HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumour Thread II: TraDe for Every111!!

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 03:47 PM
TrueBlue9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Suddenly I want Mark Streit something bad.
Could have had him the same year Redden was offered that infamous contract........just sayin'

Old
02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Sorry, biggest problem was he was to slow, could not play any more.
He's definitely not been amazing, but hes been doing fine so far for St. Louis. Absolutely supplants either Bickel or Gilroy as a 6th d-man for the right price.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:09 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
potentially 4 freaking 3rds? NYR is positioned to rent a bunch of players at the deadline then.

People are commenting on not getting Ellerby but I think they will aim higher for a rental D. Ideally a top 4. Gilroy or Eminger would be in a deal likely

McD/Girardi
Staal/Rental
DZ/Stralman

is Leopold still a top 4 in Buffalo? I don't really like Hainsey from WPG but rental Dmen like that.
If you ask nicely I will do one for fwds too
MODS - any way of putting this somewhere for all to look at.
hAVE A FEELING IT WILL BE A HEAVIER DISCUSSED ISSUE AND i PUT QUITE THE WORK INTO THIS. BTW I think a specific thread could be an idea

Old
02-08-2013, 09:39 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
If you ask nicely I will do one for fwds too
MODS - any way of putting this somewhere for all to look at.
hAVE A FEELING IT WILL BE A HEAVIER DISCUSSED ISSUE AND i PUT QUITE THE WORK INTO THIS. BTW I think a specific thread could be an idea
Dear, kind, considerate BBKers, friend to us all,
I beseech you on behalf of the silent majority,
we'd mostly appreciate it if/when you feel up to it.

Thanks,
bernmeister

Old
02-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Ola

Quote:
potentially 4 freaking 3rds? NYR is positioned to rent a bunch of players at the deadline then.

People are commenting on not getting Ellerby but I think they will aim higher for a rental D. Ideally a top 4. Gilroy or Eminger would be in a deal likely

McD/Girardi
Staal/Rental
DZ/Stralman

is Leopold still a top 4 in Buffalo? I don't really like Hainsey from WPG but rental Dmen like that.
I think our prospect depth has been kind of week lately. CT is about the only depth pick to join HFD this season, right?

Lindberg and Fasth will strengthen the lot next season, but then we are potentially weaker again after a year or two. Especially the US kids could take a while before they literary ends up on the farm.

It's not going to pay off before in 2-3 seasons. But I'll certainly would mind just a slew of Dane Byers even if any of the 2nd and 3rds dont become better than that.

I remember the time we got a Malhotra or a Lundmark or a Brendl and they came to a COMPLETELY BARE cup board. And I think all three suffered tremendously from just that. It someone like Kreider starts to think that it's not his fault that he is struggling, but the clubs fault, they are instantly set straight because other kids would just blow past them.

But we will loose that advantage in a hurry when our kids in NY grows older and our farm is weakened.

Old
02-09-2013, 05:27 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Dear, kind, considerate BBKers, friend to us all,
I beseech you on behalf of the silent majority,
we'd mostly appreciate it if/when you feel up to it.

Thanks,
bernmeister
Thanx Bern, will do 2day
You certainly have never met my ex-wife though

Old
02-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Vitto79

its only 10 games in. When is the official deadline this yr?

Old
02-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I think our prospect depth has been kind of week lately. CT is about the only depth pick to join HFD this season, right?

Lindberg and Fasth will strengthen the lot next season, but then we are potentially weaker again after a year or two. Especially the US kids could take a while before they literary ends up on the farm.

It's not going to pay off before in 2-3 seasons. But I'll certainly would mind just a slew of Dane Byers even if any of the 2nd and 3rds dont become better than that.

I remember the time we got a Malhotra or a Lundmark or a Brendl and they came to a COMPLETELY BARE cup board. And I think all three suffered tremendously from just that. It someone like Kreider starts to think that it's not his fault that he is struggling, but the clubs fault, they are instantly set straight because other kids would just blow past them.

But we will loose that advantage in a hurry when our kids in NY grows older and our farm is weakened.
I see what your saying but when it comes down to it you have to move a 3rd rounder for the right guy and go for it this yr. They have a 2 yr window in my mind...........thinking they can only keep Gaborik and Nash together for this yr and next

Old
02-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

I have a serious question. Is this a trade rumor thread or is this a trade proposal and craziness thread?

Old
02-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I have a serious question. Is this a trade rumor thread or is this a trade proposal and craziness thread?
well it can get crazy but alot of us are looking for rental D for a pick so its pretty realistic. Some offers are nuts of course cause well we are not NHL GMs

Old
02-09-2013, 10:11 AM
ReverbAndDelay
In on the Kill Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
My thoughts Exactly. How about we all dispense with fantasy league dreams and reserve this thread for actual trade rumors?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverbAndDelay View Post
My thoughts Exactly. How about we all dispense with fantasy league dreams and reserve this thread for actual trade rumors?
meh alot of us like to throw out possibilities , reality is not many rumors out there right now since its so early

one of the guys on here called Rupp for Powe.........when stuff like that happens it makes a thread like this worth it

Old
02-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Leetch3

Quote:
meh alot of us like to throw out possibilities , reality is not many rumors out there right now since its so early

one of the guys on here called Rupp for Powe.........when stuff like that happens it makes a thread like this worth it
It makes fun discussions but not the worst idea to separate the legit rumors from the 'if I was gm I'd do this rumors' for people checking in for real rumors

Old
02-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Leetch3

Quote:
its only 10 games in. When is the official deadline this yr?
Deadline is April 5th

Old
02-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
It makes fun discussions but not the worst idea to separate the legit rumors from the 'if I was gm I'd do this rumors' for people checking in for real rumors
thanks for the deadline date............yea they could separate threads but then the one with legit rumors will go no where.......its not like there are many rumors out there

Old
02-09-2013, 12:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Trade deadline is usually 40 days from the last day of the regular season. It used to be 26 days under the 1995 CBA. 2005 CBA made it 40 days. This season its 22 days. Less money left on the contract.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
There's a whole section of the site in which individual rumors even get their own individual thread! Proposals too. Wow...

Although I could do without the insanity that these thread attract.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:27 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Nick Petrecki (SJS) and Dana Tyrell (TBL) on waivers today.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...93881856143360

Do the Rangers claim Petrecki? BC boy. Gorton's backyard. Petrecki was assigned to the AHL on a conditioning assignment last week. Lefty shot.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Do the Rangers claim Petrecki? BC boy. Gorton's backyard.
I have my sights set a little higher. 4 more games for Miller and we're at 48 contracts.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Do the Rangers claim Petrecki? BC boy. Gorton's backyard. Petrecki was assigned to the AHL on a conditioning assignment last week. Lefty shot.
i hope they do.. they can use a upgrade even if it is a small one.. i wouldnt mind Tyrell as well... would add more depth up front .only 23 years old. quick and is a center....

Old
02-09-2013, 12:44 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverbAndDelay View Post
I'm comfortable with both, if you want to separate into a dedicated rumor thread and a dedicated proposal thread, but not one or the other.

Since rumors feed variations on a theme generating more proposals, there would probably be an economy and efficiency to keep it one thread, less duplication of the same topic treated specifically as a rumor exclusively or as a proposal exclusively.

On the other hand, splitting would provide instant clarification by design of whether the topic was one or the other.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:57 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Petrecki played 2 games for Worcester this week.

Quote:
PERSONAL: “Trecks” lists these favorites: Kings of Leon (musician); “Limitless” (movie); “Seinfeld” (television show); Bradley Cooper (actor); New York Rangers (NHL team while growing up); Nebraska Cornhuskers football (professional/collegiate team); golf (sport other than hockey); Mizu Sushi (San Jose restaurants); Cape Cod (vacation spot); TSN.com (website); fish and veggies (food); Christmas (holiday); Tabloids (magazine)…likes to go fishing in his spare time…first job: teaching sailing…most memorable moment in professional hockey: winning the Worcester Sharks “Man of the Year Award” in 2010-11…hockey idol is Mark Messier
http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=3230

Old
02-09-2013, 01:08 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Thanx Bern, will do 2day
You certainly have never met my ex-wife though
You are correct sir!
When you said 'take my wife, please' that was some other guy who took you up on that

Old
02-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
There's a whole section of the site in which individual rumors even get their own individual thread! Proposals too. Wow...

Although I could do without the insanity that these thread attract.
No interest in the main boards talking here for rangers related rumors. Doesn't matter now cause not many rumors but its a thought for deadline time

Old
02-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I have my sights set a little higher. 4 more games for Miller and we're at 48 contracts.
Higher as in who that's available? If you claimed him and someone better becomes available we could get rid of someone

Closed Thread