HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 6 playmaker to Vancouver

Old
02-08-2013, 12:52 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
That Kadri + Bozak + 1st for Luongo deal sure is sounding better and better for the Canucks.
Leafs would never have killed their centre depth when it was already horrible, also the first was never offered. We wouldn't accept it either but Toronto would never offer it in the first place, even going into the season

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
You get a big young guy with good hands and very aware defensivly that has top 6 potential, a young skilled offensive D, a blue chip prospect and a second in a deep draft year.

I think that's fair value
Eller, Beaulieu and Diaz ooze potential, but Edler is a 49 point defenseman last year, and we have no reason to move him, and just resigned him. That could be reasonable value, if he was still UFA or requested a trade. However, under current circumstances, you'd have to pry him from our team, and that offer doesn't do that.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:56 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
You get a big young guy with good hands and very aware defensivly that has top 6 potential, a young skilled offensive D, a blue chip prospect and a second in a deep draft year.

I think that's fair value
In comparison to Edler that's a quantity for quality trade though, we don't need to move Edler so it wont be templated like the Nash trade. We would want one very good player

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Hell likely be expendable at the TD as thats roughly when players return from injury. He hasnt seemed to click with Grabovski and Kulemin this year and keeps losing his second line duty to either Komarov or McClement on a game-to-game basis. When Lupul returns we have:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Frattin - Kadri - Komarov
If we haven't filled the hole by the deadline, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all. Gillis doesn't do the "normal" rental thing though, as most "rentals" are retained (Alberts, Higgins, Lapierre) or actively remove themselves from the team (Gragnani, Pahlsson retiring from the NHL). A resigning, if he comes relatively cheaply, could be done too, depending on the Luongo/Schneider saga.

That being said, Schroeder has been doing everything right, and is helping to drive the offensive contributions of his linemates, even if it isn't always related to points, and if he keeps playing like this, we could have a very good, but much smaller, internal solution as well. Him and Hansen aren't bad options for Kesler/Booth because of their playmaking ability.

MacArthur has proven more, with one tremendous season, and I feel a second if he sticks around isn't nuts. I think someone might beat that offer tbh though.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

I wouldn't do a 2nd for McA imo unless it was a 2014 but I'd do a 2013 3rd or a prospect like Sauve or Rodin.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Mizral

How about that Mason Raymond kid?

Seriously though Raymond has turned a corner this year and looks a lot better. I believe he can score 25-30 next season, should get at least 15 this year in a shortened season. Last year his back was just messed up still and you can tell with the way he's playing along the boards that he has no fear right now.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:10 PM
cslebn

I'll second nominating Brassard as an option.

How about something like Grenier and a 2nd?

cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Domino11

I know he's small but desharnais would be your man !! He would do a perfect duo with kesler
Mtl had a good start but I'm all for not making the playoff ... And specially for a team like Vancouver that will go for the cup .. Desharnais produce and play good in pk and he's cheap as hell

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Raymond is not much of a playmaker however, at least not the kind we need.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:24 PM
TOML

Um, none of those guys are playmakers. So... Top-6 forward to Vancouver for... A goalie?

Hey looks like a Vancouver goalie trade proposal.

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Noob616

David Desharnais would be a decent fit I think. He seems to be productive no matter where you put him, he's an RFA on an expiring contract with a cap hit of 850k, and he's a great playmaker to have on the PP as well as at even strength. Not sure what Vancouver would want to give up for him though. There's also that he could step in if one of your top 6 centers goes down with injury later on, if H. Sedin were to miss a few games Desharnais is basically the diet smurf version of him.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
I know he's small but desharnais would be your man !! He would do a perfect duo with kesler
Mtl had a good start but I'm all for not making the playoff ... And specially for a team like Vancouver that will go for the cup .. Desharnais produce and play good in pk and he's cheap as hell
Well what would Montreal want? I like Desharnais' game, but it's all about price. Expiring contract (granted he's RFA) that's due for a raise, with a falling cap...I mean the player would work well here, the contract status...not so much after this year.

Montreal doesn't need a starter, and, tbh, I don't know what shape their roster and prospect cupboard is in, short of Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
I've been saying for 2 years they should've moved Kesler to the wing and made CoHo the 2C
You dont move a 40 goal scoring Selke winning dominating centre to wing just to try to satisfy Cody Hodgson fantasies.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
If we haven't filled the hole by the deadline, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all. Gillis doesn't do the "normal" rental thing though, as most "rentals" are retained (Alberts, Higgins, Lapierre) or actively remove themselves from the team (Gragnani, Pahlsson retiring from the NHL). A resigning, if he comes relatively cheaply, could be done too, depending on the Luongo/Schneider saga.

That being said, Schroeder has been doing everything right, and is helping to drive the offensive contributions of his linemates, even if it isn't always related to points, and if he keeps playing like this, we could have a very good, but much smaller, internal solution as well. Him and Hansen aren't bad options for Kesler/Booth because of their playmaking ability.

MacArthur has proven more, with one tremendous season, and I feel a second if he sticks around isn't nuts. I think someone might beat that offer tbh though.

Right now I have this as our best line up

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Hansen

Raymond Schroeder Kassian

Lappy Malholtra Higgins

Weise /Volpati

I would like to add another grit player with better hands in case of injury to our skill guys. If one of our skill guys goes we stick Higgins in there or pull Hanesn back and forth .

But I would prefer to upgrade that fourth line spot , no offense to Weise or Volpati.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:21 PM
IceyDice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
You dont move a 40 goal scoring Selke winning dominating centre to wing just to try to satisfy Cody Hodgson fantasies.
He's scored 40 goals once. Calling him a 40 goal scorer is very misleading as it implies he does it regularly. His next highest goal total is 26.

IceyDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyDice View Post
He's scored 40 goals once. Calling him a 40 goal scorer is very misleading as it implies he does it regularly. His next highest goal total is 26.
Get over it. People sell their own players when talking them up... whats the big deal?

Some players only win a cup once & get called cup champs for the rest of their life, should we stop doing that too?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:51 PM
VanFan101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral View Post
How about that Mason Raymond kid?

Seriously though Raymond has turned a corner this year and looks a lot better. I believe he can score 25-30 next season, should get at least 15 this year in a shortened season. Last year his back was just messed up still and you can tell with the way he's playing along the boards that he has no fear right now.
Raymond is not a playmaker, and does nothing to make his linemates better. He is a black hole where you send pucks to make them disappear. He is much better suited to a third line role where he can try to create offense on his own, than on a second line where his lack of vision will hinder more talented players.

VanFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Flames rebuilder

Iggy+Butler for Ballard, Jensen + 1st.... It's your best shot at a cup! First line RW playing on your second, added toughness as well as keeping Schneider and Kassian

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:17 PM
IceyDice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Get over it. People sell their own players when talking them up... whats the big deal?

Some players only win a cup once & get called cup champs for the rest of their life, should we stop doing that too?
I don't like it.

And that is different. You can be a cup champ or not a cup champ, there's no in between. When you call someone a 40 goal scorer you're doing it to pin their talent level which is on a scale. He scored 40 goals once, he is technically a "40 goal scorer" but when people use that term it's not used to describe career highs but rather what you can expect out of the player, and it is therefore misleading to label Kesler a 40 goal scorer even though he has scored 40 goals once.

IceyDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:18 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyDice View Post
I don't like it.

And that is different. You can be a cup champ or not a cup champ, there's no in between. When you call someone a 40 goal scorer you're doing it to pin their talent level which is on a scale. He scored 40 goals once, he is technically a "40 goal scorer" but when people use that term it's not used to describe career highs but rather what you can expect out of the player, and it is therefore misleading to label Kesler a 40 goal scorer even though he has scored 40 goals once.
Could be worse, he could have the label of 50 goal scorer and never have scored 40.....looking at you Phil Kessel.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:27 PM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFan101 View Post
Raymond is not a playmaker, and does nothing to make his linemates better. He is a black hole where you send pucks to make them disappear. He is much better suited to a third line role where he can try to create offense on his own, than on a second line where his lack of vision will hinder more talented players.
This is the story on Raymond. Disappointing but true. He has all the speed in the world but not the foresight to implement it towards anything more than basic hockey plays. He's still a very nice forward to have but he's not a 2nd line player because he detracts from high iq players. I find him a very frustrating player to watch because his speed/skill makes you see all the open opportunities he misses. I feel there is still a slim chance he catches up to the game and starts dictating it instead of chasing the play, but I'm not optimistic.

As for this thread, I do think its clear the Canucks need a true top 6 playmaker for the second line.

Purcell and a prospect/pick for Luongo and a winger makes a lot of sense to me but I somewhat understand the trepidation for Tampa fans - not because of the goalies (I think Luongo would lower their GAA significantly for the next 5+ years and legitimize them as cup contender for as long as they have forwards to put around Stamkos) it's just I have a very high opinion of Purcell.

Hemsky is another guy I think fits the bill and he actually seems to be somewhat available. I wouldn't move Luongo to the Oilers but if the Canucks coud parlay him into a package with a defensemen who gets sent for Hemsky then I'd be on board.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
I've been saying for 2 years they should've moved Kesler to the wing and made CoHo the 2C
terrible idea. Kesler is a selke trophy winner who is also one of the best skaters in the league he needs to be all over the ice and he needs to be taking draws as well.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
That Kadri + Bozak + 1st for Luongo deal sure is sounding better and better for the Canucks.
Did you forget we are on a 4 game winning streak 3 of which were made possible by Lu. We have no use for Bozak. Kadri while he is doing quite well in Toronto also probably doesn't fit in our top 6 right now which makes his value a lot less too us. Lu is an unreal goalie we need him

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
TOGuy14

Ballard + 1st for Hemsky +3rd?

Probably the best playmaking wing you could get, Ballard goes the other way to even out salary, plus Edmonton could use the D

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:41 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Of course it is; it was proposed by the Canucks.

The Leafs have no intention to trade Kadri or a 1st in a trade for Luongo.

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote