HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 187: Snow and Beer Unite!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 07:38 PM
  #26
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
OK, I have really quit drinking ...or at least regular drinking. So I decide hell it's Friday and I'm going to treat myself to a 6 pack.

So I stopped in this dingy ass liquor store and look for a decent 6 pack to relax with and enjoy my Friday evening. The only thing I see that somewhat interest me is Sam Adams Latitude 48. I figure what the hell,nothing special but not bad for a Friday night of chillin.

I get home relax on the couch for a little,I set up my fly tying stuff and get ready to hunker down for a nice night. I crack open a beer and pour it into my favorite Trout Unlimited pint glass...out comes a golden beautiful beer followed by chunks. It looked like somebody shot a giant load in my beer...I was like Wtf is this!!! I look on the side of the the bottle and it says best before June 2012...damnit. So I have no beer and I can't tie flies without it. And I'm not happy.
What disgrace of a liquor store sold you expired beer? I'm upset on your behalf, that is heresy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
It's slightly juvenile (kind of) .. but I opted for some hot chocolate + peppermint schnapps after a hellish journey back home.

No shame, it's so good right now.
Can't knock Schnapps. Sounds like a good choice.

Saugus is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 07:42 PM
  #27
MountainGoat
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
its funny watching American news, "Blizzard 2013" you call a few inches of snow a blizzard? not allowed to leave your homes for 48 hours wtf lol, don't ever come to Canada during our winters

 
Old
02-08-2013, 07:44 PM
  #28
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
its funny watching American news, "Blizzard 2013" you call a few inches of snow a blizzard? not allowed to leave your homes for 48 hours wtf lol, don't ever come to Canada during our winters
That's American news for you... Fear mongers. Different models have been from 3 inches to 3 feet, but the fear of 3 feet is what spurs people to watch the news and keep that all relevant. So stupid. But better to be over prepared I suppose.

__________________
[size="1"]"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 07:44 PM
  #29
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
It's not a few inches, we're expecting up to 2 feet of snow overnight. Still not much compared to winter in Canada, but that's nothing to sneeze at either.

Saugus is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:04 PM
  #30
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,413
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
It's not a few inches, we're expecting up to 2 feet of snow overnight. Still not much compared to winter in Canada, but that's nothing to sneeze at either.
My friend says she's skeptical about it because the news just over exaggerates, but News12 always did good by me when I lived in NJ.

TCRF is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:04 PM
  #31
MountainGoat
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
That's American news for you... Fear mongers. Different models have been from 3 inches to 3 feet, but the fear of 3 feet is what spurs people to watch the news and keep that all relevant. So stupid. But better to be over prepared I suppose.
my wife and I were getting a kick out of it, they had some reporter standing outside with snow up to his shoe laces and he's warning people not to go outside or you can get fined... I can go outside right now and the snow is up to my waste, kids walk to school everyday in this ****

 
Old
02-08-2013, 08:07 PM
  #32
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Canadians seem to have this preoccupation with survival and being able to best the elements. I think it's endearing, and it sort of defines your national character. You tell a Canadian about harsh weather, and he says "oh, we can handle that, no problem."

Saugus is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:10 PM
  #33
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Low, only like 30 a guy. Cause we were drinking beer outside. Then using the rest room, watching TV and warning up inside.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
It's not a few inches, we're expecting up to 2 feet of snow overnight. Still not much compared to winter in Canada, but that's nothing to sneeze at either.
I dont care if you're in Hudson Bay, Canada, 2 feet+ in one shot is no joke.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:11 PM
  #34
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
When in Rome...

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:11 PM
  #35
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,413
vCash: 476
@ Benedict Remember in the end of 2010? I got stuck in Newark for 2 days after that. Wasn't fun. I underestimated it and went to the game.

TCRF is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:12 PM
  #36
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Canadians seem to have this preoccupation with survival and being able to best the elements. I think it's endearing, and it sort of defines your national character. You tell a Canadian about harsh weather, and he says "oh, we can handle that, no problem."
It's a front.

Go to Edmonton in winter, there's nobody outside. Montreal build tunnels UNDER the entire friggin' downtown so you dont have to walk outside in the winter.

I see what you did there Canada, and you're not foolin' me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
@ Benedict Remember in the end of 2010? I got stuck in Newark for 2 days after that. Wasn't fun. I underestimated it and went to the game.
A snowstorm you got caught in?

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:15 PM
  #37
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,217
vCash: 500
Snow bands approaching FOUR INCHES PER HOUR are entering central CT right now. Almost time for Saugus to kill his first squirrel.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
  #38
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,413
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
It's a front.

Go to Edmonton in winter, there's nobody outside. Montreal build tunnels UNDER the entire friggin' downtown so you dont have to walk outside in the winter.

I see what you did there Canada, and you're not foolin' me!



A snowstorm you got caught in?
Yeah it was the night of December 26th, 2010, NJ/NYC areas got nailed pretty bad. My friend had an extra ticket to Prudential Center. We took NJT early as we know weather was coming but didn't know we were gonna get hammered that much to where we spent 2 nights in the train station.

TCRF is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
  #39
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,500
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
It's getting windy outside. Blizzard conditions approaching.

No squirrels for me, I have plenty of food.

Saugus is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:24 PM
  #40
MountainGoat
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
gonna go bring my dog for a walk around the block, hopefully I make it back alive

 
Old
02-08-2013, 08:26 PM
  #41
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
What a wimpy storm so far...

cj225 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:28 PM
  #42
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
gonna go bring my dog for a walk around the block, hopefully I make it back alive
No need to be all up in our **** because we don't get major snow storms as often as you dude, cut us some slack.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:32 PM
  #43
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Yeah it was the night of December 26th, 2010, NJ/NYC areas got nailed pretty bad. My friend had an extra ticket to Prudential Center. We took NJT early as we know weather was coming but didn't know we were gonna get hammered that much to where we spent 2 nights in the train station.
That blows. I was in FL for Christmas for that. I miss all the good storms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
What a wimpy storm so far...
NWS predictions for Hunterdon County

Late last night 10 - 14
This morning 8 - 10
Midday 6 - 8
Early evening 3 - 7
Now 1 - 3

Well done National Weather Service, well done.

You function about as well as every other branch of the US Government.

Bonus points for forecasting today as "bright, clear, sunny skies" for the entire eastern seaboard until only about 48 - 60 hours ago.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:50 PM
  #44
battlingBard56
Registered User
 
battlingBard56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Union County, NJ
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
I'm twenty three years old and rapidly realizing that petty *******s don't go away with adulthood. Not even when they're near thirty and should be over acting on their insecurity.
Not that I'm any better for feeling really pissed off and needing to rant about it. But dammit, idiots piss me off!
Sorry guys. Ugh... =[

battlingBard56 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:51 PM
  #45
Devilswiss
Registered User
 
Devilswiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lucerne
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
my wife and I were getting a kick out of it, they had some reporter standing outside with snow up to his shoe laces and he's warning people not to go outside or you can get fined... I can go outside right now and the snow is up to my waste, kids walk to school everyday in this ****
So true, I'm currently in New York and am truly amazed by these reports.
They're showing guys driving on the Highway when theres a little snow and warn people to be careful.
Appears pretty funny to me. You know what we call that in Switzerland: just another day in winter.

Seriously as they probably aren't as prepared for that much snow as they are in Switzerland, I hope NJ Transit runs tomorrow so I can get to the Rock. Also hope I will be able to take my flight Sunday.

Devilswiss is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:57 PM
  #46
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
KILL? Me?! Oh you are priceless rat. I am eternal child.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:58 PM
  #47
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswiss View Post
You know what we call that in Switzerland: just another day in winter.
Which is why Verbier and Zermatt are two towns on my "must visit" list.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:04 PM
  #48
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,739
vCash: 500
I got pretty bored earlier. Decided to shovel parts of my driveway and drink (heavily) just to kill time. Greatest. Idea. Ever. The shoveling was pretty iffy, but the drinking outside and toasting towards the town's plow trucks every time they drove by was a good time.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:06 PM
  #49
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,217
vCash: 500
Coventry, CT has ONE FOOT of snow in 90 minutes.

That's 8" per hour or 1 inch of snow in 7.5 minutes. Head Explodes.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:07 PM
  #50
Devilswiss
Registered User
 
Devilswiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lucerne
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Which is why Verbier and Zermatt are two towns on my "must visit" list.
Nice, I hope Lucerne is on that list to and if you'll make it just let me know.

Devilswiss is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.