HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ana (7-1-1) @ Texas Guys (5-5-1): Battle of the Greybeards

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 05:02 PM
  #101
eenok*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Hmmm

eenok* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:03 PM
  #102
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out
 
Bruins Stooge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hartford County CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 500
Greetings from Blizzard-Snowy Connecticut

Confirming Hiller in tonight?

I have Hiller on my fantasy team. Thinking about playing him tonight, dropping him tomorrow and picking up Fasth for that game.

You guys see Fasth and Hiller splitting 50-50 for now on? Fasth taking over? Hiller keeping his #1 spot?

Thanks!

Bruins Stooge is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:03 PM
  #103
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by huge View Post
Any idea what his problem is? He doesn't look like himself. Has like no hits or pims either. Seems very unmotivated for some reason. It's disappointing, I'm a leaf fan (which is disappointing enough), but perry has always been my favorite player.
As I said - rust. He's not up to speed. While most other Ducks players were training with other NHLers during the lockout Perry was training with the London Knights - hardly good enough competition for someone of his caliber.

Paul4587 is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:04 PM
  #104
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I think getting undressed and literally falling on his ass by Kopecky means that BB doesn't trust Vatanen against someone who should be able to legitimately undress him like Jagr or Benn. Less chance of that sort of thing vs the Blues forwards. Also, Lovejoy is bigger - Jagr/Benn would just pick Vatanen up, put him on their back, and carry him to the goal.
Yep. It also helps to see what we've got with our new defenseman. Sami has gotten burned in nearly every game he's played so far, so if we can ice someone that isn't as risky, we're going to do that.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
  #105
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,490
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Greetings from Blizzard-Snowy Connecticut

Confirming Hiller in tonight?

I have Hiller on my fantasy team. Thinking about playing him tonight, dropping him tomorrow and picking up Fasth for that game.

You guys see Fasth and Hiller splitting 50-50 for now on? Fasth taking over? Hiller keeping his #1 spot?

Thanks!
Well, it's really up to Boudreau and what he thinks of Hiller. He's clearly not shy about going with the hot hand, but at the same time I think he realizes that Hiller needs to play if he's going to shake off the rust. I'd expect them to split it until Hiller takes over. Of course, if Fasth keeps it up and Hiller doesn't find his game, who knows?

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
  #106
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Ditto. He just seemed to step into the AHL so seamlessly. I'd love to see how he looks in the NHL. If he doesn't look ready, he can always head back.
I dont think ive ever been excited about a ducks prospect as i am about lindhom.

And i was/am pretty excited about rakell, maybe fowler but thats more cause i didnt think we had a shot at him at all.

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
  #107
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey
 
Crescent Street's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 500
It's pretty obvious everyone is caught up in the moment with Vatanen. Any time someone tries to point out a deficiency, (obvious ones) it goes completely ignored onto the next hur dur post with Vatanen.

Crescent Street is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
  #108
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
NO VATANEN?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

W T F !!! !!! !!!

STILL SBISA, STILL LYDMAN!

STILL ALLEN, STILL VOTEJOY!



I JUST DONT GET IT!

TONIGTH ANAHEIM LOOSE W VACUUMMACHINE HILLER AND BAD, REALLY BAD DEFENSE!!!


IF VATANEN AMERICAN WOULD PLAY KEEROLE FROM START OF NHL CAREER!!! PROMISE!

vatanen make everything right = bench.

sbisa,lydman,allen etc HAS RIGHT TO REMAIN BAD DEFENSMAN, WHY!?


EENOK/IL , Finland
The Ducks are 3-1-1 when neither Vatanen nor Fasth play.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:12 PM
  #109
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damn skippy View Post
the ducks are 3-1-1 when neither vatanen nor fasth play.
4-0 > 3-1-1

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM
  #110
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
4-0 > 3-1-1
Uh huh. He said we're guaranteed to lose tonight since both players are out. We're not.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM
  #111
eenok*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
The Ducks are 3-1-1 when neither Vatanen nor Fasth play.

W VATANEN ON ICE NO PLAyING IN OWN ZOUN! AND W VATANEN ON ICE, OPPONENT FEELING LOOSE IN PANTS!

IF/WHILE PLAYING IN OWN ZOUN,. VATANEN EASILY PLAYS , SKATES PUCK OUT OF ZOUN W GREAT ATLETICS. SEE GAME? DIDNT THINK SO. THANK YOU


VATANEN PLAYING SO GREAT AND MOST PEOPLE IT SEE , while we see , we very happy, = superstar

EENOK/IL, Finland

eenok* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:17 PM
  #112
44
Registered User
 
44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
It depends on what Boudreau wants out of Lovejoy. This is about playing roles.
I guess it's allright if BB wants to try a more defensive minded 3rd pair during this road trip.

44 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:17 PM
  #113
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
W VATANEN ON ICE NO PLAyING IN OWN ZOUN! AND W VATANEN ON ICE, OPPONENT FEELING LOOSE IN PANTS!

IF/WHILE PLAYING IN OWN ZOUN,. VATANEN EASILY PLAYS , SKATES PUCK OUT OF ZOUN W GREAT ATLETICS. SEE GAME? DIDNT THINK SO. THANK YOU


VATANEN PLAYING SO GREAT AND MOST PEOPLE IT SEE , while we see , we very happy, = superstar

EENOK/IL, Finland
No, he doesn't. Most often the opposition closes faster than he expects and then he tries and fails to skate out of it, or dumps it away.

On defense, if he loses the footrace he's ****ed, because he can't win a physical battle against anyone other than Tyler Ennis.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:18 PM
  #114
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,490
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I dont think ive ever been excited about a ducks prospect as i am about lindhom.

And i was/am pretty excited about rakell, maybe fowler but thats more cause i didnt think we had a shot at him at all.
We almost didn't have time to be excited about Fowler. He fell to us, and there was a collective "Holy ****!" and then the next thing we know he's playing full time in the NHL. Ideally, he would have spent the next season in Windsor, and come back the next season stronger and better equipped for his rookie season. I bet there would have been a ton of hype surrounding him in that situation.

We've had more time to get excited about Rakell, and his performance during the couple of games he has doesn't hurt. Less with Lindholm, but Anaheim made it clear they love the kid, and then he impressed during rookie camp, and we got to see him in the AHL where he seemed to quickly become Norfolk's best defenseman. It was a small sample size, but a very encouraging one, especially considering his age.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:18 PM
  #115
kducks
Duck Off
 
kducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 21,191
vCash: 1417
What's our record since our crazy Finn Eenok starting showing up in the GDT?

kducks is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:21 PM
  #116
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,490
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
No, he doesn't. Most often the opposition closes faster than he expects and then he tries and fails to skate out of it, or dumps it away.

On defense, if he loses the footrace he's ****ed, because he can't win a physical battle against anyone other than Tyler Ennis.
I think Vatanen's speed has been a tad overrated too. He hasn't shown that separation ability that you'd expect to hear when people say "He'll be your best and/or fastest skater."

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:23 PM
  #117
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 View Post
I guess it's allright if BB wants to try a more defensive minded 3rd pair during this road trip.
What Murray expects from Lovejoy:
Quote:
When I talked to Bob, he said hes been watching me for awhile. My first year in Wilkes-Barre (of the AHL), we played a playoff series against the Portland Pirates (former Anaheim AHL affiliate), and he said that ever since then, hes been trying to get me. It was a very positive conversation and he said he wants me to be aggressive and use my skating, and that theyre excited to have me. Im excited to be here.
How Lovejoy describes himself:
Quote:
My goal is to make my skating a factor. Im a guy who wants to be difficult to play against by being great positionally and moving my feet. My goal is to not get scored on. Im not a physically punishing defenseman, though I dont shy away from it. My goal is to keep players to the outside and play solid defense and use my skating to join in the rush when I can.
Lovejoy is Parros-level well spoken.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:24 PM
  #118
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,490
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 View Post
I guess it's allright if BB wants to try a more defensive minded 3rd pair during this road trip.
I do think that's what he wants, and as the visiting team he'll have less control over who Vatanen plays against.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:27 PM
  #119
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
We almost didn't have time to be excited about Fowler. He fell to us, and there was a collective "Holy ****!" and then the next thing we know he's playing full time in the NHL. Ideally, he would have spent the next season in Windsor, and come back the next season stronger and better equipped for his rookie season. I bet there would have been a ton of hype surrounding him in that situation.

We've had more time to get excited about Rakell, and his performance during the couple of games he has doesn't hurt. Less with Lindholm, but Anaheim made it clear they love the kid, and then he impressed during rookie camp, and we got to see him in the AHL where he seemed to quickly become Norfolk's best defenseman. It was a small sample size, but a very encouraging one, especially considering his age.
Did they ever say who our 12th pick would have been if fowler wasn't available. I had a suspicion it would have been emerson etem who we got at 29th which was a drop also.

also dead on in what you said.

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:27 PM
  #120
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I think Vatanen's speed has been a tad overrated too. He hasn't shown that separation ability that you'd expect to hear when people say "He'll be your best and/or fastest skater."
I agree, but then again I can't think of a situation where he'd really have skated flat out, because like I implied earlier, he's not around the puck much.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
  #121
eenok*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
vatanen is best DEFENSMAN anaheim has got up in years..IF NOT ALL TIME! CLEAR SUPERSTAR!, you will sing along and Clap your hands for him in game soon othervise you look stupid at HONDA! TRUST ME!

EENOK/IL , Finland

eenok* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:31 PM
  #122
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,490
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Did they ever say who our 12th pick would have been if fowler wasn't available. I had a suspicion it would have been emerson etem who we got at 29th which was a drop also.

also dead on in what you said.
I think the general consensus is that we would have grabbed Etem. Gormley would have been next on my list(but I believe he was expected to go higher too).

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:32 PM
  #123
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,490
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
vatanen is best DEFENSMAN anaheim has got up in years..IF NOT ALL TIME! CLEAR SUPERSTAR!

EENOK/IL , Finland


Not. Even. Close.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:38 PM
  #124
Eddie Shack
Registered User
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Did they ever say who our 12th pick would have been if fowler wasn't available. I had a suspicion it would have been emerson etem who we got at 29th which was a drop also.
Since Etem's jersey had his name on it and Fowler's didn't I think it's a safe bet Emmo was their anticipated pick at 12.

Eddie Shack is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:56 PM
  #125
Eddie Shack
Registered User
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,882
vCash: 500
I think it may be time for eenok's 15 minutes of fame to start slowly sinking into the sunset.

Eddie Shack is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.