HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:12 PM
DenverHabsFan

vCash: 500
O'Reilly would be a huge upgrade. Very underrated. One of my favorite Avs players. Only 22 yrs old. We'd have to trade DD and/or Eller and a D back. Avs might go for it because they're a cap floor team. That's why they don't want to pay him. He's the kind of guy you want on the ice in a close game against a physical team. That would be a dream come true. I just can't watch DD get tossed around anymore. Frustrating.

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:12 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
If we could move Gorges and Desharnais to get O'reilly i'd do it for sure. We could obtain a player like Douglas Murray for cheap via trade and get Diaz,Subban, Emelin playing more minutes.
Dunno if I would be willing to trade Gorges in this deal, would be hard to swallow, even if O'Reilly was solid for us.

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
O'Reilly would be a huge upgrade. Very underrated. One of my favorite Avs players. Only 22 yrs old. We'd have to trade DD and/or Eller and a D back. Avs might go for it because they're a cap floor team. That's why they don't want to pay him. He's the kind of guy you want on the ice in a close game against a physical team. That would be a dream come true. I just can't watch DD get tossed around anymore. Frustrating.
Thing is, other team would offer more.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:17 PM
headliner

Haven't read the entire thread, so excuse me if I'm posting an opinion already expressed.

Aside from the shoddy officiating on the tying goal....how about John Scott on the bench, standing up, bending forward, and fully extending his arm to grab White during the Ott incident?

That should've been a bench-minor, and the play would've resumed 4-on-4 for the first two minutes. And who knows? Much different mindset than knowing you have a 4:00 PP.

The NHL has the worst, most inconsistent officiating of any NA professional sport. There was a linesman looking right at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN-rkwv85zM

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:28 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Thing is, other team would offer more.
You can say that about any trade proposal. It has to work for both sides. DD and Eller are inexpensive centers. Avs value quantity over quality. That's the main complain when I talk to fans here at the Pepsi Center.

Our 3rd period record in the last two years (at least) is dismal. There's a reason for that. We don't have centers who can crash the net and put pressure when we desperately need a goal. O'reilly is that type of guy. He can also help protect a lead because he's very good at cycling the puck in the offensive zone.

The White penalty was so frustrating because it woke up the Sabres and there's always a feeling that there will be a goal if we are under any kind of pressure late in the third.

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Agreed, but you cant expect people who love softies to appreciate toughness. Like for me, is hard to appreciate softies.

There are two philosophy in hockey. Some people like gritty teams like Anaheim the year they won the cup, Boston, LA last years.

Some prefer soft teams like Buffalo, our Habs for so many years, Washington Capitals.

I prefer the first philosophy. Many people here prefer the second option, which i respect cause taste cant be argued...
I myself like a nice mixture of the two. Mostly tough with a few sorties then tend to score morelol

Pigems* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:49 PM
yianik

White's issues are probably not hockey related, as in, anger management and rage problems. I like him, I really do, but he doesn't seem to have the Don't Do It Stop button most people have. Violent criminals don't have the Stop button.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
76ftw

The weird part is, had you told me we would lose 5-4 in a shootout before the game (with Budaj in, back to back etc...) I would have been alright with it.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
White's issues are probably not hockey related, as in, anger management and rage problems. I like him, I really do, but he doesn't seem to have the Don't Do It Stop button most people have. Violent criminals don't have the Stop button.
Maybe hes into the "Coca Cola" like Probert and so many others

Pigems* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:05 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
I'll pay money to see the rest of the team's faces after Gionta got his penalty.
He was slack jawed

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

White wasn't this type of player in Junior. Not sure why he feels the need to play like this now. It wasn't why he was drafted and he's a hair away from losing his spot on the roster.

I don't think there's a roster spot open to recall Blunden, but if there was......

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:28 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
White is starting to remind me of the bruins players. His fighting and dumb penalties are mirror images of their tough guy attitude and I don't like it. Hurts the team.
Gallagher had a double minor called against him last night.

IF a goal had been scored against the Habs while he was in the box, do you think that the uproar against Gallagher would have been the same as it is against White?

And if not, why not?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:29 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I say give White another chance.
Another chance to kill us yeah...

Seriously, he will eventually get another chance but not anytime soon..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:35 PM
peate
Good grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Gallagher had a double minor called against him last night.

IF a goal had been scored against the Habs while he was in the box, do you think that the uproar against Gallagher would have been the same as it is against White?

And if not, why not?
True but it ended up being only a two minute PP since the Buffalo player got 2 minutes also. Plus Whitey had two previous brain farts for the exact same thing.

peate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
zzoo

White's mea culpa:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...vais-garnement

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:42 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
I do, and happen to be selling them. I'll give you one for free if you use it stop this garbage.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:42 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
White has some good tools to be an NHLer but seemingly no toolbox...as in judgment.

Any player doing taht would be dumb but one already on "probation" for 2 prior incidents is not smart enough to be an NHLer.
Yep.

Just like Ryan O'Byrne had no toobox and was press boxed and basically given away.

Meanwhile, he is playing decent D at Colorado and we see posts and threads about the need to have more DMen here who are capable of clearing the crease.

6' 5" 234 lbs. Ryan sends his regards.

Damn, a lot of people are living up to the perception that Montreal has the most reactionary fans in all of sports (not just hockey).

Old
02-08-2013, 04:44 PM
skule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Just like Ryan O'Byrne had no toobox and was press boxed and basically given away.
Your point is entirely correct, but we've wasted assets for far less of a return than Bournival, like Ribeiro. :/

I have that fear fate for Weber and Eller, especially with the Bergevin/Friedman conversation where Bergevin said he had been getting all kinds of calls about Eller.

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:45 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I never get when people call Plekanec old and act like Gorges is another youngster. As if when you turn 30 you magically start losing all your ability. Considering Gorges' entire game is based around sacrificing his body for the cause, he's probably aging much quicker than Plekanec anyway.

Of the vets, keeping Plekanec and Markov should come before anyone else.

Also, I love how there's talk about selling everyone off and tanking after losing 2 games in a row.
Personnaly, I don't wish the Habs to tank. But if Gallagher and Galchenyuk continue to developp going forward this year, I do think Gionta should be use as trade bait. No matter if Habs are making the playoffs this year, to get out of that 6-10th place range, Habs have to move forward and Gionta surely have enough value to bring in a solid prospect or a nice draft pick.

Then next year, in my opinion, the same could be made with Gorges if a guy like Tinordi follows the same path as the Gally's. That way, those moves wouldn't kill the hopes of making the playoffs short term while increasing the hopes of becoming a top tier team.

I agree with you, Plekanec should be kept. He still has few more years at top level, and then he's the type of player who could easily recycle in a d-fense only role.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:51 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
True but it ended up being only a two minute PP since the Buffalo player got 2 minutes also. Plus Whitey had two previous brain farts for the exact same thing.
Well lets keep it real then.

The next time that a Habs player is called for a penalty and the other team scores a power play goal.........and the Habs end up losing the game.......regardless of what went on for the rest of the game OTHER than those two minutes (or less) of PK time, can we be sure to have 20 pages of a thread bashing that player and blaming him for the loss.

Oh, and lets attack his character, blame drugs, and come up with scenarios on how we can get rid of that player who committed a penalty that led to a goal for the other team.

Deal?

Old
02-08-2013, 04:55 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
You're right.

Detroit Red Wings have made a living with 30+ y.o players on their roster.
You're maybe right, but I'm starting to be tired of reading/hearing about how the Red Wings, bla-bla-bla.

They haven't won anything for a time now, and as the league globaly goes younger, they don't, and their decsent to hell has started. They don't have a lot of nice prospect and haven't draft very well. And because they never traded their aging vets, they didn't pile the picks either. They could be going down for a long time if they don't change philosophy quickly. They could start ressembling the Flames. Lindstrom's awesomness hide that fact for many years.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:58 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
The weird part is, had you told me we would lose 5-4 in a shootout before the game (with Budaj in, back to back etc...) I would have been alright with it.
True. I predicted a loss. Good to put things in perspective.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:00 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I love Bing Translator.

"I had the bass head upon my arrival on the ice this morning, but the veterans told me up to the head and to forget the incident, said White. There's a good team spirit in this room."

came from

J’avais la tête basse à mon arrivée sur la glace ce matin, mais les vétérans m’ont dit de me relever la tête et d’oublier cet incident, a expliqué White. Il y a un bon esprit d’équipe dans cette chambre.

What is a bass head?

Old
02-08-2013, 05:04 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Is this in English anywhere?

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:05 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Ryan is a well adjusted, non violent guy in real life. He just over stepped the bounds physically on ice lately, but at least he's trying to make something happen, just has to pick his spot better

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote