HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

** Official 2013 Fire Sacco Thread: Part 1 **

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
I'd rather have Quinn or Army serve as ONLY INTERIM for the rest of the year than keep watching Sacco do whatever it is he does.
Unfortunately, the Avs don't do "interim" coaches. Lacroix went out of his way to say Granato was not an interim coach when he introduced him following the Hartley firing.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Unfortunately, the Avs don't do "interim" coaches. Lacroix went out of his way to say Granato was not an interim coach when he introduced him following the Hartley firing.
That's because he was his buddy. This situation is different and just because something happens once, doesn't mean it's the norm going forward.

An interim coach like Quinn in mid-march to finish off the season makes a lot of sense if you ask me.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
Sacco?

He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm! Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!

Old
02-07-2013, 04:08 PM
EdAVSfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocionthecouch View Post
St. Louis certainly didn't need the full off season when they hired Hitchcock during the season last year. In fact he came in and made an impact within a week or two. Our problem is that there aren't a whole lot of Hitchcock type coaches just sitting at home waiting for a phone call.
Oh I definitely agree. But with the injuries already this season, the ROR fiasco, the serious lack of talent on defense, the last thing you want is for a coach to come in and NOT have a positive impact.

You need players to be 100% committed to the approach. If results dont pan, you sometimes fall back into the slumped feeling that nothing will help.

This season, barring quick recovery of Landeskog and a signing of ROR, doesnt appear to be a good one. Theres no real point in making a change now and throwing a new coach into this crapness of a season, which is highly condensed. They barely have any practice time because of the amount of games in such a short period of time.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Nihiliste

I don't care if they don't fire Sacco till the end of the season, but he should be gone then. But most importantly if he isn't going to wake the **** up and play him then FO needs to step in and send Barrie down.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
That's because he was his buddy. This situation is different and just because something happens once, doesn't mean it's the norm going forward.

An interim coach like Quinn in mid-march to finish off the season makes a lot of sense if you ask me.
I just want them to go with someone permanent who has a proven track record of some sort of success. Not try to catch lightning in a bottle like the Avs tend to do. Granato was totally green. Sacco didn't have a good record in Erie, and neither did Quinn. Now maybe that wasn't their fault, but that's not how you find the guy that will mold your team into a winner. It's time for someone with credentials for a change.

I just hope Pegula gets tired of losing in Buffalo, and goes against what he's said in the past to let go of Ruff. Buffalo is 1-6-1 in their last eight games. Pressure has to be pretty high right now to do something after last season. Then the Avs can break away from this pattern of internal coaches for once I hope.

There's got to be some kind of connection for Ruff and the Avalanche? Somebody's nephew, or ex lover's former roomate of Eric Lacroix or something? I know we can find some sort of connection.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

maybe we can give one of the Lacroix's a puppy?

...a puppy named "Ruff"...

Old
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:

That would be too late because then they'll just say Quinn didn't have enough time and he deserves a full season or two. Sacco needs to go ASAP and then they can watch Quinn fail miserably for the rest of the season. Maybe then they'll bring in someone new.

Old
02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
AslanRH
#RespectTheCliche

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
That would be too late because then they'll just say Quinn didn't have enough time and he deserves a full season or two. Sacco needs to go ASAP and then they can watch Quinn fail miserably for the rest of the season. Maybe then they'll bring in someone new.
No reason to justify keeping him if you start by saying it is just to end the season. Gives other potential candidates time to study the team, and unless nothing out there is better (.01% chance of that) Quinn is done after game 48.

Easy-Peasy

Old
02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:

It makes complete sense. Too bad the Avs have done nothing sensible since the season started.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Sacco has taken control of my NHL13 Be A Pro team and has Steve Downie as 2nd line C, Paul Stastny as 3rd line RW and won't pull the ******* goalie with 1min left in the game.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
Sacco has taken control of my NHL13 Be A Pro team and has Steve Downie as 2nd line C, Paul Stastny as 3rd line RW and won't pull the ******* goalie with 1min left in the game.
So? You obviously need more scoring from your blueliners.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
But in the postgame presser he said he thought the effort was there.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
So? You obviously need more scoring from your blueliners.
Sherman counters with Craig Zanon and Shane O'Brien as 1st pairing.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Sherman counters with Craig Zanon and Shane O'Brien as 1st pairing.
Is Craig Zanon the name of his beard?

Old
02-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Is Craig Zanon the name of his beard?
Hah, ****. Sure, if it saves face. The beard is 92 overall. Great hand-eye and fighting skill.

Update. With 5g and 5a in 4 games Holyhell has been demoted to the 2nd line. Considering the 1st line has 100% of the points right now, this move is seen as a great ploy.

Last edited by Holyhell: 02-08-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old
02-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Mant*

I can't wait until they fire Sacco so you guys can start the "Official 20## Fire _____ thread".

Old
02-08-2013, 08:38 PM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
time for a virtual bag skate

Old
02-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Hah, ****. Sure, if it saves face. The beard is 92 overall. Great hand-eye and fighting skill.

Update. With 5g and 5a in 4 games Holyhell has been demoted to the 2nd line. Considering the 1st line has 100% of the points right now, this move is seen as a great ploy.
I'm pretty sure the Avs sole interest was in Craig Zanon, because I haven't seen a whole lot of reasons so far for why they signed Greg Zanon.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:40 PM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I haven't seen a whole lot of reasons so far for why they signed Greg Zanon.
they thought they'd make the playoffs if they started the season with the beard

Old
02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRat View Post
they thought they'd make the playoffs if they started the season with the beard
Show the beard some respect, his names Craig. He's got a passport, a social security number, and is a hell of a clutch performer. He's his own entity. He even wears a cup. It's situated under Greg's chin.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:01 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
I can't wait until they fire Sacco so you guys can start the "Official 20## Fire _____ thread".
The Fire Sherman thread already exists and the next coach in this incestous organisation will be Quinn.

So Official 20## Fire Quinn thread it will be.

I get your point. This organisation has a lot of problems going beyond Sacco. But you just can't deny that he is flat out a horrible coach.
If Quinn also will suck (and I think he will) I will call for his head as well.

Hey. Maybe the current Lake Erie coach is better. It still baffles me how Sacco could get this job with his results in Lake Erie

Old
02-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
The Fire Sherman thread already exists and the next coach in this incestous organisation will be Quinn.

So Official 20## Fire Quinn thread it will be.

I get your point. This organisation has a lot of problems going beyond Sacco. But you just can't deny that he is flat out a horrible coach.
If Quinn also will suck (and I think he will) I will call for his head as well.

Hey. Maybe the current Lake Erie coach is better. It still baffles me how Sacco could get this job with his results in Lake Erie
Should we just start speculating who Quinn's replacement will be now then? My vote goes to Matt Hunwick.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Any guesses how many games left before Sacco gets fired?

I'd say 10.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Any guesses how many games left before Sacco gets fired?

I'd say 10.
he's gonna probably stay for the rest of the season *sigh*. But the good news is that if we keep him we'll probably have a great position at the draft . It's a short season it will over soon . My guess is that they will wait this summer to clean the house * my wish *and start all over again with new peoples . Right now , making a change and replacing him with an* in house * candidate wont change a thing for the present and the near/long future ( except for the draft ) .

Closed Thread