hoping to get something out of their tickets.

If you're around Newark in the morning, you can also go the route of the $10 game-day tickets..

Old
02-08-2013, 08:16 AM
njdevil26

(Waiting for everyone to get scared of the snow so I can snatch up your lower level tickets for $20 tomorrow hehe)

Old
02-08-2013, 11:34 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Wasn't sure where to put this but I was interested in buying a seven game plan as I had an all-star plan last year.

Devils expect me to pay $850 dollars for a seven game plan? For two tickets when I'm looking for three? Yeah OK... I was told discussing the possibility of buying season tickets that tickets in the 100 level of the Prudential center would be $25 a game. Therefore 25x3x7 = 525. Therefore I should be paying 525 dollars. Not nearly 1 grand. I love this team but they seriously can keep their overpriced tickets when I can get 7 games for way less on the secondary market.

Now I was looking to be as close to the aisle as possible in any area of the 100 level. Seriously. Any area of the 100 level. Cheapest I know is balcony so over there most likely.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:31 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Wasn't sure where to put this but I was interested in buying a seven game plan as I had an all-star plan last year.

Devils expect me to pay $850 dollars for a seven game plan? For two tickets when I'm looking for three? Yeah OK... I was told discussing the possibility of buying season tickets that tickets in the 100 level of the Prudential center would be $25 a game. Therefore 25x3x7 = 525. Therefore I should be paying 525 dollars. Not nearly 1 grand. I love this team but they seriously can keep their overpriced tickets when I can get 7 games for way less on the secondary market.

Now I was looking to be as close to the aisle as possible in any area of the 100 level. Seriously. Any area of the 100 level. Cheapest I know is balcony so over there most likely.
Why would you expect the Devils to give you the same discount that season ticket holders (who pay for 24 games this season) get when you are only paying for 7 games?

More tickets you buy = more discount.

If you buy one ticket, you're paying a helluva lot more than the cost of that same seat per game for a season ticket holder. If you buy seven, you're still paying more than the season ticket holder but much less than the guy who buys those 7 games from Ticketmaster individually.

You can most likely get 7 games for cheaper but they won't be big name opponents, weekend games or in the 100s for the most part. You're also saving the time and stress of monitoring stubhub constantly for seats..

There's a lot of things you can gripe about ticket wise with this team but that's not one of them.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Why would you expect the Devils to give you the same discount that season ticket holders (who pay for 24 games this season) get when you are only paying for 7 games?

If you buy one ticket, you're paying a helluva lot more than the cost of that same seat per game for a season ticket holder. If you buy seven, you're still paying more than the season ticket holder but much less than the guy who buys those 7 games from Ticketmaster individually.

You can most likely get 7 games for cheaper but they won't be big name opponents, weekend games or in the 100s for the most part. You're also saving the time and stress of monitoring stubhub constantly for seats..

There's a lot of things you can gripe about ticket wise with this team but that's not one of them.
For real, I don't get the gripe either.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:50 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:

Why not though? You shouldn't be paying MORE for less games. That's sorta crazy. If anything you should be paying LESS since you are seeing less games then in a regular season. If they ran similar prices it wouldn't matter. People would choose 7 games because they don't want to go/can't go to all those games and people would take the 24 game full season because that sorta thing isn't a problem. If that reasoning is the case I'll just stick to buying my tickets elsewhere. I can't justify buying tickets for that much money for so few games. I couldn't imagine anyone doing so. Almost a grand for 7 games is insane. It's most likely over a grand when you add the third ticket. Who would do this?

Also I was also all ready to buy seasons but I was refused my 250 a month payment (which is what I paid last year.)

Maybe I can do so next year because it will be a full schedule...just realistically not gonna be possible this year. Not with those prices. Shame because I thought everything would be cheaper due to the shortened schedule.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Why not though? You shouldn't be paying MORE for less games. That's sorta crazy. If anything you should be paying LESS since you are seeing less games then in a regular season. If they ran similar prices it wouldn't matter. People would choose 7 games because they don't want to go/can't go to all those games and people would take the 24 game full season because that sorta thing isn't a problem. If that reasoning is the case I'll just stick to buying my tickets elsewhere. I can't justify buying tickets for that much money for so few games. I couldn't imagine anyone doing so. Almost a grand for 7 games is insane. It's most likely over a grand when you add the third ticket. Who would do this?

Also I was also all ready to buy seasons but I was refused my 250 a month payment (which is what I paid last year.)

Maybe I can do so next year because it will be a full schedule...just realistically not gonna be possible this year. Not with those prices. Shame because I thought everything would be cheaper due to the shortened schedule.
In regards to the bolded part.... YES. You should. You commit to more, you get the benefit of paying less. You get a new cell phone and get a 2 year contract and you pay far less for it outright. You want to spend $200 on a new iphone where there is no guarantee you'll use AT&T/Verizon/whoever's service for more than 20 minutes, but spend $800 on it when you guarantee you'll use it for the next 2 years? You ever see a coupon from a business where you buy one and get a second half off? You think they're better off charging half off if you buy one, but hitting you up for full price if you want a second? Do you understand how businesses work? YOU, looking to commit to 7 games, do NOT deserve a better price than a person willing to give them a commitment for more than 3x the games that you are. Buy your tickets elsewhere, learn how business works, then feel free to offer your ideas on how ticket plans should be structured.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:02 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
In regards to the bolded part.... YES. You should. You commit to more, you get the benefit of paying less. You get a new cell phone and get a 2 year contract and you pay far less for it outright. You want to spend $200 on a new iphone where there is no guarantee you'll use AT&T/Verizon/whoever's service for more than 20 minutes, but spend $800 on it when you guarantee you'll use it for the next 2 years? You ever see a coupon from a business where you buy one and get a second half off? You think they're better off charging half off if you buy one, but hitting you up for full price if you want a second? Do you understand how businesses work? YOU, looking to commit to 7 games, do NOT deserve a better price than a person willing to give them a commitment for more than 3x the games that you are. Buy your tickets elsewhere, learn how business works, then feel free to offer your ideas on how ticket plans should be structured.
I was trying to figure out how to put into words what you did. Thank you for this!

Old
02-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I was trying to figure out how to put into words what you did. Thank you for this!
I wasted way too much time sitting through business classes in college NOT to go off at the notion. That and being stuck at home for the foreseeable future with this weather isn't going to help my tolerance that kind of stuff either...

Old
02-08-2013, 01:23 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
If you have 800 dollars to spend on a phone then you should have no problem affording thousands of dollars for tickets. Some of us don't and some don't enjoy having to be resorted in sitting up in the 200 level for games. I realize that's where a lot of season ticket holders are but honestly it is so hard to enjoy a game from up there. It's so packed, no room, the view is worse (logically) then what you get then in the 100 level. For the best view of the game and to see plays develop the 100 level is the best way to go. Although if you are going to try and justify to me spending over a grand for seven games - which mind you don't include any big name opponents then we will be here all day. It's ridiculous.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Scott04

Quote:
If you have 800 dollars to spend on a phone then you should have no problem affording thousands of dollars for tickets. Some of us don't and some don't enjoy having to be resorted in sitting up in the 200 level for games. I realize that's where a lot of season ticket holders are but honestly it is so hard to enjoy a game from up there. It's so packed, no room, the view is worse (logically) then what you get then in the 100 level. For the best view of the game and to see plays develop the 100 level is the best way to go. Although if you are going to try and justify to me spending over a grand for seven games - which mind you don't include any big name opponents then we will be here all day. It's ridiculous.
I couldn't care less if you buy tickets or not. If you want to support the team in the building, awesome. If you want to support them from at home in front of your tv, awesome. If you want to boo the team and cheer for whoever they're playing in any given game, awesome (but let whoever you're rooting for lose). If you don't want to pay what the tickets cost, then don't. I'm not your financial manager. I'm not telling you this plan is a great investment, or this one isn't. I don't care how you feel about what views are best, where the best atmosphere is, or any of that. I don't care if you think its reasonable for anyone to spend $800 on a cell phone (and anyone who does has lost their damn mind, but that's another story). But you can't ever try to justify that you should pay less for 7 games than the people that make a 24 game financial commitment to this team. You want a benefit from the team on your cost? Buy more games. The fewer you buy, and the less guaranteed tickets you give them, the less they owe you. Stop with a feeling of entitlement because you want to put down money for 7 games. The people who put down for 24 honestly couldn't care less about how you have to pay more per game than them. They're the ones that deserve the price break. Not you.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:32 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Yeah, it sounds like you want the 'same' price per game that a sth gets, it doesn't work that way and shouldn't work that way. You've already been blasted on two boards today, and your last post basically came across as a 'Waaah I don't want to sit in steerage, I want to sit in coach and get a discount doing it!'.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:35 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
But it sounds like you want the 'same' price per game that a sth gets, it doesn't work that way and shouldn't work that way.
Again I was all ready to buy seasons from the Devils - I was potentially paying less then I did for the all star plan last year even but they wanted way too much for payments. I think it was like 350/400 a month? That simply wasn't doable for me. The only reason why I considered the 7 game plan is because it seemed like a better alternative. Obviously that isn't the case.

I was looking to pay 250 a month. If I can get 1,500 dollar seasons next year in the 100 level with that sort of payment plan then I'll have no problem committing next year.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:39 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Aside from the part about financials (because that doesn't relate to the discount you should receive)...

1) So basically you want to sit in a great seat for an amazing price? and if you don't get what you want, you're going to complain? Entitled?
2) What package are you even looking at?

http://devils.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDF/7-g...PLAN1213V2.pdf

For 1 seat in the 100 mezzanine sides (great seats, first of all) you're looking at $73 for premier games, $63 for classic and $53 for special. All 7 special games comes out to $742. All 7 classic $882. All 7 premier $1022.

Hell for the Ranger game, you couldn't even get a ticket on Stubhub for less than $90. I paid around that to sit in the 100s balcony. So they saved you big time money on that game if you had selected it.

Only way you're paying $850 for a pair in that plan is if you are doing all/most classic games.. in that case, you get what you pay for.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
My suggestion if you want to attend 7 games is to check StubHub, ticket threads on Devils message boards-people are always selling and also sign up for the Devils Powerplay and you'll get those ticket promo offer emails.
Ex: Last night's game had $25 100 level seats.

Also, Living Social and Groupon deals are to be had now and then.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:45 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Aside from the part about financials (because that doesn't relate to the discount you should receive)...

1) So basically you want to sit in a great seat for an amazing price? and if you don't get what you want, you're going to complain? Entitled?
2) What package are you even looking at?

http://devils.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDF/7-g...PLAN1213V2.pdf

For 1 seat in the 100 mezzanine sides (great seats, first of all) you're looking at $73 for premier games, $63 for classic and $53 for special. All 7 special games comes out to $742. All 7 classic $882. All 7 premier $1022.

Hell for the Ranger game, you couldn't even get a ticket on Stubhub for less than $90. I paid around that to sit in the 100s balcony. So they saved you big time money on that game if you had selected it.

Only way you're paying $850 for a pair in that plan is if you are doing all/most classic games.. in that case, you get what you pay for.
Well if we are talking about next season then it will be where i normally like to sit Pink, Aqua, Royal Blue..you know the balcony haha. Then your most likely talking about seasons if I can get a much lower payment per month option. Which I'm not sure is entirely possible but if not meh.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Well if we are talking about next season then it will be where i normally like to sit Pink, Aqua, Royal Blue..you know the balcony haha. Then your most likely talking about seasons if I can get a much lower payment per month option. Which I'm not sure is entirely possible but if not meh.
When I signed up for my Aqua's ($22/game), they had a payment plan that broke it down to about 9 months of payments. Just over $100/mo. or some such thing. (I paid in full, so I can't remember the exact details).

Old
02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
When I signed up for my Aqua's ($22/game), they had a payment plan that broke it down to about 9 months of payments. Just over $100/mo. or some such thing. (I paid in full, so I can't remember the exact details).
100 a month should fine then haha. It's not like I'm asking for club seats or bust. As long as I get something in the balcony/mezz for 1,500 for 3 tickets total. Fantastic.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
100 a month should fine then haha. It's not like I'm asking for club seats or bust. As long as I get something in the balcony/mezz for 1,500 for 3 tickets total. Fantastic.
$22 * 44 home games * 3= $2,900

$22 for the aqua's are a fantastic deal.. no sense in complaining about that one.

You basically want to sit somewhere for $500 a season or just over $11 a game. Don't expect center ice club seats paying that little..

Old
02-08-2013, 02:43 PM
apice3*

buying 7 games at a cheaper rate defeats the purpose of having season tickets. Everyone would just buy 6 blocks of 7 games.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Still some upper level and balcony tix available on TM and the box office for today's game.
Don't over-pay on StubHub looking for last minute tix.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:19 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Still some upper level and balcony tix available on TM and the box office for today's game.
Don't over-pay on StubHub looking for last minute tix.
I think buying them on Ticketmaster would be overpaying haha

Old
02-09-2013, 10:20 AM
njdevil26

Question though. A friend of mine may e-mail me his tickets for today's game. I don't have a printer at my apartment. Could I bring the PDF up on my phone and they could scan the two tickets on my phone?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:37 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Question though. A friend of mine may e-mail me his tickets for today's game. I don't have a printer at my apartment. Could I bring the PDF up on my phone and they could scan the two tickets on my phone?
they should be able to.. you can also head to the box office and approach a window on the far right.. they are extremely helpful in helping you with ticket problems (i didnt print out a ticket once and they did it there for me).

Closed Thread