HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #12: vs Anaheim, 2/08 (7:30 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, NHLN, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Old
02-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
Oleksiak not getting his assist because the Goose pass was tipped.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:12 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Another win! Maybe we're pulling the same stunt the Texas Stars did. Slow start then come hot out of the gates

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:13 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Stars WIN!!!
And more importantly, won with a >1 margin and outshot the opposition. Holding Anaheim to 1 SOG in the 3rd was great.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Benn has just been a monster since he finally got into shape. The best thing is I'm not even sure it's a hot streak.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigG44

I really thought Turco was just nervous, but he's been fighting to get his thoughts out still 1/4 of the way into the season.

For entertainment's sake, I wish he'd start making up words like Emmitt Smith use to do.

You got blowed out son.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:16 PM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Can't i enjoy the post game show without that Friday song playing in the background?

Also is Kari losing his accent?

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Phil Connors*

3 game win streak, still feels pretty rare after that 10-11 season. Anyone know how many we had last year?

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I really thought Turco was just nervous, but he's been fighting to get his thoughts out still 1/4 of the way into the season.

For entertainment's sake, I wish he'd start making up words like Emmitt Smith use to do.

You got blowed out son.
Yes, please! Yes

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Still doing 2nd periods wrong, so there's that. Glad for the win.

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Shocked that Morrow didnt look completely out of place.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:24 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Was I the only one HF wasn't working for tonight? Must be Nemo

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Gully looks baked.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:41 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

I believe this is also the first game where we've outshot an opponent this season

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:42 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
so i know that 'leadership' gets a big laugh around here, and that robidas is everyone's second favourite whipping boy... but did not the fight he had with perry set a tone? and lead by example? win or lose, when you get after the other team's top players, you open yourself up to a retaliatory shot, sometimes a cheap unavoidable one. and robidas didn't shy away from the opportunity. i'll be happy when he gets moved or at least is the 6/7 dman here, but the guy is freaking competitive. he'll take hit after hit (our in-house nickname for him is gumby) and doesn't quit. that's pretty relentless competitiveness, and damn good leadership.

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eartotheground View Post
so i know that 'leadership' gets a big laugh around here, and that robidas is everyone's second favourite whipping boy... but did not the fight he had with perry set a tone? and lead by example? win or lose, when you get after the other team's top players, you open yourself up to a retaliatory shot, sometimes a cheap unavoidable one. and robidas didn't shy away from the opportunity. i'll be happy when he gets moved or at least is the 6/7 dman here, but the guy is freaking competitive. he'll take hit after hit (our in-house nickname for him is gumby) and doesn't quit. that's pretty relentless competitiveness, and damn good leadership.
The only reason I'm really hating on him is because he's not in the proper role. If he was our #5-6, then he'd be doing exactly what we expect of him, and we'd all probably be happy with him. He just sucks so much ass as a top pairing D.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:33 AM
cmwang

Do you guys think roussel deserves playing time over garbutt? Other than that pretty first goal i'm not sure he has done much for me.

cmwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:51 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

I'm almost 100% certain we will see Garbutt or Wandell next game after seeing Rousell getting benched near the end of the game (Hoping to see Garbutt).

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
He had a good game tonight. Unfortunately that's not a common occurrence. Like Cin mentioned there would be much less hate if he was played as a 6/7 defenseman and stopped showing up on the #1 PP unit. He is competitive, but he also whines a lot, to the point where the refs appear to just tune him out.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwang View Post
Do you guys think roussel deserves playing time over garbutt? Other than that pretty first goal i'm not sure he has done much for me.
Other than one dumb penalty I've like what I've seen from him. Skates with a lot of energy, forechecks and backchecks, looked good on the PK tonight, and has actually drawn a couple of calls. He's seems to agitate the opposing team more than Garbutt; however, he can't take dumb penalties and expect to stay in the line up.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Bkennedy
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm gonna say this and probably get shunned for it.

Gully might know what he's doing.

Robidas is looking fine. I really really liked him tonight.

Morrow might be good.

BOOM.

Bkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:26 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkennedy View Post
I'm gonna say this and probably get shunned for it.

Gully might know what he's doing.

Robidas is looking fine. I really really liked him tonight.

Morrow might be good.

BOOM.
How dare you approve of anything those two losers do. Robidas should be off the team for his vicious attack on the very respectable Corey Perry, and Morrow is done here, an orange cone can play better hockey than he can!

In all seriousness I missed tonight's game but watched the recap. I don't give a ***** what people think of Robidas, Corey Perry is a ****. If Jamie Benn did the same thing we'd all be approving. Glad to see that those two played a decent game. As far as Morrow goes I think he still has something left in the tank. Ribeiro was the perfect linemate for him, in the way he slowed down the game. I know Jagr is capable of the same thing. Whether or not this top line can stay hot is one thing, but I see no reason why they couldn't. Also how did Souray tonight? Saw he was roughing up Benn after the fight.

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
I hate that fight.

Fights are a chance to swing momentum. At that point, the ice was tilted in favor of the Stars, so why give Perry the chance to play his game and steal some of the momentum the Stars had going? Plus that is pretty much the Ducks style of play, why go to that level instead of making them play the Stars' way? I agree that trading Robidas for Perry for 5 minutes is a good deal for Dallas, but in the context of 2 rookie defensemen now playing more against players like Getzlaff, Ryan, and Selanne, it could have backfired bigtime. Finally, it feels like a thing Steve Ott would have gotten into on one of his stupider days.

For whatever reason, Robidas always brings it against the Ducks, and while I appreciate that, its too bad he can't seem to be energized when Dallas plays the Blue Jackets or the Oilers or the Coyotes.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:41 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchtrickBateman View Post
How dare you approve of anything those two losers do. Robidas should be off the team for his vicious attack on the very respectable Corey Perry, and Morrow is done here, an orange cone can play better hockey than he can!

In all seriousness I missed tonight's game but watched the recap. I don't give a ***** what people think of Robidas, Corey Perry is a ****. If Jamie Benn did the same thing we'd all be approving. Glad to see that those two played a decent game. As far as Morrow goes I think he still has something left in the tank. Ribeiro was the perfect linemate for him, in the way he slowed down the game. I know Jagr is capable of the same thing. Whether or not this top line can stay hot is one thing, but I see no reason why they couldn't. Also how did Souray tonight? Saw he was roughing up Benn after the fight.
Morrow has looked better the last few games, but slowing the game down for him is the tail wagging the dog. Benn's strengths should be the focus of that line, Morrow is only there because that is the way the lines fit together now.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Clardz

Was at the game tonight, I kind of skimmed through this thread but here are a few things I noticed, apologies if they were well covered already:

The Robidas/Perry stuff starting brewing from their first shift against each other on the ice. The actual fight happened a few shifts later, was surprising but props to Robidas for trying to answer the call for the spear. No clue why he keeps ending up on the powerplay

Nystrom had some really good energy shifts. He and Roussell are a great tandem in that regard, lots of hustle. Fiddler rounds out the 4th line with them well, though I've seen a lot of beer leaguers with a better shot than him.

Vincour needs to shoot more. He had that great hit and a few other subtle plays, but several times in the offensive zone he just held onto the puck looking to make a pass when he should have ripped it.

Morrow played better but, like I'm sure most people on here, I'm looking forward to Whitney's return which will hopefully put the Captain back down the chart

Clardz is offline   Reply With Quote