HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 6 - Coyotes 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 10:57 AM
  #76
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C
 
Judrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
I'm not complaining though, I got OEL on my fantasy team and for some reason PIM is a good thing. Have yet to understand that.

Judrix is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:59 AM
  #77
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: Fiji
Posts: 25,580
vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Smith taught him well.
Nonsense. If Granny Smith Apples taught him well, he would've stayed down nursing an injury until the ejection, only to miraculously recover five seconds later.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:01 AM
  #78
Redbirdgrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Skilled teams are going to be better than teams that require cohesion and a certain style of play.
This line of thinking makes no sense.

Skilled teams require "cohesion" too.

Puck possession is a "certain style of play"



At the end of the day, whether or not you had a training camp this year, the Coyotes were getting taken behind the woodshed last night.

Like another poster said... imagine if we would have cared during the 3rd period at all. Had the Blackhawks realized Torres was the one with the puck with 2 minutes left, the score would have ended 6-1...

Redbirdgrad is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
  #79
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,778
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
I'm not complaining though, I got OEL on my fantasy team and for some reason PIM is a good thing. Have yet to understand that.
This is my first time playing fantasy in 3-4 years and I had forgotten about how stupid that is

IU Hawks fan is online now  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:36 AM
  #80
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,650
vCash: 10592
I still like PIMs in fantasy hockey, adds value to power forwards and D-men and in a head to head, gives you another category to fight for, especially to save face if you are losing. They are pretty much pointless in a points league though as they aren't worth enough to justify holding players that get them in much more of a higher regard than those who don't.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:39 AM
  #81
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I still like PIMs in fantasy hockey, adds value to power forwards and D-men and in a head to head, gives you another category to fight for, especially to save face if you are losing.
That's what I'm doing now

TorMenT is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:55 PM
  #82
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 21,648
vCash: 50
Ryan Vandenbucche would still be in the league if that were a good thing in real life too.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:14 PM
  #83
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!
 
CPHawksFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Crown Point, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Disagree, Bickell has solidified a spot on the third line, Carcillo goes to the 4th.
As of right now, I have to agree with this...the Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg line has really come together as of late...showing great chemistry.

CPHawksFan is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:32 PM
  #84
cherrypik
Registered User
 
cherrypik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mundelein, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
The Hawks played like this almost all year in 2010. Every playoff run is different.
IDK, I remember getting beatings by the BJ(7-2?) and Islanders(6-3?). Then, that sequence in March down the stretch where 7 and 2 looked to be wearing down. We lost 3 goal leads to Detroit and Washington at home within the same week. I only remember because at the time I didn't believe, Neimi nor Huet would win us a cup. Then, I remember most us upset with Eager, Brouwer, Buff's and Burish efforts during the season. Hell I think most of us during the season thought the Hawks were soft and not physical enough. Obviously, everything seemed to fall into place after game 5 versus Nashville. This year they seem better than the 2010 in the REGULAR SEASON so far.

Hopefully, Hossa is going to be a huge part of another season/playoff turnaround...

cherrypik is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:36 PM
  #85
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
IDK, I remember getting beatings by the BJ(7-2?) and Islanders(6-3?). Then, that sequence in March down the stretch where 7 and 2 looked to be wearing down. We lost 3 goal leads to Detroit and Washington at home within the same week. I only remember because at the time I didn't believe, Neimi nor Huet would win us a cup. Then, I remember most us upset with Eager, Brouwer, Buff's and Burish efforts during the season. Hell I think most of us during the season thought the Hawks were soft and not physical enough. Obviously, everything seemed to fall into place after game 5 versus Nashville. This year they seem better than the 2010 in the REGULAR SEASON so far.

Hopefully, Hossa is going to be a huge part of another season/playoff turnaround...
Wasn't it the Cup year that they blew that huge lead in Minnesota and tailspinned to a long losing streak and played awful for a couple of months or so after that game? It was like, a 6-1 lead or something like that and they wound up blowing it. I'm almost positive that was the Cup year.

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:40 PM
  #86
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
As of right now, I have to agree with this...the Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg line has really come together as of late...showing great chemistry.
they have impressed me as well.

come trade deadline, we will have to make a few tough choices as there will likley be a player or two moved that has been playing well to fill a void...like faceoff specialist..

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 02:02 PM
  #87
Callidusblackhawk
Registered User
 
Callidusblackhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Wasn't it the Cup year that they blew that huge lead in Minnesota and tailspinned to a long losing streak and played awful for a couple of months or so after that game? It was like, a 6-1 lead or something like that and they wound up blowing it. I'm almost positive that was the Cup year.
They blew a 5-1 lead against the Wild, yeah. Huet couldn't make a save on anything that was even close to a legit scoring chance in that game IIRC.

Callidusblackhawk is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 02:16 PM
  #88
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!
 
CPHawksFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Crown Point, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidusblackhawk View Post
They blew a 5-1 lead against the Wild, yeah. Huet couldn't make a save on anything that was even close to a legit scoring chance in that game IIRC.
Well at least we don't have that problem this season.

CPHawksFan is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
  #89
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,225
vCash: 500
There were a lot of things that stood out in last nights game but I particularly liked the dangle by Toews (which came at a very good time to squelch any hopes of a Coyotes comeback). The other was the Bolland goal. Very nice thread the needle set-up by Kane, followed by a fine snipe by Bolly and then one of his ho-hum no emotion reactions other than to thank Kane for the pass. It always makes me laugh. I already mentioned the 3rd line. It was probably Stalbergs best game this season and if they can continue to contribute offensively it takes a lot of pressure off of the top 6. I think Sharp deserves some special mention as well. He has been snake-bitten by goal posts and crossbars and despite some struggles early on (as he was obviously not in game shape) could easily have 7 or 8 goals by now. They'll come.

BobbyJet is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:08 PM
  #90
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 8,873
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Wasn't it the Cup year that they blew that huge lead in Minnesota and tailspinned to a long losing streak and played awful for a couple of months or so after that game? It was like, a 6-1 lead or something like that and they wound up blowing it. I'm almost positive that was the Cup year.
I was at that game unfortunately. I really took a verbal beating from the Mild faithful.

Atomic Punk is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:09 AM
  #91
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!
 
RFIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
great way to start your day seeing the Hawks take advantage of their 3rd home game this year and dominate the Yotes.
Smith shows how good he really is. In the POs, he stopped about 3 of our goals.
It really is great to see that Tippetts system doesn't work when missing 2 regular D
Game was in PHX.

RFIP is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:10 AM
  #92
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Game was in PHX.
Pretty sure he's referring to the throngs of Hawks fans that were in the crowd.

Sarava is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:14 AM
  #93
SouthsideHawkGuy
Registered User
 
SouthsideHawkGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Pretty sure he's referring to the throngs of Hawks fans that were in the crowd.
If that's the case, then it should be their fourth home game, as they had already played in Phoenix earlier in the year as well.

SouthsideHawkGuy is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 12:09 PM
  #94
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideHawkGuy View Post
If that's the case, then it should be their fourth home game, as they had already played in Phoenix earlier in the year as well.
thought about it, but wasn't sure if people get this little joke when I say the 4th.


Still feels good thinking about this game and reading the Yotes GDT

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 09:38 PM
  #95
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: Fiji
Posts: 25,580
vCash: 1
All I know is that the Hawks are on a roll and I won $10 bucks from a friend that double or nothing'd me that game after he already lost $5 to me during the San Jose game.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 10:59 AM
  #96
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!
 
RFIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Pretty sure he's referring to the throngs of Hawks fans that were in the crowd.
Oh my bad!

Yes and I love how well hawk fans support this team in every arena, reminds me of Steeler fans who take over every venue the "Stillers" play at!

(I'm NOT a Steeler fan mind you..0

RFIP is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.