HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Pittsburgher Thread: We'll Have A Gay Old Time

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 04:46 PM
End of Line
Human After All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Good year for high school criminals, eh?
Oh you,

Saw where McShay has us taking Jonathan Hankins in his latest mock draft.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
02-07-2013, 04:57 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Oh you,

Saw where McShay has us taking Jonathan Hankins in his latest mock draft.
...yay

Old
02-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Yeah, I saw that. Mel has us taking Ansah.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
In Montana news that nobody but me cares about - the Griz are set to get new jerseys next year, which is no surprise as we always get new jerseys every 3 years...but the AD has used the term "mixing and matching" to describe the plan.

I wish you could see the horror on my face.

I loathed our past jersey set...but this is all-out terror. We're a child of Nike - one of their higher ups was a Montana grad so we get to be blessed with being a Nike testing ground for their awful, eye-murdering designs, so the idea of mixing and matching, by far my most hated new element of jersey designs these days, just has me in full terror mode.

Montana State is also getting all new stuff this year, including a new logo...which has me worried that my beloved classy Grizzly is going to be thrown to the curb for some ******** 'edgy' garbage soon.

I wish Nike would stop existing.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
02-08-2013, 01:41 AM
WarriorScholar

Ansah would be a risk, but man if he pans out....could be steal of draft. Problem is, with our less than stellar drafting on the d side lately, we don't really have that luxury. Another problem is 3-4 . He compares to Pierre-Paul for a reason. We would once again be taking a guy who is better suited for 4-3.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:44 AM
DockEllisExperience

Wasn't sure where to post this, but Tim Benz had a melt down and quit the X Morning Show around 10 this morning. The Pens Blog has details.

http://www.thepensblog.com/

Old
02-08-2013, 12:19 PM
JTG

I was listening to the X this morning at work, but I completely missed this.

Old
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
End of Line
Human After All

With Ansah playing at BYU, he could be 30 for all we know. Lol.

Old
02-08-2013, 02:26 PM
regard

Ive never much cared for Tim Benz. I only hear a portion of the show early in the morning before work. He spends far more time complaining about his own listeners then I care to hear.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:17 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Liriano passed a physical finally. So the signing is official, for the 3rd or 4th time?

So our rotation is:
Burnett
McDonald
Karstens
Wandy
Locke or McPherson or Sanchez

With Liriano and hopefully Cole arriving midseason. Has potential to be a pretty good situation.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
Liriano passed a physical finally. So the signing is official, for the 3rd or 4th time?

So our rotation is:
Burnett
McDonald
Karstens
Wandy
Locke or McPherson or Sanchez

With Liriano and hopefully Cole arriving midseason. Has potential to be a pretty good situation.
Liriano won't start?

I would take Morton in the rotation over Karstens.

EDIT: Oh, didn't think of his injury. Nevermind.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
WarriorScholar

Liriano should be ready just in time for jmacs annual drop off.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:02 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Oh yeah, I forgot about Morton too. That's a lot of options.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
In the 'nobody cares files'...Jacksonville changed their logo without anyone realizing it, apparently.

Seems rather...unnecessary.
I had to look at the before and after and I actually like the changes. They dumped a lot of the teal in favor of the gold a bit more and the jaguar itself looks a bit better and less cheesy.

On a different note the Uconn Husky is apparently getting a revamp so that the happy dog is going to look mean. I hate the trend of having to make every mascot look mean, I expect the worst.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:47 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Yeah I actually dig the new Jags logo, it looks more like an actual jaguar instead of a cartoon. I doubt the unis will live up to it, though they couldn't possibly get any worse.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:05 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Ive never much cared for Tim Benz. I only hear a portion of the show early in the morning before work. He spends far more time complaining about his own listeners then I care to hear.
I can agree with that. The guys at work listen to him in the morning, and honestly, his show consists of him smack talking the people who call in (even if he probably should).

I just find it funny he's talking about splitting personal beliefs and being on the air, but 99.999% of the time...he starts it.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:59 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I had to look at the before and after and I actually like the changes. They dumped a lot of the teal in favor of the gold a bit more and the jaguar itself looks a bit better and less cheesy.

On a different note the Uconn Husky is apparently getting a revamp so that the happy dog is going to look mean. I hate the trend of having to make every mascot look mean, I expect the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
Yeah I actually dig the new Jags logo, it looks more like an actual jaguar instead of a cartoon. I doubt the unis will live up to it, though they couldn't possibly get any worse.
I'm liking the new logo too. Aren't the Dolphins supposed to unveil a new logo this offseason as well?

Edit - Is this legit? If so I definitely liked the old one better.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

I don't know why, but when I look at the updated Jaguars logo I just feel like I'm looking at a bad high school team logo.

Mind you the prior logo was nothing great or even good itself, but it felt like a mid-90s NFL team at least.

The Dolphins new logo will inevitably be a minor downgrade (I don't know if it'll be the exact logo in that helmet, but it should be close...it's expected to follow a similar artistic angle as the Marlins...which are the last team anyone should be looking towards for ideas about how anything should be done) and the UConn news is nothing short of depressing. The smiling husky is an icon. An angry husky is nothing more than a wolf with brain damage.

edit: The Jags re-do actually doubled the amount of teal in it at the very least. The eyes went from white to teal and the nose from black to teal...then throw in that the tongue is larger.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 02-08-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old
02-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

both logo changes, jacksonville and miami, are terrible. The Jags logo looks sooo much more cartoony and childish. The dolphins logo was classic, the new one looks pretty stupid imo. But I guess this is what terrible franchises do, change logos and uniforms for a temporary boost of attention.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I want the Steelers to troll everyone and come out wearing jerseys with Steely McBeam on them next year

Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I want the Steelers to troll everyone and come out wearing jerseys with Steely McBeam on them next year

Old
02-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Gooch

Quote:
I don't know why, but when I look at the updated Jaguars logo I just feel like I'm looking at a bad high school team logo.

Mind you the prior logo was nothing great or even good itself, but it felt like a mid-90s NFL team at least.

The Dolphins new logo will inevitably be a minor downgrade (I don't know if it'll be the exact logo in that helmet, but it should be close...it's expected to follow a similar artistic angle as the Marlins...which are the last team anyone should be looking towards for ideas about how anything should be done) and the UConn news is nothing short of depressing. The smiling husky is an icon. An angry husky is nothing more than a wolf with brain damage.

edit: The Jags re-do actually doubled the amount of teal in it at the very least. The eyes went from white to teal and the nose from black to teal...then throw in that the tongue is larger.
The logo of the Jags I saw had the words Jacksonville Jaguars along with the picture of the Jaguar and compared the two. The new one changes one of the words from being in Teal to being in Gold so there might be a little more teal on the picture of the jaguar but less in the font and that might translate to more gold on the jerseys and less teal, we'll see when they unveil it.

Uconn's change is probably a reaction to being jobbed the last few go arounds in conference realignment and they're struggling to try to remain relevant to perspective recruits. The kids these days like the angrier logos for some stupid reason.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Kids are stupid, that's why.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Kids are stupid, that's why.
its a damn shame that you don't have a lawn

Old
02-10-2013, 09:41 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Cole, how'd you like to see these two in a Steelers uniform sometime? Highly unlikely though as they'll be top 10 picks.

Closed Thread