HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks & Oilers

Old
02-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

vCash: 500
I'd just like to say that a Keith Ballard is exactly what Edmonton needs. I am not a fan of this trade at all though.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:52 AM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
Overrating your players much?
I didnt overrate anyone, I simply said the Oilers top two pairings work well together and Ballard is neither enough of an upgrade to break them up, or to bring a partner like Correy Potter into top 4 minutes. But apparently you're too busy thinking everyone on Edmonton is terrible and can be replaced by just anyone to actually read what I wrote.

Onto the main topic here Dubynk is not better than Schnieder at this point, Hemsky isin't garbage and although I think Schnieder is clearly the better goaltender now isin't the time to make a move. They need to see what they have in Dubynk and how he doea as a number 1 before looking to make a trade or sign a free agent.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:57 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
trust me, he would be vying for a top 4 role and wtf about not physical, Ballard throws his body around quite a bit. One of our most consistently physical defenseman. You haven't seen enough of him to declare him your buyout
Ballard is definitely a physical player (LOVE those hipchecks) but Fistric has him beat in that department. Ballard is better in practically every other aspect of hockey however.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:32 AM
freakydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
I didnt overrate anyone, I simply said the Oilers top two pairings work well together and Ballard is neither enough of an upgrade to break them up, or to bring a partner like Correy Potter into top 4 minutes. But apparently you're too busy thinking everyone on Edmonton is terrible and can be replaced by just anyone to actually read what I wrote.

Onto the main topic here Dubynk is not better than Schnieder at this point, Hemsky isin't garbage and although I think Schnieder is clearly the better goaltender now isin't the time to make a move. They need to see what they have in Dubynk and how he doea as a number 1 before looking to make a trade or sign a free agent.
You've got me wrong- An oiler fan propsed a trade that I thought VALUE WISE was fair but basically a trade that was a lateral cap move for both teams & improved EDM more than vancouver.Basically you talk like EDM's top 4 pairings are among the best in the league & they are not--they are not trash by any means but adding offence from the D would make your team better---Ballard can & will produce points in a top 4 role his track record shows that in fact he has PPG number that is equal to N.Schultz & Smid combined.Even though he has spent much time in Vancouver being used as a 3rd pairing guy.Ballard is only 1 peice in a multi player trade that overall improves edm

freakydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:42 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
trust me, he would be vying for a top 4 role and wtf about not physical, Ballard throws his body around quite a bit. One of our most consistently physical defenseman. You haven't seen enough of him to declare him your buyout
Read it again. I said he's less physical than Fistric. I've watched him plenty. I live in vancouver for crying out loud, and he simply wouldn't be in the Oilers top 4. With how much everyone says we aren't going to be able to afford our big 5, it's amazing how many overpayed players people try and send us

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

As a Canucks fan I would not touch Hemsky's contract and glass body with a ten foot pole. Does not matter what players are involved, really. I also want zero part of any trade involving Schneider. I like him more than Dubnyk, although Dubnyk is a solid goalie too. Fistric is essentially a younger, possibly slightly better Alberts. Have some interest, but it's minimal and not for the players involved.

I'd much rather hang onto Ballard and deal him in the offseason (or buy him out if actually neccesary, but I doubt it). He provides good depth right now and Canucks are not hurting for Cap space.

Really the Oilers have nothing the Canucks would want, except the obvious (Hall, Eberle, RNH, Schultz, Yakupov, 1rst rounder). They are very poor trade partners because the Canucks want players who help them win now and so do the Oilers. They are also division rivals which makes it even worse.

Waveburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:52 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

This is such a horrible deal for the Canucks

WonderTwinsUnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:36 AM
GoTeamDom

schneider for eberle

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
schneider for eberle
What is this crazy proposal thread? Seriously the #1 Schneider for eberle? Only if the Oilers add Petry and a mid round pick in 2013 and 14...

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:25 AM
GoTeamDom

yes you are right the oilers should add.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote