Notices

Ana (7-1-1) @ Texas Guys (5-5-1): Battle of the Greybeards

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
All this Vatanen idiocy has me thinking. Are Teemu and the Koivus still the best forwards Finland has to offer? Was more expected from Hartikainen and Armia by now?

Old
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Agreed, it's due to small sample size. The thing is - those are the games Fowler has been out of.
You're right - Fowler has yet to do anything on the PP this year. It seems like whatever unit Selanne is on is producing more - I still think Boudreau needs to establish a first unit and make sure it has the best personal on it as it will give us the best results going forward. Beleskey and Winnik being used as the third forward on the first unit was never going to work.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
heksagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesko View Post
Seems that people are either raving about Vatanen or having an opposite reaction to it, which ends up with the polarized opinions on him. To me, it's clear that he's not physically, and maybe mentally, ready for the his role his skill level and size mandate, but there's no denying that he has constantly been making good moves with the puck, especially in moving it out of the defensive zone. I don't think it's reaching to think that sitting him (with Fowler gone) could hurt our transition game.
I agree with this post.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
All this Vatanen idiocy has me thinking. Are Teemu and the Koivus still the best forwards Finland has to offer? Was more expected from Hartikainen and Armia by now?
Looking through the Finns in the NHL this season I'd say they are. Maybe Jokinen and Filppula belong with those three, maybe not. Granlund should be good in a couple of years. Hartikainen was always projected as more of a bottom 6 guy was he not?

Old
02-08-2013, 03:27 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Hartikainen was a surprise that he's developing into a NHL player, Armia is still playing in FEL but he's probably going to States after this season. Although I'm not expecting a lot of him, he reminds me of Bobby Ryan so much, has the size, the hands and the shot but doesn't really hit and dissappears for long periods of time.

In addition to Hartikainen and Armia there are still Granlunds, Pulkkinen, Teräväinen and few others with some good potential. And of course, the undrafted Barkov is going to be something great.

Also would like to add that even though players like T. Ruutu, Filppula, the Jokinens etc. aren't as good as Selänne they are still serviceable players. Plus, I think that KHL draws some of the promising Finnish players.

End of offtopic.

Lets Go Duuuuuuucks!

Old
02-08-2013, 03:28 PM
gogo78

Maybe should not count out M. Koivu

Old
02-08-2013, 03:30 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Don't know if already posted sorry if it has. Lineup for tonight's game.

Per Stepens:

Emerson Etem-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry

Kyle Palmieri-Bobby Ryan-Teemu Selanne

Andrew Cogliano-Saku Koivu-Daniel Winnik

Matt Beleskey-Nick Bonino-Brad Staubitz

Sheldon Souray-Francois Beauchemin

Luca Sbisa-Toni Lydman

Bryan Allen-Ben Lovejoy

I like the first three lines. I'm sure the 4th will be fine defensively, but I kinda wish we would see a bit of offensive potential out of our 4th. Doubt you'll see it with those wingers..

Old
02-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Did we establish who is starting in net?

Old
02-08-2013, 03:35 PM
eenok*

NO VATANEN?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

W T F !!! !!! !!!

STILL SBISA, STILL LYDMAN!

STILL ALLEN, STILL VOTEJOY!

I JUST DONT GET IT!

TONIGTH ANAHEIM LOOSE W VACUUMMACHINE HILLER AND BAD, REALLY BAD DEFENSE!!!

IF VATANEN AMERICAN WOULD PLAY KEEROLE FROM START OF NHL CAREER!!! PROMISE!

vatanen make everything right = bench.

sbisa,lydman,allen etc HAS RIGHT TO REMAIN BAD DEFENSMAN, WHY!?

EENOK/IL , Finland

Old
02-08-2013, 03:36 PM

Why is Lovejoy playing instead of Vatanen? He brings nothing to the table that Vatanen doesn't.

The forward lines are looking good

Old
02-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 View Post
Why is Lovejoy playing instead of Vatanen? He brings nothing to the table that Vatanen doesn't.

I'd say he brings a lot more size to the table. 6'2 220 pounds compared to around 5'10, 180 pounds max. He's a great skater for a guy of his size as well although not quite on Vatanens level.

Old
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:

Sure, if you ignore the fact Lovejoy is bigger, better defensively, and has 100 NHL games under his belt.

Old
Fallenity

vCash: 950
What I can't understand is why we keep sitting Rakkel? Play him or send him to his team. There's only a certain limit to which practicing with an NHL team is better than playing with a junior team.

Also, could it be possible that BB is sitting Vatanen because he wants a "fresh" defenseman for tomorrows game and Lovejoy will sit then?

Old
huge*

Send a message via MSN to huge* Send a message via Skype™ to huge*
What's Corey Perry's deal? Should I trade him in fantasy while I still can?

Old
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Did we establish who is starting in net?
I believe we're starting Hiller.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Lol votejoy...

Old
02-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge View Post
What's Corey Perry's deal? Should I trade him in fantasy while I still can?
I wouldn't yet. He'll come around - he's just been rusty and his timing is off right now.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
What I can't understand is why we keep sitting Rakkel? Play him or send him to his team. There's only a certain limit to which practicing with an NHL team is better than playing with a junior team.

Also, could it be possible that BB is sitting Vatanen because he wants a "fresh" defenseman for tomorrows game and Lovejoy will sit then?
It's certainly possible. Boudreau may also feel that Dallas just isn't as good a match-up for Vatanen.

No idea on Rakell. They might still want to see some other players first. Once they send Rakell down, he can't return until his junior season is over.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Fallenity

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
It's certainly possible. Boudreau may also feel that Dallas just isn't as good a match-up for Vatanen.

No idea on Rakell. They might still want to see some other players first. Once they send Rakell down, he can't return until his junior season is over.
I knew I spelled Rakell's name wrong, should have checked it first >.<

I guess it's a good thing Vatanen doesn't play, otherwise all the Finnish media outlets would be filled tommorow with headlines of how the "Veteran Jagr schooled Vatanen" in a similar move that happened last game.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I'd say he brings a lot more size to the table. 6'2 220 pounds compared to around 5'10, 180 pounds max. He's a great skater for a guy of his size as well although not quite on Vatanens level.
Our Defensive core is big enough without him.
Vatanen had a good game against Colorado. I highly doubt Lovejoy is going to be any better.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

I think getting undressed and literally falling on his ass by Kopecky means that BB doesn't trust Vatanen against someone who should be able to legitimately undress him like Jagr or Benn. Less chance of that sort of thing vs the Blues forwards. Also, Lovejoy is bigger - Jagr/Benn would just pick Vatanen up, put him on their back, and carry him to the goal.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:51 PM
eenok*

BB tonight w high RISK jeopardise teams winning streak. w FASTH AND VATANEN OUT and w LOVEJOY ,LYDMAN,HILLER INSTEAD!!!.....HARD GAME TONIGHT...i say no float IN GAME TONIGHT!!! . i know hockey quality!..............

.....I CAN HELP TEAM FOR PERFECTIONISM , can give advise for players during practise , WHO TO PLAY WITH etc, even BB would be amazed and have wake up feeling of EENOKs superism.

please PM if organisation contacts in your favor and team future OF GREAT IMPORTANCE. EENOK WAS NAME. LEGEND CALLED by BIGGEST enemy

EENOK/IL,Finland

Last edited by eenok*: 02-08-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
huge*

Send a message via MSN to huge* Send a message via Skype™ to huge*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I wouldn't yet. He'll come around - he's just been rusty and his timing is off right now.
Any idea what his problem is? He doesn't look like himself. Has like no hits or pims either. Seems very unmotivated for some reason. It's disappointing, I'm a leaf fan (which is disappointing enough), but perry has always been my favorite player.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Our Defensive core is big enough without him.
Vatanen had a good game against Colorado. I highly doubt Lovejoy is going to be any better.
It depends on what Boudreau wants out of Lovejoy. This is about playing roles.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:59 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Starting to get really frustrated with this Rakell business. What kind of prospect management is it not letting him play at any level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesko View Post
Seems that people are either raving about Vatanen or having an opposite reaction to it, which ends up with the polarized opinions on him. To me, it's clear that he's not physically, and maybe mentally, ready for the his role his skill level and size mandate, but there's no denying that he has constantly been making good moves with the puck, especially in moving it out of the defensive zone. I don't think it's reaching to think that sitting him (with Fowler gone) could hurt our transition game.
This. I almost think it's desperation to see something that isn't there. Or overreacting to plays that all players should be making anyway. Exactly what you see when there's a new blue chipper on a Canadian team. That player making a simple tape to tape pass = elite passing ability. For example. Vatanen has not been great and he still needs work. These good plays he's making indicate potential. Not elite nhl ready talent.

Closed Thread