HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Mario Kempe

Old
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Chainsaw

vCash: 500
Mario Kempe

He lit up a prospect game for the Flyers vs Washington. http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

I didn't know anything about him prior found this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBOMnZjW7RQ

What is the consensus on him?

Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru

Well, I have known Mario for quite some time now, Ive seen some games of him playing here.
During the summers we have played Inline Hockey in the highest league together aswell. He's a great kid with some serious hockey skills.

Assets. - I would say that he's one of the best skaters I've seen in his age. (really, really fast)
He has very, very smoth hands aswell, and his stickhandling is sometimes jawdropping.
His work ethic in the offensive zone is great, and he is not the type of guy who backs off when its getting ugly.
The thing is that he's not afraid to get his nose dirty either, he would do allmost anything to get the puck in the net.

Flaws. - Need to pass the puck more, and try to read the game better. He lacks a bit in the defensive department aswell. (and btw. he's not that big either.)

All in all. - He's still very young and I think he has a very high potential to become a good, solid NHL-player. But that would be up to him, he still has a very long way to go before he's there.

Well, thats just my 2 cents.

DayWalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Petey21

Old thread, but still.

He has been back in Sweden for the past few years now, playing for Rögle for a couple seasons, then a couple seasons for Djurgården and now playing for Modo. His best assets seem to be penalty shots, he's been very good at that during these years.

And last night he pulled off this nifty move during a game.

Petey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 08:50 AM
KRM

At one point he had like 25% of his career points against Frölunda. I hate when they're playing any team with him on it.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
At one point he had like 25% of his career points against Frölunda. I hate when they're playing any team with him on it.
He's a nuisance. I've wanted Frölunda to sign him for the last three off-seasons.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:12 PM
XO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey21 View Post
Old thread, but still.

He has been back in Sweden for the past few years now, playing for Rögle for a couple seasons, then a couple seasons for Djurgården and now playing for Modo. His best assets seem to be penalty shots, he's been very good at that during these years.

And last night he pulled off this nifty move during a game.

Very nice goal indeed. He's been incredible for us the last 20 games or so scoring a point per game pretty much.

Glad he finally came home!

XO is online now   Reply With Quote