HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

#10 |New York Islanders vs. New York Rangers | Feb 7 | 7 PM | 1-4 L

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 03:23 PM
redbull
Expect more

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
Back to Moulson... No way I would move him. You don't take a 30+ goal scorer on a team that can't score and move him. Can't do it. I see the point about JT maybe needing a better option for the top line. If that's the case, move Moulson to the second line. He obviously won't be as productive not playing with JT but you still can't move a guy who can put the puck in the net.
agreed. I wouldn't deal Moulson either. He's a valuable player who can just score. You just need to put him out there with the right linemates and situations to maximize his strengths and limit his weaknesses.

Maybe Cappy can help that a bit. But it's the personnel, the TYPE of personnel, at both FWD and Defense, depth and quality, that make it impossible. Sadly.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
JTROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
Thank you for saying pretty much exactly what I was gonna say and saving me the time I would have spent typing it.
JMHO--- I hate his game--- hes just a lazy player, who benefits from getting PP time, and playing on a line with JT---

Take him off the top line, and see what he does--- He cant create his own chances, doesnt battle for the puck, is allergic to checking anyone, and absolutely hates playing any sort of defense.

Old
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM
JTROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
Yes lets ship Moulson out of town, he only put up 30+ goals each season here and is currently on a point per game pace. Good idea lets get rid of someone who wants to be here and is one of our top point producers, just so we can get a guy for one year who will leave once his contract is up. Unbelievable that people can actually think this way....
Not that unbelievable if you have watched each game this year--- for the most part, he has looked horrible--- Cappy has had a few postgames (and should have prefaced by saying I dont like Capuano as a coach) where, without mentioning names, he said that he might need to change up the first line--- after one of the games, many ppl posted that there was no doubt that he was referring to Moulson, who was horrible that night-

Old
02-08-2013, 05:30 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

We suck at scoring. How are we going to split up the only constants the last 3 years? He isnt perfect, but he has 3 CONSECUTIVE 30 goal seasons. Pretty friggin good.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:38 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROCKS View Post
Not that unbelievable if you have watched each game this year--- for the most part, he has looked horrible--- Cappy has had a few postgames (and should have prefaced by saying I dont like Capuano as a coach) where, without mentioning names, he said that he might need to change up the first line--- after one of the games, many ppl posted that there was no doubt that he was referring to Moulson, who was horrible that night-
But wait, he is the most gentlemanly player in the league! That's important when you are playing for the Girl Scouts of Long Island.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:18 PM
JTROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
But wait, he is the most gentlemanly player in the league! That's important when you are playing for the Girl Scouts of Long Island.

Yea, Howie and Butch like harping on that--- hard to take a penalty when you dont hit anyone, or play defense-

Old
02-08-2013, 10:10 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Moulson reminds me of Mark Parrish which is a good thing, maybe we are misusing him at even strength though.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Still think what Moulson brings far outweighs his overall skating and strenght limitations.

In addition, he has been the better defensive forward during JT's time here. The first few years, he practically assumed the defensive duties of the center. JT has grown and is stronger and wiser, so now we see more effectiveness from him, but it's not as if Moulson doesn't responsibly come back. That he loses battles in the corners and along the boards at times lies in his overall deficiencies.

I'm not sure where the lack of effort comments are coming, albeit I only see the games on Gamecenter, so maybe it looks different for those watching live.

I think some here are on a bit of a witch hunt.

We've already determined that better wingers for JT do exist out there and that Snow hasn't brought any in.

We'll have to see how Bailey comes back from his injury and gets into game shape. As many have asked for years now, he's about the only forward on the team who has NEVER played with JT, although he might have the best creative intuition of anyone else on this team. Since his best production at the NHL level came while being a RW, I really, really hope this team tries that out, especially if the tailspin does not subside.

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 02-09-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old
02-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Isles Junkie

I actually think a Moulson thread would be more appropriate to discuss his game. By all means someone make it. But I'm gonna shut this one down as its really no longer about the stinkin Rags.

Closed Thread