HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Defense?

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 05:05 PM
wasting time

vCash: 500
Defense?

Do we really need that defensive horse now?

Berg is looking like a horse to me.

Marchment, Klee, Berg, Kaberle, McCabe?

Wow. Why bother changing a thing?

no?

Old
12-16-2003, 05:18 PM
sluggo*

yes

Old
12-16-2003, 05:22 PM
McFly

I'd still prefer to add a second pairing guy, who can move bodies. Although it's such a hard decision who to take out.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:45 PM
russ4king

I am more inclined to wait until the end of February or beginning of March. I really do like or defense, and since we are tied for first in the league I think we should stick with it. However, if the playoffs started tomorrow would I be confident we would win the cup....NO. We might win a round or two, but this D is not going to make it over the long haul.

I think if we could add a #2 or #3 man in the mould of a Hamerlik, Sydor, or Gonchar than great. And maybe even a tough and agile #6 d-man would be great.

#1 McCabe - solidplayer, and if partnered well he is extremely effective.

#2 Klee- Same as McCabe

#3 Kaberle - Something is off this year, but he is not up to par at this point. He does seem to work well with McCabe though.

#4 Pilar has shown remarkable poise and talent since returning from IR. As he plays more he will gain more confidence and his point totals will go up. But the play-offs are a different story, and I would feel more comfortable with him as a #5 D-man than a number 4

#5 Berg, has been a horse, and I love him for it. Great #6 D-man in the playoffs

#6 Marchment is a lot better of late, but in the playoffs I would rather him be a number 7 or 8 d-man than actually playing.

I hate to say it, but imagine this group of players with Svehla as the #3 D-man. They would be absolutley solid.

Too Bad, eh?

Old
12-16-2003, 05:59 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ4king
I am more inclined to wait until the end of February or beginning of March. I really do like or defense, and since we are tied for first in the league I think we should stick with it. However, if the playoffs started tomorrow would I be confident we would win the cup....NO. We might win a round or two, but this D is not going to make it over the long haul.

I think if we could add a #2 or #3 man in the mould of a Hamerlik, Sydor, or Gonchar than great. And maybe even a tough and agile #6 d-man would be great.

#1 McCabe - solidplayer, and if partnered well he is extremely effective.

#2 Klee- Same as McCabe

#3 Kaberle - Something is off this year, but he is not up to par at this point. He does seem to work well with McCabe though.

#4 Pilar has shown remarkable poise and talent since returning from IR. As he plays more he will gain more confidence and his point totals will go up. But the play-offs are a different story, and I would feel more comfortable with him as a #5 D-man than a number 4

#5 Berg, has been a horse, and I love him for it. Great #6 D-man in the playoffs

#6 Marchment is a lot better of late, but in the playoffs I would rather him be a number 7 or 8 d-man than actually playing.

I hate to say it, but imagine this group of players with Svehla as the #3 D-man. They would be absolutley solid.

Too Bad, eh?
they would not have signed Klee had they Svehla

Old
12-16-2003, 07:15 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Could be some teams pulling the chute by February so why rush it now.

Oilers, 'Canes, Panthers, Caps, Penguins are the current candidates. With CBA looming, could be some interesting offers.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
12-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55

Oilers, 'Canes, Panthers, Caps, Penguins are the current candidates. With CBA looming, could be some interesting offers.
Exactly. The Leafs aren't going to add that stud d man we all feel they need much before the deadline. That's when the better bargins will be available and also is best for the budget.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:09 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55

yup, the Leafs have a decent farm system now, don't want to overpay.

Closed Thread