Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

vCash: 500
Huge game tonight. Can't wait for it. I'm predicting MacKinnon has a huge game tonight. Rimouski is the only team MacKinnon has yet to record a point against.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:16 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
Huge game tonight. Can't wait for it. I'm predicting MacKinnon has a huge game tonight. Rimouski is the only team MacKinnon has yet to record a point against.
Rimouski is also the only team we haven't beat this season..

Old
02-06-2013, 07:46 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Moose win in a shootout 5-4!! Drouin had 2 goals, Mac had 1.. Our best dman was Weegar BY FAR.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 521
Weegar is tearing it up. Nice come from behind win against a tough team.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Dgill

Albethauser was brutal tonight. I think the worst game I ever seen him play as a Moose. He just could not hold the blueline at all.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:48 PM
RJQuack

Ducharme can't be pleased with the execution of our game plan these past two games ... Expecting a much better effort on Friday, I don't care that it's televised we need to play and well and pick up the two points lol.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Awesome game last night! The pace was fantastic from start to finish. Drouin, MacKinnon and Frk were great. Abeltshauser and Lewis were horrible. Weegar was the only good defenseman for the Moose last night.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Libbs

They will need to learn that there are good teams out there that will make us pay for the little mistakes... Rimouski is one of them.

While he had 2 goals, I don't think Drouin played particularly well. He looked rather disinterested and was pretty bad on the PK for Rimouski's 2nd goal.

As other have said, Konrad probably had his worst game in 2 years. The D as a whole needs to reel it in a little bit with the rushing. Way too many poorly timed pinches that led to a number of odd man rushes the other way.

I'm in no position to criticize the moves coach Ducharme makes, but I have to question the logic in the situations he used his makeshift 4th line of Ashley/Beauchemin/Lindsay. Rimouski scores to go up 4-2 and this line comes out right after. Less than 2 minutes to go in a 4-4 ties and these guys are out again.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
They will need to learn that there are good teams out there that will make us pay for the little mistakes... Rimouski is one of them.

While he had 2 goals, I don't think Drouin played particularly well. He looked rather disinterested and was pretty bad on the PK for Rimouski's 2nd goal.

As other have said, Konrad probably had his worst game in 2 years. The D as a whole needs to reel it in a little bit with the rushing. Way too many poorly timed pinches that led to a number of odd man rushes the other way.

I'm in no position to criticize the moves coach Ducharme makes, but I have to question the logic in the situations he used his makeshift 4th line of Ashley/Beauchemin/Lindsay. Rimouski scores to go up 4-2 and this line comes out right after. Less than 2 minutes to go in a 4-4 ties and these guys are out again.
I'm not sure what Ducharme was trying to pull off with that either...

As bad as KA was last night he still didn't bother me as much as Ciampini has this season. That's a whole other rant.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:54 PM
RJQuack

What about these against Moncton ...

Drouin - MacKinnon - Frk
Beauchemin - Boudreau - MacAulay
Fournier - Andrews - Ashley
Ciampini - Lindsay - Alcalde

I agree dgill, I'm not a fan of Ciampini, and I could go on and on ... The whole secondary scoring has disappeared the last few games ... I'm not pushing the panic button lol, but a change could kickstart the secondary players, still balance the lines, and send a message to Ciampini lol.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:28 AM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post

Drouin - MacKinnon - Frk

I agree dgill, I'm not a fan of Ciampini, and I could go on and on ... The whole secondary scoring has disappeared the last few games ... I'm not pushing the panic button lol, but a change could kickstart the secondary players, still balance the lines, and send a message to Ciampini lol.
We need something to get the other guys clicking. The only guys after the big three who have been playing well are Fournier (who has been great, particularly behind the net), Ashley (just always dogs it), and Andrews (solid defensive prescience). I like the idea of Ciampini on the fourth line/receiving little to no ice time.

We really need Andrew Ryan back. He plays a role that Ciampini should be playing and does it well.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:42 AM
HFX902

So those who were at the game... What was up with the call on RIM forth goal

Old
02-08-2013, 07:20 AM
NS Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post

Drouin - MacKinnon - Frk

I like (for long term)

Drouin-MacKinnon-Frk
Fournier-Boudreau-MacAuley
Ashley-Andrews-Beauchemin
Ciampini-Falkenham-Ryan

if those combos can be made with guys playing off wing etc.

Fournier is strong enough offensively to be playing top 2 scoring lines, as is MacAuley. And Boudreau has shown he has the sniper ability to add some natural scoring on that line. The third line will be strong and tenacious on the puck too.

One thing I noticed about Ciampini is that he will make a play, then sort of switch it off for a few seconds before he re-engages in a play. Its strange. He will pass it off then stand there and watch what happens before its like someone gives him a boot and he starts going again lol. He lacks quick decision making and hunger out there.

About my lines... Fournier and MacAuley while not flashy, are smart players and physically tough to play against. I`d like to see them working the boards and Boudreau can take his comfortable spot around the crease and put goals home.

I am a big Ashley fan but his hard work is not going anywhere right now on that line. We need a shake up, and we still have 19 games left to tinker.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX902 View Post
So those who were at the game... What was up with the call on RIM forth goal
What do you mean? Their goal was fine and then the refs reviewed the one that Frk had shot earlier on in the play that was swiped away at the goalline by the Rimouski defenseman.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:59 AM
NS Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
What do you mean? Their goal was fine and then the refs reviewed the one that Frk had shot earlier on in the play that was swiped away at the goalline by the Rimouski defenseman.
That`s obviously what he means... for those in the rink, it would have been confusing because it seemed like they were reviewing the goal then waved it off lol.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:50 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
I was annoyed when this happened... Not at the fact that we didn't get the goal, but the fact that the refs didn't stop the play. Obviously they knew they were going to review it, so why not save the time & confusion? If it HAD gone in, they'd have to take a well-earned goal away from the Rimouski player..

Old
02-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I was annoyed when this happened... Not at the fact that we didn't get the goal, but the fact that the refs didn't stop the play. Obviously they knew they were going to review it, so why not save the time & confusion? If it HAD gone in, they'd have to take a well-earned goal away from the Rimouski player..
The refs made the correct call. There was no reason to stop the play because the refs had no doubt. There line of site was good enough to make the appropiate call. Had Frk not raised his hands there would be no questioning.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:39 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
The refs made the correct call. There was no reason to stop the play because the refs had no doubt. There line of site was good enough to make the appropiate call. Had Frk not raised his hands there would be no questioning.
That's the thing though. If they had no doubt, why the need to review it? There had to have been at least SOME doubt that they made the right call, and to me, it would make sense to blow the whistle and check.

It's not a big deal though.. they're the ones who KNOW what they're doing, i'm just the spectator.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
That's the thing though. If they had no doubt, why the need to review it? There had to have been at least SOME doubt that they made the right call, and to me, it would make sense to blow the whistle and check.

It's not a big deal though.. they're the ones who KNOW what they're doing, i'm just the spectator.
Unless it's a dead play they aren't supposed to stop play if they didn't think it went in. They have to let it go until the next whistle and then decide whether they should review.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Dgill

Quote:

I'm guessing Ducharme/captains requested it and they did it to appease them.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I'm guessing Ducharme/captains requested it and they did it to appease them.
I can't believe I never thought of that...

Old
02-08-2013, 04:17 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Another big game tonight, this one against 5th place Moncton... Game will be televised on Sportsnet at 8pm AT.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:51 PM
c_robio

Can't wait for this game tonight

Agree with you guys that the moose need more secondary scoring.

The MaCauley-Andrews-Fournier line is excellent at keeping the puck deep but I don't think there's enough finish on the line. I think when Ryan and Falkenham are back they could form a great energy line with Andrews.

I think putting Fournier with Boudreau would create a lot of space and shooting opportunities for Boudreau and also put some much needed size on that line. If I could tinker the lineup...

Drouin-Mackinnon-Frk
Ciampini-Boudreau-Fournier
Beauchemin-McCauley-Ashley
Ryan-Andrews-Falkenham (Alcalde and Lindsay for now)

Old
02-08-2013, 06:51 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Drouin, Frk, and Mac have extended their point streaks to 16, 14, and 10 games respectively...

Moose are up 2-1 at the end of the 1st.. Goals by MacAulay and Frk..

EDIT: Why must they slide EVERY time on a 2 on 1? You know he's going to pass, so stay in the damn middle and force him to take the shot..
EDIT2: Apart from Weegar, our defence is horrible... 3-2 Moncton.

Last edited by George Maharis: 02-08-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old
02-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Libbs

Quote:
EDIT2: Apart from Weegar, our defence is horrible... 3-2 Moncton.
I've been noticing this since the deadline. Losing Gillard was huge and Murphy hasn't (and it's not fair to expect it either) replaced what was lost.

Closed Thread