HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v26: Chuckers Gonna Chuck II: Chuck Harder

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Koto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Need to get rid of Bargs for a legit PF though, then I think we'll be set.
Does boozer qualify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Bargs played great tonight, plays strogn defense (no I'm serious), and has looked very efficient offensively in the last 2 games. He's 12/20 in the last 2 games. I like him as a 6th man, and I think he will flourish as a 6th man. I'm willing to give him the rest of the season to see how he does with this core. We might be on to something with him off the bench...
can we afford to pay a bench player 10 mil?

Old
02-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Hyperglide

How the hell did I miss this game!!!! OMG!! GAY OLD TIME BABY!! Tassels with the win!

Old
02-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

Toronto is so Gay

Old
02-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Sadly I must admit I have watched all Raps games since the Gay acquisition and I had never watched 1 game in my life before that. Very entertaining team, if the officials were consistent with calls for both sides we might actually be a .500 team.

Old
Brody
Brooklyn ✔

vCash: 24591
Quote:
Bargs played great tonight, plays strogn defense (no I'm serious), and has looked very efficient offensively in the last 2 games. He's 12/20 in the last 2 games. I like him as a 6th man, and I think he will flourish as a 6th man. I'm willing to give him the rest of the season to see how he does with this core. We might be on to something with him off the bench...
I agree that he's played well, but I seriously doubt he'll keep it up. I want a legit PF so Amir can come off the bench, we all know he's great and love him, but if we want to become a dangerous team we cannot have him starting. Gray can't start either, but JV will obviously take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
Does boozer qualify?
For me, yes. I think the team can go into win-now mode next season.

Old
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Does boozer qualify?

can we afford to pay a bench player 10 mil?
If he can give you 15-17 ppg off the bench, with efficient shooting and solid defense, hell yea I'm down to pay him $10 mil.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
If he can give you 15-17 ppg off the bench, with efficient shooting and solid defense, hell yea I'm down to pay him $10 mil.
If bargs works on his shooting stroke enough to be a next to a sure thing at the 3 or the long two, he will be really scary off the bench.

Having him able to be put in off the bench allows you to roll a stronger second unit, and have a consistant outside threat to put into the game when situations call for it. I just wish bargs was more clutch. Take less looks, but sink the ones you take. I would be happy with 15/20 on a nightly basis. He would be amazing.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Christ

Why does Bargs seem to be the Antropov of the Raptors to me?

Old
02-08-2013, 10:28 PM
socratic

Amazing win. Had to beat Indiana and the Refs who both threw down the gauntlet. Very fun to watch.

Other things I loved:
  • Amir's best 30 seconds ever. Love the guy.
  • Bargnani finding his role and making it work.
  • Jack voicing his opinion and letting people know what's what.
  • Not perfect, but much better floor time for the right guys.
  • Val - the dude's had it rough, but I like him, and he's learning via some tough beatdowns.

Regarding trades, I think Bargnani is a better and more valuable asset to most teams than Boozer. I am not sure which one is the better fit for the Raps.

To those worrying about having a 10 mill player come off the bench, I'll repeat and elaborate what a few others have said over the past days: We're unlikely to sign big free agents. Spending via trade, and overpaying Bargnani and Fields isn't the worst thing that could ever happen.

It's comforting to have the 5-7 million in space in case you need to resign a guy, or pick up a mid-level free agent, but I am coming around to the idea of letting MLSE worrying about balancing the books and just enjoying the product on the floor.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Koto

i pulled this from the last thread, are you telling me in 2000, players were UFA's after their rookie contract? tha ****!?

how was Tracy Mcgrady able to walk as a free agent after only playing 3 seasons? shouldnt he have been an RFA not a UFA, I thought the nba had similar free agent rules to the nhl?

Those weren't the rules in 2000 when he left.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

vCash: 350
Quote:
i pulled this from the last thread, are you telling me in 2000, players were UFA's after their rookie contract? tha ****!?

how was Tracy Mcgrady able to walk as a free agent after only playing 3 seasons? shouldnt he have been an RFA not a UFA, I thought the nba had similar free agent rules to the nhl?

TMac was signed and then traded to the Magic for a future first round pick.

I have no idea what happened to that pick though.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Brody
Brooklyn ✔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
TMac was signed and then traded to the Magic for a future first round pick.

I have no idea what happened to that pick though.
What happened to the pick we got from Miami in the Bosh deal?

Old
02-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we flipped it to Chicago for James Johnson.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:53 AM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

Quote:
We acquired our 1st round pick (Valanciunas), as well as Miami's 1st round pick in the deal for Bosh. Miami's pick was flipped for James Johnson. Chicago drafted Norris Cole with that pick, who was then traded to Minnesota, and then reacquired by Miami.

Our 1st round pick was dealt to Miami back in '09 in the O'Neal/Marion deal btw.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:22 AM
Brody
Brooklyn ✔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
I'm pretty sure we flipped it to Chicago for James Johnson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
We acquired our 1st round pick (Valanciunas), as well as Miami's 1st round pick in the deal for Bosh. Miami's pick was flipped for James Johnson. Chicago drafted Norris Cole with that pick, who was then traded to Minnesota, and then reacquired by Miami.

Our 1st round pick was dealt to Miami back in '09 in the O'Neal/Marion deal btw.
Damn, my bad. Totally forgot about the James Johnson trade, still a ****** deal. Pretty sure we flipped him for a 2nd the next season, right?

Old
02-09-2013, 02:03 AM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

Yeah a 2014 2nd round pick.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:30 AM
Hyperglide

Quote:
Damn, my bad. Totally forgot about the James Johnson trade, still a ****** deal. Pretty sure we flipped him for a 2nd the next season, right?
It's Sacramentos 2nd though so basically it's like a high 1st.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Soundwave

The NBA's RFA rules back in 2000 were ridiculous. The Raptors should've been able to retain McGrady for 6-7 years at least, even the Cavs got that much time with LeBron.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Hyperglide

WTF?!?! What was this garbage? Hope he's suspended. Didn't see this till about 5 minutes ago.

Awesome for Armstrong to stand up for the guy calling him a hack. Such a dirty cheap shot. How the hell did he finish the game with 0 fouls? Wow it appears I missed a good one.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:54 AM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
WTF?!?! What was this garbage? Hope he's suspended. Didn't see this till about 5 minutes ago.

Awesome for Armstrong to stand up for the guy calling him a hack. Such a dirty cheap shot. How the hell did he finish the game with 0 fouls? Wow it appears I missed a good one.
How the hell do the refs miss that??? Jonas is probably re-injured now thanks to that stupid play.

02-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Leafsforlife98

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
How the hell do the refs miss that??? Jonas is probably re-injured now thanks to that stupid play.
He came back and played after with a brace on it, but that still worries me. Indiana is a very dirty team. They have been doing this all year. They were pulling that kind of crap all night and get away with it. No wonder they won 15 straight home games. Refs are pretty much giving them wins by allowing so much stuff to happen and calling very little.

It sucks, cuz when you play a team like that and you drive and get fouled and DON"T get the call, it makes you not want to drive and take jump shots instead and that's how Indiana plays.

They remind me of the Detroit Pistons when they were winning Championships.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:20 AM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
He came back and played after with a brace on it, but that still worries me. Indiana is a very dirty team. They have been doing this all year. They were pulling that kind of crap all night and get away with it. No wonder they won 15 straight home games. Refs are pretty much giving them wins by allowing so much stuff to happen and calling very little.

It sucks, cuz when you play a team like that and you drive and get fouled and DON"T get the call, it makes you not want to drive and take jump shots instead and that's how Indiana plays.

They remind me of the Detroit Pistons when they were winning Championships.
Reminds me of the old school Reggie Miller - Patrick Ewing stuff.. Seriously though.. Raptors are completely disrespected by referees constantly. This is something that is more important because it's player safety, not just a foul.

Like I said earlier, Jonas could've been re-injured, luckily he came back, but still.. What if he would've re-injured Jonas? Then what?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I hope Vali is alright. That was downright dirty. Looked like a football tackle more than anything.

Glad Amir stuffed that rebound down their throats and Rudy came up big. Fun, but nerve-racking game.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:13 PM
johnnyutah

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPT-Qxccfo4 around 255 they get into the T-mac leaving the raptors catastrophe. I can forgive Carter and Bosh for leaving because they stuck with us for se7en years, carried the team on their back and left after our management made a lot of strange desicsions. T-mac left after only 3 seasons, after we drafted him out of highschool and helped develope him into a star. We surrounded him with a team that could compete for a championship. Kobe once said if he had stayed him and his cousin vince would have won championships together.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:16 PM
fasteddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
I hope Vali is alright. That was downright dirty. Looked like a football tackle more than anything.

Glad Amir stuffed that rebound down their throats and Rudy came up big. Fun, but nerve-racking game.
No matter how much the refs or teams that have no respect for toronto, we overcame and we Won!

Keep Plugging there is a little time left.

Closed Thread