HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mike Ribeiro

Old
02-08-2013, 09:19 PM
breakawaygoal

vCash: 500
Mike Ribeiro

Caps aren't going anywhere this year, and it'd be stupid for them to try (and probably fail) to squeak their way into the playoffs when they could get a top draft pick instead.

Mike Ribiero is leading the Caps in goals and points, with a 4-9-13 stat line through 11 games. He is a UFA this summer, and could help a team big time at the trade deadline IMO.

What kind of offers could the Caps expect if they dangle Ribiero at (or more likely before) the deadline?

breakawaygoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:25 PM
vokiel
#FireBergerrien

vCash: 50
Desharnais, Kaber + CGY's 2nd.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:32 PM
GatoradeG*

He would probably look good on a team like Chicago. Although maybe not as gritty as they would be looking for.

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Vitto79

I'd take him as the Rangers 2nd line C , sliding Stepan to the wing on that line with Callahan on RW or one of the big wingers Nash, Gaborik

2nd rounder. Was Ribiero not dealt for a 2nd from DAL to WSH? that's a for a full yr so as a rental same value

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:38 PM
zytz
lumberjack

What would the Caps want from CHI? We'd be most willing to part with some of our prospects who are ready to make the jump.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Nzap
0-60 in 0-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

2nd rounder. Was Ribiero not dealt for a 2nd from DAL to WSH? that's a for a full yr so as a rental same value
It was 2nd + Eakin, and Eakin was a piece Dallas really wanted.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
capitalsrock

doubt he will be traded because he has played so well for us.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:43 PM
HTFN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganORiellyFan View Post
He would probably look good on a team like Chicago. Although maybe not as gritty as they would be looking for.
Depending on how you define "grit", I wouldn't necessarily exclude Ribiero. He's not going to go destroy people, but for a guy his size (especially one who isn't fast), he's not afraid to go to ugly areas, or put his body in the way to make a play. Surprisingly tenacious, I suppose is the best way to describe it. He wouldn't be the focal point if you wanted to show off how tough your team is, but I honestly don't think he'd be out of place, or noticeably soft to the point that it's a hindrance.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:15 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakawaygoal View Post
Caps aren't going anywhere this year, and it'd be stupid for them to try (and probably fail) to squeak their way into the playoffs when they could get a top draft pick instead.

Mike Ribiero is leading the Caps in goals and points, with a 4-9-13 stat line through 11 games. He is a UFA this summer, and could help a team big time at the trade deadline IMO.

What kind of offers could the Caps expect if they dangle Ribiero at (or more likely before) the deadline?
Quote:
I'd take him as the Rangers 2nd line C , sliding Stepan to the wing on that line with Callahan on RW or one of the big wingers Nash, Gaborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
Depending on how you define "grit", I wouldn't necessarily exclude Ribiero. He's not going to go destroy people, but for a guy his size (especially one who isn't fast), he's not afraid to go to ugly areas, or put his body in the way to make a play. Surprisingly tenacious, I suppose is the best way to describe it. He wouldn't be the focal point if you wanted to show off how tough your team is, but I honestly don't think he'd be out of place, or noticeably soft to the point that it's a hindrance.
Ribeiro please

Not Ribiero

danyhabsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Stewie G
Needed more hitting!

Quote:

I'd think they could get a first from a contender for him quite easily. He's over a PPG on a dysfunctional Caps team without any high quality wingers.

I hate to use the Gaustad example, but costs go up at the deadline. Somebody out there would be willing to toss a late first for him if he's still playing well.

Stewie G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:30 AM
usiel

vCash: 1430
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Teams tend to value more highly their existing top prospects than the unknown of the 15 or lower pick in the first round so yeah I would think he could fetch a bottom half 1st for a playoff team needing a 2c offensive bump for whatever reason.

02-09-2013, 02:12 AM
glovesave_35
Name

I don't know what his value is but I hope he gets to the playoffs for somebody. It was a good time for him and Dallas to part ways but he was one of my favorite players when he was here. I'm glad the east coast fans got a chance to be reintroduced to him since his more immature days in Montreal.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:49 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Ribeiro please

Not Ribiero
I thought it was just me being grammar nazi. Thanks for saying exactly what I thought.

I think lockout gave the answer on why he came to Wahsington for so cheap. There was the risk that he'll never ever wear a Caps jersey. Price would sure be higher at the deadline, but Rangers don't have their 1st rd. Anyway, if I'm GMGM, I'm really pushing hard to re-sign him. Rrright now.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:54 AM
Honour Over Glory

Toronto is still desperate for a center, if Ribeiro is available...there's one team that should be serious about trading for him if they really want to give Kessel a better playmaker and Ribeiro would be their best center since Sundin left.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:55 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Teams tend to value more highly their existing top prospects than the unknown of the 15 or lower pick in the first round so yeah I would think he could fetch a bottom half 1st for a playoff team needing a 2c offensive bump for whatever reason.
It's also a deep draft this year, those teams might not be that willing to part with their 1st-3rd picks this year.

So far, we've seen a lot of 5th rounders being thrown around, which is weird to me, but I think if a 2nd or 1st gets moved that doesn't have some condition attached to it, it'd be a big trade and not some rental.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 05:39 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Well if the Caps feel they are out of the playoff race at the deadline, they could easily get a first, obviously it may end being a bold decision because likely there is a possibility of them making it, but that brings the fact the shortened season will only make this trade deadline probably even worse than the last.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:00 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Anyway, if I'm GMGM, I'm really pushing hard to re-sign him. Rrright now.
Given the circumstances surrounding the team this season I would have to think Ribeiro is headed for free agency. He's over 30 and never tested UFA because he signed an extension with the Stars before he could have last time. I'd imagine some things would really have to change and/or the Caps offer him quite a bit of money to get him to forego free agency for a team he's been with for a few weeks.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Would rather sign him to a 3-4 year extension in Washington. But if he's not interested or is asking for too much, then deal him for the 1st+ that rentals like him command at the deadline.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:34 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Toronto is still desperate for a center, if Ribeiro is available...there's one team that should be serious about trading for him if they really want to give Kessel a better playmaker and Ribeiro would be their best center since Sundin left.
1st rd pick

Old
02-09-2013, 09:37 AM
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch

Id love for the Blues to get him at the deadline if he becomes available

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:40 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Package Ribeiro with the likes of say Chimera, definitely a first rounder in return plus a prospect.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Lets say i agree, what's the price?

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Lets say i agree, what's the price?
1st + Toninato

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:15 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
1st rd pick
nope not from us

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:31 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Tyler Biggs?
No 1st rounder OR 1st round talent = no Ribeiro for you, you'll just be easily outbid. 'Fair value' doesn't cut it. We wouldn't want fair, we would want highest bid and somebody WILL flinch.