HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal needs to start banning media

Old
07-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Alouette_19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The Bergerons and the Todds and the rest of the people who have a personal agenda (the xenophobes) shouldn't be allowed near the dressing room and the PCs.
Bergeron is not a journalist and have no access to the room

You are maybe referring too Villeneuve and Gagnon

Alouette_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouette_19 View Post
Bergeron is not a journalist and have no access to the room

You are maybe referring too Villeneuve and Gagnon
Sorry you're right, I meant Villeneuve. I like Gagnon and I think he's a good journalist.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:07 PM
mcphee

Problem is Dave, who's the judge ? Who decides what's fair or infair ? Does a guy Like Brunet suffer for what someone else does ? Does Red Fisher lose access since Todd's a dick ? You don't legislate freedom of the press because you don't like it. If they cross a line, libel laws exist.

I'm sure if the J de M is deemed as being very close to the line, it is hinted to their people that their access will be affected. Nothing as dumb as a ban, because that would be great theater for any media outlet. A hint is passed on that your paper may not be called on as often as others in pc's. Maybe La Presse will get a scoop. You can pay someone back, but more often than not, classy people take the high road. I think some media members do deplorable things. otoh, if something juicy about a Habs' personal life shows up tomorrow, we'll have 6 threads and 100 pages by lunchtime. So lets go easy on the indignation.

BTW, the Theo pictures, I never saw 'em. You want tabloid stuff to disappear, don't look at it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:08 PM
sposman

I've felt for quite some time that they need to start imposing media bans for any journalist who attempts to stir up problems with the language situation. First time it's the journalist, next time it's the publication.

sposman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:10 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Problem is Dave, who's the judge ? Who decides what's fair or infair ? Does a guy Like Brunet suffer for what someone else does ? Does Red Fisher lose access since Todd's a dick ? You don't legislate freedom of the press because you don't like it. If they cross a line, libel laws exist.

I'm sure if the J de M is deemed as being very close to the line, it is hinted to their people that their access will be affected. Nothing as dumb as a ban, because that would be great theater for any media outlet. A hint is passed on that your paper may not be called on as often as others in pc's. Maybe La Presse will get a scoop. You can pay someone back, but more often than not, classy people take the high road. I think some media members do deplorable things. otoh, if something juicy about a Habs' personal life shows up tomorrow, we'll have 6 threads and 100 pages by lunchtime. So lets go easy on the indignation.

BTW, the Theo pictures, I never saw 'em. You want tabloid stuff to disappear, don't look at it.
Good point. I actually like the suggestion made earlier in the thread that one media rep from each main paper/tv/whatever be allowed per. If they want to send their sensationalist types fine, but they won't have their actually reporter there to do actual reporting.

Old
07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Alouette_19

Quote:

I agree with you........

But maybe than can reduce the number of journalist covering the Habs to one.....we don't need 3 guy of J.Montreal in the locker room after the game???

Alouette_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Cyrrus147

lol and the NY Yankees players don't have pressure and media attention?? give me a break

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:16 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
lol and the NY Yankees players don't have pressure and media attention?? give me a break
What do the Yankees have to do with the Canadiens? 2 different sports, 2 different cities, 2 different situations.

Old
07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
What do the Yankees have to do with the Canadiens? 2 different sports, 2 different cities, 2 different situations.
The NY Yankees players have more much pressure than any habs players can ever have in his career in Montreal. Guess what, every baseball players dream to sign with the NY Yankees.

Vancouver, Montreal,Toronto,Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary, all have the same problems. The high taxes is a major problem for signing a free agent

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:40 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
So what was his intention then? To stimulate interesting discussion with Koivu?

Why did he bring that up at a PC about Koivu's eye injury? Why did he bring it up PERIOD when it has NOTHING to do with hockey? Why did he bring it up when it's been beaten to death a million times? Why?

Why did he ask Koivu in French when he knows damn well Koivu doesn't speak it? Would it make sense if Koivu answered him in Finnish?
Why did he bring that ? i am not him , so i can't answer for him , as you try to do . It was out of context ? i agree , but in the same time , i don't think that Koivu is going to call a PC one day , to talk about the french factor in Montreal .

Didn't even few english medias peoples coment that it was curious that a PC in Montreal was only in english , just before the one you talk about ?

Koivu answering in Finnish would have been a great answer to this guy ...

Finally , don't you think that the famous question was more the fact of an uncompetent but is still an isolated event in the 10 years of Saku ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:43 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
The Bergerons and the Todds and the rest of the people who have a personal agenda (the xenophobes) shouldn't be allowed near the dressing room and the PCs.
do you have a quote or a source where those people are saying that they are xenophobe , or where they are talking againts a particular race of people ?

Old
07-05-2006, 03:47 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
do you have a quote or a source where those people are saying that they are xenophobe , or where they are talking againts a particular race of people ?
markov, I honestly don't know of a journalist I believe is a racist or a xenophobe. I even include the curmudgeon in your avatar. There are personal agendas all over every kind of media, there are people that consider themselves the story. There are some that are offensive, but dismissing someone or labelling a paper or network is just too easy, or lazy.

Old
07-05-2006, 03:50 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

you always find the good point and the right way to explain it !

I am thinking now to get a goat ;may be your close relationship with the one you had ,has something to do with your wisdom..

Old
07-05-2006, 03:52 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
markov, I honestly don't know of a journalist I believe is a racist or a xenophobe. I even include the curmudgeon in your avatar. There are personal agendas all over every kind of media, there are people that consider themselves the story. There are some that are offensive, but dismissing someone or labelling a paper or network is just too easy, or lazy.
i agree with you !

Old
07-05-2006, 03:58 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
you always find the good point and the right way to explain it !

I am thinking now to get a goat ;may be your close relationship with the one you had ,has something to do with your wisdom..
Thanks, you reminded me that my daughter left and the goat and sheep are loose, probably in my tomatoes again.