HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers to Toronto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
  #26
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncebounce View Post
Coming from a sabres fan, that's highly debatable
Agreed, although Myers had a better rookie season. It's easy to say Gardiner is better right now because he just had a great rookie season and Myers is currently struggling. Although who's to say that Gardiner won't regress in the coming years? This is a topic that will have to be assessed at least three years from now.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:01 PM
  #27
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Agreed, although Myers had a better rookie season. It's easy to say Gardiner is better right now because he just had a great rookie season and Myers is currently struggling. Although who's to say that Gardiner won't regress in the coming years? This is a topic that will have to be assessed at least three years from now.
?

Gardiner isn't even in the NHL currently. Myers > Gardiner

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:04 PM
  #28
Coconut Head
Was Pouncebounce
 
Coconut Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WNY
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
?

Gardiner isn't even in the NHL currently. Myers > Gardiner
He had a concussion, he's in the ahl on more of a conditioning assignment. Not because of poor play

Coconut Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:07 PM
  #29
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Brutal overpayment? Regardless of ten rough games its still Myers>Gardiner
Sure Myers>Gardiner because he's proven more I guess, but the fact is Kadri is the best piece.

Especially for a team that lacks a #1 C.
Gardiner is a beauty and the only reason he's in the A is because of his concussion. He's gold in the offensive zone and isn't a liability.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:11 PM
  #30
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncebounce View Post
He had a concussion, he's in the ahl on more of a conditioning assignment. Not because of poor play
He was sent down 2 weeks ago. Seems like it's more than just a conditioning assignment.

Regardless, Myers > Gardiner at this point.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:13 PM
  #31
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 356
Toronto has nothing of equal value (except for their 1st round picks, which will likely be high over the next few years). Myers is struggling, but I would not trade him at this point.

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:15 PM
  #32
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Sure Myers>Gardiner because he's proven more I guess, but the fact is Kadri is the best piece.

Especially for a team that lacks a #1 C.
Gardiner is a beauty and the only reason he's in the A is because of his concussion. He's gold in the offensive zone and isn't a liability.
Myers has played like a top pair defenceman around 150 of his 228 NHL games, if you want to believe he is as bad as he is started thats fine, it's likely not accurate though.

Myers biggest assets is his skating, which hasen't been good this year, did he just magically become a bad skater? likely not, he is still getting over his high ankle sprain that he suffered in europe.

Please go and watch any game after Myers broke his wrist last season and tell me he wasen't a legit top pair defenceman.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:19 PM
  #33
Coconut Head
Was Pouncebounce
 
Coconut Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WNY
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Myers has played like a top pair defenceman around 150 of his 228 NHL games, if you want to believe he is as bad as he is started thats fine, it's likely not accurate though.

Myers biggest assets is his skating, which hasen't been good this year, did he just magically become a bad skater? likely not, he is still getting over his high ankle sprain that he suffered in europe.

Please go and watch any game after Myers broke his wrist last season and tell me he wasen't a legit top pair defenceman.
I don't know how, but I completely forgot about that. I hope he rebounds ASAP, he needs to and we desperately need it

Coconut Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:39 PM
  #34
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Myers has played like a top pair defenceman around 150 of his 228 NHL games, if you want to believe he is as bad as he is started thats fine, it's likely not accurate though.

Myers biggest assets is his skating, which hasen't been good this year, did he just magically become a bad skater? likely not, he is still getting over his high ankle sprain that he suffered in europe.

Please go and watch any game after Myers broke his wrist last season and tell me he wasen't a legit top pair defenceman.
Sure, but either way you slice it I wouldn't give up Kadri + Gardiner... No way.

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:41 PM
  #35
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Sure, but either way you slice it I wouldn't give up Kadri + Gardiner... No way.
I don't blame you, I was referring to you Schenn comment

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:47 PM
  #36
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,037
vCash: 500
Absolutely would not trade him within the division, way too much potential. He's a slow starter -- we've seen it every year since his rookie season -- and he's probably still recovering a bit from his ankle sprain. By the end of the year, he'll look like a #1 defenseman again.
And Toronto doesn't have the assets Buffalo would be looking for/that would make it worth our while anyway, IMO.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:51 PM
  #37
kihei
Registered User
 
kihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,696
vCash: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Nope. Kadri isn't going anywhere. Not to mention that is a brutal overpayment.
Total, total agreement. And, okay, if you actually think Kadri is on the market, raise your hands? Now, let's see...oh, one of the brain-damaged children has raised his hands, but...no one else. Ah, faith restored.

kihei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:56 PM
  #38
TheyAreGoodScaryGood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Sure, but either way you slice it I wouldn't give up Kadri + Gardiner... No way.
Realistically kadri isnt a fit in buffalo either way so it would have to be gardiner+ something else for both sides, kadri doesnt fit with us already having hodgson, ennis and grigorenko down the middle

TheyAreGoodScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:21 PM
  #39
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Realistically kadri isnt a fit in buffalo either way so it would have to be gardiner+ something else for both sides, kadri doesnt fit with us already having hodgson, ennis and grigorenko down the middle
For me any deal that would send Myers to Toronto would need to include Reilly. Realistically that'll never happen. If Myers is being shopped there are plenty of teams that aren't in our division that would probably be offering more than the leafs would.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:25 PM
  #40
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Except the difference is schenn never achieved, myers has shown number 1 ability already
Andrew Raycroft showed number 1 ability too.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:40 PM
  #41
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Sure, but either way you slice it I wouldn't give up Kadri + Gardiner... No way.
Ok . If you re read the title, this trade never happens. The sabres fans never want to trade Myers either.

Its a hypothetical and you have ignore the emotional attachments.

Myers won the Calder trophy. He is big and mobile and in my opinion one day dominate like Chara does now.

In return for that kind of generational talent, the Leafs have to give up Gardiner, who will no doubt end up a form of poor mans Duncan Keith. A good mobile first pair defense man.

Kadri ends up being a form of Mason Raymond but with better finish.

I think a future Chara is worth a future poor mans keith and rich mans Raymond.

Any way you slice it, it aint 'massive' over or under payment.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:54 PM
  #42
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Ok . If you re read the title, this trade never happens. The sabres fans never want to trade Myers either.

Its a hypothetical and you have ignore the emotional attachments.

Myers won the Calder trophy. He is big and mobile and in my opinion one day dominate like Chara does now.

In return for that kind of generational talent, the Leafs have to give up Gardiner, who will no doubt end up a form of poor mans Duncan Keith. A good mobile first pair defense man.

Kadri ends up being a form of Mason Raymond but with better finish.

I think a future Chara is worth a future poor mans keith and rich mans Raymond.

Any way you slice it, it aint 'massive' over or under payment.
No bias in this post at all.

Examples of generational talent include Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux and Crosby. I think you should reconsider your statement. Also, Kadri is in no way comparable to Mason Raymond. There's just so much wrong with this post.


Last edited by Drew311: 02-08-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:02 AM
  #43
TheyAreGoodScaryGood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
No bias in this post at all.

Examples of generational talent include Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux and Crosby. I think you should reconsider your statement. Also, Kadri is in no way comparable to Mason Raymond. There's just so much wrong with this post.
Not really, is he even a sabres fan? Kadri could very well end up like a raymond, don't forget how he was viewed by many on this board before the lockout ended, ten games in and his value has gone up 10x on these boards, and at the end of the day myers may not reach that ceiling but his ceiling is truly that high

TheyAreGoodScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:46 AM
  #44
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Not really, is he even a sabres fan? Kadri could very well end up like a raymond, don't forget how he was viewed by many on this board before the lockout ended, ten games in and his value has gone up 10x on these boards, and at the end of the day myers may not reach that ceiling but his ceiling is truly that high
Name the similarities in Raymond and Kadri's game?

1. They're both Canadian.
2. Uhhhh ...

And re; the Chara/Myers comparison - what? They're both tall, but they play completely different styles.

I'm not suggesting the Sabres trade Myers, much less to the Leafs... But holy $*** some of these comparisons are beyond ridiculous.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:08 AM
  #45
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,376
vCash: 500
Like any player who has the misfortune of becoming associated with the Buffalo Sabres, they inevitably pick up a heavy dose of satanic Lindy Ruff taint.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:55 AM
  #46
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
A lot of players need a fresh start. I think Myers is one or those. Its a shame it won't happen and it sucks for both parties. If I was Buffalo I would trade him but only for fair value. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt he reaches his potential in BUF.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:55 AM
  #47
Imlach a cup
Registered User
 
Imlach a cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 500
If Myers is traded in the division the team aquiring him will pay for a Calder trophy winning 6'8 smooth skating dman who can play in both zones. If that's too much it explains why the Sabres probably won't move him. It's a lot easier to hold onto talent like Myers and watch him bust then it would be to move him and see him succeed as a perennial Norris candidate somewhere else.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:23 AM
  #48
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 27,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post

2) Would you want Myers to be traded considering his value is at an all time low?

?
Why would the Sabres trade him to a division rival, when his value is at an all time low?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:23 AM
  #49
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
In my opinion fair trade value for Myers is Gardiner and Kadri . Maybe Buffalo throws in a 3rd .
lol?

Kadri has 9 points in 11 games, Gardiner was all-NHL rookie team last years and Myers has regressed in each season he has been in the league.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:54 AM
  #50
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,029
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Ok . If you re read the title, this trade never happens. The sabres fans never want to trade Myers either.

Its a hypothetical and you have ignore the emotional attachments.

Myers won the Calder trophy. He is big and mobile and in my opinion one day dominate like Chara does now.

In return for that kind of generational talent, the Leafs have to give up Gardiner, who will no doubt end up a form of poor mans Duncan Keith. A good mobile first pair defense man.

Kadri ends up being a form of Mason Raymond but with better finish.

I think a future Chara is worth a future poor mans keith and rich mans Raymond.

Any way you slice it, it aint 'massive' over or under payment.
Myers and Chara only have height in common annd even then hes lacking.

Gardiner can be a poor mans Keith but he also can be the next Keith there is no reason to limit his potential when you claim Myers can be a generational talent.

The only reason Raymond is in the NHL is his speed. He really cant do anything else.... Kadri on the other hand relies on his hockey IQ and stickwork he isnt the fastest skater out there so i really dont know how this comparison came to be. Thus far this season hes looking more like a weak Mike Richards than a Mason Raymond.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.