HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Alex Goligoski

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 09:12 PM
  #26
GoneFullHextall
NOT MY PRESIDENT
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 43,560
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
They wouldn't have to trade salary. They can LTIR Pronger, which would fit Goligoski just fine.

Laughton projects to be a 3rd line center and our organizational depth is at center (and the players playing center in NHL are all pretty young as well). Where else would you trade from to get a player like Goligoski organizationally?
for some reason I thought they already had LTIR'd Pronger. They havent LTIR'd Walker either. (according to capgeek)
Hard to know what Dallas would want in return. they gave up Neal plus for him. Not sure if they would take a good prospect and a 2nd.

so We would have

Timonen/Coburn
Goligoski/Schenn
Mez/Grossman

ignore how I have the pairings. Then you would have Foster,Lilja,Gervais sitting in the pressbox eating salary. 9 defenseman on the pro roster. Im thinking if they make a move for Goligoski someone goes off our current top 5.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:14 PM
  #27
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
for some reason I thought they already had LTIR'd Pronger. They havent LTIR'd Walker either. (according to capgeek)
Hard to know what Dallas would want in return. they gave up Neal plus for him. Not sure if they would take a good prospect and a 2nd.

so We would have

Timonen/Coburn
Goligoski/Schenn
Mez/Grossman

ignore how I have the pairings. Then you would have Foster,Lilja,Gervais sitting in the pressbox eating salary. 9 defenseman on the pro roster. Im thinking if they make a move for Goligoski someone goes off our current top 5.
They haven't LTIRed them because we are not at the upper limit. You can't use LTIR until you hit the upper limit.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:28 PM
  #28
GoneFullHextall
NOT MY PRESIDENT
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 43,560
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
They haven't LTIRed them because we are not at the upper limit. You can't use LTIR until you hit the upper limit.
ahh right. forgot about the rules.
according to cap geek they are 2 million or so under the cap.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:08 PM
  #29
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 38,987
vCash: 500
Honestly, if he's being benched for the Stars, and if he stays that way, I could see him being attained for cheaper than we think. Gus + 2nd/3rd, plus possibly someone else.

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Mez-Goligoski
Gervais

We'd have 2 good D-men for the PP in Timonen and Goligoski.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Bill M made a great point earlier today (yesterday I guess). One move we could look at is grabbing a defender like Runblad from the Coyotes. Hasnt stuck yet in the NHL but has the chance to be the puckmoving defender in the future. Obviously not a #1 atm, but I think a team like Coyotes (who are STACKED on D) can move him for a position of weakness at forward. Just comes down to who they move and who we give up.
I know on the trade board, he would supposedly be "overpaid" for to get him...

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:43 PM
  #30
hockeyphan25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
I wonder if we'll end up trading Laughton and then he turns into the next mike richards instead of brayden schenn. i know his numbers in oshawa may not show it but i was really impressed in his tryout stint. i'd be careful about trading him.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:40 AM
  #31
Schenn Bros Pizza*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly, if he's being benched for the Stars, and if he stays that way, I could see him being attained for cheaper than we think. Gus + 2nd/3rd, plus possibly someone else.

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Mez-Goligoski
Gervais

We'd have 2 good D-men for the PP in Timonen and Goligoski.



I know on the trade board, he would supposedly be "overpaid" for to get him...
There is absolute no way in hell we get him for Gus + 2nd/3rd. Please quit low balling. Goligoski got two assists tonight. I'd probably give Laughton + 2nd or even Read straight up.

Schenn Bros Pizza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:56 AM
  #32
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 38,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
There is absolute no way in hell we get him for Gus + 2nd/3rd. Please quit low balling. Goligoski got two assists tonight. I'd probably give Laughton + 2nd or even Read straight up.
All I read was that he was benched, didn't see he played tonight and I said that before I watched the highlights of the game tonight. Yeah he did have 2 good assists.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:56 AM
  #33
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
I really think it's strange that this board hated on Matt Carle like he was the devil himself and now it's been discussed that we could go after Goligoski.

Same thing with Yandle. I had to read that Yandle is soft the other day. Try Goligoski.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:58 AM
  #34
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 38,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
I really think it's strange that this board hated on Matt Carle like he was the devil himself and now it's been discussed that we could go after Goligoski.

Same thing with Yandle. I had to read that Yandle is soft the other day. Try Goligoski.
Well, Goligoski is at least cheaper than both.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:05 AM
  #35
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Well, Goligoski is at least cheaper than both.
In Salary?
A whopping $900k cheaper than Carle and $625k cheaper than Yandle.

I agree that he'd probably would cost less than Yandle in a trade, but I believe Yandle could be our #1 whereas Goligoski would be another top4 guy.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:01 AM
  #36
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia, AUT
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
This would be like us benching Brayden for a game and then teams expecting us to give him away for significantly less then what we paid for him
I agree with what you say. Him getting benched for a game means nothing. Unless he stays in the doghouse or starts talking **** about the org....

Can't imagine he could be had for a lower pick. Defensemen on expiring contracts that are no longer half the player he is will cost you a couple of second round picks at the deadline - so his asking price would probably be a first or a high ceiling prospect.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:27 AM
  #37
Bill_Meltzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
The Dallas team D (pretty much as a whole) has struggled for most of the early going this season, and Goligoski had an especially horrid week and final game leading up to being scratched.

He was scratched ONLY as a one-game thing (and after a win, at that) as a message, not only to him but to the entire team, that even a guy who plays a lot of minutes isn't immune from personal accountability.

That's really all there was to it. Goligoski was right back out there in Friday's game. The Stars aren't looking to trade him. They just want him to play to a level he'd shown them previously (especially pre-hand injury last season).

If you are looking at current NHL-level Dallas D who *could* potentially be made available in trade, I could see Trevor Daley (bloated contract) or Philip Larsen (undersized, and having trouble staying in the starting lineup).

Stephane Robidas is sort of a poor man's Kimmo Timonen for Dallas and plays a leadership role on/off ice. I doubt Dallas would move him now, but he could be available next year when he's in the final year of his contract.

Bill_Meltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.