HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Taylor Pyatt

Old
02-08-2013, 10:36 PM
The Mouth

vCash: 500
I think you guys are using the words terrific, impressive and surprise a bit too loosely. It's not that I think he hasnt been good but I certainly am not going to throw those kinda accolades around. But thats cool, I hope you guys are right.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:58 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
I think you guys are using the words terrific, impressive and surprise a bit too loosely. It's not that I think he hasnt been good but I certainly am not going to throw those kinda accolades around. But thats cool, I hope you guys are right.
Those terms are not used equally for everyone. If Malkin had the start of a season like Pyatt did, people would say it was awful. For a guy like Pyatt he has played very well. It's all in relation to expectations.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Says the guy that worships every useless goon we have. You're alone on this.
wait till the season is over then make a judgement and i worship no one bro easy with that term

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
HE IS HORRIBLE !!! ONCE THE SHINE WEARS OFF YOU WILL SEE IT. tHE goal the islanders scored he was knocked over fell down and turned over the puck for the break out. He is the soft like one else his size in the league. He also has the worst release of a shot i have ever seen in the game thurs he was in the slot 2 times wide open and looked like a over 40 learn to play hockey guy with his release. he will be the whipping boy by March
Quote:
wait till the season is over then make a judgement and i worship no one bro easy with that term

Uhhhhh.....

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
HE IS HORRIBLE !!! ONCE THE SHINE WEARS OFF YOU WILL SEE IT. tHE goal the islanders scored he was knocked over fell down and turned over the puck for the break out. He is the soft like one else his size in the league. He also has the worst release of a shot i have ever seen in the game thurs he was in the slot 2 times wide open and looked like a over 40 learn to play hockey guy with his release. he will be the whipping boy by March
If only he dropped his gloves then he'd be good enough for you

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:29 AM
KasparsHipCheck

Last game versus the Islanders, his forechecking was responsible for the Gaborik goal. Without him putting pressure on when the Islanders where trying to chip the puck out at the blue line, the never would have gotten the chance to set-up a play in the zone. I don't think he got an assist on it, but he was a key contributer. He's not a top 6 forward, but is a good overall player. He's got 3 goals which is something when the Rangers have a bunch of guys who haven't found the net. I think Tortorella could trust him on the PK, and give him some decent time even-up. He's good for the third-line in Tort's system, since the 4th line doesn't see the ice.

KasparsHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:11 AM
slipknottin

I think he's played well. Really needs to get his shots on net though. He had 3 or 4 opportunities in the slot against the isles and I think he put them all wide

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

I like Pyatt, but he hasn't recorded a point in 5 games, and hasn't scored in 9.

It's time to let him back onto the 3rd line.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
I think he looked great on the 1st with Gaby. Doing a lot of little things that Gaby can't do

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

It's obvious that Gabby's line needs someone to win more puck battles and help on the forecheck, but I'm skeptical about Pyatt's offensive potential. He had a strong start, but I feel we're just asking too much of him putting him on that line.