HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens eyeing Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 02:07 AM
marty111

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
No reasonable person disagrees with that.

Maatta + 1st is a solid deal value wise, it just doesn't do much from an organizational standpoint. In the past two drafts they've picked two first round defenseman, and another 35th overall who was projected as a first rounder. They need forwards and more specifically centreman.

Would the Pens trade Letang for a centreman? Because its the same logic. It makes no sense to trade a valuable roster player only to add to a surplus at another position.

IF the Leafs were to trade Kulemin for a prospect and pick, that prospect would almost certainly be a forward, likely centreman because the + late first is a total crap shoot at this point.
Well said... thank you.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:17 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Yes, there is a lot of irony. Fans here think "Oh the Pens need a winger. Let's live in fantasy land and come up with some astronomical return for our player!" The same thing happened with Kaberle.

Here's the ironic part. The Pens really don't need to invest a lot to get a winger. We won the friggin cup a few years ago with Fedotenko and Talbot in our top 6

Laugh all you want about irony but the fact of the matter is Morrow for a 2nd or 3rd would be more beneficial than giving up Maata, a 1st, and someone else considering we've done more with less previously.

It's these kind of threads that definitely remind me on why I don't feel bad that Toronto hasn't made the playoffs the past few years. Pure truculence
Pure arrogance. Again, only 1 team was fortunate enough to win a lottery and get a generational talent that saved their franchise from bankruptcy, relocation, and brought back all the fair weather fans.

And go read the Kaberle threads; Leafs fans said 1st + centre prospect. They got 1st + prospect + conditional 2nd if Boston won.

They were scoffed at for Beauchemin proposals - look what he got. Schenn for JVR - 'ROFL dumb Leaf fans' look what happened. 1st for Versteeg? Dumb Leaf fans, it was 1st + 3rd.

I don't dispute the more with less; I proposed Stempniak for Pens second a week or so ago and it was well received.. I love watching the Pens and I really wanna see Sid add a Conn Smythe to the trophy case... But damn, some Penguins fans (not all) are down right arrogant and feel a sense of entitlement.

I don't understand the entitlement. You CHEER for a better team, so that makes one better or more informed and knowledgable? It's incredible the amount of players, coaches, GM's, scouts etc. southern Ontario produces for a bunch of delusional idiots, as they're so often referred to around here.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:25 AM
Jaded-Fan

All that I said was that if the price is something like what Leaf's fans are saying here there will be better options out there for that price. How is that arrogance? The Leafs can ask whatever they want or not offer him at all. The Pens can likewise explore other options if they feel that the asking price is too high.

Maybe there just is no deal to be made which is fine too.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:38 AM
Honour Over Glory

I had no idea the Leafs depth of quality young defensemen. We might as well just call Maatta and tell him to quit now.

There is no reasonable discussion to be had with Leafs fans. It was apparent when the Pens had Staal and discussions were had in this forum and the countless times Kulemin has been brought up because some Leafs fan wants to see him reunited with Malkin or the team's dire need of wingers, yet the team has never suffered from a lack of scoring.

If the Pens are ever to move their 1st and a blue chip d prospect, it won't be for an inconsistent goal scorer that has the qualities of a 3rd liner but can't score like a top 6 winger, which really, makes him a 3rd liner that just gets top 6 minutes but still produces like a 3rd liner.

I'm quite content with a 50pt winger in Kunitz, a 40 goal scorer in Neal, and a solid 40+ winger in Dupuis...centered by 2 100+ pt centers and well, the 2 best players in the game today. Could the team use another winger? Sure, I'm confident that winger is Beau Bennett, next year. This year, the team will make do.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:17 AM
Mister Hockey

I think he's worth Jeffery and a Third. Not two first round picks.

You folks need get real. Shero would never do that deal.

Old
02-09-2013, 06:41 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Kulemin on the pengiuns is a very scary thought

Old
02-09-2013, 06:45 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hockey View Post

Lol....maybe Jeffery and a 3rd can play along side Malkin then?

Old
02-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hockey View Post

That's not enough but Shero isn't going to I've them a first as some seem to want

Old
02-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

the most hillarious part of this thread is pens fans acting like kulemin is for sale to the highest bidder.

we don't want your late first or your d prospects. kulemin plays on our shutdown line and considering there's no internal options to replace him and pens fans clearly don't want to give up any NHL talent, we're more then happy keeping him.

this whole holier than thau attitude coming from pens fans in here is disgusting. just because you're team was lucky in the draft lottery doesn't make your opinion more important.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Pure arrogance. Again, only 1 team was fortunate enough to win a lottery and get a generational talent that saved their franchise from bankruptcy, relocation, and brought back all the fair weather fans.

And go read the Kaberle threads; Leafs fans said 1st + centre prospect. They got 1st + prospect + conditional 2nd if Boston won.

They were scoffed at for Beauchemin proposals - look what he got. Schenn for JVR - 'ROFL dumb Leaf fans' look what happened. 1st for Versteeg? Dumb Leaf fans, it was 1st + 3rd.

I don't dispute the more with less; I proposed Stempniak for Pens second a week or so ago and it was well received.. I love watching the Pens and I really wanna see Sid add a Conn Smythe to the trophy case... But damn, some Penguins fans (not all) are down right arrogant and feel a sense of entitlement.

I don't understand the entitlement. You CHEER for a better team, so that makes one better or more informed and knowledgable? It's incredible the amount of players, coaches, GM's, scouts etc. southern Ontario produces for a bunch of delusional idiots, as they're so often referred to around here.
well said.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:50 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Logic dictates the Pens or anyone else wouldn't offer the same for Kulemin as they would for Iginla or Perry.

Well, look at what we offered for and got Hossa for.

Look at what the Devils offered and got Kovalchuk for.

There is precedence for this ya know

BTW, a 1st and a mid-prospect seems fair for Kulemin. He sure as hell isn't worth Maata, a first, and a prospect/player, essentially two first round picks and a prospect/player.
You're right. A first and a mid prospect is fair. But the thing is we arent looking to trade him, so fair value isnt gonna get it done.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:04 AM
chethejet

It is amazing just how bad Toronto as a hockey franchise has been. This is a crown jewel of hockey for most Canadians and they have been abysmal. I am not sure there is any other sports team to match how a team located in a city that pays top dollar to watch this crap for so long. Yes there are professional teams that have been very bad like my buccos. But even the Dallas Cryboys have some level of talent and competitiveness. Yet the Leaf fans have a sense of some deserved legacy that is just not close to the mark. I have been fortunate to watch Mario, Jagr, Kovalev in his prime, Crosby and Maklin. I understand the economics that the Pens faced for so many years. But the Leafs are the Yankees by comparison and that is just astounding how bad your beloved Leafs have been. Stop hiring Canadian hard heads who are still in the fifties, and hire people who actually know what they are doing. Time to turn over a new leaf. Scout better, draft better, develop better and coach better and get some good luck every once in a while. You want to win, do the above.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethejet View Post
It is amazing just how bad Toronto as a hockey franchise has been. This is a crown jewel of hockey for most Canadians and they have been abysmal. I am not sure there is any other sports team to match how a team located in a city that pays top dollar to watch this crap for so long. Yes there are professional teams that have been very bad like my buccos. But even the Dallas Cryboys have some level of talent and competitiveness. Yet the Leaf fans have a sense of some deserved legacy that is just not close to the mark. I have been fortunate to watch Mario, Yagr, Kovalev in his prime, Crosby and Maklin. I understand the economics that the Pens faced for so many years. But the Leafs are the Yankees by comparison and that is just astounding how bad your beloved Leafs have been. Stop hiring Canadian hard heads who are still in the fifties, and hire people who actually know what they are doing. Time to turn over a new leaf. Scout better, draft better, develop better and coach better and get some good luck every once in a while. You want to win, do the above.
BTW not sure who you are referring about the Canadian hard heads but Burke is American

Old
02-09-2013, 08:12 AM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
the most hillarious part of this thread is pens fans acting like kulemin is for sale to the highest bidder.

we don't want your late first or your d prospects. kulemin plays on our shutdown line and considering there's no internal options to replace him and pens fans clearly don't want to give up any NHL talent, we're more then happy keeping him.

this whole holier than thau attitude coming from pens fans in here is disgusting. just because you're team was lucky in the draft lottery doesn't make your opinion more important.
How dare Pens fans scoff at the asking price for Kulemin. It is like they want the trade to make sense or somethin'.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
How dare Pens fans scoff at the asking price for Kulemin. It is like they want the trade to make sense or somethin'.
Or you could actually consider the other teams needs when making trade proposals. Crazy idea, I know.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:33 AM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Quote:
Or you could actually consider the other teams needs when making trade proposals. Crazy idea, I know.
Most Pens fans have, and most agree that a deal isn't to be had.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Most Pens fans have, and most agree that a deal isn't to be had.
if that was actually happening, you wouldn't be "scoffing" at the leafs asking price. thanks for coming out.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:58 AM
calcal798

Quote:

A statement I couldnt agree more with.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:29 AM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

James Neal + 1st for Kulemin.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

One Pens fan thinking 'please make it stop'...

Old
02-09-2013, 09:57 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Quote:
James Neal + 1st for Kulemin.
Add Letang.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:15 AM
SaturdayNightSlegr

Entitled Pens fan here, who like most of us, just got back on the bandwagon in 2005

-IMO Pens are contenders now, with or without Kulemin. They will only accept trades which improve their team NOW. No robbing Peter to pay Paul (e.g trading a Top 6 Fwd, Sutter or a Top 4 D).

-IMO Leafs are not contenders now, with or without Kulemin. Therefore they should consider trades which *may* not improve their team now, but *may* improve their team in the future.

-Leafs are aborbing most of the risk here and the Pens want Kulemin; so Pens must overpay.

Pens proposals for Kulemin

2 of (Kennedy*, Jeffrey, Tangradi) + 2013 2nd

1 of (Kennedy*, Jeffrey, Tangradi) + 1 of (Morrow, Harrington, Maata, Pouliot) + 2013 2nd

* Shero would cover part of TK's salary cap hit. Tyler Kennedy's career GPG, APG, PPG are almost identical to Kulemin's

(crazy idea, just throwing it out there: change 2013 2nd to 2013 1st in the proposals above and give up Kessel instead of Kulemin)

Old
02-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Flat Stanley

Penguins were lucky and won a lottery that brought back all the bandwagon fans, never heard that one before.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:31 AM
nwpensfan

I love how Pens fans are 'arrogant and holier than thou' when Leafs fans don't like what we consider fair return. But Leafs fans are more knowledgeable hockey people when Pens fans don't like Leafs fans idea of fair return.

I think those in the 'Mecca of Hockey' ought to take a look in the mirror. We are all just fans of a hockey team after all.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:37 AM
66-29-33

Quote:
Like Leaf fans have in the past?

TK for Kessel.

Closed Thread