HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clarke: "There's still one more signing we would like."

Old
07-05-2006, 02:54 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa80 View Post
Shanahan would be a perfect wingman for Carter & Umberger. Wishful thinking, but, sure am pulling for it.
How would Shanahan be the perfect wingman for Carter and Umberger? He is a player who gets open on his wing and waits for a pass and unleashes that big one timer of his. While I would welcome that on the power play and on another line, Carter and Umberger need a playmaker, someone like Samsonov.

I would even take Recchi for one more year if there is nothing else left to sign.

I absolutely positively do not want A Carter. PLEASE NO!!!!!!

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
How would Shanahan be the perfect wingman for Carter and Umberger? He is a player who gets open on his wing and waits for a pass and unleashes that big one timer of his. While I would welcome that on the power play and on another line, Carter and Umberger need a playmaker, someone like Samsonov.

I would even take Recchi for one more year if there is nothing else left to sign.

well if the rumors are true forget about Shanahan. he is asking for 5.5 per.
Samsonov would be perfect for Carter or Umberger.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Jester

Quote:

i think Rex would be nice on the wing with Carter and Umberger... only problem is that it would be a tremendously unreliable line defensively.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:03 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
i think Rex would be nice on the wing with Carter and Umberger... only problem is that it would be a tremendously unreliable line defensively.
Well, Umberger is not that bad defensively at all and maybe Carter will be a little better in that area. He was known to be good defensively in juniors, in the pros it is all hustle. Plus, Rex was not horrible when he was here. I think Pitts made him look really bad last year.

I like Rex as a short term fix but much rather sign someone younger (except A Carter). Hell, I rather have Dvorak then Carter.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Jester

Quote:
Well, Umberger is not that bad defensively at all and maybe Carter will be a little better in that area. He was known to be good defensively in juniors, in the pros it is all hustle. Plus, Rex was not horrible when he was here. I think Pitts made him look really bad last year.

I like Rex as a short term fix but much rather sign someone younger (except A Carter). Hell, I rather have Dvorak then Carter.
one-year deal for Rex... that's all.

Old
07-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Carter is actually not bad defensively. He played the PK for Team Canada at the Worlds and looked great, I think he scored a shorty too. He just needs time to get the system down - he's not a natural defender like Richards.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime View Post
Carter is actually not bad defensively. He played the PK for Team Canada at the Worlds and looked great, I think he scored a shorty too. He just needs time to get the system down - he's not a natural defender like Richards.
he was lazy at times last year coming back... will need to show more determination without the puck. however, yes, there is certainly the "learning curve" aspect of playing in the NHL and he will be a better two-way player... i do think that line would be a liability defensively.

Old
07-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
one-year deal for Rex... that's all.
please no Recchi.

please

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote