HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2013, 02:38 PM
  #251
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
I'd rather have Quinn or Army serve as ONLY INTERIM for the rest of the year than keep watching Sacco do whatever it is he does.
Unfortunately, the Avs don't do "interim" coaches. Lacroix went out of his way to say Granato was not an interim coach when he introduced him following the Hartley firing.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:50 PM
  #252
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Unfortunately, the Avs don't do "interim" coaches. Lacroix went out of his way to say Granato was not an interim coach when he introduced him following the Hartley firing.
That's because he was his buddy. This situation is different and just because something happens once, doesn't mean it's the norm going forward.

An interim coach like Quinn in mid-march to finish off the season makes a lot of sense if you ask me.

Bender is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
  #253
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 1200
Sacco?

He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm! Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:08 PM
  #254
EdAVSfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kocionthecouch View Post
St. Louis certainly didn't need the full off season when they hired Hitchcock during the season last year. In fact he came in and made an impact within a week or two. Our problem is that there aren't a whole lot of Hitchcock type coaches just sitting at home waiting for a phone call.
Oh I definitely agree. But with the injuries already this season, the ROR fiasco, the serious lack of talent on defense, the last thing you want is for a coach to come in and NOT have a positive impact.

You need players to be 100% committed to the approach. If results dont pan, you sometimes fall back into the slumped feeling that nothing will help.

This season, barring quick recovery of Landeskog and a signing of ROR, doesnt appear to be a good one. Theres no real point in making a change now and throwing a new coach into this crapness of a season, which is highly condensed. They barely have any practice time because of the amount of games in such a short period of time.

EdAVSfan is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
  #255
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,742
vCash: 500
I don't care if they don't fire Sacco till the end of the season, but he should be gone then. But most importantly if he isn't going to wake the **** up and play him then FO needs to step in and send Barrie down.

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:18 PM
  #256
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
That's because he was his buddy. This situation is different and just because something happens once, doesn't mean it's the norm going forward.

An interim coach like Quinn in mid-march to finish off the season makes a lot of sense if you ask me.
I just want them to go with someone permanent who has a proven track record of some sort of success. Not try to catch lightning in a bottle like the Avs tend to do. Granato was totally green. Sacco didn't have a good record in Erie, and neither did Quinn. Now maybe that wasn't their fault, but that's not how you find the guy that will mold your team into a winner. It's time for someone with credentials for a change.

I just hope Pegula gets tired of losing in Buffalo, and goes against what he's said in the past to let go of Ruff. Buffalo is 1-6-1 in their last eight games. Pressure has to be pretty high right now to do something after last season. Then the Avs can break away from this pattern of internal coaches for once I hope.

There's got to be some kind of connection for Ruff and the Avalanche? Somebody's nephew, or ex lover's former roomate of Eric Lacroix or something? I know we can find some sort of connection.

Foppa2118 is online now  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:26 PM
  #257
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 1200
maybe we can give one of the Lacroix's a puppy?


...a puppy named "Ruff"...

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
  #258
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
That's because he was his buddy. This situation is different and just because something happens once, doesn't mean it's the norm going forward.

An interim coach like Quinn in mid-march to finish off the season makes a lot of sense if you ask me.
That would be too late because then they'll just say Quinn didn't have enough time and he deserves a full season or two. Sacco needs to go ASAP and then they can watch Quinn fail miserably for the rest of the season. Maybe then they'll bring in someone new.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
  #259
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche
 
AslanRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wyoming, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
That would be too late because then they'll just say Quinn didn't have enough time and he deserves a full season or two. Sacco needs to go ASAP and then they can watch Quinn fail miserably for the rest of the season. Maybe then they'll bring in someone new.
No reason to justify keeping him if you start by saying it is just to end the season. Gives other potential candidates time to study the team, and unless nothing out there is better (.01% chance of that) Quinn is done after game 48.

Easy-Peasy

AslanRH is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
  #260
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
That's because he was his buddy. This situation is different and just because something happens once, doesn't mean it's the norm going forward.

An interim coach like Quinn in mid-march to finish off the season makes a lot of sense if you ask me.
It makes complete sense. Too bad the Avs have done nothing sensible since the season started.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:28 PM
  #261
Holyhell
'Crumblers'
 
Holyhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Sacco has taken control of my NHL13 Be A Pro team and has Steve Downie as 2nd line C, Paul Stastny as 3rd line RW and won't pull the ******* goalie with 1min left in the game.

Holyhell is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
  #262
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Sacco has taken control of my NHL13 Be A Pro team and has Steve Downie as 2nd line C, Paul Stastny as 3rd line RW and won't pull the ******* goalie with 1min left in the game.
So? You obviously need more scoring from your blueliners.

Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 05:58 PM
  #263
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Sacco has taken control of my NHL13 Be A Pro team and has Steve Downie as 2nd line C, Paul Stastny as 3rd line RW and won't pull the ******* goalie with 1min left in the game.
But in the postgame presser he said he thought the effort was there.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:05 PM
  #264
Holyhell
'Crumblers'
 
Holyhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
So? You obviously need more scoring from your blueliners.
Sherman counters with Craig Zanon and Shane O'Brien as 1st pairing.

Holyhell is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:18 PM
  #265
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Sherman counters with Craig Zanon and Shane O'Brien as 1st pairing.
Is Craig Zanon the name of his beard?

Foppa2118 is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
  #266
Holyhell
'Crumblers'
 
Holyhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Is Craig Zanon the name of his beard?
Hah, ****. Sure, if it saves face. The beard is 92 overall. Great hand-eye and fighting skill.

Update. With 5g and 5a in 4 games Holyhell has been demoted to the 2nd line. Considering the 1st line has 100% of the points right now, this move is seen as a great ploy.


Last edited by Holyhell: 02-08-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Holyhell is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 06:55 PM
  #267
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
I can't wait until they fire Sacco so you guys can start the "Official 20## Fire _____ thread".

Mant* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:38 PM
  #268
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable
 
IceRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Sacco has taken control of my NHL13 Be A Pro team and has Steve Downie as 2nd line C, Paul Stastny as 3rd line RW and won't pull the ******* goalie with 1min left in the game.
time for a virtual bag skate

IceRat is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:24 PM
  #269
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Hah, ****. Sure, if it saves face. The beard is 92 overall. Great hand-eye and fighting skill.

Update. With 5g and 5a in 4 games Holyhell has been demoted to the 2nd line. Considering the 1st line has 100% of the points right now, this move is seen as a great ploy.
I'm pretty sure the Avs sole interest was in Craig Zanon, because I haven't seen a whole lot of reasons so far for why they signed Greg Zanon.

Foppa2118 is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 09:40 PM
  #270
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable
 
IceRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I haven't seen a whole lot of reasons so far for why they signed Greg Zanon.
they thought they'd make the playoffs if they started the season with the beard

IceRat is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
  #271
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRat View Post
they thought they'd make the playoffs if they started the season with the beard
Show the beard some respect, his names Craig. He's got a passport, a social security number, and is a hell of a clutch performer. He's his own entity. He even wears a cup. It's situated under Greg's chin.

Foppa2118 is online now  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:01 PM
  #272
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
I can't wait until they fire Sacco so you guys can start the "Official 20## Fire _____ thread".
The Fire Sherman thread already exists and the next coach in this incestous organisation will be Quinn.

So Official 20## Fire Quinn thread it will be.

I get your point. This organisation has a lot of problems going beyond Sacco. But you just can't deny that he is flat out a horrible coach.
If Quinn also will suck (and I think he will) I will call for his head as well.

Hey. Maybe the current Lake Erie coach is better. It still baffles me how Sacco could get this job with his results in Lake Erie

JoemAvs is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
  #273
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
The Fire Sherman thread already exists and the next coach in this incestous organisation will be Quinn.

So Official 20## Fire Quinn thread it will be.

I get your point. This organisation has a lot of problems going beyond Sacco. But you just can't deny that he is flat out a horrible coach.
If Quinn also will suck (and I think he will) I will call for his head as well.

Hey. Maybe the current Lake Erie coach is better. It still baffles me how Sacco could get this job with his results in Lake Erie
Should we just start speculating who Quinn's replacement will be now then? My vote goes to Matt Hunwick.

Foppa2118 is online now  
Old
02-10-2013, 08:46 AM
  #274
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 16,420
vCash: 500
Any guesses how many games left before Sacco gets fired?

I'd say 10.

Colorado Avalanche is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 10:47 AM
  #275
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,458
vCash: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Any guesses how many games left before Sacco gets fired?

I'd say 10.
he's gonna probably stay for the rest of the season *sigh*. But the good news is that if we keep him we'll probably have a great position at the draft . It's a short season it will over soon . My guess is that they will wait this summer to clean the house * my wish *and start all over again with new peoples . Right now , making a change and replacing him with an* in house * candidate wont change a thing for the present and the near/long future ( except for the draft ) .

Frenchy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.