HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 11:02 PM
  #526
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Bah, calm down..

White has just had a series of costly overreactions lately and it's easy to put a spotlight over his head. Players that overreact are a better problem than players who lack hearth IMO. He'll come to his old ways soon enough. Personnally I've had just about enough of Armstrong who doesn't do squat for this team other than missing chances to score.
Exactly, I have a bigger problem with the Armstrongs of this World.

Kimota is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:27 AM
  #527
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Exactly, I have a bigger problem with the Armstrongs of this World.
Maybe, but Prust really has to learn something to White(and quick), because right now it's getting a problem seeing the standings and what the coach said.

And if you know my history of posts, I'm a big Ryan White fan.

Forsead is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:06 AM
  #528
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,960
vCash: 500
We might not be talking about Ryan White in a bad way IF it stayed 4-3.

For example...that 4-4 goal was Ryan White's fault?

I hope Therrien just talks to him and that's it.
Blaming White is just trying find a scapegoat.
Blame Erik ''already retired'' Cold Cole instead.

At 4-3 we should have made it 5-3 or preserve that 4-3 win at all costs. Not the end of the world...we got a point should have been two but one is not bad...next game...the Leafs.


Ryan White:
can maybe keep it a bit more disciplined but I'm a big fan of his brave heart and willingness to protect his teammates (always looking out for his teammates)...gotta love that.


Go White Go!!


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-08-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:40 AM
  #529
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,960
vCash: 500
Sean Avery anyone?!
Mistake? Good idea? (it would take away all the attention PK is getting!).

I miss his entertaining antics...he's funny and can play some good hockey.

Therrien can maybe make sure Avery stays disciplined.
Avery at $750 000 for the rest of the season, no?


Gritty players who can also play hockey:
Prust
Avery
White
Moen
Armstrong
Bouillon



P.S.: Avery...another example of how NHL is wrong... Chara was not suspended for almost killing Pacioretty (obvious revenge for a ****ing little shove), but Avery was literally kicked out of the NHL.


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-08-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 02:11 AM
  #530
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Bah, calm down..

White has just had a series of costly overreactions lately and it's easy to put a spotlight over his head. Players that overreact are a better problem than players who lack hearth IMO. He'll come to his old ways soon enough. Personnally I've had just about enough of Armstrong who doesn't do squat for this team other than missing chances to score.
difference, Army didnt cost us TWO games.

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 02:13 AM
  #531
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
We might not be talking about Ryan White in a bad way IF it stayed 4-3.

For example...that 4-4 goal was Ryan White's fault?

I hope Therrien just talks to him and that's it.
Blaming White is just trying find a scapegoat.
Blame Erik ''already retired'' Cold Cole instead.

At 4-3 we should have made it 5-3 or preserve that 4-3 win at all costs. Not the end of the world...we got a point should have been two but one is not bad...next game...the Leafs.


Ryan White:
can maybe keep it a bit more disciplined but I'm a big fan of his brave heart and willingness to protect his teammates (always looking out for his teammates)...gotta love that.


Go White Go!!
do you also love that it cost us TWO games so far ?

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 02:17 AM
  #532
PsychoticHab
Registered User
 
PsychoticHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 844
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Jackman is 6'4" 205lbs.
ESPN has him at 6'4" 220 Lbs and NHL.com has him at 6'2" 225Lbs. No one seems to agree on an exact size but he is apparently at least 220 Lbs which is definitely in the heavyweight class regardless of his abilities and results.

PsychoticHab is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 02:55 AM
  #533
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,213
vCash: 50
To be honest I feel more bad for White than anything else.

It's just a game , no need to hope his career is destroyed.These kind of careers are very fragile , I don't think he deserves to sit 10 games in row because of this and his penalties from previous game.On one hand you ask him to bring energy and physicality so you have to back him up when he screws up by giving it too much.

BenchBrawl is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:43 AM
  #534
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
ESPN has him at 6'4" 220 Lbs and NHL.com has him at 6'2" 225Lbs. No one seems to agree on an exact size but he is apparently at least 220 Lbs which is definitely in the heavyweight class regardless of his abilities and results.
even if he was 300lbs, Jakman is not a heavyweight. Fightcard is the tool to class fighters

bud12 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:45 AM
  #535
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
even if he was 300lbs, Jakman is not a heavyweight. Fightcard is the tool to class fighters
wrong.

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:51 AM
  #536
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
you're wrong.

If I follow your logic, Domi and Stock are middleweight while Penner is a heavy

bud12 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:53 AM
  #537
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
you're wrong.

If I follow your logic, Domi and Stock are middleweight while Penner is a heavy
they are.

good on some of them for being able to win fights against heavyer opponents, but that doesnt make them heavyweights.

there's a reason it's caller heavy -> weight

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:54 AM
  #538
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
they are.

good on some of them for being able to win fights against heavyer opponents, but that doesnt make them heavyweights.

there's a reason it's called heavy -> weight
edit typo

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:10 AM
  #539
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
lol its the first time I heard that Domi and Stock are middle. Moen is probably a heavy since is 218lbs.You fight heavyweights, you are a heavyweight. If not anyone 6'2" and over 220 is. Moen don't fights heavyweights and Penner too, so they're not heavyweight.


Last edited by bud12: 02-08-2013 at 09:20 AM.
bud12 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
  #540
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
lol its the first time I heard that Domi and Stock are middle. Moen is probably a heavy since is 218lbs.You fight heavyweights, you are a heavyweight. If not anyone 6'2" and over 220 is. Moen don't fights heavyweights and Penner too, so they're not heavyweight.

so Bouillon is a heavyweight I guess...

cause he isnt a very good fighter that is all.

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:01 PM
  #541
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Bouillon fighted 2 heavyweights in is entire career. If you can't see the difference in Bouillon and Domi, its because your not a smart woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
You fight heavyweights, you are a heavyweight.
considering this, I'd refrain from commenting on other people intelligence if I were you.



on top of my head : May, Orr, Konopka, that's 3 heavyweights...

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:14 PM
  #542
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
considering this, I'd refrain from commenting on other people intelligence if I were you.



on top of my head : May, Orr, Konopka, that's 3 heavyweights...
not a heavy. so its 2 like I said. keep it up, you make me smile

bud12 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:17 PM
  #543
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
not a heavy. so its 2 like I said. keep it up, you make me smile
he did fight heavyweights so by YOUR definition, he is a heavyweight.




Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
You fight heavyweights, you are a heavyweight.

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
  #544
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
he did fight heavyweights so by YOUR definition, he is a heavyweight.
yet, is fightcard is 90% composed with middleweight. I can play with word too

Domi: 210 lbs
Konopka : 210lbs

You said Domi is a middle but Konopka is a heavy

bud12 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:24 PM
  #545
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
yet, is fightcard is 90% composed with middleweight. I can play with word too

Domi: 210 lbs
Konopka : 210lbs

You said Domi is a middle but Konopka is a heavy
by YOUR definition, they're both Heavy...

so since my definition makes no sense we'l go with yours, you fight a heavy weight, you are a heavy weight...

therefore, Domi, Bouillon and Konopka are all heavyweight... that's YOUR logic.

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:30 PM
  #546
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
yet, is fightcard is 90% composed with middleweight. I can play with word too

Domi: 210 lbs
Konopka : 210lbs

You said Domi is a middle but Konopka is a heavy
wich is wrong. Since by YOUR logic if those middleweight fought (more than one) heavyweight, they also qualified as heavyweights...

remember ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
You fight heavyweights, you are a heavyweight.

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:34 PM
  #547
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
by YOUR definition, they're both Heavy...

so since my definition makes no sense we'l go with yours, you fight a heavy weight, you are a heavy weight...

therefore, Domi, Bouillon and Konopka are all heavyweight... that's YOUR logic.
you don't understand the meaning of "you fight a heavy weight, you are a heavy weight"

If your fightcard is composed of 95% of heavyweigth, yes ,your a heavy. Like Domi
If your fightcard is composed of 95% of middle, your a middle. Like Konopka

Fightcard is what determine your categorie, like I said.
What your card says you are

Do you understand what I want ot say now?

bud12 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
  #548
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Which of the two light weight will win this battle?

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
  #549
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Which of the two light weight will win this battle?
Hal Gill is a heavyweight creampuff. So both win

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:06 PM
  #550
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Which of the two light weight will win this battle?
Good one.

And no offense to either bud12 or ECWHSWI.

SouthernHab is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.