*OFFICIAL* Owen Sound Attack 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 01:17 PM
ottawah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
OHLFan8771 is probably right, the OS management staff probably had insight on Ceci's immediate future. Ceci can always play good enough to change minds though. Especially never being away from home in all of his hockey career and wanting to stay home might motivate him more.
Actually he spent two years away at a private school near Peterbourough before entering the OHL.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:00 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawah View Post
Actually he spent two years away at a private school near Peterbourough before entering the OHL.
oh.. I see, he probably meant while in the OHL then when he claimed that during his intermission interview

Old
01-12-2013, 09:14 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I dont think Milne will be a huge difference maker. Can't see it changing much. It's one F, and not a top end one. depth move that helps but won't sway the balance.
I really think its Lon/ OS/ Ktown/ Ply in that order but close enough that ANY1 can get thru in a heads up.
I just finished watching Milne play for the first time, he looked pretty good. He even had a fight in the game, but quickly realized he was in the O and got his bell rung. I like him already.

Last edited by bidzey: 01-13-2013 at 05:21 AM.
Old
01-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Attack Fan

Quote:
I just finished watching Milne play for the first time, he looked pretty good. He even had a fight in the game, but quickly realized he was in the O and got his bell rung. I like him already.
I watched Milne play last night as well and was very impressed. That kid didn't back off and gave it his all for the whole game. Truly a young kid that wants to prove himself and I'd say he's doing it. He's got my vote!

Old
01-17-2013, 09:05 AM
HLLYWD99

Ceci Returned:
http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/201...back-to-attack

Old
01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLLYWD99 View Post
I read the article, it doesn't say much about his performance, not that it matters I guess... I would be curious about that though.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:43 AM
ottawah

Quote:
I read the article, it doesn't say much about his performance, not that it matters I guess... I would be curious about that though.
Read a few quotes and such that said he had a very good camp and all things being equal he would have had a decent shot of hanging on, but he was not going to crack a top 4 roster spot, so for development purposes he was better off back in junior.

I'd hazard a guess he will not be back as an OA, but you have him for this year.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Fan View Post
I watched Milne play last night as well and was very impressed. That kid didn't back off and gave it his all for the whole game. Truly a young kid that wants to prove himself and I'd say he's doing it. He's got my vote!
well now I really like him, you can tell right away he's a winner... he got a goal in regulation time, and now OS have a third good Shoot out player on the team. Milne got his second goal of the game in the shoot out for a lights out Kingston.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:28 AM
ohlfanos

Milne got two goals during the game plus the game winner in the shootout

Old
01-19-2013, 07:54 AM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlfanos View Post
Milne got two goals during the game plus the game winner in the shootout
as if I missed that, he scoring so much I'm missing some of them

Run of the Milne

He's been a lot more effective than Ceci so far, and that just comparing the games he played with him.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:39 AM
HLLYWD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Janes is going to be a great player for you guys. He can play any role and is a beast physically. He brings so much more then just offense.
So far he cost the Attack a game in Erie by flipping the puck over the glass in the final 2 minutes resulting in a game ending PP goal.
Then last night he takes a 5 minute major for slew footing with 32 seconds left in a 4-4 tie which gave the Frontenacs a PP for the better part of OT.
The kid has earned a spot in the doghouse for being a DOLT!

Old
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
HLLYWD99

http://www.attackhockey.com/article/...ing-just-rosey
Jan 29, 2013

The Owen Sound Attack received word this afternoon that defenseman Brayden Rose would receive no further discipline for an infraction that occurred at the 7:45 mark of the third period on Saturday night.

With 12:15 remaining in the third frame, Rose was assessed a “Physical Abuse of the Official, Category II” penalty which carries with it an automatic ten game suspension. Upon further review of video this week, the Ontario Hockey League has deemed Rose eligible to play, beginning Wednesday evening against the Barrie Colts.

The Richmond Hill native is in his third season with the Attack where he has suited up in 156 regular season games, tallying 3 goals, 30 assists and 191 penalty minutes.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
HLLYWD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackfan71 View Post
has anyone heard how maidens is doing? is he feeling better? should we expect to see him in an attack uniform this year? i have not heard anything in a while now about his progress. and what about arthur gervurs do we expect him this year as well? those two kids would give us a huge boost offensively. would be like making huge trade to add secondary scoring without giving up anything
http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/201...ack-on-the-ice

OWEN SOUND - Jarrod Maidens missed the shortness of breath and the burn in his legs from a hard workout.
After almost 14 months away from hockey, the Owen Sound Attack centre is finally getting reacquainted with those feelings as he slowly recovers from post-concussion syndrome.
Its been a while since Ive been out of breath doing something, Maidens said on Tuesday after his first on-ice workout in Owen Sound.
I miss that feeling. When youre healthy you dont (look forward to it). As an athlete, its something you love to do, getting out there and working hard.
Maidens is working out again and back in Owen Sound to be with the Ontario Hockey League squad while he slowly returns to hockey.
Its one of those things that I just have to get the rust off, said Maidens. The stamina is slowly coming. Im definitely in a lot better shape than I was say two or three weeks ago.
Maidens suffered the concussion when he received an accidental knee to the head in a game on Nov. 30, 2011, against Barrie.
He finished the game but the next day the symptoms set in and he ended his season at 28 games with 12 goals and 11 assists.
Before the concussion, Maidens was projected as a first-round pick in the 2012 National Hockey League entry draft. But his lengthy layoff saw him fall to the third round, where he was taken 82nd overall by Ottawa.
Maidens spent several weeks in Canadas capital beginning in November, working out and skating with Senators team officials. Once the NHL lockout ended, Maidens and the Senators concluded that hed be best served by returning to Owen Sound.
Its great being back in this environment with the guys, and it feels like home out there, said Maidens.
The hard part at the beginning is you want to be away from a lot of noise and stuff that will make it worse. As a player its hard to distance yourself from your teammates and staff and the organization. Mentally now its easier being back here.
Maidens has been given on-ice and off-ice regimens from the Senators with the focus on keeping his heart rate at a limited level. He wears a heart-rate monitor during his workouts.
Ottawa will follow his progress through contact with Maidens and Attack trainer Andy Brown, who helped the Sens out during their rookie camp in the summer.
The plan is to get Maidens on the ice as often as possible but with a shortage of available times on the weekend, he may just skate weekdays and work out in the gym on weekends.
Maidens also hopes to travel with the club on some road trips. He skated for approximately 45 minutes on Tuesday under the direction of assistant coach Drew Bannister.
Obviously we want him on the ice by himself so he can avoid contact with other players, said Bannister.
Right now its more skill-based stuff where he gets back the feel of the puck and moving his feet. Things where hes changing directions and stuff to push himself through symptoms that he might have just from being tired. You try to build his tolerance up.
Its only recently that Maidens has been able to push himself through workouts.
The biggest thing for him right now is conditioning, and were just carrying over from what they did in Ottawa, said Bannister.
Weve got the same game plan as (Ottawa) and were just trying to get his confidence back and have him push through a lot of things that hes not been used to over the last (almost 15 months).
Maidens is experiencing some discomfort throughout the workouts, but now its because of the workout and not the concussion.
I do feel (a little) headache and nausea and dizziness, but its one of those things that I need to try and see how it goes, said Maidens.
Hopefully its from just being out of shape. I want to push myself and see how it goes. I know my body and I know how far I can go. Im still young but time isnt on my side.
Attack coach Greg Ireland made a point of repeatedly cautioning that Maidens is not close to returning to the Owen Sound lineup.
I know initially everyone is going to get excited because Jarrod is back and hes on the ice, but this has nothing to do with him playing, said Ireland.
I want to eliminate all of that talk and chatter right now. This is just part of his slow rehabilitation process, and were not even looking in that direction. I dont want anyone to blow this out of proportion.
Fans could be easily fooled into thinking that Maidens is ready to step right back into the lineup.
The Grimsby native doesnt look out of shape thanks in part to a teenage metabolism according to Ireland and he was working hard on the ice Tuesday.
But his return isnt about hockey, Ireland stressed.
Just being back with his friends is important, said Ireland. To get some normalcy back in his life. Getting up every day and feeling pretty good is a good thing. Its still baby steps for him.
Maidens would love to be able to tell fans when hes going to suit up again for the Attack.
Its frustrating and its tough because I just dont have an answer right now, said Maidens. Its a huge step (returning to Owen Sound) and its been a long process.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:52 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLLYWD99 View Post
With 12:15 remaining in the third frame, Rose was assessed a Physical Abuse of the Official, Category II penalty which carries with it an automatic ten game suspension.
so much for that rule since he didn't get 10 games, or it makes the ref look like a cry baby

As for Maiden, there's no time table for when he'll be back but it would be nice to see him in the playoffs!!

Old
02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Hockeygeek22

Is Gilbert Gabor any good?
You think he will be drafted this summer?

Old
02-12-2013, 06:48 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygeek22 View Post
Is Gilbert Gabor any good?
You think he will be drafted this summer?
Gil was doing really good back home across the pond, I think he has a lot of potential, but is having problems adjusting to the O. Maybe they fed him too big of a bite for him to chew on in too short of a time. He knows this and not reacting to it in a positive way, so that's like a double whammy. He's trying too hard, and not always enjoying the game. If he can overcome this, I think he will surprise a lot of people and perform the way he was before he got on with OS. As far as the draft goes, his name seems to be silent right now.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:01 PM
bidzey

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about this Owen Sound team. They've been slacking a lot lately, for a couple of months now. They better get hungry soon because what started as a good season is going to end in a short palyoff run. Wake up OS!!!!

Old
02-14-2013, 04:29 PM
attackfan71

Quote:
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about this Owen Sound team. They've been slacking a lot lately, for a couple of months now. They better get hungry soon because what started as a good season is going to end in a short palyoff run. Wake up OS!!!!
hate to say i told you so but may critized mewhen i said this was perfect year for this team to sell some assets for big return and not go for it you could see already were london was and guelph, kitchener and plymouth were getting stronger. i love cheering for the attack and watching the games but you could see back at the deadline this team had stalled and they had one of the weakest schedules in the first half compared to the other teams mentioned above. degray made huge mistake this year going after ceci. we do not have the secondary scoring and we never had it this year now teams are shutting down our first line and we have no answer for it. i hope im wrong but i dont believe i am. just think how set would we be if we had traded the cat,smith and posiblly binner i know what everyone says you dont trade off your best players when you are ranked in the top 10. but i would rather trade them now and be ranked in top 5 for next few years and have real shot at winning memmorial cup in the years to come

Old
02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Attack Fan

Quote:
I said to someone before Christmas that they were going to tank. You could just see it coming. They certainly have the team to make good things happen. Not taking near as many penalties as they have in the past...one good thing. However, their scoring power is terrible lately. What top team goes into a game, like Guelph Wednesday night and finishes with almost half the amount of shots against the opposition? I'm starting to wonder if the coaching is to blame. Something's not right! Even Brace has become invisible lately.

Old
02-15-2013, 07:02 AM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackfan71 View Post
degray made huge mistake this year going after ceci. we do not have the secondary scoring and we never had it this year now teams are shutting down our first line and we have no answer for it.
I totally agree with that, I think giving away Middleton was a huge mistake. I notice on the powerplay Ceci is on all the time. Bigras spends the first minute of the PP with Ceci, then Charility spends the second half of the PP with him. I've never seen that before and I find it effect the chemistry of the Def. The D lineup was alot more effective before the trade, than it is now with Ceci in the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Fan View Post
I said to someone before Christmas that they were going to tank. You could just see it coming. They certainly have the team to make good things happen. Not taking near as many penalties as they have in the past...one good thing. However, their scoring power is terrible lately. What top team goes into a game, like Guelph Wednesday night and finishes with almost half the amount of shots against the opposition? I'm starting to wonder if the coaching is to blame. Something's not right! Even Brace has become invisible lately.
that last game with Guelf was terrible, I agree that the discipline has been alot better lately,, but they were back to their undicipline ways in that game. And yes... where did the scoring power go to? good question! OS has yet to score a goal against Guelph in the last 9 periods!! Maybe that is the coaches fault, but I think OS needs to play hungryer then they have been. They showed a little hunger in the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period of the last game Wednesday, and took over the play in Guelph's end, but too little too late. They need to play like that for rest of the year for every minute left of the season or they're out fast.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:11 PM
bidzey

that's better finally a win against Guelph

undisciplined though

Old
02-27-2013, 01:58 PM
OHLFan8771

Zweep gets 5 games.

Old
02-27-2013, 02:01 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Zweep gets 5 games.
Nick Cousins gets 4 game suspension

Old
02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
HLLYWD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Zweep gets 5 games.
What an Injustice Zweep is an angel targeted by officials.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:36 PM
mikester

are you kidding meeeeee

Closed Thread