HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 08:25 PM
  #426
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 19,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
His name is Loki god dammit
And if you repeat it enough times, it will be.



I hate that 't' in his last name.

Should be LOKIonov. Sounds much cooler.

glenwo2 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:26 PM
  #427
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S
 
Sir Fenwick Corsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
The biggest sign to me that the Devils are making the right moves are the standings. We make the playoffs and can go on a run, that's all I want as a fan.

The games haven't been pretty at times, but we clearly have the right staff to get the right players and/or the players doing the right things. Constantly too much ado about nothing around here. Which I get, it's an internet message board, we're suppose to discuss things, but we constantly are getting into crazy talk land lately I feel.
That's a pretty good description of the current state of affairs regarding the Devils.

I think part of the craziness possibly has to do with the fact that the Devils are close. I mean they're right there. They have a very solid core to build around and now that they have shown what they're capable of, people are expecting more and are expecting positive results all the time.

My hope is that they do find a way to bring in a similar style of player to Parise. Not to completely match production (although that would be nice), but just to add another dogged winger to the mix who can further enhance the teams forecheck and allow a true four lines to roll one right after the other. That's the biggest loss with #9. He was a perfect player for the style of play NJ is preaching these days. And he was relentless on the puck. I think that if they can find something similar and add it to the mix, they can do some serious damage again come spring time.

Sir Fenwick Corsi is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:54 PM
  #428
JimEIV
Registered User
 
JimEIV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 23,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
I'm sorry but that's all speculation. You have no idea if that's true.
Not really. About 80% of it was published. From Wade Arnott comments to team comments plus a little understanding of the team, plus knowing a couple of people....none of it is speculation.

JimEIV is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:03 PM
  #429
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
Parise has Ewing theory written all over it.
As a huge fan of Bill Simmons and doing a lot of "research" on the Ewing theory, I don't think Parise fits the bill.

We made the Cup finals with him and the one year we lost him to injury was our worst season in 20 years. Everyone knows it had more to do with MacLean than no Parise, but the theory doesn't account for stuff like that.

apice3* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:03 PM
  #430
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Cowbell232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
Not really. About 80% of it was published. From Wade Arnott comments to team comments plus a little understanding of the team, plus knowing a couple of people....none of it is speculation.
I'd have to say more than 80% was published through 'credible' sources...

People forget this is the Devils, not a video game. It all comes out, and it's all exactly what you think it is. There's no games here.

__________________
"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
"I learned not to question Cowbell's willingness to ban." - Brian Boyle
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:06 PM
  #431
guitarguyvic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I'd have to say more than 80% was published through 'credible' sources...

People forget this is the Devils, not a video game. It all comes out, and it's all exactly what you think it is. There's no games here.
Sarcasm...?

guitarguyvic is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:09 PM
  #432
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
That's a pretty good description of the current state of affairs regarding the Devils.

I think part of the craziness possibly has to do with the fact that the Devils are close. I mean they're right there. They have a very solid core to build around and now that they have shown what they're capable of, people are expecting more and are expecting positive results all the time.

My hope is that they do find a way to bring in a similar style of player to Parise. Not to completely match production (although that would be nice), but just to add another dogged winger to the mix who can further enhance the teams forecheck and allow a true four lines to roll one right after the other. That's the biggest loss with #9. He was a perfect player for the style of play NJ is preaching these days. And he was relentless on the puck. I think that if they can find something similar and add it to the mix, they can do some serious damage again come spring time.
We might have that in Butler. He's been pretty good on the forecheck, we know he has a great shot, it's just a matter of getting opportunities and making the most with them.

Like you said, the core is definitely there. We know what Kovy can do, Elias is an ageless wonder, Clarkson has no signs of slowing down and Zajac is a defensive beast and a catalyst. What we need is role players. We need to make a Ponikarovsky type of trade. Someone who can play 2nd-3rd line minutes, play responsible hockey and generate some scoring when needed. I truly have no idea who that guy is. Honestly, I hope it actualy is Ponikarovsky

apice3* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:10 PM
  #433
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Cowbell232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguyvic View Post
Sarcasm...?
Not a bit. If you follow this team long enough, you can learn the exact way they operate.

Loyalty and doing your job are the only thing that matters here. Parise did one, and was not the other. The writing was on the wall that Lou wasn't going to deal with him after the 1 year deal. Devils don't sign 1 year deals.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:14 PM
  #434
Unknown Caller
Registered User
 
Unknown Caller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
I'd have to say more than 80% was published through 'credible' sources...

People forget this is the Devils, not a video game. It all comes out, and it's all exactly what you think it is. There's no games here.
If I leaned one thing from this organization it's that nobody has any ****ing clue what happens internally. Especially with contract negotiations.

Unknown Caller is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:19 PM
  #435
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Not a bit. If you follow this team long enough, you can learn the exact way they operate.

Loyalty and doing your job are the only thing that matters here. Parise did one, and was not the other. The writing was on the wall that Lou wasn't going to deal with him after the 1 year deal. Devils don't sign 1 year deals.
Fair point.

If Clarkson re-signs and a lot of things suggest he will, do you think Lou overpays him or in opposite fashion, Clarkson takes a discount?

apice3* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:21 PM
  #436
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Cowbell232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Fair point.

If Clarkson re-signs and a lot of things suggest he will, do you think Lou overpays him or in opposite fashion, Clarkson takes a discount?
Honestly? Both. Lou likes his cat, and he eats it too.

I think Clarkson plays a style where his body will break down. He'll get a long term deal that will outplay his usefulness and abilities, but at a fair cap hit.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:21 PM
  #437
Bleedred
Ride the Schneid!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 31,861
vCash: 500
Will Ponikarovsky be available? I feel if Winnipeg falls out he will be.

The longer time goes be though, the more I wonder. Did Lou want to keep Poni or not? If Matteau is a full time NHLer, and we still have Zubrus, will he want him back?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:22 PM
  #438
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Cowbell232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
If I leaned one thing from this organization it's that nobody has any ****ing clue what happens internally. Especially with contract negotiations.
To Eklund and those kind of guys, they're always wrong.

But if you stick your ear up to the right sea shell, one might actually play the ocean.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:24 PM
  #439
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
The biggest sign to me that the Devils are making the right moves are the standings. We make the playoffs and can go on a run, that's all I want as a fan.

The games haven't been pretty at times, but we clearly have the right staff to get the right players and/or the players doing the right things. Constantly too much ado about nothing around here. Which I get, it's an internet message board, we're suppose to discuss things, but we constantly are getting into crazy talk land lately I feel.
That's how HF always is. Three game winning streak, get ready to pop the champagne. Three game losing streak, reach for the razor blades.

Saugus is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:24 PM
  #440
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Will Ponikarovsky be available? I feel if Winnipeg falls out he will be.

The longer time goes be though, the more I wonder. Did Lou want to keep Poni or not? If Matteau is a full time NHLer, and we still have Zubrus, will he want him back?
Poni signed a cheap deal minutes after free agency opened. He wanted to play in Winnipeg.

apice3* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:26 PM
  #441
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
With Josefson and Butler, the 4th line is now one player from being solid and maybe turning into the 3rd line. We must get a rid of Barch as soon as someone else steps up. Yeah, I'm talking about you Andrei.

Yashintangibles is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:34 PM
  #442
RNCDevil
Registered User
 
RNCDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
With Josefson and Butler, the 4th line is now one player from being solid and maybe turning into the 3rd line. We must get a rid of Barch as soon as someone else steps up. Yeah, I'm talking about you Andrei.
sounds like barch...Darche!

RNCDevil is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:48 PM
  #443
Bleedred
Ride the Schneid!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 31,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Poni signed a cheap deal minutes after free agency opened. He wanted to play in Winnipeg.
Wonder if they'd give him up? He don't have a NTC, so he'd have no choice in the matter.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:02 PM
  #444
TaiMaiShu
back to square one
 
TaiMaiShu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,578
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Not a bit. If you follow this team long enough, you can learn the exact way they operate.

Loyalty and doing your job are the only thing that matters here. Parise did one, and was not the other. The writing was on the wall that Lou wasn't going to deal with him after the 1 year deal. Devils don't sign 1 year deals.
Exactly, hence why those rumors for Brent Burns while they both were in RFA years were very real. Can anyone dig those up?

TaiMaiShu is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:12 PM
  #445
Mgd31
Registered User
 
Mgd31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Flushing, NY
Posts: 8,864
vCash: 500
Yea pretty sure the Wild's beat writer Mike Russo wrote about those rumors. Would have been interesting but don't think we make the Finals without Parise.

Mgd31 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:25 PM
  #446
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
I once read that Burns` teammates in Minny used to tell their kids they`re going to a Zoo when they planned on visiting Burns.

The kids always got excited.

Also, I should probably root for Loki just for his name alone. My late grandpa was Andrej too.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:25 PM
  #447
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgd31 View Post
Yea pretty sure the Wild's beat writer Mike Russo wrote about those rumors. Would have been interesting but don't think we make the Finals without Parise.
Adding Burns probably wouldn't have gotten us there, even though he is a good defenceman. Funny that we probably don't really need him now.

Saugus is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:07 PM
  #448
Eggers
:panic:
 
Eggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,714
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kulachuk View Post
Also one of them can score a goal outside of two feet from the crease.

Was parise worth his cap hit? Yes. Is he worth $24mil up front? Only if you have an owner with deep pockets. Will he be worth it a few years from now? Idk but I'd rather bet on kovy and note kovy's contract is far better, a leaner cap hit and money spread out over a billion years.
So you mean Parise?


Eggers is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:08 PM
  #449
NjDevsRR
Registered User
 
NjDevsRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ocean County, NJ
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
Poni still only has 1 point haha poor guy. Our system made him a really good player.

NjDevsRR is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:13 PM
  #450
Semak
Moderator
Here we go again.
 
Semak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Osaka, Japan
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,471
vCash: 500
Minny needed a splash, that's it. It was a team with no identity, no face. And what better way but to bring back a native son who is one of the better players in the league. It was pomp and circumstance, dog and pony show to disguise the fact that they dished out a ton of money. BS all day way.

My only "worry" would be if they get a competent coach cause Yeo seems lost and might not make it after this season.

Semak is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.