HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welp.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:09 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Is this in English anywhere?
White, the bad Scamp

Bookmark and Share
BROSSARD-

Since the arrival of Michel Therrien, a huge slogan that reads 'no excuse' there in the dressing room of the Canadian. Initially, Ryan White was believed to have learned this lesson.

Returning to the game after a purgatory of three meetings, White still won the role of scapegoat in a setback from 5-4 against the Sabres, Thursday, at Buffalo.

"I would bet I could not fall into the trap of indiscipline, but I still did it, whisper White surrounded by a dozen of journalists after the CH optional training, Friday, in Brossard. I still managed to remain disciplined, but I've not done many times this season. Each time, I did poorly in the team. »

White chose the right words. Actually, he did wrong to the Habs in the third period against the Sabres. With a score of 4-2, the Canadian headed quietly to a seventh victory in only ten games. This was before the number 53 brain cramp and its four minutes for roughing penalty against Steve Ott.

"Ott is a smart guy, he has always played the role of agitator in the NHL and has managed to lure me to the punishment bench, recalled the Manitoban. He hit me low, but I have not responded. I thought that he wanted to hit me in the knee and I reacted badly. I acted in a selfish way, I put my personal interests ahead of the team. The Sabres have resumed life in scoring a goal during my four penalty minutes. »

The good line

Recognized as a combative player, White spent almost as much time on the bench of the punishment this year than on the ice. In seven games, he played a total of 64 min 02 sec, but he visited the Dungeon for 46 minutes.

"It is true that the line is thin between the passion and the discipline, he acknowledged. Maybe, I should ask someone to to draw me the line for help or receive a book of games in this regard. I can only say that I'm an emotional player and I play with my heart, but for some time, my heart led me to bad decisions. »

After a little hesitation, he launched this small sentence.

'I do not know what to say except that I'm probably a bad boy', he said.

Low head

After a flight that was to him seem endless between Buffalo and Montreal and a short night's sleep, White has logically participated in the optional training of the team. Upon his arrival on the ice, many of the veterans of the team have slipped from small words in the ear.

"I had the bass head upon my arrival on the ice this morning, but the veterans told me up to the head and to forget the incident, said White. There's a good team spirit in this room. »

In press conference, Michel Therrien was not as angry as the day before against his centre of fourth trio.

I talked to Ryan very early this morning, said the head coach. For me, it comes to housekeeping. I want to keep it between him and me. »

White will be a few more days to think about his actions. Although Therrien did not confirm this, number 53 will not face the Maple Leafs, Saturday, at the Bell Centre.

It is White himself who said that he will return on the media gateway.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...vais-garnement

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:10 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I love Bing Translator.

"I had the bass head upon my arrival on the ice this morning, but the veterans told me up to the head and to forget the incident, said White. There's a good team spirit in this room."

came from

J’avais la tête basse à mon arrivée sur la glace ce matin, mais les vétérans m’ont dit de me relever la tête et d’oublier cet incident, a expliqué White. Il y a un bon esprit d’équipe dans cette chambre.

What is a bass head?
Goat horns??

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Is this in English anywhere?
I know a little French but not enough to read an article like the one above.

This is the site I use to translate from French to English. Just enter the site's URL that you want translated and it does it for you.

Hope this helps.

http://www.bing.com/translator/

Old
02-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Yep.

Just like Ryan O'Byrne had no toobox and was press boxed and basically given away.

Meanwhile, he is playing decent D at Colorado and we see posts and threads about the need to have more DMen here who are capable of clearing the crease.

6' 5" 234 lbs. Ryan sends his regards.

Damn, a lot of people are living up to the perception that Montreal has the most reactionary fans in all of sports (not just hockey).
If you think Ryan O'Byrne is playing decently I recommend not reading the Avs board anytime soon.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:12 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
I know a little French but not enough to read an article like the one above.

This is the site I use to translate from French to English. Just enter the site's URL that you want translated and it does it for you.

Hope this helps.

http://www.bing.com/translator/
Merci

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:17 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If you think Ryan O'Byrne is playing decently I recommend not reading the Avs board anytime soon.
There are whining fans on every board for every team for pretty much every player.

O'Byrne's + - is a zero. He is not setting the world on fire nor is he hurting the team.

We dont need O'Byrne to be a top 4 DMan here. However, OB has the size on D that this team lacks now and who knows.......he probably would have shoved Ott out of the crease last night and we would have won.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
There are whining fans on every board for every team for pretty much every player.

O'Byrne's + - is a zero. He is not setting the world on fire nor is he hurting the team.

We dont need O'Byrne to be a top 4 DMan here. However, OB has the size on D that this team lacks now and who knows.......he probably would have shoved Ott out of the crease last night and we would have won.
The only reason his +/- is zero is because he's not trusted against any serious competition. I want a bigger defense but O'Byrne has such a low hockey IQ he probably would fail at even clearing he crease correctly. He's a below average bottom pairing guy, we can get a better player by trading scraps for Douglas Murray or something. Trade Weber and a 5th if you have to.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
I love Bing Translator.

"I had the bass head upon my arrival on the ice this morning, but the veterans told me up to the head and to forget the incident, said White. There's a good team spirit in this room."

came from

J’avais la tête basse à mon arrivée sur la glace ce matin, mais les vétérans m’ont dit de me relever la tête et d’oublier cet incident, a expliqué White. Il y a un bon esprit d’équipe dans cette chambre.

What is a bass head?
Bass Head

Or

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
LePoche69

White is still a young player learning to play his game. Some needs to learn how to play in their zone... Some needs to learn how to play in a system... He needs to learn to control his temper.

The same happened to Chris Nilan when he was young. Gainey and Carbo helped him and he turned into a very nice 10-15 goals scorer, pest and fighter.

If Habs are patient, in a few years, White could very well turn out to be a Prust. And he allready brings more to the game than Armstrong or Moen.

I think that Therrien was too harsh on him in the media. Sure, he has all the right to be mad at him. But he's still a kid. Don't do that in front of the reporters.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
White is still a young player learning to play his game. Some needs to learn how to play in their zone... Some needs to learn how to play in a system... He needs to learn to control his temper.

The same happened to Chris Nilan when he was young. Gainey and Carbo helped him and he turned into a very nice 10-15 goals scorer, pest and fighter.

If Habs are patient, in a few years, White could very well turn out to be a Prust. And he allready brings more to the game than Armstrong or Moen.

I think that Therrien was too harsh on him in the media. Sure, he has all the right to be mad at him. But he's still a kid. Don't do that in front of the reporters.
No, no he doesn't.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
True Tick and Tin

you know what? I'm disappointed we lost so %$#@-ily last night but I'm not upset at White. His role on the team is a physical enforcer type. I know we all loved it when he stood up for PK and fought Boychuk two years ago. that's what White brings to the team, a bit of raw aggressivity and (usually) violent justice, something we badly needed in the Gainey/Gauthier years.

he goofed up, like young players do. it cost us, but he's learning to play his role too. no worse than a young defenseman giving up a breakaway to a shifty forward on the power play.

call me crazy, I'd have a good talk with White but I would also slot him in against Toronto. he seems to get the message with all the genuine contrition he is showing anyways.

True Tick and Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Prendan Brust

Lol, just read the thread. People are crazy here, what an overreaction! We're still 6-2-1! People were expecting a bottom feeder, we're way better than that, even in our losses!

Prendan Brust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post
lol, just read the thread. People are crazy here, what an overreaction! We're still 6-2-1! People were expecting a bottom feeder, we're way better than that, even in our losses!
6-3-1

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:01 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Bass Head

Or

Excellent.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:04 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The only reason his +/- is zero is because he's not trusted against any serious competition. I want a bigger defense but O'Byrne has such a low hockey IQ he probably would fail at even clearing he crease correctly. He's a below average bottom pairing guy, we can get a better player by trading scraps for Douglas Murray or something. Trade Weber and a 5th if you have to.
I am not advocating getting O'Byrne back. We can and will find a better player for our D during the offseason.

My point is that OB was run out of Montreal for making a few "mistakes" and he could have helped this team, including this season.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Et le But

Quote:
I am not advocating getting O'Byrne back. We can and will find a better player for our D during the offseason.

My point is that OB was run out of Montreal for making a few "mistakes" and he could have helped this team, including this season.
I don't think White is as mentally weak as OB, so I think he can handle being benched without it ruining his career.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Prendan Brust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
6-3-1
My point remains.

Prendan Brust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Dharvey33

Google always translates literally and it ain't pretty.

Tête basse= Bass head wtf

You can't really translates literally.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:05 PM
clarke19

I must say Budaj is not doing this team any favours. His rebound control is horrible. Maybe I'm spoiled watching Price, but watching Budaj lob rebounds into the slot and not be able to cover or relay them to safe areas is what made Buffalo's shots and scoring chances high last night.

And you can't let in basically the first shot you see after a goal, twice. He took the wind out of their sails.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
I must say Budaj is not doing this team any favours. His rebound control is horrible. Maybe I'm spoiled watching Price, but watching Budaj lob rebounds into the slot and not be able to cover or relay them to safe areas is what made Buffalo's shots and scoring chances high last night.

And you can't let in basically the first shot you see after a goal, twice. He took the wind out of their sails.
I agree, I also read today that Ottawa is willing to deal there backup Bishop. Maybe he is the upgrade we need

Pigems* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:16 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
I agree, I also read today that Ottawa is willing to deal there backup Bishop. Maybe he is the upgrade we need
Quick! To the trade proposal thread!

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Pigems*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
After the 2 games Budaj has played one has to think MB has to be as least thinking about making some calls or something

Pigems* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:55 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimer11 View Post
you know what? I'm disappointed we lost so %$#@-ily last night but I'm not upset at White. His role on the team is a physical enforcer type. I know we all loved it when he stood up for PK and fought Boychuk two years ago. that's what White brings to the team, a bit of raw aggressivity and (usually) violent justice, something we badly needed in the Gainey/Gauthier years.

he goofed up, like young players do. it cost us, but he's learning to play his role too. no worse than a young defenseman giving up a breakaway to a shifty forward on the power play.

call me crazy, I'd have a good talk with White but I would also slot him in against Toronto. he seems to get the message with all the genuine contrition he is showing anyways.
White is more of a pest than an enforcer imo. You want your enforcers to be able to command respect for fear of pugilism, White is more like Carcillo or Lapierre.

Well actually no let me correct myself, he is TRYING to play an enforcer role, but he isn't built for it.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
Lol, just read the thread. People are crazy here, what an overreaction! We're still 6-2-1! People were expecting a bottom feeder, we're way better than that, even in our losses!
I wouldn't call it overreaction, more like just frustration from the fans. We had a 2 goal lead. What White did to Ott gave the Sabres some life. We had all the momentum until White lost his brain. Same with the loss against the Sens a week ago.

Its a short season. Obviously we need all the points we can get and we cant afford to lose such a winnable game.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote