HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Letang for a legit 1st line winger

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 02:22 PM
  #26
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
Given the depth the oilers have at Rw it would ahve to be Letang for Eberle.

Would pitts do this. I am sure the oilers would.
if you're sure the Oilers would do that, then that means the Pens would NOT do that.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:26 PM
  #27
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,603
vCash: 50
P Kane, T Vanek, I Kovalchuk, M Gaborik, Eberle/Hall or A Ovechkin. All of whom are way too expensive other than Eberle and Hall... who are still a bit too expensive and are unlikely to be dealt. As are all the guys on that list.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
  #28
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
well, the topic isn't about "pens no longer need Letang" . They have the deepest pool of top D prospects and they need to develop them. It's time for Despres or Bortuzzo to take Letang's spot, and for Morrow/Harrington to take 3rd pair spot.
Let Despres and Bortuzzo play their first season before you announce it time for them to step up as a #1D. Not even the most optimistic prognosis sees Bortuzzo ever stepping into Letang´s shoes, but lets say there is one who can among the Pens D prospects, they still are trying to win it all now. That means keepin their core intact.

One would think Letang is going on 45 they way you can`t wait to hurry him out the door.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
  #29
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
Last game vs caps has showed pens easily can play without Letang, and his absense doesn't hurt their PP. It's typical for sage old man Shero to develop young d-men and later trade them for what he needs. He has a bunch of high top D prospects: Despres, Bortuzzo, Morrow, Harrington, Dumoulin, Maatta. That's an object of envy from other 29 GMs. Letang has being at his peak right now and his value is extremely high. Is it worth to keep him when there are several quickly developing d-men knocking the door of the roster?
Reality check ... he isn't going anywhere.

Would you rather have Dylan Reese in the lineup for Letang? Not a hard choice.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
  #30
Chukcha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mongolian steppes
Country: Mongolia
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
P Kane, T Vanek, I Kovalchuk, M Gaborik, Eberle/Hall or A Ovechkin. All of whom are way too expensive other than Eberle and Hall... who are still a bit too expensive and are unlikely to be dealt. As are all the guys on that list.
Sharp? Ryan? L.Eriksson?

Chukcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
  #31
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
But Shero didn't hesitate to move Whitney and Goligoski.
Whitney sucked when he was moved. He wasn't our top defenseman. He was playing like a bottom pairing guy. Was Gogo our top blueliner when he was moved? Big difference. Letang is our top blueliner. Why even broach this subject. Its beyond comprehension.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:33 PM
  #32
mavstar
I hate Nucks' fans
 
mavstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
Last game vs caps has showed pens easily can play without Letang, and his absense doesn't hurt their PP. It's typical for sage old man Shero to develop young d-men and later trade them for what he needs. He has a bunch of high top D prospects: Despres, Bortuzzo, Morrow, Harrington, Dumoulin, Maatta. That's an object of envy from other 29 GMs. Letang has being at his peak right now and his value is extremely high. Is it worth to keep him when there are several quickly developing d-men knocking the door of the roster?
You probably shouldn't use the unanimous worst team in the NHL as a measuring stick.

mavstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:34 PM
  #33
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Something around Hall? Oilers then select Shinkuruk

Letang-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Klefbom-Marincin

Best D core in the future?
In your dreams.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:37 PM
  #34
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,603
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
Sharp? Ryan? L.Eriksson?
Sharp wouldnt happen and probably wouldn't get it done. Ryan I'll give you, forgot about him. Probably the most likely player to get dealt for Letang in this hypothetical. Eriksson, I don't think is enough. Maybe Eriksson and Goligoski

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:39 PM
  #35
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
Sharp? Ryan? L.Eriksson?
Are you seriously suggesting trading Letang for Patrick Sharp right now? There is just so much wrong with it starting with the fact, that it would take more like two Patrick Sharps to get a Letang and including but not ending with the two words Duncan Keith.

I don`t even know where you are coming from here. Letang would be worth the very best wingers in the game and not only would that make the team more top heavy, it also does not need the best RW in the game, it needs a nice above average shot to go with Crosby.
As long as this team has Crosby and Malkin to lead their game, I`d rather have 6-7m invested in my top Dman than in a supreme playmaking right wing.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:40 PM
  #36
alcanalz
whys and wherefores
 
alcanalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 193
Letang's value, not just to the Pens, which is pretty much untouchable, but league-wide should be incredibly high. Elite, young two-way D like that don't come around too often.

He wouldn't be traded but it'd be fun to see the package.

alcanalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:43 PM
  #37
Andre Benoit Bawls
Classless Chaps
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 12,603
vCash: 50
From the Sens, assuming we don't have Karlsson:

Michalek, Silfverberg, Ceci, 1st

Seems high but with a player like Letang you need to aim too damn high

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:43 PM
  #38
Chukcha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mongolian steppes
Country: Mongolia
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Whitney sucked when he was moved. He wasn't our top defenseman. He was playing like a bottom pairing guy. Was Gogo our top blueliner when he was moved? Big difference. Letang is our top blueliner. Why even broach this subject. Its beyond comprehension.
return for Whitney was a mid-aged top-6 winger, but not a star.
return for Gogo was a young top-6 winger, but not an established star (though he went from Dallas, hehe) at that moment.
now return for Letang would be a true star winger. Or a high-end young winger (1st overall calibre).

Chukcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:44 PM
  #39
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Are you seriously suggesting trading Letang for Patrick Sharp right now? There is just so much wrong with it starting with the fact, that it would take more like two Patrick Sharps to get a Letang and including but not ending with the two words Duncan Keith.

I don`t even know where you are coming from here. Letang would be worth the very best wingers in the game and not only would that make the team more top heavy, it also does not need the best RW in the game, it needs a nice above average shot to go with Crosby.
As long as this team has Crosby and Malkin to lead their game, I`d rather have 6-7m invested in my top Dman than in a supreme playmaking right wing.

Using last night against the worst team in the league as an example of why Pittsburgh can trade Letang is a joke. He must prefer Reese in there than Letang.


Last edited by spiny norman: 02-08-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: not needed
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
  #40
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
return for Whitney was a mid-aged top-6 winger, but not a star.
return for Gogo was a young top-6 winger, but not an established star (though he went from Dallas, hehe) at that moment.
now return for Letang would be a true star winger. Or a high-end young winger (1st overall calibre).
Whitney was dispatched because he sucked. His return was tremendous. Did you see how Pittsburgh played after that deal? Kunitz was a spark and a need. Seven goals, 11 assists in 18 games and then 14 points in the playoffs. We won out on that deal without question and all we traded was a defenseman on the DECLINE.

Gogo wasn't Letang - not close. He was EXPENDALE at the time and we got Neal and Niskanen. Letang isn't expendable.

You don't base your corny or ridiculous idea on a 5-2 victory over the WORST TEAM IN THE NHL as ammo to say Letang is expendable. Again, prefer Reese in the lineup than Letang? That is what you are saying.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:47 PM
  #41
Datsyuk Dangles
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Datsyuk Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,660
vCash: 500
I'd give Franzen + Smith + Quincey from the Wings

Datsyuk Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
  #42
Chukcha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mongolian steppes
Country: Mongolia
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
Elite, young two-way D like that don't come around too often.
not a pens case.

Chukcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
  #43
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
From the Sens, assuming we don't have Karlsson:

Michalek, Silfverberg, Ceci, 1st

Seems high but with a player like Letang you need to aim too damn high
seriously, that's an interesting offer. not sure either side does it though.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:49 PM
  #44
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
He is on drugs ... don't mind him. Using last night against the worst team in the league as an example of why Pittsburgh can trade Letang is a joke. He must prefer Reese in there than Letang.
Someone should try that pitch with other GMs. See how it goes. Kris Letang, Dylan Reese - no differences visible to the naked eyes.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:50 PM
  #45
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
not a pens case.
name one other elite, young two-way defenseman on the Pens.

i emphasize ELITE here.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
  #46
Chukcha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mongolian steppes
Country: Mongolia
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Using last night against the worst team in the league as an example of why Pittsburgh can trade Letang is a joke. He must prefer Reese in there than Letang.
when he was absent due to concussion issues pens played very well too.


Last edited by spiny norman: 02-08-2013 at 08:51 PM. Reason: qmep
Chukcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM
  #47
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,131
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
I'd give Franzen + Smith + Quincey from the Wings
pathetic offer.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:52 PM
  #48
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,485
vCash: 50
Would you guys take two of Nino/Okposo/Grabner for Letang?

Just trying to gauge value.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:54 PM
  #49
Chukcha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: mongolian steppes
Country: Mongolia
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
name one other elite, young two-way defenseman on the Pens.

i emphasize ELITE here.
todays Simon Despres is yesterdays Kris Letang. Tomorrow he will be todays Letang.

Chukcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:02 PM
  #50
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Uhhhh hell no. It was evident watching the team last night that they didn't have anyone who could rush the puck up the ice like Letang. If the Caps weren't standing around so much, the Pens wouldn't have been able to do what they did.

Pootie Tang is too valuable for us to move. Letang is worth way more to us than another winger.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.