HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - 2012-13 (Part XI)

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

vCash: 500
I know my trades weren't the greatest, but it seems like everyone has settled on Hainsey being worth as much as Oduya (2nd+3rd) and I proposed Hainsey for Loktionov. Loktionov was traded for a 5th today. Guess that one was overpayment

Old
02-07-2013, 02:58 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
I know my trades weren't the greatest, but it seems like everyone has settled on Hainsey being worth as much as Oduya (2nd+3rd) and I proposed Hainsey for Loktionov. Loktionov was traded for a 5th today. Guess that one was overpayment
Weird. I thought he had a lot of promise. Maybe Holden can clarify.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Weird. I thought he had a lot of promise. Maybe Holden can clarify.
Yeah, little shocked at the lack of return. Although Hainsey for Loki alone was always an overpayment from Jets.

Loktionov is an interesting case. Tore up juniors and looked great in Manchester, but twice had season ending shoulder surgery. Never been quite the same. Has a very high hockey IQ, but is not fast, is not big.

He's kinda like Burmistrov, TBH. Not as strong defensively though (not terrible but not great). Has same kind of offensive potential, slick hands and smart player that knows how to set up guys. Could be a setup man for Clarkson on the 3rd line, if given the chance. Sounds like as soon as Matteau is returned to juniors he'll get his chance in NJ.

He really only feels comfortable in the middle. Combine that with a desire to be NHL or he is heading home to KHL, I guess is the reason for the return.

On a main board thread I said as the Jets I would have offered Spencer Machacek + CHI 2nd, so clearly I overvalued him as well

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 02-07-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old
02-07-2013, 03:27 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Yeah, little shocked at the lack of return. Although Hainsey for Loki alone was always an overpayment from Jets.

Loktionov is an interesting case. Tore up juniors and looked great in Manchester, but twice had season ending shoulder surgery. Never been quite the same. Has a very high hockey IQ, but is not fast, is not big.

He's kinda like Burmistrov, TBH. Not as strong defensively though (not terrible but not great). Has same kind of offensive potential, slick hands and smart player that knows how to set up guys. Could be a setup man for Clarkson on the 3rd line, if given the chance. Sounds like as soon as Matteau is returned to juniors he'll get his chance in NJ.

He really only feels comfortable in the middle. Combine that with a desire to be NHL or he is heading home to KHL, I guess is the reason for the return.

On a main board thread I said as the Jets I would have offered Spencer Machacek + CHI 2nd, so clearly I overvalued him as well
Thanks man. Did he end up suiting up for the Kings last season on the cup run or not? I can't remember.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:37 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Thanks man. Did he end up suiting up for the Kings last season on the cup run or not? I can't remember.
He played mostly on the 3rd line with Stoll and Lewis last year, IIRC in the first part of the season, getting slightly more minutes when Richards was out. Spent half the season with LA, but was down in Manchester starting in January for good.

Came back as a "black ace" during the playoff run and suited up for 2 games in the playoff run. Trying to remember when that was, I think it was the Vancouver series. I think Fraser had some family issues or something and missed a couple of games, but it was very limited minutes.

He was never a guy that was going to fit in with the grinding cycle game LA plays. Particularly not on the 3rd or 4th line where LA does not have that much scoring talent.

Kind of ****** he did not get his name on the cup when he was just 2 regular season games shy of the automatic add (he had 39gp, 41gp is the cutoff), then he appeared in playoffs, but not the finals so he didn't get the automatic add there either like Gagne did. Kings used their requests on Davis Drewiske (#7 D who played only 9 games all year due to Kings freakishly healthy D last year, did not appear in 2012 I think) and Kevin Westgarth (Enforcer, played like 28 games, but only like 4 after the coaching change in early December and for sure none in 2012). Sad really.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:21 PM
sully1410

That's really too bad.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Just for my own amusement, does anyone have any differing opinions on what guys are longer term fixtures in our lineup?

1st
Kane-#1C plz-Wheeler
2nd
Ladd-Burmistrov-(UFA RW?)
3rd
Lowry-Scheifele-Little
4th
Slater, Wright, Cormier, Machacek, Klingberg, etc

1st pair
Enstrom-Byfuglien
2nd pair
(UFA LD)-Bogosian
3rd pair
Trouba-Postma

Or something like that? Obviously the hardest piece and biggest hole to fill is #1C.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:23 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Just for my own amusement, does anyone have any differing opinions on what guys are longer term fixtures in our lineup?

1st
Kane-#1C plz-Wheeler
2nd
Ladd-Burmistrov-(UFA RW?)
3rd
Lowry-Scheifele-Little
4th
Slater, Wright, Cormier, Machacek, Klingberg, etc

1st pair
Enstrom-Byfuglien
2nd pair
(UFA LD)-Bogosian
3rd pair
Trouba-Postma

Or something like that? Obviously the hardest piece and biggest hole to fill is #1C.
No Zachy Red? He's lookin to be a solid 2nd pairing Defenseman.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
No Zachy Red? He's lookin to be a solid 2nd pairing Defenseman.
Cut his name and put Trouba in and forgot to paste. Good catch.

My main goal is to gauge whether people think the lineup I have posted with Pavelec in net would actually be a contender like I think it would be.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Cut his name and put Trouba in and forgot to paste. Good catch.

My main goal is to gauge whether people think the lineup I have posted with Pavelec in net would actually be a contender like I think it would be.
What time frame are we looking at?

Old
02-07-2013, 04:33 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
He played mostly on the 3rd line with Stoll and Lewis last year, IIRC in the first part of the season, getting slightly more minutes when Richards was out. Spent half the season with LA, but was down in Manchester starting in January for good.

Came back as a "black ace" during the playoff run and suited up for 2 games in the playoff run. Trying to remember when that was, I think it was the Vancouver series. I think Fraser had some family issues or something and missed a couple of games, but it was very limited minutes.

He was never a guy that was going to fit in with the grinding cycle game LA plays. Particularly not on the 3rd or 4th line where LA does not have that much scoring talent.

Kind of ****** he did not get his name on the cup when he was just 2 regular season games shy of the automatic add (he had 39gp, 41gp is the cutoff), then he appeared in playoffs, but not the finals so he didn't get the automatic add there either like Gagne did. Kings used their requests on Davis Drewiske (#7 D who played only 9 games all year due to Kings freakishly healthy D last year, did not appear in 2012 I think) and Kevin Westgarth (Enforcer, played like 28 games, but only like 4 after the coaching change in early December and for sure none in 2012). Sad really.
This is a really cool line combo tool

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...gametype=ALL#A

Old
02-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
This is a really cool line combo tool

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...gametype=ALL#A
That's nice. Really will come in handy with all the "No he didn't, he played most of last year with player X", discussions.

Old
02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
What time frame are we looking at?
14-15 to be at least close to home ice in the playoffs, the year after for the Cup push!!!1

Seriously though.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Zhamnov10

With LA recent trades I wonder If Muzzin,Scuderi or Forbort could be plucked out of there obviously all at different prices does anyone have any input on Muzzin he seems like a potential top LD pairing.Another guy I would like to see the jets aquire is Colby Robak from the panthers I think he to will become a top 4 guy soon enough

Old
02-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
With LA recent trades I wonder If Muzzin,Scuderi or Forbort could be plucked out of there obviously all at different prices does anyone have any input on Muzzin he seems like a potential top LD pairing.Another guy I would like to see the jets aquire is Colby Robak from the panthers I think he to will become a top 4 guy soon enough
Yeah, no chance at Muzzin is a top pairing D. He is like a Paul Postma, but not as good a skater, passer or shooter. He tops out as what he is right now, a bottom pairing guy, some hitting, average positioning, solid first pass and shot, decent skater. There's a reason the Kings went out and got another bottom pairing guy in Ellerby, Drewiske and Muzzin were not really getting the job done.

No chance to lure Forbort away Kings are super high on him, he is the only D they have that projects into the top 4 as two way defender.

Scuderi is UFA after this year and LA will do everything they can to retain him. There is literally zero chance LA trades him. At best WPG will have a chance at him with 30 other teams in UFA.

Robak? Meh, not a huge fan myself. The fact that he's been passed by guys like Michael Caruso is hugely concerning. Don't think he is going to be what they thought he would be last year.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
do you really see colby robak as a top 4 guy, or is it because of some other factors...like because he's manitoban?

Don't get me wrong, robak could be a top 4 guy and is a decent young player for what he is, but In all honesty i think hes got a similar talent level as redmond postma, just possibly in different areas- it's unlikely he becomes top 4.

This just reminds me of a "we should acquire cody eakin" thread that popped up, they're decent player/prospecst, but they're not the types of players you target to bring in (more so the types of players you "accept" when shipping someone out). Almost every team has players like this, we just don't pay attention to them because they aren't local boys.

So really, do you actually feel we need a player like colby robak? a 5-7 D man with an outside shot at top 4? I'd say we've already got 2 of those.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
do you really see colby robak as a top 4 guy, or is it because of some other factors...like because he's manitoban?

Don't get me wrong, robak could be a top 4 guy and is a decent young player for what he is, but In all honesty i think hes got a similar talent level as redmond postma, just possibly in different areas- it's unlikely he becomes top 4.

This just reminds me of a "we should acquire cody eakin" thread that popped up, they're decent player/prospecst, but they're not the types of players you target to bring in (more so the types of players you "accept" when shipping someone out). Almost every team has players like this, we just don't pay attention to them because they aren't local boys.

So really, do you actually feel we need a player like colby robak? a 5-7 D man with an outside shot at top 4? I'd say we've already got 2 of those.
I'm just looking for some Left handed defemceman with some grit that can play I agree it's a bit of an unknown to know where a guy like to Robak or Muzzin will end up but at some point we need to address the top 4 LD spot even if Hainsey re signs short term all of our guys coming up are righties I think we will ended moving Postma to help fill some needs.We need to keep our farm system flowing with possible call ups with out Kulda in the picture we are really thin for a couple of years until some younger guys develop.i just think we can't really spend much more money on our D (once we resign bogo) that money is needed elsewhere

Old
02-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Yeah, no chance at Muzzin is a top pairing D. He is like a Paul Postma, but not as good a skater, passer or shooter. He tops out as what he is right now, a bottom pairing guy, some hitting, average positioning, solid first pass and shot, decent skater. There's a reason the Kings went out and got another bottom pairing guy in Ellerby, Drewiske and Muzzin were not really getting the job done.

No chance to lure Forbort away Kings are super high on him, he is the only D they have that projects into the top 4 as two way defender.

Scuderi is UFA after this year and LA will do everything they can to retain him. There is literally zero chance LA trades him. At best WPG will have a chance at him with 30 other teams in UFA.

Robak? Meh, not a huge fan myself. The fact that he's been passed by guys like Michael Caruso is hugely concerning. Don't think he is going to be what they thought he would be last year.
Thx appreciate the reply

Old
02-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Zhamnov10

I put this on the main board what do you think of a trade with Chicago,Hjalmarsson to wpg and Redmond and a 3rd going back.i think Hjalmarsson would be a perfect fit for Bogo on the second pairing imagine a d corps next year that looks like this.

Enstrom/Byfuglien
Hjalmarsson/Bogosian
Stuart/Trouba

Old
02-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Huffer

Quote:
I put this on the main board what do you think of a trade with Chicago,Hjalmarsson to wpg and Redmond and a 3rd going back.i think Hjalmarsson would be a perfect fit for Bogo on the second pairing imagine a d corps next year that looks like this.

Enstrom/Byfuglien
Hjalmarsson/Bogosian
Stuart/Trouba
Not bad, but I think I would rather see what Redmond can do before trading him. That plus the difference between their contracts is huge. Even if Redmond resigns for 1 million, is Hjalmarsson worth 2.5 million more? That, and we have our own RFA's to resign (and maybe take a swing at a UFA), makes we prefer keeping Redmond as I think Redmond plus the extra 2.5 million towards a UFA is better overall than just Hjalmarsson.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:24 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Not bad, but I think I would rather see what Redmond can do before trading him. That plus the difference between their contracts is huge. Even if Redmond resigns for 1 million, is Hjalmarsson worth 2.5 million more? That, and we have our own RFA's to resign (and maybe take a swing at a UFA), makes we prefer keeping Redmond as I think Redmond plus the extra 2.5 million towards a UFA is better overall than just Hjalmarsson.
And we have to save cap space to sign Toews after all.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
I really like what Redmond brings but just my personal opinion is his skating and size may hold him back he is 24 so he is about as physically developed as he is going to get his skating forward is fine it's his lateral movement that worries me a bit but he seems like a real smarter player who can adjust to his weaknesses.Bottom line is we need a top 4 LHD defenceman they come at a cost either through trade or Ufa where I think at top 4 D usually gets 3.5 mil plus because everything is inflated during free agency.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Bob E

If Washington decides to blow it up (i know George said he wasn't going to do that), how do guys feel about Backstrom? Is that someone that the Jets should trade for, and if so, what would it take? Little+2nd (Chi)+???

Old
02-09-2013, 11:44 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Hjalm w/ Bogo would do things so amazing you guys wouldn't believe possible hahaha. Put it this way, he's making Oduya look good right now. Don't count on seeing Trouba on that D core until 2014-15 season though.
I'd pull the trigger on either of the last two trades (Hjalm and Backs)... Unsure what the other team would do though.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
If Washington decides to blow it up (i know George said he wasn't going to do that), how do guys feel about Backstrom? Is that someone that + Jets should trade for, and if so, what would it take? Little+2nd (Chi)+???
I think it would be Burmi +

Closed Thread