HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 6 playmaker to Vancouver

Old
02-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Too late, too late. Stringer Bell already talked me out of Rodin. (The second still might fly, though).
Rodin and a 4th?

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:43 AM
kihei

vCash: 3050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Rodin and a 4th?
Now that I've been warned, the bloom is off the rose.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Fine, fine. Although a lot of people on the Canucks board are higher than Stringerbell.

Sauve and a 4th?

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:52 AM
kihei

Quote:
Fine, fine. Although a lot of people on the Canucks board are higher than Stringerbell.

Sauve and a 4th?
Let me check with Stringer Bell first.

Actually, I think there is at least a reasonable chance that someone might cough up a second for him eventually, and I think I would prefer to wait that out. He's one of those guys who could fit in with a lot of teams and help out, at least in the short run.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post
Interesting. Never really thought of Brassard as an option. Doesn't he play mostly center? Could be a good compliment to Kesler and Booth. A 1st probably isn't too much to give tbh.
I remember hearing on team 1040 today, they mentioned (either Gillis/Gilman) had hinted that they like Kesler at the wing since he is such a shoot-first guy (they scoffed at the idea of a playmaking winger). Im totally paraphrasing, but we have seen Kesler have tonnes of success on the wing (w/ Sundin, on the PP).

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Auger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyDice View Post
I don't like it.

And that is different. You can be a cup champ or not a cup champ, there's no in between. When you call someone a 40 goal scorer you're doing it to pin their talent level which is on a scale. He scored 40 goals once, he is technically a "40 goal scorer" but when people use that term it's not used to describe career highs but rather what you can expect out of the player, and it is therefore misleading to label Kesler a 40 goal scorer even though he has scored 40 goals once.
Argument is horrible. When people use "cup champ" it's not so black and white that you're either a cup champ or you're not. It's used as evidence to suggest that one player is superior to another based on some inherent ability to win a cup. It's exactly the same damn argument. You either score 40 goals or you don't, whether he is a threat for it every year is a different story entirely.

Auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:47 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Let me check with Stringer Bell first.

Actually, I think there is at least a reasonable chance that someone might cough up a second for him eventually, and I think I would prefer to wait that out. He's one of those guys who could fit in with a lot of teams and help out, at least in the short run.

Sauve got hit by a car a couple years back and his development has since stalled. He also wasn't that great to start with IMO. Quite a few Canucks fans are hoping we don't offer him a contract this offseason and make room on the farm for some more promising D prospects.

I'd take that beer instead.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:46 AM
kihei

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post

Sauve got hit by a car a couple years back and his development has since stalled. He also wasn't that great to start with IMO. Quite a few Canucks fans are hoping we don't offer him a contract this offseason and make room on the farm for some more promising D prospects.

I'd take that beer instead.
ever thought of being a double agent? we can get you the two-way radio, the trench coat, the invisible ink, the cyanide pill, the works....land us Kassian/Schneider/1st in that trade for Kessel and you can name your price....mum's the word

Old
02-09-2013, 01:23 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
ever thought of being a double agent? we can get you the two-way radio, the trench coat, the invisible ink, the cyanide pill, the works....land us Kassian/Schneider/1st in that trade for Kessel and you can name your price....mum's the word
For the Leafs? Hah. I'd betray you guys so fast. One morning you'd wake up to see Nonis traded all your futures for Luongo and you'd never hear from me again

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:42 PM
roon

Any interest in PMB?

roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Epimetheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
Any interest in PMB?
If he is playing somewhere else,maybe.Can't see a deal that could satisfy both teams.

Epimetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:49 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
trust me, Rodin and Sauve are not players you want

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:08 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Quote:
In what fairy tale land would we be wanting that deal? We're off to a 6-2-2 start...
...because of Luongo.

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:17 PM
hockeycore

Not that it would ever happen, but what would be the return for Tanguay from Calgary? (Pretend we aren't rivals.)

hockeycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:48 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Marr-cuhs Joe-hans-son.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Mats86

Quote:
With Kesler being less than a week away from playing and David Booth not to far behind him we could really use a guy who's main strength is being a setup man. I'm looking for someone to buy low on like McArthur and Teddy Purcell but would also look at guys like Blake Wheeler or PA Parenteau.
Habs may deal Desharnais? He'll give ya 60 pointish, cap friendly. Habs need to get a little bigger and Eller is being wasted on the back lines. Asking 2nd round pick

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Noob616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Well what would Montreal want? I like Desharnais' game, but it's all about price. Expiring contract (granted he's RFA) that's due for a raise, with a falling cap...I mean the player would work well here, the contract status...not so much after this year.

Montreal doesn't need a starter, and, tbh, I don't know what shape their roster and prospect cupboard is in, short of Gallagher and Galchenyuk.
We're lacking high end forward prospects. Now that Galchenyuk and Gallagher seem to be regulars, the next best forward prospect left is probably Sebastian Collberg who is at least 2 years out, or Danny Kristo (who is no guarantee to sign here, he might pull a J. Schultz). Anything involving forward prospects or picks would be good.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote