HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Pittsburgher Thread: We'll Have A Gay Old Time

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 04:46 PM
  #726
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Good year for high school criminals, eh?
Oh you,

Saw where McShay has us taking Jonathan Hankins in his latest mock draft.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:57 PM
  #727
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Oh you,

Saw where McShay has us taking Jonathan Hankins in his latest mock draft.
...yay

JTG is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 06:52 PM
  #728
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,459
vCash: 500
Yeah, I saw that. Mel has us taking Ansah.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:25 AM
  #729
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,234
vCash: 422
In Montana news that nobody but me cares about - the Griz are set to get new jerseys next year, which is no surprise as we always get new jerseys every 3 years...but the AD has used the term "mixing and matching" to describe the plan.

I wish you could see the horror on my face.

I loathed our past jersey set...but this is all-out terror. We're a child of Nike - one of their higher ups was a Montana grad so we get to be blessed with being a Nike testing ground for their awful, eye-murdering designs, so the idea of mixing and matching, by far my most hated new element of jersey designs these days, just has me in full terror mode.

Montana State is also getting all new stuff this year, including a new logo...which has me worried that my beloved classy Grizzly is going to be thrown to the curb for some ******** 'edgy' garbage soon.

I wish Nike would stop existing.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:41 AM
  #730
WarriorScholar
Registered User
 
WarriorScholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,007
vCash: 500
Ansah would be a risk, but man if he pans out....could be steal of draft. Problem is, with our less than stellar drafting on the d side lately, we don't really have that luxury. Another problem is 3-4 . He compares to Pierre-Paul for a reason. We would once again be taking a guy who is better suited for 4-3.

WarriorScholar is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:44 AM
  #731
DockEllisExperience
Registered User
 
DockEllisExperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Wasn't sure where to post this, but Tim Benz had a melt down and quit the X Morning Show around 10 this morning. The Pens Blog has details.

http://www.thepensblog.com/

DockEllisExperience is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:19 PM
  #732
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,674
vCash: 500
I was listening to the X this morning at work, but I completely missed this.

JTG is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
  #733
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
With Ansah playing at BYU, he could be 30 for all we know. Lol.

End of Line is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 02:26 PM
  #734
regard
Registered User
 
regard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Staal Debates
Country: United States
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Ive never much cared for Tim Benz. I only hear a portion of the show early in the morning before work. He spends far more time complaining about his own listeners then I care to hear.

regard is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 03:17 PM
  #735
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days
 
bathroomSTAAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: **** Mountain
Country: United States
Posts: 9,922
vCash: 500
Liriano passed a physical finally. So the signing is official, for the 3rd or 4th time?

So our rotation is:
Burnett
McDonald
Karstens
Wandy
Locke or McPherson or Sanchez

With Liriano and hopefully Cole arriving midseason. Has potential to be a pretty good situation.

bathroomSTAAL is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
  #736
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
Liriano passed a physical finally. So the signing is official, for the 3rd or 4th time?

So our rotation is:
Burnett
McDonald
Karstens
Wandy
Locke or McPherson or Sanchez

With Liriano and hopefully Cole arriving midseason. Has potential to be a pretty good situation.
Liriano won't start?

I would take Morton in the rotation over Karstens.

EDIT: Oh, didn't think of his injury. Nevermind.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
  #737
WarriorScholar
Registered User
 
WarriorScholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,007
vCash: 500
Liriano should be ready just in time for jmacs annual drop off.

WarriorScholar is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:02 PM
  #738
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days
 
bathroomSTAAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: **** Mountain
Country: United States
Posts: 9,922
vCash: 500
Oh yeah, I forgot about Morton too. That's a lot of options.

bathroomSTAAL is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
  #739
Gooch
Registered User
 
Gooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 13,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
In the 'nobody cares files'...Jacksonville changed their logo without anyone realizing it, apparently.



Seems rather...unnecessary.
I had to look at the before and after and I actually like the changes. They dumped a lot of the teal in favor of the gold a bit more and the jaguar itself looks a bit better and less cheesy.

On a different note the Uconn Husky is apparently getting a revamp so that the happy dog is going to look mean. I hate the trend of having to make every mascot look mean, I expect the worst.

Gooch is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:47 PM
  #740
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days
 
bathroomSTAAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: **** Mountain
Country: United States
Posts: 9,922
vCash: 500
Yeah I actually dig the new Jags logo, it looks more like an actual jaguar instead of a cartoon. I doubt the unis will live up to it, though they couldn't possibly get any worse.

bathroomSTAAL is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:05 PM
  #741
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Ive never much cared for Tim Benz. I only hear a portion of the show early in the morning before work. He spends far more time complaining about his own listeners then I care to hear.
I can agree with that. The guys at work listen to him in the morning, and honestly, his show consists of him smack talking the people who call in (even if he probably should).

I just find it funny he's talking about splitting personal beliefs and being on the air, but 99.999% of the time...he starts it.

JTG is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:59 PM
  #742
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I had to look at the before and after and I actually like the changes. They dumped a lot of the teal in favor of the gold a bit more and the jaguar itself looks a bit better and less cheesy.

On a different note the Uconn Husky is apparently getting a revamp so that the happy dog is going to look mean. I hate the trend of having to make every mascot look mean, I expect the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
Yeah I actually dig the new Jags logo, it looks more like an actual jaguar instead of a cartoon. I doubt the unis will live up to it, though they couldn't possibly get any worse.
I'm liking the new logo too. Aren't the Dolphins supposed to unveil a new logo this offseason as well?

Edit - Is this legit? If so I definitely liked the old one better.


AgentM is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:23 PM
  #743
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,234
vCash: 422
I don't know why, but when I look at the updated Jaguars logo I just feel like I'm looking at a bad high school team logo.

Mind you the prior logo was nothing great or even good itself, but it felt like a mid-90s NFL team at least.


The Dolphins new logo will inevitably be a minor downgrade (I don't know if it'll be the exact logo in that helmet, but it should be close...it's expected to follow a similar artistic angle as the Marlins...which are the last team anyone should be looking towards for ideas about how anything should be done) and the UConn news is nothing short of depressing. The smiling husky is an icon. An angry husky is nothing more than a wolf with brain damage.

edit: The Jags re-do actually doubled the amount of teal in it at the very least. The eyes went from white to teal and the nose from black to teal...then throw in that the tongue is larger.


Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 02-08-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 09:56 AM
  #744
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres
 
Zatch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Johnstown
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 404
vCash: 500
both logo changes, jacksonville and miami, are terrible. The Jags logo looks sooo much more cartoony and childish. The dolphins logo was classic, the new one looks pretty stupid imo. But I guess this is what terrible franchises do, change logos and uniforms for a temporary boost of attention.

Zatch88 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:25 AM
  #745
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,485
vCash: 500
I want the Steelers to troll everyone and come out wearing jerseys with Steely McBeam on them next year

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:32 AM
  #746
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I want the Steelers to troll everyone and come out wearing jerseys with Steely McBeam on them next year

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 01:42 PM
  #747
Gooch
Registered User
 
Gooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 13,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I don't know why, but when I look at the updated Jaguars logo I just feel like I'm looking at a bad high school team logo.

Mind you the prior logo was nothing great or even good itself, but it felt like a mid-90s NFL team at least.


The Dolphins new logo will inevitably be a minor downgrade (I don't know if it'll be the exact logo in that helmet, but it should be close...it's expected to follow a similar artistic angle as the Marlins...which are the last team anyone should be looking towards for ideas about how anything should be done) and the UConn news is nothing short of depressing. The smiling husky is an icon. An angry husky is nothing more than a wolf with brain damage.

edit: The Jags re-do actually doubled the amount of teal in it at the very least. The eyes went from white to teal and the nose from black to teal...then throw in that the tongue is larger.
The logo of the Jags I saw had the words Jacksonville Jaguars along with the picture of the Jaguar and compared the two. The new one changes one of the words from being in Teal to being in Gold so there might be a little more teal on the picture of the jaguar but less in the font and that might translate to more gold on the jerseys and less teal, we'll see when they unveil it.

Uconn's change is probably a reaction to being jobbed the last few go arounds in conference realignment and they're struggling to try to remain relevant to perspective recruits. The kids these days like the angrier logos for some stupid reason.

Gooch is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 01:48 PM
  #748
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,234
vCash: 422
Kids are stupid, that's why.

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 01:57 PM
  #749
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 32,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Kids are stupid, that's why.
its a damn shame that you don't have a lawn

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 09:41 AM
  #750
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,513
vCash: 500
Cole, how'd you like to see these two in a Steelers uniform sometime? Highly unlikely though as they'll be top 10 picks.



End of Line is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.