HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

2013 Ducks toughness thread (with updates)

Old
02-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
DSP is fumbling puck too much. Maroon definitely deserves to be here more than DSP does.

I'd like some more toughness in lineup but that doesn't necessarily mean an enforcer or Staubitz. I want Morrow from Dallas. I don't care how he's struggling this year. Obviously depends on price.

Morrow-Getz-Perry
Palmieri-Ryan-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Bonino-Etem/Maroon/Staubitz
Why do you keep insisting Morrow? For one he's going to be expensive cause he's in our division. Secondly, he's old and slow... And last season he sucked. I don't get it I would choose DSP 10 fold over Morrow, 26 pts in nearly 60 games and you think he should be on our top line? That's nuts

Last edited by Ducksgo: 02-03-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Ducksgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Why do you keep insisting Morrow? For one he's going to be expensive cause he's in our division. Secondly, he's old and slow... And last season he sucked. I don't get it I would choose DSP 10 fold over Morrow, 26 pts in nearly 60 games and you think he should be on our top line? That's nuts
Actually, I don't think he'd be expensive. Dallas would probably take a warm body back. Well, he might get a little less free now that Whitney is out and Morrow will get (yet another) shot to hint that he's still capable of being, well, anything. The thing is he hasn't just been "struggling", he has been a very bad hockey player, and for way more than this short year. It's a gamble I can understand in theory, but I wouldn't be the one to take it, given that he's owed more money than he's worth even for this campaign. He's the Stars' version of Penner, while making more money, and having way less of a history with Getlaf/Perry. I understand some degree of gamble-appeal, but I would not want to take it.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Who are these posters?
Check the demote dsp thread

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
DSP isn't ready. I get that you don't want Morrow, but that statement is ludicrous IMO. He should be demoted immediately.

I for one do not think he would cost much, even if he's in the division. He has no role on his current team and I can't imagine they'd let one of their franchise players stay in a role he hates (if he hates it obviously). There are much better options out there that would be better fit for our top line, but they are also at much higher costs. Realistically I don't believe there are many options that Murray would be willing to target because he's never been one to buy high on for rentals. The guys that seem realistic are Penner and Morrow. If there's other that you believe are better fits and of similar price, by all means list them.

Unless Murray is considering trading for a big time player at 2nd line center (lol), then I don't see the downside of adding someone like morrow.

Obviously no move will happen right now but if Ryan proves ready for 2nd line center duty, then we have only 1 big hole on the team (top LW). Morrow seems to me the best of what's realistically available. Plus if he's not able to handle full time role on top line, then he moves to 4th line and at least brings some toughness (something this team desperately needs) to our lineup. I like this lineup better than our current one:

Morrow/Beleskey-Getz-Perry
Palmieri-Ryan-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Morrow/Beleskey-Bonino-Etem

DSP isn't ready. It's time to get him out of the lineup. We should at least switch he and Maroon.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Ducksgo
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Actually, I don't think he'd be expensive. Dallas would probably take a warm body back. Well, he might get a little less free now that Whitney is out and Morrow will get (yet another) shot to hint that he's still capable of being, well, anything. The thing is he hasn't just been "struggling", he has been a very bad hockey player, and for way more than this short year. It's a gamble I can understand in theory, but I wouldn't be the one to take it, given that he's owed more money than he's worth even for this campaign. He's the Stars' version of Penner, while making more money, and having way less of a history with Getlaf/Perry. I understand some degree of gamble-appeal, but I would not want to take it.
Agreed and making a gamble while moving assets? Doesn't make sense in my eyes. For one we are winning! And to start moving players on a winning team just seems nonsense to me.

Ducksgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Agreed and making a gamble while moving assets? Doesn't make sense in my eyes. For one we are winning! And to start moving players on a winning team just seems nonsense to me.
Don't think morrow would require a roster player. A pick and/or a prospect is what it would take IMO. DSP has had nothing to do with us winning so I don't see harm in moving him down to AHL where he belongs right now.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I think the main reason for that was that nobody really caught it. I think Allen would have stepped up, for sure, but he was already engaged in some action with someone. With some other guys standing around and the referee falling on top of Fowler, it seems that the character of the hit just went unnoticed.
Souray definitely noticed, he went after Stoll late in the third way behind the play. Stoll wanted nothing to do with it though and quickly changed. Souray was also chirping and trying to get Doughty to go after Doughty hit Selanne. Not surprisingly Doughty also wanted nothing to do with Souray.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Souray definitely noticed, he went after Stoll late in the third way behind the play. Stoll wanted nothing to do with it though and quickly changed. Souray was also chirping and trying to get Doughty to go after Doughty hit Selanne. Not surprisingly Doughty wanted nothing to do with Souray.
If Souray will keep doing that (and follow it up with fights and hits) I could cut him a little more slack on some of his other shortcomings.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:32 PM
AngelDuck

I like Souray way more than I thought I was going to. The guy brings a lot to the team (He's physical, big, clears the crease, willing to fight, has a big shot, plays solid in zone defense, etc)

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Yemeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Souray definitely noticed, he went after Stoll late in the third way behind the play. Stoll wanted nothing to do with it though and quickly changed. Souray was also chirping and trying to get Doughty to go after Doughty hit Selanne. Not surprisingly Doughty also wanted nothing to do with Souray.
Yes, saw this also on the broadcast and liked it, even though if someone hits Fowler I would like that someone (please not a top six player) gets a roughing call or major just to send the message.

The thing with Sutton/Perry last year was a disgrace, he basically was not punished for it.

BTW, as we are in the toughness thread, who, from the Ducks, should give Justin Schultz a big "welcome to the NHL, oh you who are too good to play with us" bruise?

Cheers...

Yemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I like Souray way more than I thought I was going to. The guy brings a lot to the team (He's physical, big, clears the crease, willing to fight, has a big shot, plays solid in zone defense, etc)
I don't agree that he's physical (other than in front the crease maybe) but I agree that he's been better than anticipated defensively. I wish he wasn't so slow though, and that he was better in the transition game. Like someone said, he's pretty much a one-trick-pony offensively... But as long as that point shot gives him points it's ok.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:25 PM
pesko

Morrow is done. While he might be available for next to nothing at the deadline, he has no business being in the top six of any NHL team.

pesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:14 PM
AngelDuck

Staubitz bringing the toughness....LMAO

Old
02-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Staubitz bringing the toughness....LMAO
How about posting about Fowler getting cheapshotted and no response

Old
02-08-2013, 08:52 PM
IDuck

unreal few mins. for the ducks

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:58 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
How about posting about Fowler getting cheapshotted and no response
Naw. Staubitz would've speared someone and cost us that game as well

Old
02-08-2013, 09:52 PM
DuckJet
#iamsorry

vCash: 69
Boy. Apparently enforcers can do no wrong.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Papaspud
Bring on...

Quote:
Naw. Staubitz would've speared someone and cost us that game as well
That's because he can't fight well, and is more of a punching bag for the other team to tenderize...which I stated when we signed him. Spearing someone on the other team is easier than getting your ass kicked nightly.

We need to dress a thug, that will drop gloves, and beat the ever loving **** out of whoever they square up with. When Perry was getting mauled, a beat down of Benn or other Dallas skill player would've ended the stupidity rather quickly.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:22 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

woulda be fine if staubitz did it late in the game and we were losing, as opposed to the first period, it was a stupid stupid penalty

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
That's because he can't fight well, and is more of a punching bag for the other team to tenderize...which I stated when we signed him. Spearing someone on the other team is easier than getting your ass kicked nightly.

We need to dress a thug, that will drop gloves, and beat the ever loving **** out of whoever they square up with. When Perry was getting mauled, a beat down of Benn or other Dallas skill player would've ended the stupidity rather quickly.
That's what I expected out of Staubitz. Taking obvious, stupid penalties in open ice is not whet he was brought here for. He needs to get dirty with other teams top players in the corner or in front of the net. That's getting your money's worth. A nasty cross check or slew foot is what's required. The kind that only cost you 2 minutes but make their point.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 1661
I 100% support the nut spear. Next time he needs to really put some stank on it, though.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:50 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
If Souray will keep doing that (and follow it up with fights and hits) I could cut him a little more slack on some of his other shortcomings.
Souray broke his wrist in his last fight FYI

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Boy. Apparently enforcers can do no wrong.
Who ever said that?
Staubitz plays multiple impressive games in a row you and Duck angel are quiet the minute who takes a penalty you jump to the computer
For the record i feel PL3 should be called up and play against rivals and Staubitz against the softer teams

Old
02-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Souray broke his wrist in his last fight FYI
He is also this teams #1 Dman ahead of Fowler he should not be fighting unless he absolutely has to

Old
02-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post

He is a light heavyweight he gets killed against the Orrs and Scotts of the NHL but because he is the only option he at least tries