HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 08:25 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
His name is Loki god dammit
And if you repeat it enough times, it will be.

I hate that 't' in his last name.

Should be LOKIonov. Sounds much cooler.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
The biggest sign to me that the Devils are making the right moves are the standings. We make the playoffs and can go on a run, that's all I want as a fan.

The games haven't been pretty at times, but we clearly have the right staff to get the right players and/or the players doing the right things. Constantly too much ado about nothing around here. Which I get, it's an internet message board, we're suppose to discuss things, but we constantly are getting into crazy talk land lately I feel.
That's a pretty good description of the current state of affairs regarding the Devils.

I think part of the craziness possibly has to do with the fact that the Devils are close. I mean they're right there. They have a very solid core to build around and now that they have shown what they're capable of, people are expecting more and are expecting positive results all the time.

My hope is that they do find a way to bring in a similar style of player to Parise. Not to completely match production (although that would be nice), but just to add another dogged winger to the mix who can further enhance the teams forecheck and allow a true four lines to roll one right after the other. That's the biggest loss with #9. He was a perfect player for the style of play NJ is preaching these days. And he was relentless on the puck. I think that if they can find something similar and add it to the mix, they can do some serious damage again come spring time.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:54 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
I'm sorry but that's all speculation. You have no idea if that's true.
Not really. About 80% of it was published. From Wade Arnott comments to team comments plus a little understanding of the team, plus knowing a couple of people....none of it is speculation.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:03 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
Parise has Ewing theory written all over it.
As a huge fan of Bill Simmons and doing a lot of "research" on the Ewing theory, I don't think Parise fits the bill.

We made the Cup finals with him and the one year we lost him to injury was our worst season in 20 years. Everyone knows it had more to do with MacLean than no Parise, but the theory doesn't account for stuff like that.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
Not really. About 80% of it was published. From Wade Arnott comments to team comments plus a little understanding of the team, plus knowing a couple of people....none of it is speculation.
I'd have to say more than 80% was published through 'credible' sources...

People forget this is the Devils, not a video game. It all comes out, and it's all exactly what you think it is. There's no games here.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:06 PM
guitarguyvic

Quote:

People forget this is the Devils, not a video game. It all comes out, and it's all exactly what you think it is. There's no games here.
Sarcasm...?

Old
02-08-2013, 09:09 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
That's a pretty good description of the current state of affairs regarding the Devils.

I think part of the craziness possibly has to do with the fact that the Devils are close. I mean they're right there. They have a very solid core to build around and now that they have shown what they're capable of, people are expecting more and are expecting positive results all the time.

My hope is that they do find a way to bring in a similar style of player to Parise. Not to completely match production (although that would be nice), but just to add another dogged winger to the mix who can further enhance the teams forecheck and allow a true four lines to roll one right after the other. That's the biggest loss with #9. He was a perfect player for the style of play NJ is preaching these days. And he was relentless on the puck. I think that if they can find something similar and add it to the mix, they can do some serious damage again come spring time.
We might have that in Butler. He's been pretty good on the forecheck, we know he has a great shot, it's just a matter of getting opportunities and making the most with them.

Like you said, the core is definitely there. We know what Kovy can do, Elias is an ageless wonder, Clarkson has no signs of slowing down and Zajac is a defensive beast and a catalyst. What we need is role players. We need to make a Ponikarovsky type of trade. Someone who can play 2nd-3rd line minutes, play responsible hockey and generate some scoring when needed. I truly have no idea who that guy is. Honestly, I hope it actualy is Ponikarovsky

Old
02-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguyvic View Post
Sarcasm...?
Not a bit. If you follow this team long enough, you can learn the exact way they operate.

Loyalty and doing your job are the only thing that matters here. Parise did one, and was not the other. The writing was on the wall that Lou wasn't going to deal with him after the 1 year deal. Devils don't sign 1 year deals.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:

If I leaned one thing from this organization it's that nobody has any ****ing clue what happens internally. Especially with contract negotiations.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:19 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Not a bit. If you follow this team long enough, you can learn the exact way they operate.

Loyalty and doing your job are the only thing that matters here. Parise did one, and was not the other. The writing was on the wall that Lou wasn't going to deal with him after the 1 year deal. Devils don't sign 1 year deals.
Fair point.

If Clarkson re-signs and a lot of things suggest he will, do you think Lou overpays him or in opposite fashion, Clarkson takes a discount?

Old
02-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Fair point.

If Clarkson re-signs and a lot of things suggest he will, do you think Lou overpays him or in opposite fashion, Clarkson takes a discount?
Honestly? Both. Lou likes his cat, and he eats it too.

I think Clarkson plays a style where his body will break down. He'll get a long term deal that will outplay his usefulness and abilities, but at a fair cap hit.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Bleedred
Ride the Schneid!

Will Ponikarovsky be available? I feel if Winnipeg falls out he will be.

The longer time goes be though, the more I wonder. Did Lou want to keep Poni or not? If Matteau is a full time NHLer, and we still have Zubrus, will he want him back?

Old
02-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
If I leaned one thing from this organization it's that nobody has any ****ing clue what happens internally. Especially with contract negotiations.
To Eklund and those kind of guys, they're always wrong.

But if you stick your ear up to the right sea shell, one might actually play the ocean.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
The biggest sign to me that the Devils are making the right moves are the standings. We make the playoffs and can go on a run, that's all I want as a fan.

The games haven't been pretty at times, but we clearly have the right staff to get the right players and/or the players doing the right things. Constantly too much ado about nothing around here. Which I get, it's an internet message board, we're suppose to discuss things, but we constantly are getting into crazy talk land lately I feel.
That's how HF always is. Three game winning streak, get ready to pop the champagne. Three game losing streak, reach for the razor blades.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:24 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Will Ponikarovsky be available? I feel if Winnipeg falls out he will be.

The longer time goes be though, the more I wonder. Did Lou want to keep Poni or not? If Matteau is a full time NHLer, and we still have Zubrus, will he want him back?
Poni signed a cheap deal minutes after free agency opened. He wanted to play in Winnipeg.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

With Josefson and Butler, the 4th line is now one player from being solid and maybe turning into the 3rd line. We must get a rid of Barch as soon as someone else steps up. Yeah, I'm talking about you Andrei.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:34 PM
RNCDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
With Josefson and Butler, the 4th line is now one player from being solid and maybe turning into the 3rd line. We must get a rid of Barch as soon as someone else steps up. Yeah, I'm talking about you Andrei.
sounds like barch...Darche!

Old
02-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Bleedred
Ride the Schneid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Poni signed a cheap deal minutes after free agency opened. He wanted to play in Winnipeg.
Wonder if they'd give him up? He don't have a NTC, so he'd have no choice in the matter.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

vCash: 50
Quote:

Exactly, hence why those rumors for Brent Burns while they both were in RFA years were very real. Can anyone dig those up?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Mgd31

Yea pretty sure the Wild's beat writer Mike Russo wrote about those rumors. Would have been interesting but don't think we make the Finals without Parise.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

I once read that Burns` teammates in Minny used to tell their kids they`re going to a Zoo when they planned on visiting Burns.

The kids always got excited.

Also, I should probably root for Loki just for his name alone. My late grandpa was Andrej too.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgd31 View Post
Yea pretty sure the Wild's beat writer Mike Russo wrote about those rumors. Would have been interesting but don't think we make the Finals without Parise.
Adding Burns probably wouldn't have gotten us there, even though he is a good defenceman. Funny that we probably don't really need him now.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kulachuk View Post
Also one of them can score a goal outside of two feet from the crease.

Was parise worth his cap hit? Yes. Is he worth $24mil up front? Only if you have an owner with deep pockets. Will he be worth it a few years from now? Idk but I'd rather bet on kovy and note kovy's contract is far better, a leaner cap hit and money spread out over a billion years.
So you mean Parise?

Old
02-08-2013, 11:08 PM
NjDevsRR

Poni still only has 1 point haha poor guy. Our system made him a really good player.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Semak
Here we go again.

Minny needed a splash, that's it. It was a team with no identity, no face. And what better way but to bring back a native son who is one of the better players in the league. It was pomp and circumstance, dog and pony show to disguise the fact that they dished out a ton of money. BS all day way.

My only "worry" would be if they get a competent coach cause Yeo seems lost and might not make it after this season.

Closed Thread