HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Winter Storm on Saturday. (Blizzard IS HERE! AHHHH)

View Poll Results: Attendance
Will not attend and watch from local bar. 3 4.41%
Will not attend and watch from couch. 55 80.88%
Will attend if I have to get out the snow dogs and snow shoes. 10 14.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 11:08 AM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
How about B's and Tampa play tomorrow and they reshedule Buffalo ?
Jacobs will never refund the game or reschedule it with both teams in town- however, we might get another free food voucher

I'm guessing when the game comes on tonight it will be packed- I've had season since 1983 and had a few bad storms like this and we still went and it was crowded

remember these are FREAKING BRUINS FANS.....this is borderline cult, they will like zombies find away to get there (if I had tickets I'd hop in the back of a train box car if I had to headed to Boston)

Old
02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Its actually the owners last name

But yes its "I don't buy meat at the store anymore" good. Prices are on target with the super market for beef, pork is a bit more expensive,

Must be Heritage pork.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Jacobs will never refund the game or reschedule it with both teams in town- however, we might get another free food voucher

I'm guessing when the game comes on tonight it will be packed- I've had season since 1983 and had a few bad storms like this and we still went and it was crowded

remember these are FREAKING BRUINS FANS.....this is borderline cult, they will like zombies find away to get there (if I had tickets I'd hop in the back of a train box car if I had to headed to Boston)
Well my 2 feet of snow in my driveway just got plowed but Boston still has a driving ban and the T is closed so it will be difficult to get there

02-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Just came in from shoveling. 2 hrs is nuts. Only one car of 3 is shoveled out.

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-09-2013, 11:32 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Well my 2 feet of snow in my driveway just got plowed but Boston still has a driving ban and the T is closed so it will be difficult to get there
is it just lame boston with the driving ban?
i drove to work like an hour ago and everybody was on the roads.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
I live and would be driving in from NH. My driveway is plowed and the sun is out.

Boston has an issue as to where to put all of the snow.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's the whole state with the driving ban for non-essential personnel.

Where are you that things are so clear?

Old
02-09-2013, 11:39 AM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
It's the whole state with the driving ban for non-essential personnel.

Where are you that things are so clear?
princeton.
shoveled 32 inches this morning

Old
02-09-2013, 11:41 AM
bruinsfan001

If the game isn't till 7 that should be ample time to get the roads clear.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:46 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
As long as the travel ban is lifted by mid-afternoon they're going to play, might even play with that in effect too.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:57 AM
ssault
SW BROONS

Every ****ing year I tell myself to get a reliable plow truck and every ****ing year I put it off and it bites me in the ****ing ass.

**** this ****, I'm moving to Florida

Old
02-09-2013, 11:59 AM
ebot5
Elisabeth

Some good news.

"Gov. Patrick: Driving ban lifted immediately for Nantucket & for all communities west of I-91; driving ban lifted statewide as of 4 PM."

Old
02-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Shaun
beauty

is 93 south cleared?

Old
02-09-2013, 12:33 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
I forgot to get bacon.
Which is why I ordered a large bacon pizza last night, so I wouldn't!

Old
02-09-2013, 12:37 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Well we made it. No loss of power thank God. Just finished shoveling paths from the apartments to the end of the driveway- snow is up to my waist in some spots [I'm 5'5"] Just now a payloader is making its way up the street, must be too deep for even the town trucks to plow.

Not quite as bad as the Blizzard of '78 but close enough.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
princeton.
shoveled 32 inches this morning
LOL.

I'm guessing Princeton wasn't an area of concern for State Police and National Guard.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
02-09-2013, 01:38 PM
bruinsfan001

This storm wasn't overly bad, pretty much what was expected. I think ~2ft has been the average for this storm. Snow is nice and fluffy which makes it easy to move.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Mione134

Storm was crazy! Didn't lose power thank god. I shoveled for an hour and couldnt go any further. My brother just digger his car out now. We have 3 more cars to go

Neighbor came by a snowblowed a bit. Other neighbor has a bigger one didn' offer to help anyone. Even the new lady on the street from Kanas who asked if he could help her and she would pay. Flat put said no, and continued to work on his yard. Guy has always been a POS.

So much snow on the ground . I love it but wow...I didn't expect to get this much.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:42 PM
disfigured

Send a message via ICQ to disfigured Send a message via AIM to disfigured Send a message via MSN to disfigured Send a message via Yahoo to disfigured
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
As long as the travel ban is lifted by mid-afternoon they're going to play, might even play with that in effect too.
Travel ban is lifted as of 4pm: http://www.mass.gov/alert/alertlanding.html

I'm still not going into work. My corporate stooge of a boss has been trying to argue that I'm "essential personnel" since yesterday at noon.

I'm not (essential or even critical). Even then private retail such as hardware (my gig), gas, food markets (not restaurants) are under the "critical personnel" in order to provide "operations" of the facility. It's a teir down from hospital, police and other such positions. Either way I'm critical nor essential to the place, it's management that is . I even called the governor's office and the state police. My particular job at the store is not critical to its operation. I can't open the store, unlock the doors, activate registers, ring a purchase up, handle cash, turn off alarms, I don't have a single key (key-carrier as it's referred to).

I asked the staties if I slide my truck into a snow bank and gave them my position at the store as the reason, they'd arrest me.

Yet the first statement out of either corporate shill was "you're essential". One even went to the extent of saying he heard Governor Patrick say it. Which is a flat out lie, he never once mentioned anything about private retail being "essential". In fact the only mention of anything of that ilk was from the head of MEMA and his caveat was that if you were needed to "open the store".

I understand these guys are under immense pressure and probably have all their eggs in one basket (retirement, career, mortgage), but I consider risking my life, limb, wallet and freedom through disingenuous coercion,very serious.

When I worked at the VA I was essential, I worked in the kitchen, patients need to eat. But during snow emergencies the clerks, HR, even some of housekeeping didn't come in, nor did they have to. Hell the dieticians didn't even come in, no need for any radical changes in a single day. Never mind a travel ban which is even more restrictive.

end rant....../

Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan001 View Post
This storm wasn't overly bad, pretty much what was expected. I think ~2ft has been the average for this storm. Snow is nice and fluffy which makes it easy to move.
Until tonight when the temp drops to 0.

Then it becomes cement.

Glad I filled up all my 5 gallon cans of gasoline. **** shovels.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:54 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

i just spent 3 hours shoveling and I am not done yet. I can't even walk. I don't know how I am going to be able to finish.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
i just spent 3 hours shoveling and I am not done yet. I can't even walk. I don't know how I am going to be able to finish.
Just finished myself. I predict I will be half crippled tomorrow though.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

I ended up with 36 inches of snow here in Milton. 5-6 foot drifts too. Thankfully our power never went out.

3 and a half hours and 2 cars later I'm done shoveling.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfigured View Post
Travel ban is lifted as of 4pm: http://www.mass.gov/alert/alertlanding.html

I'm still not going into work. My corporate stooge of a boss has been trying to argue that I'm "essential personnel" since yesterday at noon.

I'm not (essential or even critical). Even then private retail such as hardware (my gig), gas, food markets (not restaurants) are under the "critical personnel" in order to provide "operations" of the facility. It's a teir down from hospital, police and other such positions. Either way I'm critical nor essential to the place, it's management that is . I even called the governor's office and the state police. My particular job at the store is not critical to its operation. I can't open the store, unlock the doors, activate registers, ring a purchase up, handle cash, turn off alarms, I don't have a single key (key-carrier as it's referred to).

I asked the staties if I slide my truck into a snow bank and gave them my position at the store as the reason, they'd arrest me.

Yet the first statement out of either corporate shill was "you're essential". One even went to the extent of saying he heard Governor Patrick say it. Which is a flat out lie, he never once mentioned anything about private retail being "essential". In fact the only mention of anything of that ilk was from the head of MEMA and his caveat was that if you were needed to "open the store".

I understand these guys are under immense pressure and probably have all their eggs in one basket (retirement, career, mortgage), but I consider risking my life, limb, wallet and freedom through disingenuous coercion,very serious.

When I worked at the VA I was essential, I worked in the kitchen, patients need to eat. But during snow emergencies the clerks, HR, even some of housekeeping didn't come in, nor did they have to. Hell the dieticians didn't even come in, no need for any radical changes in a single day. Never mind a travel ban which is even more restrictive.

end rant....../

Sorry had to get that off my chest.
My buddy is going thru the same thing right now down in Plymouth with his work, and I've been there many times working in a retail enviornment. They are all idiots.

Old
02-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Gary320

Hope all of you guys stay safe! I know how frustrating snow storms can be and how tiring shoveling a **** load of snow can be! Stay safe guys! Hope your cities also help clean up all the snow as quickly as possible!

Wish you all the best of luck through snow-maggedon!

Closed Thread