HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVII

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 04:53 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I wonder if the Isles are getting ready to move Visnovsky with their acquisition of Thomas.

Hamrlik+ for Visnovsky?
Wouldn't it make more sense to have a Hamrlik-Visnovsky defense pairing...

Old
02-07-2013, 05:17 PM
MW6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
MW6, in all seriousness...are you George McPhee?

I swear, every single one of your posts is either here or in the Trade forum, regarding proposing a trade.
Yes, i'm Makfee, you caught me, I thought the Swedish flag would have my flying under the radar forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
If MW6 was McPhee, Johansson would be long gone by now.
Yes he would, mi amigo, yes he would. He and his -7 would've been someone else's headscratcher.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Holtby getting shelled every time he steps on ice can't be ideal for his development. And there's no way that Sabourin can do any worse than Holtby is. Time to send Holtby back to Hershey until he can find his groove again.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:58 AM
fsnoles98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Holtby getting shelled every time he steps on ice can't be ideal for his development. And there's no way that Sabourin can do any worse than Holtby is. Time to send Holtby back to Hershey until he can find his groove again.
Grubby would come up before Sabourin, I would think. What kills Holtby is that HE THINKS he is better then what he is. Huge Head in Hershey

Old
02-08-2013, 11:17 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Oiler fan coming in peace.

What's up with Orlov? Is he going to be the odd man out with Kundratek now making the club?

Old
02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Oiler fan coming in peace.

What's up with Orlov? Is he going to be the odd man out with Kundratek now making the club?
He's injured. Out for at least another month.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:27 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
He's injured. Out for at least another month.
Ah, gotcha. So when healthy where does he fit?

Old
02-08-2013, 11:31 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't play the rest of the year.

I think we all now know what we are dealing with here.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't play the rest of the year.

I think we all now know what we are dealing with here.
Giving GMGM the perfect injury excuse he loves so much! Also apparently there was a players only meeting today. Maybe it 15th times a charm. Didn't we have like 14 of then over the past two years?

GMGM also spoke to the media. Blamed it on penalties and poor goaltending and said he isn't going to do anything rash like blowing it up.

Fail!

Old
02-08-2013, 11:44 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Giving GMGM the perfect injury excuse he loves so much! Also apparently there was a players only meeting today. Maybe it 15th times a charm. Didn't we have like 14 of then over the past two years?

GMGM also spoke to the media. Blamed it on penalties and poor goaltending and said he isn't going to do anything rash like blowing it up.

Fail!
I agree we shouldn't blow it up.

I agree that our goaltending has sucked eggs.

As far as penalties I think its more the penalty killing thats costing us. Your best penalty killer has to be your goalie...and our goalies have sucked.

I wouldn't trade either or bring in a vet at this point. Let the young bucks take their lumps and use this as a development season and look to make incremental improvements.

I like the style our team is playing actually and hope we don't go back to the trap.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
To try an take away from the negative on these boards over the last few days I wanted to take a more positive look on things...anyone else plesently surprised with Kundy's play? He's look very solid other than maybe 1 or 2 mistakes which is bound to happen as a rookie. I think he's looked good. And needless to say I also think that Ribs finally being placed with Ovie has looked good as well something has recently lit a fire under Ovechkin and he has recently come out looking better. I also read somewhere that the reporters close to the team has never seen Ovie as mad as he was lastnight after the game maybe we'll see beast mode Ovie again soon enough (we can hope)

But just wanted to bring a half full view into the picture with all the negative that is going on around here (rightfully so or not)

Ward
Ribs
Kundy

IMO have all been great

Old
02-08-2013, 12:41 PM
CrashTheNet9

What the hell was Oates thinking having Crabb take face offs? I'm sure anyone in Hershey could do a better job than him.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

We've given up 41 goals so far. "Future Norris winner" John Carlson has been on the ice for 23 of them, more than any other player in the NHL.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:50 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

That sounds about close to what I would expect from a young Dman with strong offensive talents. Its common. He is young.

Not to mention his team is struggling and the tenders aren't far behind

I would like to see more PP time, put him into places to score to offset the growing pains. The dude has skill I want to see developed more.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:59 PM
aquablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
That sounds about close to what I would expect from a young Dman with strong offensive talents. Its common. He is young.

Not to mention his team is struggling and the tenders aren't far behind

I would like to see more PP time, put him into places to score to offset the growing pains. The dude has skill I want to see developed more.
what offensive talents?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:11 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
what offensive talents?
Maybe if he got more than 1 PP1 appearance per year, it would be easier to see. Rewind and watch the MJ goal from a few days ago.

Nice one timer good skater good offensive awareness. Knows how to pass fast on the PP. Moves to get into position to shoot.

What do you consider his strengths.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:21 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
If the Capitals are most likely out of it by trade deadline either trade Ribero or resign him. Trading hopefully nets a first a round pick and if keeping him means you'll have a #2 center, albeit aging, for a few years and the off chance picking up again for some overpay. Not sure what they do 2nd line center wise next year unless somehow Gezlaf goes to free agency and the 2% chance the Capitals do whatever it takes to land him.

Forsberg/Kuznestov are both wingers...just looking forward would do what it takes to overpay for a servicable 2nd line center.

Any upcoming FA on the Capitals roster, if they aren't in your immediate plans, trade for whatever. I tend to go for the long view roster wise. I only dump top prospects/futures at the trade dead line when the team is gelling as a legit SC contender.

IMHO my fear is that when we look back five years from now it further is clear that the year the caps lost to frakking Halak was their Ovechkin-era moment to win.

02-09-2013, 02:50 AM
msrulo

Is it a possibility that Forsberg becomes a draft bust? Kuznetsov said he is coming but that could be another mistranslation by RMNB. I have my doubts with this team.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:59 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
Is it a possibility that Forsberg becomes a draft bust? Kuznetsov said he is coming but that could be another mistranslation by RMNB. I have my doubts with this team.
I did that translation. There was no mistranslation. There will be more info on that soon. Today or tomorrow.
In fact, I don't know of any case when RMNB mistranslated something.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:04 AM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I did that translation. There was no mistranslation. There will be more info on that soon. Today or tomorrow.
In fact, I don't know of any case when RMNB mistranslated something.
Thanks, sorry for the accusation. There was an article about Neuvirth, but I'm over that.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:21 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Thanks, sorry for the accusation. There was an article about Neuvirth, but I'm over that.
I just want to make it clear. There has been too much speculation surrounding that on this board.

We didn't translate Neuvirth's words, we didn't talk to him. We translated what was believed to be Neuvirth's words and presented as such by the Czech news outlet. Independent expertise showed that the translation of the article was correct. We are not and can not be responsible for anything other than the translation of the article. We can not be responsible for Czech sports sites making the stories up. It's out of our control.
Please check these two links for more on that:
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...d-attribution/
http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...major-outlets/
As a proud writer of RMNB almost from day one, I'll say that: What we do there is very professional. It takes a lot of enthusiasm and passion to do such hard work without any compensation.

On Kuznetsov, there was audio posted later on with more of his quotes. Update on that is coming up. I'll post the link here as soon as it's up.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:32 AM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I just want to make it clear. There has been too much speculation surrounding that on this board.

We didn't translate Neuvirth's words, we didn't talk to him. We translated what was believed to be Neuvirth's words and presented as such by the Czech news outlet. Independent expertise showed that the translation of the article was correct. We are not and can not be responsible for anything other than the translation of the article. We can not be responsible for Czech sports sites making the stories up. It's out of our control.
Please check these two links for more on that:
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...d-attribution/
http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/0...major-outlets/
As a proud writer of RMNB almost from day one, I'll say that: What we do there is very professional. It takes a lot of enthusiasm and passion to do such hard work without any compensation.

On Kuznetsov, there was audio posted later on with more of his quotes. Update on that is coming up. I'll post the link here as soon as it's up.
I believe more in pro-Russian and Czech blogs like RMNB than anti-Russian like Sportsnet and NHL.com. You guys are awesome and also non-compensated for your work; There's no bigger fans. I'm Looking forward to the audio. and I can't wait for Kuznetsov to come over -If it wasn't a lie from the player himself. Thanks for the clarifications.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:33 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
I believe more in pro-Russian and Czech blogs like RMNB than anti-Russian like Sportsnet and NHL.com. You guys are awesome and also non-compensated for your work. There's no bigger fans. Looking forward to the audio. and I can't wait for Kuznetsov to come over -If it wasn't a lie from the player himself. Thanks for the clarifications.
Thanks, I hope I clarified something and the point was finally heard.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:28 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I wonder if the Isles are getting ready to move Visnovsky with their acquisition of Thomas.

Hamrlik+ for Visnovsky?
With Wang, the coaches, Snow and players all talking about making a playoff push this season,I doubt Streit or Vis get moved until the isles fall out of the playoff race.

I would then expect them to be shopped around the trade deadline and to bring cheap prospects/picks back.

36/37 yr old Hamrlik with a hefty salary, holds no appeal or value to a team building around youth.

Imo Snow got Thomas with an eye towards possible trade deadline moves: moving both impending ufas Streit+ Vis, who have a combined cap hit of $9.7m

Old
02-09-2013, 07:30 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Ill never forgive RMNB for unleashing Neil Greenberg on the world.

Closed Thread