HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs listening on Kessel?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:55 AM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
kessel is also a ufa in 1.5 though
Pavelski is older and not nearly sas talented. He'll be 29 this summer. Not the age the Leafs are interested in acquring if they're trading a 25 year old star who got 82 points with BOzak setting him up.

Let's see Pavelski do that.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:55 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
kessel is also a ufa in 1.5 though
Right. Isn't that the main reason we're even considering trading him? Why replace him with someone who's contract also expires soon.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
kihei

vCash: 4562
How about this variation of a previous proposal:

Schneider
Kassian
1st

Kessel
MacArthur
Scrivens

Judging from discussion on another thread, Mac might come in handy in Vancouver.

kihei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:52 AM
AK1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post

Schneider
Kassian
1st

Kessel
MacArthur
Scrivens

Judging from discussion on another thread, Mac might come in handy in Vancouver.
Correct me if I'm wrong but how exactly is a 4 time 30 goal scorer who is 25 years old worth a goalie whose played 75 games? or a young winger whose played a grand total of 55 games? He's worth more then that...and yet we give you a veteran winger who can score 50-65 points in a full season also? the 1st your offering would be a bottom 5-10 pick in 1st round...Kessel is probably worth Schneider, Kassian & 1st alone...if you want those 3 players you better be offering this:

To Vancouver Canucks - Kessel, MacArthur & Scrivens

To Toronto Maple Leafs - Schneider, Kassian, Tanev, 1st in 2013 & 2nd in 2014

thats a fair value for those 3 Leafs

AK1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:00 PM
DougGilmour93

What about Buffalo?

Adam + Myers + 1st

for

Kessel + Colborne

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
What about Buffalo?

Adam + Myers + 1st

for

Kessel + Colborne
Absolutely terrible for the Leafs.

Adam is not that great. Myers has struggled as well.

02-09-2013, 12:08 PM
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but how exactly is a 4 time 30 goal scorer who is 25 years old worth a goalie whose played 75 games? or a young winger whose played a grand total of 55 games? He's worth more then that...and yet we give you a veteran winger who can score 50-65 points in a full season also? the 1st your offering would be a bottom 5-10 pick in 1st round...Kessel is probably worth Schneider, Kassian & 1st alone...if you want those 3 players you better be offering this:

Over valued leafs.

VikingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:08 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:

Schneider
Kassian
1st

Kessel
MacArthur
Scrivens

nah. i *might* consider that for Kessel alone

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:10 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
What about Buffalo?

Adam + Myers + 1st

for

Kessel + Colborne
Kessel for Foligno and Myers

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:14 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Absolutely terrible for the Leafs.

Adam is not that great. Myers has struggled as well.
Hmm. I was basing this on Myers turning it around and once upon a time (not that long ago) Adam looked really, and well, a 1st is a 1st.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:23 PM
kihei

vCash: 4562
Quote:

What fun. I get to impersonate a Canucks fan. Okay.

Schneider is an elite prospect that could solve your goaltending problems for a decade. Kassian is just the sort of truculent forward your team keeps yapping about and he is showing tons of upside. In a deep draft even that late 1st could land you an excellent player. As for MacArthur, he won't even be in your top six next year. If you think you can get more than that for Kessel be my guest. Fat chance, turkey.

And by the way, don't be so negative. We Vancouver fans are really sensitive about negativity. It fouls up our yoga classes all to hell. So watch the tone next time, eh?

kihei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:33 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:

lol not even close from a Canucks perspective.

NOT Luongo, but Schneider Kassian, 2nd is enough for a year and a half of Kessel. I doubt he would return more than Nash, so you get a top 6 PWF that is still unproven, a #1 goalie, and a pick in a deep draft for a wijger that can't play defense or play physically. No need for anyone else, maybe MacArthur for a prospect (Grenier + 3rd?)

Hint- Im using descriptions to make my players sound better and you're worse, take the hint.

EDIT- Schneider not Luongo lol, the goalie controversy is getting to me

Last edited by LPH: 02-09-2013 at 12:39 PM.
LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:36 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:

Schneider
Kassian
1st

Kessel
MacArthur
Scrivens

now if we had to trade kessel id be okay :S with that package.... but id rather try and get someone (not saying we could but...) like couterier were he has top line center potential.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:37 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
What fun. I get to impersonate a Canucks fan.

And by the way, don't be so negative. We Vancouver fans are really sensitive about negativity. It fouls up our yoga classes all to hell. So watch the tone next time, eh?

Yoga class was unbearable today, and now I know why.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:41 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
What about Buffalo?

Adam + Myers + 1st

for

Kessel + Colborne
No from Buffalo, tbh. We don't have a glaring need for more one-way offensive players (offense has been fine this year, it's the team D that sucks), and no D in our system come even close to Myers' potential or playing as good as Myers when he's on. Plus, if we keep going the direction we are right now and bottom out this year, that pick is going to end up being MacKinnon/Jones/Monahan/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Kessel for Foligno and Myers
Even bigger no to this. We've desperately needed a player like Foligno for years. Couple that with his family's history with the franchise, and he's not going anywhere.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:

Schneider
Kassian
1st

Kessel
MacArthur
Scrivens

I'll admit it is good value but Kassian is not someone I see being moved. Our lack of size and him being the product of the Hodgson trade make it incredibly unlikely. Not to mention our prospect depth is among the worst in the league. I'm wary of moving Jensen for that very reason but could be sold on it. Kassian is a no go.

We also have little need of MacArthur were this to happen. Our roster with Kessel alone this year ends up as"

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Kessel
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

We are beyond stacked, or would be rather.

Anywho, I would much prefer to slightly overpay in picks ala my Schneider + Gaunce + 1st + 2nd (2014) offer, if only because we do not have many good prospects.

Quote:

Schneider is a year removed from being ranked the best goaltending prospect in the league, and is thought to be a potential franchise asset. Yes, there is the chance - however slim - he does not reach his ceiling but these types of players are rarely had once they have. Such is why their value is high early. It is the only chance a team has to acquire them, short of drafting one themselves.

Consider for a moment, Schneider is already challenging Luongo as a "backup." That alone speaks to his talent.

Kessel is worth a premium and he is not doubt talented, but his contract leaves uncertainty for anyone acquiring him. Neither Hossa nor Kovalchuk brought the return you're suggesting. If you believe he will, then you are likely in for disappointment. And yes, I am aware of the possible irony here.

Quote:
What fun. I get to impersonate a Canucks fan. Okay.
Call it a balance for those of us defending Kessel on the Nucks board.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:10 PM
daveleaf

Finding a home for Phill is not that easy. The teams that could use him don't have the assets or maybe the cap space. Other teams that would like him don't have the team around him to support him.

We are all talking about dollars on cap hits. I just don't think it will take 7mill to sign the guy unless he demands that. What did Carter get on a long term deal? His numbers were more impressive at the time and playing centre on a team that made it to the cup final, now he has a Stanley Cup ring.

Unless someone has excess talented bodies and is willing to give us a top six young forward with size, their best prospect and there first round pic I would just keep Phill. Maybe sell him on a long term contract and taking less to build a winner. I think if you wait till the end he bolts to Minny. My guess is Nonis will put out the feelers and then make a move quickly.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:13 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
Finding a home for Phill is not that easy. The teams that could use him don't have the assets or maybe the cap space. Other teams that would like him don't have the team around him to support him.

We are all talking about dollars on cap hits. I just don't think it will take 7mill to sign the guy unless he demands that. What did Carter get on a long term deal? His numbers were more impressive at the time and playing centre on a team that made it to the cup final, now he has a Stanley Cup ring.

Unless someone has excess talented bodies and is willing to give us a top six young forward with size, their best prospect and there first round pic I would just keep Phill. Maybe sell him on a long term contract and taking less to build a winner. I think if you wait till the end he bolts to Minny. My guess is Nonis will put out the feelers and then make a move quickly.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:14 PM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Do you think he will get 7mill in the open market? Who will have the cap space to do that? It's a big chunk to pay of your cap.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:26 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Do you think he will get 7mill in the open market? Who will have the cap space to do that? It's a big chunk to pay of your cap.
Close enough to it in FA anyway. Obviously depends on where the cap is then. Parise got way more on a way longer contract than Kessel would be eligible for. Lets wait if Perry goes UFA to see what full on Sather looks like these days.

Just thought they way you phrased it: It won`t take 7m unless he demands it, was a bit DUH! How is that not always the case?

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Deuce Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
lol not even close from a Canucks perspective.

NOT Luongo, but Schneider Kassian, 2nd is enough for a year and a half of Kessel. I doubt he would return more than Nash, so you get a top 6 PWF that is still unproven, a #1 goalie, and a pick in a deep draft for a wijger that can't play defense or play physically. No need for anyone else, maybe MacArthur for a prospect (Grenier + 3rd?)

Hint- Im using descriptions to make my players sound better and you're worse, take the hint.

EDIT- Schneider not Luongo lol, the goalie controversy is getting to me
I agree with your post.

Personally I want to keep Kessel but the offer you are talking about is reasonable indeed.

Deuce Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:38 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:

It's very easy, he has one and there is no reason to think he will go anywhere.

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:45 PM
DougGilmour93

Kessel proposals..

-Kessel + Bozak for
Cammalleri + Jankowski/1st + Giordano + 2nd

-Kessel for
O'Reilly + 1st/Hishon

-Kessel for
Helm + Nyquist + 1st