HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Damn... even Buffalo sign an UFA

Old
07-05-2006, 02:24 PM
KaptainKourage*

vCash: 500
Damn... even Buffalo sign an UFA

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170576&hubname=nhl
now, i'ts official, every member of the North-East division except the Habs sign a player... Boston with Chara/Savard, Ottawa with Gerber, Toronto with Kubina and now Buffalo with Spacek

I really hope Bob will find us at least one player to help our team. BTW, the lost of Spacek make a big hole on Edmonton Lineup and I saw this proposal on Trade Rumors Board :

@ DET : Aebi
@ EDM : DET 3rd round pick + Souray
@ MTL : Torres + Lilja
I think I would do the deal

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Talent Analyst

Grrrrr ...

GO GAINEY LETS MADE A MOVE !!

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:40 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

They lost McKee, we didn't lose anyone. We signed 2 UFAs already.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:40 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Bulis. One of our 4 best PKers and a 22 goals scorer

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
We even signed 3 if you add Koivu.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I keep saying that the Habs fans don't want to make a move just to make one. Please don't dissapoint me. Sabres made a good signing 'cause Spacek is a good player, not because they signed any UFA.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Artyukhin*

edmonton taking a kicking i fell bad for them

pronger now spacek . big blow

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
edmonton taking a kicking i fell bad for them

pronger now spacek . big blow
and if George signs with the Habs, that'll be the biggest blow

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:07 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79 View Post
Bulis. One of our 4 best PKers
Begin, Bonk, Plekanec, Higgins...

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:07 PM
zednik20

Quote:
Bulis. One of our 4 best PKers and a 22 goals scorer

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:09 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
We even signed 3 if you add Koivu.
Yup. All 3 of them have been qualified as the heart & soul of this team too.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Pere Noel

Quote:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170576&hubname=nhl
now, i'ts official, every member of the North-East division except the Habs sign a player... Boston with Chara/Savard, Ottawa with Gerber, Toronto with Kubina and now Buffalo with Spacek

I really hope Bob will find us at least one player to help our team. BTW, the lost of Spacek make a big hole on Edmonton Lineup and I saw this proposal on Trade Rumors Board :

@ DET : Aebi
@ EDM : DET 3rd round pick + Souray
@ MTL : Torres + Lilja
I think I would do the deal

We signed Huet and Bouillon, as well as Koivu.

And we didn't care about the pocket change such a Bulis,Sundstrom, Vandermeer and Simpson so we let them go.

Focusing on the North-East as you seemed to particularly care....

Meanwhile Ottawa lost Chara, definitively one of the best defenseman in the game. He was replaced by only Corvo Let Arnason go for free after giving away Bochenski for his services. Okay, they got Gerber, but they had been counting of Hasek before....

Boston are repeating their glory days when they had signed Lapointe to a ridiculous contract. After getting rid of Thornton, the newly become league point leader, they signed high profile (sarcasm) Savard to a hefty contract (but forgot to bring Kovalchuk and Hossa along). They also made sure to overpay and set up nicely the foundation of cap trouble for the future by adding 7.5 Million dollar Chara who obviously doesn't care to win the Stanley cup... (not that it looked like there was a chance in Ottawa so cursed they seemed). He will certainly notice however that the Bruins defensemen are nothing like the Ottawa ones... if he does find any defenseman.... Also gone are Reasoner, Gill and Raycroft

On the other hand, Toronto is doing an excellent job at building up a $44 million PAID defensive corps.... One would be nice to mention to John Ferguson Junior that the cap applies to the entire roster not only the defensemen... Also, that when you pay 7.15 million to a defenseman... it has to be a 7.15 million defenseman (like Pronger could have been)... so Toronto did a good job at adding/renewing McCabe at $7.15 M, Kubina at $5 million, Kaberle at $4.25, Hill at 2.05.... that will fit nicely next to Sundin's 7.6 Million and 76 year old body, who did manage after all to make 2 points more than 76 points (so a bargain --- sarcasm). They had to let Tie Domi go by buying his contract... it will cost as much to replace him if you add the cost of his buyout then it would have cost to keep him.

Now, the killer... Spacek signed with Buffalo... Of course, that he wanted to meet Grier and McKee... but no one pointed to him that they had signed with San Jose and St-Louis earlier...

In summary, I am not sure why one would worry so much that Montreal is the only team that has not signed an external UFA among the Northeast division.... Do you really think the other teams fared better within our division?

Last edited by Pere Noel: 07-05-2006 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spacing
Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
and if George signs with the Habs, that'll be the biggest blow

iif we sign george this board will crash

then it will be non stop larque vs chara threads

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
Begin, Bonk, Plekanec, Higgins...
Yup , even Koivu and Kovalev were taking turns when one of them was in the box. Bulis didn't want to play on the PK or the coachs just didn't want him to go. Even Sundstrom played more on the PK than him. And when Higgins started to score more and play on the PP it was Murray we saw on the ice. Not Bulis.

Nice post Pere Noel , i didn't kown McCabe was making 7.1M .. it's a LOT. You forgot to mention Boston lost Brian Leetch who is still a force on the PP

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 07-05-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:46 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Grrrrr ...

GO GAINEY LETS MADE A MOVE !!

So you want gainey to make a move,

lets say gainey signs poti just to try to please fans, I bet you that you would be real pissed off at him.

My point is we dont need spacek, and we dont need half of those nuts. We got alot of more talented players than spacek. What we need is players that fit the mold of this team and players that can complement this team and oviously gainey hasent found that player yet because if did he would off signed.

It just to funnny, Every day you see people on these boards pissed off at bob because he let that free agent get away when if that free agent would signed in montreal alot of people would of been pissed off because we dident need that player or we overpaid for that player. Its a loose loose situation being the gm of the montreal canadiens

Last edited by oli500: 07-05-2006 at 03:52 PM.
oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
So your asking gainey to make a move,

lets say gainey signs poti just to try to please fans, I bet you that you would be real pissed off at him.

My point is we dont need spacek, and we dont need half of those nuts. We got alot of more talented players than spacek. What we need is players that fit the mold of this team and players that can complement this team and oviously gainey hasent found that player yet because if did he would off signed.

It just to funnny, Every day you see people on these boards pissed off at bob because he let that free agent get away when if that free agent would signed in montreal alot of people would of been pissed off because we dident need that player. Its a loose loose situation being the gm of the montreal canadiens
if Gainey reads these boards, we won't be pleasing us fans with the signing of Poti.
Poti's been bashed for 2 days staight here.

come on Bob, read HFboards, don't go after Poti

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:57 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
if Gainey reads these boards, we won't be pleasing us fans with the signing of Poti.
Poti's been bashed for 2 days staight here.

come on Bob, read HFboards, don't go after Poti

Thats my point, everyone want gainey to make a move, and lets say he thus, that signing will be no good because its a horrible player and if he does sign a good player that signing is no good because he got to much money so either way gainey cant win

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Habitants

good signing by buffalo to fill the hole left by mckee. i like spacek, i wonder how much he signed for.
i feel bad for edmonton, they had such a great team and good cup run. they will have to work hard next year to do it again with their defensives loses. but i am looking forward to seeing lupul in edmonton, they are lining up top have some good offense, and solid goaltending with Rollie there all year!

as for BG not signing anyone yet. well i still have confidence in him. he has made offers, and even if he does not get anyone im sure he will be able to pull off a great trade. for the rest of our division signing people. i fear only buffalo to be honest. their team is solid. boston and toronto are both too close to the cap, while still missing pieces to their lineups. ottawa brought in gerber, who i think will do great job for them, but losing chara AND pothier and replacing with corvo. well that is not an improvement

besides im sure spacek signed for 4mil, which is too much. there are still players for us to sign out there if BG really wants one.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
It just to funnny, Every day you see people on these boards pissed off at bob because he let that free agent get away when if that free agent would signed in montreal alot of people would of been pissed off because we dident need that player or we overpaid for that player. Its a loose loose situation being the gm of the montreal canadiens
That was to be expected

That was like the mental breakdown after we were eliminated from the playoffs.In two nweeks everything should be normal again.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Netro

It's July 5th people. Give Gainey more than 5 days to shape the team for this season.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Poochie_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netro View Post
It's July 5th people. Give Gainey more than 5 days to shape the team for this season.

This isn't chess. you don't have as much time as you need. Players are getting picked up very fast. Unless you wanna bring in a 4th line goon only spare parts will be left in 5 days.

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote