HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Biron anyone??

Old
07-05-2006, 05:10 PM
BritSabre

vCash: 500
Biron anyone??

This is a proposal based on the worst case scenario for Tomas Vokoun. If for whatever reason there are complications and he misses months of the season. Would you be interested in Martin Biron? I saw a proposal for Giguere on this board, but Biron will be much cheaper than Giguere - Giguere $3m/year, Biron $2m/year. I am aware of the Chris Mason love in your city, but can he handle the starting responsibility for a potentially long time? Is Biron someone you might like to see? perhaps Biron for Klein, but this isnt about the value, just the idea of Biron as a Predator.

BritSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 05:14 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

If the news is bad on Vokoun, I'd consider that...

BUT...they just gave Mason a significant raise based on this scenario, so I can't see the Preds being interested. He played very well for us down the stretch and even in the playoffs.

Fair offer, but not one I'd see the Preds interested in.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2006, 07:13 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I'd pass for all the reasons stated above. And I think, based on what we saw last season, that Mason could handle the starting load for a few dozen games. If Vokoun is out for an entire season, Poile will be entertaining offers, but I think he'd rather run the season through with Mason and go from there.

Without Vokoun, we are going nowhere. There's really no one on the trade market that could take us as far as Vokoun. So if he's gone, the season really isn't going to be a successful one because there can almost be no Cup. We are just too reliant on a goalie to have someone like Biron take us far. If Vokoun is out, I'd rather just keep Mason and pray Tomas will be back next season. And if he's not, then we make a major trade.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote