HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #12: vs Anaheim, 2/08 (7:30 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, NHLN, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Old
02-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clardz View Post

The Robidas/Perry stuff starting brewing from their first shift against each other on the ice. The actual fight happened a few shifts later, was surprising but props to Robidas for trying to answer the call for the spear. No clue why he keeps ending up on the powerplay
I didn't see this here, but they said on the broadcast the Robidas said some things about Perry being dirty to some media, which may explain why that happened, and part of why I think it was stupid and selfish to fight.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:11 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Morrow has looked better the last few games, but slowing the game down for him is the tail wagging the dog. Benn's strengths should be the focus of that line, Morrow is only there because that is the way the lines fit together now.
Oh I agree. I just think Jagr is capable of slowing down the game. Something the rest of our line up struggles with. Besides Loui, Jagr, and Ryder, the rest of the team is more skate, skate, skate, and cycle(something Morrow is not very good at due to his less than great puck handling skills)

HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:13 AM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
I hate that fight.

Fights are a chance to swing momentum. At that point, the ice was tilted in favor of the Stars, so why give Perry the chance to play his game and steal some of the momentum the Stars had going? Plus that is pretty much the Ducks style of play, why go to that level instead of making them play the Stars' way? I agree that trading Robidas for Perry for 5 minutes is a good deal for Dallas, but in the context of 2 rookie defensemen now playing more against players like Getzlaff, Ryan, and Selanne, it could have backfired bigtime. Finally, it feels like a thing Steve Ott would have gotten into on one of his stupider days.

For whatever reason, Robidas always brings it against the Ducks, and while I appreciate that, its too bad he can't seem to be energized when Dallas plays the Blue Jackets or the Oilers or the Coyotes.

i'm not sure how perry can steal the momentum when it's still even play. when we lose an okay dman and they lose a primo forward. and the rookies are playing at or above robidas' level anyway. and you reference, "play the stars way" .... what way is that? what have we established as an easily recognizable identity?

and ott got into things that wound up with us shorthanded, not even strength with one of the opposing team's best players in the box and us with an ok player in the box.

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:49 AM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:02 AM
KiedisA

That pic represent my feelings at the time.. It was a closer game as it should had been.. And the killer goal went to the player who needed it the most. LOUI!!

KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkennedy View Post
I'm gonna say this and probably get shunned for it.

Gully might know what he's doing.

Robidas is looking fine. I really really liked him tonight.

Morrow might be good.

BOOM.
I think Gulutzan might finally be coming around, but the other 2 points you raise are pretty hilarious

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:54 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post

He probably needed a cigarette after that goal.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote